Title: Set Free

Authors: Creed Cascade and TJ

Fandom: Fastlane

Pairing: Van Ray/Deaqon Hayes

Rating: NC-17

Status: new

Archive: If you want it, go ahead. Just knock me upside the head and let me know.

Feedback: creed_cascade@hotmail.com and TazzyJan@aol.com

Other websites: http://insaneasylum.slashfanfiction.com

Disclaimers: We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. You don't ask where we get these strange plots starring mysteriously familiar characters, and we won't tell you that I make no money, only deliriously happy satisfaction. Very hush-hush.

Notes: Sequel to "The Lure", "Ensnared" and "Trapped".

Thanks be to our wonderful beta, Justin.

Summary: Van starts to recover with some unusual effects on their relationship.

SET FREE
By Creed Cascade and TJ



"Mr. Hayes…" Franklin said in a very stern voice. "I think you and I should have little *chat* while the boys are away shopping…"

"Yeah," Deaq agreed, somewhat less than enthusiastically. In truth, he wanted to talk to Franklin. He needed help. Van was constantly trying to push him toward Billie, leaving them alone together and making little comments about errands he could run. Deaq was at his wits end as to how he could convince the man that he didn't want anyone but him.

"I’ve become *very* fond of Van," Franklin started as he poured himself a scotch. "And you, too. That’s why it saddens me to hear of your inappropriate conduct."

"My what?" Deaq said, confused. He'd thought Franklin was going to talk to him about letting Bulldog get his hands on Van in the first place.

Franklin swirled the ice cubes around in his glass. "I find your continued interest in women distasteful and even more disturbing because of how it’s affecting Van."

"Women? You mean Billie," Deaq said, slumping down on the couch. He knew it was probably useless but he tried to explain anyway. "I know it was wrong, okay. But we were both hurting. She started to cry and the next thing I knew we were kissing. Van heard her cryin' and came out to see what was wrong. Now he thinks I got my eye on her or something."

"Yes… her," Franklin said, his temper lessening somewhat now that it sounded like a possible misunderstanding. "Certain little birdies have told me that Van is convinced you want everything he can’t give you and thinks you can find it with… her. And more disturbing, that he’s willing to be bit of meat on the side."

"You think I don't know that?" Deaq said, genuinely dismayed. "I've tried everything I can think of. I've explained what happened. Hell, Billie offered to put in for a transfer. She's as upset about all this as I am."

"And yet you kissed her," Franklin repeated. "He found you and with his insecurities, what else do you expect? He couldn’t leave you."

"Yeah, I did," Deaq said. "I'd do damn near anything to change that, but I can't. All I can do is try to fix this somehow."

"And how do you plan to do that?"

"I have no idea." Deaq felt an overwhelming sense of despair. He truly had no idea how to make things right with Van again. Maybe the best thing he could do for the man was simply let him go. He deserved so much better than all this.

Franklin sighed when he saw Deaq’s face fall and walked up behind him and clapped him on the shoulder. "Don’t you even think of leaving that boy. He’s just starting to be able to hold it together… how long do you think he’ll last if you walk out on him?"

"He deserves better," Deaq said, letting his own feelings of inadequacy out. "He deserves someone to love him and make him happy. And one outta two just ain't cuttin' it. Maybe he would be better off if I got the hell out of his life. It's my fault Bulldog went after him in the first place. It should have been me that fucker raped. Not Van."

"You cannot blame yourself for another's actions," Franklin said and then coughed uncomfortably. "If you want to blame someone, blame me. He was in my employment."

Deaq shook his head miserably. "Van's my responsibility. Not yours. Not yet anyway. Keeping him safe was my job. I blew it."

"I was the one who let him go…" Franklin said. "I may have some darker connections, but I don’t believe in outright murder… So I arranged for a little ‘lesson’ for Bulldog and had him dropped off in some backwater country in Africa. I didn’t think he’d make it out of the civil war let alone back here without a passport or money. That was *my* mistake and I intend to fix it."

"Yeah, well, that don't really help Van now does it?" Deaq said. There was no challenge in his voice, though. He felt like his heart had been cut out. He knew now that the best thing he could do for Van was to let him go. He'd seen how happy he was with Nicky. He knew Franklin would take him in without a second thought. All Deaq had to do was figure out how to do it without ripping his own heart out.

"No, only you can do that," Franklin said, shaking his head.

"Right," Deaq said. He finally looked at Franklin, meeting the man's penetrating gaze. "Van's gonna need a lot of looking after at first. I know being around Nicky will help, but he's gonna feel kinda lost. He'll need you to be firm with him. Personally, I'd like to see him out of the lifestyle altogether. I don't know if I'd trust another Master to handle him right."

Franklin groaned and shook his head. "Fools in love are blind. That’s not going to happen."

"I thought you wanted him out, man," Deaq said, bristling. He didn't want another Master trying to collar Van. He didn't trust anyone else.

"That’s when I thought you were taking advantage of him," Franklin said. "I know I treat you both like both like children sometimes, but you are certainly grown men. Van clearly loves you and wouldn’t leave you or the force. He’s not made out for playing 24/7. He’s not made for another Master."

"At least we agree on that," Deaq said. "I love him. I'd lay down my life for him. Sell my soul for him. Whatever. But I don't know if I can fix this. The only idea I have left is kinda extreme and I'm not sure it wouldn't do Van more harm than good."

"You have no idea the extent of how much he loves you, do you?" Franklin challenged. "Would you stay with him if he suddenly up and said he’s decided to marry some white picket fence dream?"

"If he still wanted me on the side?" Deaq asked, pausing to give it serious thought. The answer surprised him. "Yeah. Yeah, I would. I'd take whatever he was willing to give me."

Franklin’s smile widened. "So you *do* understand, then. He’s willing to take whatever you give him…"

"But he thinks all I want him for is a piece of fluff on the side!" Deaq snapped. "I don't want Billie. I don't want anyone but Van!"

