Alternate Universe Ficlet

by Sepiroth

Fandom: Final Fantasy 7

(Game Spoilers Here.)

 

Alternate Universe Ficlet
by Sepiroth

Cloud floated in midair before the stasis chamber in which Sephiroth's body stood, perfect in every way except that it no longer lived. He threw the Black Materia down to Tifa who caught it and stuffed it into her pocket, using the last of his free will to do so. Then he reached into his pocket and pulled out a beautiful, glowing white sphere. He'd seen it fall from Aeris's hair when she had died and he'd gone after it, figuring he could use the extra materia to help him on his quest. It hadn't been until he'd set it up in one of his weapons that he realized what it was. He placed Holy inside the stasis field instead of the Black Materia, then whispered a silent prayer, wishing for Sephiroth to be as he was meant to be, untainted by Hojo's cruelty and Jenova's lies.

The White Materia blared into a fierce brilliance that filled the room like the flash of an atom bomb in slow motion. Then, slowly, everyone's vision returned.

"Sephiroth!" Barret scowled, charging toward Sephiroth, who was now kneeling in the middle of the room, still naked and curled up, rather modestly.

"Wait!" Cloud cried out. "You can't kill an innocent man, Barret."

Barret scowled, but stayed his hand for the moment.

Sephiroth looked up as Cloud took off the long coat he'd been wearing and put it on Sephiroth.

"Not that you don't look exquisite in the nude." Cloud confided, softly, into Sephiroth's ear.

Sephiroth blushed bright red and Tifa went the same color herself for a completely different reason.

END PART 1