"Then give him everything," Franklin snapped back. "Fight for him… even if you’re fighting that boy’s own self insecurities and imagination."

"I've tried!" Deaq jumped up from the couch and glared at Franklin. "What more can I do? I'm fresh out of ideas here so if you've got any I'd love to hear 'em."

"Maybe ask your boss…" Franklin made a distasteful face. "…that Billie woman for some more time off. Stay here."

"Yeah, alright," Deaq said, an idea forming. It was just that he was worried about convincing Van that his plan was for the best. Maybe, if Franklin would go along with it, it would work.

<><><><><><>

"Deaq…" Van nearly whined. "You know how much time we’ve taken off? We’re lucky if we’ll have jobs to come back to!"

"Our jobs will be there," Deaq assured him yet again as they drove to Franklin's. "Billie okayed the time off and so did Parrish. We need this, baby."

"Fine," Van huffed, his hand going up to finger the new leather encasing his neck. "At least you bought me my new collar finally."

"You like it?" Deaq asked. He'd waited until Van felt up to going out before replacing the collar. He'd wanted his lover to pick it out himself, not wanting anything that might remind him of the one Bulldog had used.

"Yeah…" Van smile softened. "It’s nice. Makes me feel… safe."

"I'm glad," Deaq smiled. He'd hoped the new collar would make Van feel more like things were back to normal. So far so good.

"You know, I’m keeping the necklace you gave me, too," Van added. Deaq had put his gold necklace around Van’s neck in lieu of a collar after the attack and now Van had every intention of wearing it when he couldn’t wear the collar. Just like he’d worn Dre’s necklace/collar.

"It's yours, baby," Deaq said. He had no intention of taking it back. As a matter of fact, he planned on adding to it real soon. Something along the lines of a gold ring. But first, he had to make Van believe in him again. He couldn't give him the ring until he did that.

"Don’t spoil me or it’ll ruin me," Van repeated automatically. He’d heard Dre repeat that one too many times not to. Especially when Van had asked for something small or nice from his lover as a token. It was better than when Dre said he had to save money for his family and Van had his own money to spend.

"I want to spoil you," Deaq countered. He could tell from the tone of Van's voice that this was another one of Dre's little idioms. For a brief moment, Deaq wished his brother was still alive just so he could beat the shit out of him. No one deserved to be treated the way he'd treated Van.

"You shouldn’t," Van repeated. "We earn the same amount, dude, and I know that you’re sending money to Dre’s kid. She needs it more than I do."

"I make enough to get by," Deaq said. "And still spoil you rotten. I don't send Danielle all that much. Just a little here and there. But I was thinking, since we're staying together anyway... what do you say we give up one of our places and just, you know, live together?"

Van’s jaw dropped a little and he turned his head slowly to stare at his lover. "You’d want me around that much?"

"Van, I been tryin' to tell you. I want you around all the time," Deaq said.

// Except when you’d want Billie around… // Van finished mentally. He liked the idea of living with Deaq and he supposed he could go out when Billie started coming around. Aquarius would let him crash on his couch if Deaq wanted him gone for the whole night. "I could live with you."

"You don't sound too enthusiastic," Deaq said, a bit worried. He'd thought Van would be happy to have that level of commitment from him. "We don't have to if you don't wanna. I just thought you might like it."

"I’d like it… I find it hard to be away from you," Van said hastily. "But when… when you’re gonna have someone over… can you let me know?"

"Someone over," Deaq repeated sadly. "You mean someone like Billie, right?"

"I assume you’d be stickin’ to her, but if you want others too… I can learn to live with it," Van answered. "Living with you would be worth spending a night or two on Aquarius’s couch."

"You ain't spending time on nobody's couch," Deaq practically snarled. "There ain't gonna be anybody else. Just you and me, baby. Billie's my boss and my friend. She ain't my lover and she ain't ever gonna be."

"Okay, Deaq," Van answered in a monotone voice automatically. No matter what Deaq told him, he was sure eventually Deaq’d take another lover.

"I'm gonna prove it to you, baby," Deaq vowed as they pulled up in front of Franklin's place. "Before we leave here you'll believe in me again."

"I believe in you," Van answered. "I love you. You believe me, right?"

"I believe you," Deaq said as he opened he car door. "Come on, let's get inside. Nicky's probably bouncing up and down waiting for you."

"He’s a good kid," Van answered with a smile. "Reminds me of myself at that age."

"You were like that, huh?" Deaq asked. It was all too easy to envision Van like that. All boundless energy and raw sexiness.

"Maybe…" Van shrugged. "I try not to remember my eighties leather, zipper, and skater phases. I was much calmer though… still am."

"Oh yeah, you're the epitome of calmness," Deaq muttered. He tried not to think of Van dressed up like a skater boy. The image was just too cute and he knew how Van hated being referred to as cute. But the idea of him in leather, now that had promise.

"I am, too…" Van tried to defend himself, but then abandoned the façade when Nicky came bursting down the hallway, nearly knocking Van over when he launched himself on the older man.

Deaq watched as Van grabbed Nicky around the waist and swung him around. He was momentarily shocked when Van kissed the young man on the lips but didn't say anything. He knew neither of them would cheat. They were just being affectionate.

"Van… put me down!" Nicky squawked happily.

"Na huh, that would be way too easy on you," Van shot back and set Nicky down, but then proceeded to put him in an arm lock and give him a noogie.

"I see the boys are playing again," Franklin said as he came up behind Deaq. He laid a hand on Deaq's shoulder and felt the tenseness under his touch. "Are you sure about this, Deaqon? It's not too late to change your mind, you know."

"I don’t see any other way," Deaq said, watching as Van let Nicky ‘escape’, only to recapture him. "They get along so well. You’d be lucky to have two boys so well bonded… they would make a beautiful matched set."

"Yes, they would," Franklin said, letting Deaq know that he had, indeed, considered the possibility. "And what pleasure they would bring to the man who owned them. Can you imagine it? Both of them naked and writhing, begging for their Master's touch."

Deaq’s breath hitched at the mere idea, but then he took in the real image of Van giving Nicky a fake pile driver. "I don’t Van would like that… Nicky’s kinda like his little brother…"

"Oh, I'd never let them touch each other except to comfort afterward," Franklin said. "During something particularly taxing, like fisting, I might allow one to comfort the other during the session, but they would never touch each other sexually. They would very much be 'brothers'."

"Fisting?" Deaq’s voice dropped an octave. "You’d do that to them?" He’d never even considered doing anything like that to Van and Nicky was just so small…

"Why not?" Franklin shrugged. "They'd be mine to do with as I pleased. You'd be surprised what you can fit up there if you take your time. Of course, the boy'd be rather sore afterwards and in need of some serious down time. But that's the joy of having two of them. While one's recovering, you can fuck the other senseless. And with those two, I'd never have to worry about one of them getting jealous."

"And why the hell is that?" Deaq snapped. This might be a hypothetical conversation, but Deaq was getting more and more pissed off at Franklin.

"Look at them. They have genuine affection for one another. They'd never let something like petty jealousy come between them. For the right Master, they would be heaven on earth," Franklin mused. He could feel Deaq tensing under his hand the more they talked and fought to keep the smile off his face.

"You mean some dumbass, dawgin’ it Master who would take advantage of their feelings for each other?" Deaq snapped. So what if Van’s maturity level had dropped off a decade and he was now trying to fend off the younger man who was straddling his hips, intend on ‘tickling him to death.’

"I would never take advantage of them," Franklin said, feeling Deaq tense even more at the implication. "But I would use their affection for one another to keep them from fighting. I wouldn't make them fuck each other, as I'm sure some would, no matter how beautiful I thought they would be together. But what man wouldn't enjoy the occasional treat of having both their attentions at once?"

"Me for one," Deaq snapped, his eye twitching a little. He was one second away from punching this asshole. "I know they’re beautiful and I’d be a liar if I said I hadn’t thought of them together. But it’s not right."

"Relax, Deaqon," Franklin chided gently. "I'm only teasing you. You speak so lightly of giving Van up. I thought it might do you some good to realize just what you'd be losing. And I would never make them touch each other. That would be so very wrong. I'm sure to them, it would be little more than rape."

Deaq’s anger deflated, eying the other man strangely. "You can be a real asshole sometimes, ya know that? You’re making me reconsider what I wanted to ask ya."

"I'm sorry," Franklin said. "I just wanted you to realize what you were doing. Van is very special. I've come to care for him a great deal. I truly want to see this work between you. Now, what was it you had in mind? I can tell you're still not terribly certain about it."

"If… if anythin’ happened to me…" Deaq hedged. "I want some place… someone that Van can go if he needs to."

"If, God forbid, anything were to happen to you, I'd come collect him personally. You have my word on that. He would always have a place to go to and people who cared for him. But, Deaqon, let's not let anything happen to you. I'd do my best by him, but somehow I don't think it would be good enough."

"I’m not plannin’ on walkin’ into a bullet anytime soon," Deaq snorted. "So don’t worry about that… it’s just I wanna know he’s gonna be takin’ care of. He doesn’t have any decent family to speak of and I don’t know if he could handle losing another lover and partner. You’re kinda like some weird ass father figure and Nicky’s like a little brother…"

"Rest assured, if the unthinkable happens, Van will be well cared for," Franklin promised. He watched the "boys" rough housing and grinned. If it were anyone other than Van he would have been alarmed by how physical they were being, but he trusted the boys. And he knew if they suddenly did developed feelings for each other they would ask before they ever touched.

"That same offer stands for Nicky," Deaq offered off the cuff. Franklin was a rich man and he was sure he had plans already in place for Nicky in his will, but it just seemed right to say it now.

"I knew you were an honourable man, Deaqon," Franklin said. "Several trusts have been set aside for Nicky for just such an occurrence. He will, however, need a strong and steady hand to guide him as well as a shoulder to lean on. I know I can count on you and Van to provide that. And to assure that no one takes advantage of his business naiveté."

"I’m sure he’s not that…" Deaq didn’t bother finishing when he saw Nicky was currently beet red and draped over Van’s shoulder. "Never mind. Some people never grow up."

"Going somewhere, boys?" Franklin asked, his voice ringing with amusement.

"I was just contemplating dropping someone in the pool," Van said, panting heavily from the exertion and tried to keep the squirming bundle in his shoulder.

"Just try not to drop him on his head," Franklin cautioned. He decided to use the opportunity to get Deaq alone and find out what he had planned. "You boys have fun. We'll come and get you when it's time to dress for dinner. Van, I trust I don't have to tell you to keep an eye on Nicky in the pool?"

"Of course not," Van echoed back with an evil smile and smack on Nicky’s ass. "Besides you’re takin’ to a near surfin’ champion here. Swim like a fish… now if you don’t mind me… I have to get someone wet."

"Just don't bruise him up too much," Franklin called out after them. "I have plans for that ass tonight." He knew he was being crude but Nicky enjoyed his more possessive tendencies, especially in front of others. It reassured the boy of his continued place and Franklin was only too happy to provide it.

"Thank you, Master!" Nicky said over Van’s shoulder. "But a little help right now getting away from this monkey would be appreciated, too." Of course he didn’t mean a single word. He loved fooling around with Van. It was something he’d missed when he was younger and he suspected the same was true with Van.

"Sorry, kiddo," Franklin called out. "Deaqon and I have some business to discuss. You boys run along and play. We'll come for you when we're finished."

"Okay," was Nicky’s last reply as they rounded the corner towards the swimming pool. He gave up on his ‘rescue’ with a big smile. A few seconds later, both Deaq and Franklin heard loud laughing and shrieking, followed by a large splash.

"Boys will be boys," Deaq said, smiling nervously. Now that he and Franklin were alone he wasn't sure what to say. He still thought his plan was the best way to convince Van that he was serious but he was scared, too.

"Yes, they will," Franklin agreed. "And you’d be out there with them if it wasn’t for the dark cloud of guilt hanging over you."

"Yeah," Deaq agreed. "I still haven't managed to convince him that I'm not gonna go running off with Billie as soon as he turns his back. I even asked him to move in with me on the way over here. You know what he said? He said he'd love to and to just let him know when I wanted to bring someone home so he could crash somewhere else."

"And you’re sure this plan of yours will cure him of this… view?" Franklin asked. Deaq might treat Van like a ‘boy’ sometimes, but to him, both of them were boys. Both unsure young men in need guidance and support. What was two more to his already eclectic family?

"It has to," Deaq said. "I don't know what else to do. If this doesn't prove to him that I'm sorry and I never meant to betray him like that then nothing will. He loves me and he won't leave me, but it hurts having him think I'm gonna hook up with Billie or anybody else. I love *him*, but he can't seem to believe that."

"You know I still have reservations about how he’ll react," Franklin said. "And we’re going to have to explain the plan to Nicky. Let me do it. He’ll take it from me better than you and I haven’t… played with anyone else in a while."

"Is he gonna be okay with this?" Deaq asked. It was one of the things he was concerned with. He knew Franklin and Nicky were exclusive. He didn't want to fuck up anyone else's relationship like he'd done his own.

"He should be when I explain to him it’s not sexual," Franklin said. "Unfortunately, he understands punishment."

"Tell me the truth, man," Deaq said, running a hand over his head. "Do you think Van can handle it? He's been through some really rough shit. I don't want to fuck him up any more than I have already."

"You know Van better than I do," Franklin admitted. He had a plan himself. After years of being in the life, he was good at spotting types and he didn’t think Van would take to his lover being ‘punished’ at all. But he also had a feeling it might be the sort of trauma that knocked some sense into both their thick skulls.

"I'm beginning to wonder about that," Deaq said. "Just remember, if you have to restrain him, no gags. He hates 'em and I promised him I'd never make him wear one."

"Right… no gags," Franklin assured Deaq. "Do you have any triggers I should know about?" This young man was just as messed up as his lover with this plan of his. There were certainly going to be a handful.

"Triggers?" Deaq asked, trying to think. "I don't think so. I ain't never done this before so I guess we'll find out. Just... don't do anything to Van with me tied up and stuff. I failed to protect him once. I won't let that happen again."

"I wouldn’t touch Van," Franklin promised. "Now, we had best go and get the boys. I know you want to get this over with right away to have the rest of your time here to deal with the aftermath."

"Alright," Deaq said. "Franklin, do you think I'm making a mistake with this? I don't want to screw things up any more than they already are."

"Would you stop if I said you were?"

"I..." Deaq trailed off, unsure. "I don't know. I think so. I'm nervous enough about this to begin with. I don't want to screw up again."

"I think if I said no, you might consider finding someone else to do it," Franklin said after assessing the situation. Deaq was very pig-headed. "And that would be unacceptable. The best we can do is try it if you think it will work and stop if… problems arise."

Deaq nodded and followed Franklin out of the room. They headed toward the sounds of splashing and found the boys still playing in the pool. At the moment, they appeared to be engaged in a struggle to see who could dunk who under the water first. There was a large pile of mismatched clothes by the side of the pool, half of them soaked through. When Van and Nicky caught sight of them, they stopped their antics and stood there looking far too guilty and delicious. Van was in a pair of wet boxers and Nicky was in nothing whatsoever.

"Damn," Deaq whispered, unable to keep from eyeing both young men. Nicky looked like a younger version of Van and seeing both of them glistening in the pool made him hard in seconds, despite what he knew was to come.

"It’s not what it looks like," Van offered lamely, water dripping from his hair.

"Really?" Franklin said, trying to look stern and failing. "It looks like two young men I know were having a good time. Nothing wrong with that. But, Van, if Nicky's naked in the pool, I want you naked as well. Understand?"

"Ahhh… see he wasn’t wearing any underwear in the first place…" Van croaked, clearly confused.

"Alright, I'll let it go this time," Franklin said. "Nicky, next time you put a suit on if Van's uncomfortable being naked."

"I’m not uncomfortable," Van huffed.

"Yeah… he’s just got something to hide…" Nicky snorted with laughter. "Something very *little* to hide." Nicky just laughed harder when a pair of wet boxers hit him the face.

"Most impressive," Franklin said, drawing their attention back to him. He smirked a bit as he eyed Van up and down. He was testing Van, trying to gauge his reaction to being blatantly looked over by another Master. It would tell him a lot about how he was dealing with everything.

Van had always liked the idea of being put on display. It was part of the reason he dressed in tight pants and walked around shirtless. He liked the idea of other people being able to look and admire, but not being able to touch. A shiver of desire went down his spin and he felt something stir under the water.

"Seems your boy likes being appreciated," Franklin commented. "He makes quite the fine specimen. Doesn't he, Nicky?"

"Yeah…" Nicky nodded, his eyes locked on Van. He didn’t want his Master to know he’d developed a little crush on Van, but it looked like he’d found out anyways.

Noticing a hint of embarrassment in Nicky's eyes, Van frowned. "Hey, you okay?" he asked. "I can get dressed again if this bothers you."

"No, don’t…" Nicky said quickly and then his blushed increased. He’d been exposed to nudity for the longest time before and after he’d been rescued, but he’d never really been this up close and personal with some one close to his own age. His last Master was older than Franklin and didn’t let Nicky seek sexual release with other boys his own age.

"What is it?" Van said, moving closer. He reached out and grasped Nicky's arm lightly. He'd never seen him actually blush before and he didn't understand what was causing it.

"You look… nice," Nicky sputtered, forgetting the other two men watching them. Van was his first real friend and he didn’t want to screw that up.

Van stared at him for a moment then smiled gently. "You're not bad yourself," he said softly. "It's okay to look, buddy. You're not gonna upset me or anything. I promise."

"But… our Masters?" Nicky protested with a weak whisper. "I shouldn’t be looking. I love Leo."

"And I love Deaq," Van assured him. "That doesn't make me blind, though." He moved closer to the younger man until their bodies were touching. Acting on instinct, he leaned forward and kissed him, letting his tongue snake out to lick lightly at Nicky's lips.

Nicky squeaked lightly out of surprise and opened his mouth to Van’s tongue, his arms wrapping around Van’s waist. Kissing Van was so different than anyone else he’d ever kissed. His Master was so much larger and dominant by nature… Van was just more like an equal.

Van let out a moan and wrapped his own arms around Nicky. The younger man felt good in his arms, different from how Deaq felt. He could feel his cock rising even more as they clung to each other and simply tasted.

"Um, boys... I'd recommend getting out of the pool if you're going to continue that," Franklin said, breaking their kiss.

Van drew a quick breath and realized what he’d done. He’d kissed another man. He’d kissed another man in front his lover and Master without permission.

Deaq felt an icy hand grip his heart and squeeze. He thought this must be what Van had felt like when he'd walked in on him and Billie. Only it had been ten times worse for Van who'd still been recovering from Bulldog's brutal attack. Deaq tried to keep his face as impassive as possible, not wanting to give away how much seeing Van kissing Nicky like that had hurt.

Van carefully let Nicky go and then moved to the side of the pool quickly, pulling himself out. Gracefully he dropped to his knees in front of Deaq, hanging his head. "I’m sorry, Master. I touched another man again… punish me."

"Not gonna happen, baby," Deaq said. He swallowed thickly and reached down to stroke Van's head. "It's okay if you want to touch Nicky. As long as he's okay with it and his Master don't mind. You... you got nothin' to be sorry for."

"You’re lying," Van said accused. "You babble when you lie."

"I'm not lyin'," Deaq said, closing his eyes. "I'm not gonna punish you for sharing a kiss with someone you care about. And if you w-want Nicky... well... me and Franklin'll talk about it. See what we can arrange."

"He’s a friend…" Van tried to explain and released how lame that sounded. "It’s not like with you and Billie."

Deaq flinched but didn't reply. He wasn't sure what to do. He opened his eyes and looked for Nicky. The boy had gotten out of the pool and come to stand beside his Master. "It's okay, Nicky," Deaq said when he saw how scared Nicky looked. "I'm not mad at either one of you."

"It’s just… he’s safe," Van tried to explain again. Nicky was the exact opposite of everything Bulldog was and he understood what it was like to be in recovery. "I like him."

"Good," Deaq forced out. "I'm glad you have a friend. Franklin, if you've got a problem with what happened in the pool, take it up with me, not the boys. You dig?"

"I have no problem with what happened," Franklin said, resting his hand on Nicky’s shoulder. "It’s about time Nicky got some experience with a friend his own age."

"Okay then," Deaq said, trying to keep hold of his emotions. He was screaming on the inside. Screaming that he was losing Van. But there was nothing he could do about it. He wasn't going to stop him from seeing Nicky in whatever way he wanted. Van had endured enough people controlling his life. Deaq would see to it that he got to do what *he* wanted for a change. No matter what that meant for him.

"Deaq?" Van asked miserably when he saw his lover’s face turn cold. He’d never been good at monogamy. At least he’d never experienced it. Dre had always had his family to go home to at night and then there were the other men he set Van up with because he had a thing about voyeurism. He’d thought he could do it with Deaq, but then he’d gotten himself captured and to top it off, there was the kiss with Billie. "Do you want that? Do you want to watch?"

"I want you to be happy, baby," Deaq said. "If that means being with Nicky some then... that's what it means. But no, I don't want to watch. That's between you and him. I got no place in that."

"Then tell me what to do," Van asked, turning sorrowful eyes on Deaq.

"Get up off your knees," Deaq said suddenly. He waited until Van was on his feet before pulled him in to his arms. He held him, not trusting himself to say anything at the moment. Franklin's earlier words were running through his head and Deaq had to fight to keep from grabbing Van and taking off.

Van buried his head against Deaq’s throat and mumbled, "I’m sorry for screwing up… for being such a head case. I thought I was getting better and then I pull this stunt. I’ve never been good at keeping the people in my life happy. I’m just trying to make sure you’re happy… and it’s not working."

"Shhh... don't worry about that," Deaq said. "You do make me happy. You make me happier than I've ever been. Listen, Van, I know I screwed up but I'm gonna fix it. Me and Franklin, we're gonna fix things so you know once and for all where you stand in my life."

"What..." Van asked hesitantly. "Are you gonna mark me? Tattoo or brand?"

"No," Deaq shook his head. "That's not what we had in mind. Even so, I would never brand you and I'd kill anyone that tried to."

"Public punishment?" Van asked with shiver he tried to hide. "You wouldn’t lend me out…"

"I'd never do that to you," Deaq assured him. "I already told you that. I think I better let Franklin explain."

"Deaqon and I have come to an agreement," Franklin said carefully. "I agreed to administer punishment for…"

No," Van said, taking a step back. He stared, wide-eyed, at Deaq. "Please, don't let him punish me. I... I want it to be you, Master. It should be your hand that does it."

"Whoa… whoa, calm down," Deaq said quickly. "Didn’t mean it that way. He’s gonna punish me, not you."

"What?" Van said, stopping in his tracks. He looked back and forth from Deaq to Franklin and realized that he meant it. Shaking his head, he grabbed Deaq by the arm and pulled him toward the door. "The fuck he is!"

"It’s what he wants, boy," Franklin said sternly. "It was an agreement reached between us. He feels he failed to protect you and deserves to be punished."

"No," Van said again, clearly distressed. "You can't do that. He's my Master. I won't let you hurt him like that."

"You’re right, he’s your *Master*," Franklin said. "You don’t have a say in this."

"Please. Deaq, please don't do this," Van begged. "It wasn't your fault. I don't blame you. Please, don't let him do this to you."

"It’s something I need to do and something you need to see to show you how much I love you," Deaq said in an attempt at a firm voice.

"I know you love me. Okay? I know that. You don't have to let him hurt you to prove that you love me." Van was getting desperate. He knew he could never stand by and watch his lover being hurt. It was why he hadn't allowed Bulldog to take Deaq. He would rather go through it himself than see Deaq humiliated like that.

"I’ve made my decision, Van," Deaq’s voice lost any of its waver. "Are you going to obey me?"

Van looked at Deaq, not knowing what to do. In the end, training won out over instinct and he bowed his head. "Yes, Sir," he said softly.

"Okay, then," Deaq said and patted Van’s cheek. "You’ll see… it’ll all work out in the end. Now why don’t we go back to the room and grab you some dry clothes?"

"Yes, Sir," Van replied. He didn't look at anyone, simply turned and headed toward the room where they'd put their things. He was trembling by the time he got there and it took him several tries before he managed to get his clothes on and buttoned correctly.

"It’s for the best," Deaq said, trying to soothe Van. "And it’ll help me understand and share some of the pain you survived."

"I never wanted you to share that pain, Sir," Van said, falling completely into his submissive role in the hopes of placating Deaq. "It was my pain to endure."

"I need to do this, baby," Deaq said. "I need to set things right between us."

"Please, Master," Van tried one last time. "Please don't do this. I'll do anything you want. You can beat me. You can let Master Franklin beat me. I don't care. Just please... not you..."

Deaq reached out and caressed Van’s face. "I need to make atonement," he whispered.

"Yes, Sir," Van said again. He realized nothing he could say was going to change Deaq's mind. All he could do now was try to endure it. He'd seen Master Franklin dole out punishment before. Even experienced subs had a hard time taking it.

"I’m doing this for us," Deaq said, taking a deep breath and turning towards the door. What he didn’t see was Van slipping his gun in the back of his jeans.

Franklin and Nicky were waiting for them in the playroom. Nicky seemed nervous and went immediately to Van when he walked in. He could tell by the tenseness in his friend that he wasn't handling this very well at all. Nicky had done everything he could to talk his Master out of this, even earning himself a punishment for refusing to let the matter rest. He'd had to try, though.

"Nicky insisted on being here for Van," Franklin informed them. His young lover had informed his Master that he wouldn’t have anything else, standing up to Franklin for the first time on something like this.

"Good," Deaq said. Part of him was glad Van would have someone there beside him, but another part of him balked at the idea of the young man being privy to his debasement, too. His concern for Van, however, won out.

"Nicky. Van. I want you boys to kneel over there and keep quiet," Franklin instructed, motioned to an area a good distance away from the X frame.

"Yes, Sir," Nicky replied. When Van didn't move, he tugged his arm to get him going. As they moved to the corner, he watched Van noting how he never took his eyes off his Master.

"Strip off your shirt, Deaqon," Franklin instructed, "And position yourself on the frame."

Deaq took a deep breath and did as instructed. He pulled his shirt over his head and dropped it to the floor then walked over to the frame. He shuddered when he got up close to the thing. He hadn't liked it when that kid had been hanging from it and he liked it even less now.

"Do you want me to strap you down?" Franklin asked.

"Ye-yeah," Deaq said. He wasn't sure he could just stand there and take it. He'd need to be bound if he was going to get through this.

Franklin quickly strapped Deaq’s hands down, leaving his legs unbound. Then in a clear loud voice he commanded, "Tell us whey we’re here, Deaqon."

"Because I fucked up," Deaq said simply. "I let my lover get hurt. I didn't protect him. And I betrayed his trust in me."

Franklin cracked the flogger he was going to use. He wouldn’t usually use something like this, preferring his signature whip, but it looked worse than it delivered. It was something that would satisfy Deaq’s need for punishment and make a lot of noise, but it really was something only used for beginners.

Van jerked when at the loud crack, his body rigid. He couldn't do this. He couldn't kneel here and watch his Master... his Deaq... be beaten. He saw Franklin pull his arm back to deliver the first blow and he snapped. Jumping to his feet, he pulled his gun from his waistband and pointed it at Franklin. "Stop!" he cried out, his trembling hand making the gun shake.

Franklin made a mental note that he’d been right about this pushing Van emotionally, but that the gun itself was unexpected. He calmly put up his hand, making sure not to drop the whip. A loud sound or sudden movements could startle the shaky young man in front of them right now.

"Van, no!" Nicky cried out as he watched his friend point a gun at his Master.

"Quiet, Nicky," Franklin ordered. "Stay where you are. Van isn't going to hurt me. He just wants to make sure I don't hurt Master Deaqon. Isn't that right, Van?"

"You can’t hurt him," Van said, shaking his head, but the gun still in his hand.

"Van, put the gun down," Deaq said, looking over his shoulder in horror as his lover held a gun on Franklin.

"Tell him to put the whip down," Van shot back.

"Alright," Franklin said, carefully lowering the whip then tossing it a few feet away. "Tell me now, Van, why didn't you want me to hurt Master Deaqon? He hurt you, after all."

"He didn’t hurt me," Van insisted vehemently. "He loves me… he’s the only one who does."

"Now that's not entirely true," Franklin said. He was being careful to remain as still as possible. While he didn't think Van would actually shoot him, he didn't want to risk Nicky getting in the way of something and getting hurt. "Nicky loves you a great deal. I care for you, myself. And he *did* hurt you."

"No…" Van insisted again, shaking his head. "He just… reminded me of my place… I forgot it for awhile…"

"Breaking his vow of faithfulness to you isn't reminding you of your place, Van," Franklin shook his head. "He had no right to touch anyone else without your permission. He may be your Master but that doesn't make you his doormat."

"It was only a matter of time," Van argued. "And… and I betrayed him, so it doesn’t matter."

"He didn't mention any betrayal on your part," Franklin argued, pushing a bit. "Maybe it should be you up there instead of him, huh?"

"Yes," Van agreed, the gun lowered fractionally. Finally someone understood.

"Why is that? Tell me how you think you betrayed your Master." Franklin relaxed as the gun lowered a bit. He kept his hands up, not wanting to intimidate Van at all right now.

"I let someone else touch me…. I… I…" Van mumbled. "I’m dirty and used now."

"Van, I said it was okay," Deaq said over his shoulder. "I don't mind you touchin' Nicky. I already told you that."

"Not Nicky… he’s so sweet…" Van denied, the gun started to shake again. "Nicky’s everything opposite of… him."

"Van, do you believe you belong to Master Deaqon?" Franklin asked, understanding now that Van was referring to what Bulldog had done to him.

"Yes," Van replied instantly.

"And you have given yourself over to your Master, correct? You are now his to command?" Franklin continued.

"Yes," Van repeated again.

"Then why do you insist on taking responsibility for what happened? You had no control over the situation. If blame must be laid then it rests with your Master. He failed to protect you."

"No!" Van snapped angrily, the logic confusing his fuzzy mind right now. "I should’ve been able to protect myself… and I made the choice…"

"You made what choice?" Franklin asked.

"Between me and Deaq… he woulda let me go and gone after Deaq instead. I had that choice," Van said. He ran his hand through his hair nervously, eyes flickering over to Deaq. His arm was getting tired and all he wanted to do was get Deaq down from that frame.

"Van, why don't you put the gun down while I have Nicky release Master Deaqon," Franklin suggested. "Then we can continue this conversation in the lounge. I'm sure we're all a little stressed and you would feel much better with your Master's arms around you."

"You won’t punish him?" Van asked, sounding like a lost child.

"Not now, no," Franklin said. "I'm afraid I can't commit to more than that. Your Master specifically requested this. He feels he has a great deal to atone for where you are concerned."

"Can’t you punish me instead of him?" Van asked, the gun dropping almost to his side. "None of this is his fault."

"How about we talk about that in the living room?" Franklin suggested. "Nicky, let Master Deaqon down from the frame please."

"I wasn’t gonna shoot you," Van said in a defeated voice.

"I know that," Franklin said gently. "I was a little worried about Nicky getting between us, though. Now come on, let's go into the living room and discuss this. I think it's long past time you and your Master talked."

"I’m keeping my gun," Van said, slipping it back into the waistband of his jeans.

"There's no need for that, but if it makes you feel better than by all means do so." Franklin waited until Nicky had freed Deaq then led them all into the living room. He instructed Nicky to start a fire, wanting to give the boy something constructive to do. He knew Nicky had been badly frightened when Van pulled his gun and he hoped the simple chore would help calm him.

"I can be packed in gone in fifteen minutes," Van said, standing beside the couch with his arms wrapped around his waist.

"Nonsense," Franklin said. "You and your Master are always welcome in this house. Do you see now, Deaqon, the lengths your boy is willing to go to for you?"

"It wasn’t supposed to turn out this way," Deaq said, somewhat bewildered. "And nothin’ he does surprises me anymore."

"What did you think he was going to do?" Franklin asked. "Kneel there meekly and watch while his Master was assaulted? Granted, I didn't think he'd pull a gun. If I had, I certainly wouldn't have allowed Nicky in the room."

"You knew he was going to snap, Leo?" Nicky has in a quiet, but determined voice.

"I thought so, yes," Franklin admitted. "But I didn't see any other way to get them to listen to each other. Of course, your little display in the pool should have helped put Deaqon's own indiscretion in proper perspective for Van."

"Oh yeah?" Nicky asked. "It isn’t the same."

"Isn't the same how?" Franklin asked, puzzled by Nicky's behaviour. "He kissed someone without his Master's permission. The same thing Deaqon did with that woman."

"Van isn’t a Master," Nicky pointed out. He loved Leo Franklin with all his heart, but sometimes the older man was so self involved it made him thick. "Different rules."

"No, he's not a Master, but he is a man that has pledged faithfulness to his mate. He broke that promise without Deaq's consent. If I were in Deaq's place I might be worried that my boy was looking for greener pastures."

"I’m not!" Van snapped. "And Nicky’s right. It’s *not* the same. Deaq doesn’t need my permission to kiss or fuck anybody. I do."

"Then why do you assume that he is?" Franklin asked calmly. "Your kiss with Nicky was born out of mutual desire in a highly sexual situation. Deaqon's indiscretion was born out of terror and the need to comfort. Like I said, if I was him, I might be worried."

"I just want to make him happy," Van said, his voice wavering. "Just being with me can’t possibly make him happy. At least I know he’s safe with Billie… at least… she can’t take my place…"

"Van... baby... *nobody* could take your place," Deaq assured him quickly. "And I am happy with just you. You're it for me. I love you. I don't want anybody else, man or woman. Just you, baby. Just you."

"But no one else…" Van started to protest what he thought was obviously a flawed logic.

"But no one else what?" Deaq asked. He wanted to pull Van into his arms and hold him but he hesitated. He needed Van to talk to him. They needed to settle this once and for all. Maybe then they could talk about Van and Nicky and just what their new relationship was going to entail.

"No one else ever wanted me that way before…" Van whispered clinging to Deaq. He knew it was just a matter of time and he’d rather be involved with selecting who Deaq would fool around with. Better that than risk some pretty face with a tight ass replacing him.

"Well, I want you that way," Deaq said. "Damn, baby, I'd ask you to marry me if we could. Don't you know that?"

"And I’d say yes," Van replied. "But married doesn’t mean faithfulness. Just ask your brother."

Deaq started to say something about Dre being dead and being damn glad of it, but he didn't. Van was upset enough as it was. "I guess time will just have to tell then," Deaq said, defeated. He wanted more than anything for Van to believe him again but it looked like that wasn't going to happen. He'd been betrayed too many times by men he trusted to be able to put that much faith in anyone.

Van started to pick absently at Deaq’s shirt, his head resting on Deaq’s shoulder. "Ya know I felt like shit sleepin’ with a married man. And you’ll probably hate me for admitting this… but sometimes… sometimes I wanted him just to myself."

"Nothin' wrong with that," Deaq told him. "A man's got a right to want his lover all to himself. Nicky wants his master all to himself. I want you all to myself. It's only natural."

"I want you all to myself," Van admitted in a soft whisper.

"You got me," Deaq vowed. "I won't touch anybody else like that. I don't want to. You're it for me, baby."

"I just don’t wanna be replaced," Van said, hating himself for how needy he sounded and how insecure he felt.

"I could never replace you. Never. Damn, baby, don't you understand I'd rather die than live without you?" Deaq stared at his lover, trying to convey everything he felt. He would rather die than live without Van.

"Don’t say stuff like that," Van admonished Deaq quickly. At this point he’d fisted his hand in Deaq’s shirt. "You… you can’t die."

"I don't plan on it," Deaq soothed him. "Just wanted you to know the score. I can't make it without you. I don't even wanna try."

"I’m really messed up, Deaq, aren’t I?" Van whispered, giving a defeated sigh.

"No more than the rest of us. What that fucker did to you, it fucked with your head some. But you're doing great. I want you to need me. You understand? That's one of the things *I* need."

"I just need so much sometimes…" Van said.

"And I want to give it," Deaq said. "I want to be there for you for whatever you need. Even if it's someone else."

"I’m sorry, Deaq." The calm that had started to settle over Van cracked. "I’m sorry about that… I was just caught up in the moment… he was just so pretty and looked scared… and I’m sorry about Billie. I know I acted like a head case… I didn’t listen to you… I never listen to you…"

"Van, hush," Deaq scolded gently. "You got nothing to be sorry about where Nicky is concerned. You said it yourself. He was pretty and he was all scared you were gonna be mad and you did what felt right. Believe me, I can dig it."

Van moved his mouth to Deaq’s ear and whispered barely above a breath, "I’ve seen you watching him… watching us together."

"Yeah," Deaq said, not sure where this was heading. He had been watching the two men together. Both he and Franklin had.

"Just say you didn’t like the idea of us together and I’ll never touch him that way again." Van’s breath was puffing lightly over Deaq’s ear.

"It doesn't matter if I like it or not," Deaq tried to reason. "It matters if that's what you both want."

"I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want him…" Van admitted, the tip of his tongue tracing Deaq ear now. "But nothin’ to serious. Not like what we have. Maybe just a little kissin’ and suckin’."

"Oh God..." Deaq moaned. The image of the two young men, naked and sucking each other flashed before his eyes and he shuddered. He'd love to be able to watch that. He would just have to keep his jealousy in check.

"I’d want to do it in front of you, if you’d let me," Van mused in a breathy voice. "I like it when you watch me and Nicky is just so sweet and safe."

"I-if you want that... you have to ask his Master," Deaq managed to get out. His body was responding to Van's words, drawing much needed blood from his brain.

Van kept his head rested on Deaq’s shoulder and raised his voice a little. "Master Franklin?"

"Do it the right way, Van," Deaq told him. If Van wanted this then he needed to do it right. Franklin would respect him and his request more if Van presented himself accordingly.

Van kissed Deaq’s cheek and then pulled away. He paced over to where Franklin and Nicky were standing. He dropped to his knees gracefully, bowing his head and waited to be acknowledged.

"You have something you wish to ask?" Frank addressed Van. He felt Nicky's arm tighten around his waist and kissed the top of his head reassuringly. If his boy wanted this he would allow it, but he would make Van ask for it.

Van looked up at Nicky first and then smiled at his friend before his eyes moved to lock with Franklin’s. "Master Franklin, I would like to ask your permission to… play with your Nicky if he wants that."

"I see," Franklin said, pausing. "First of all, define play with. Secondly, what do I get out of this arrangement if I allow it?"

"Nothin’ he wouldn’t want, Sir," Van said, now looking at Nicky again. "And I’m not sure exactly what we’d do. I know I’d like to kiss him more. And I’d get… to spend time with someone who is my friend… who’s completely safe."

"Nicky, do you want this?" Franklin asked. He would only agree if Nicky wanted this, too.

"What would you say if I do, Master?" Nicky asked. "I like Van."

"I would allow it, on certain conditions, of course," Franklin said, pleased that Nicky had enough confidence to voice his desire.

"What conditions?" Both Nicky and Van echoed simultaneously.

"Unless we say otherwise, either Master Deaqon or myself will be watching at all times," Franklin said. "If you boys want some private time together for that you will ask for it. Also, you may go as far as oral penetration. Anything more is off limits unless both Master Deaqon and I say otherwise."

"Fuck each other?" Van half giggled. "I hadn’t really thought of that. That’s almost too… intense. What do you think Nicky?"

"You got that right," Nicky said, blushing slightly. He couldn't imagine actually fucking Van.

"I know this is fucking weird… I didn’t want it to be like this," Van said. "I didn’t want to mix these two situations, but I need to apologize to Master Franklin and I’ll submit myself to whatever punishment you agree upon with my Master for my transgression."

"Very well," Franklin said. "Master Deaqon, do you think a punishment is in order for Van's behaviour tonight?"

Deaq came to stand protectively behind Van and petted his hair. "He’s been punished enough already and he’s not into pain."

"Agreed," Franklin smiled. "You see, Van, your Master is as protective of you as you are of him."

"This all feels like some messed up soap opera," Van mumbled under his breath. "Except I know its real and I have to live with the fact that I pulled a gun on a friend."

"You pulled a gun on a man that was threatening your partner with grievous physical harm," Franklin said. "No one got hurt so there was no harm done."

Van looked up at Franklin with a bit of wonder in his eyes. He couldn’t believe the other man had forgiven him. "I don’t know what I’m doing."

"You're learning. Same as my Nicky here."

"You’re getting all mushy again, Leo," Nicky said with a goofy smile on his face from the praise of his Master.

"Alright then, enough of this emotional crap," Franklin laughed. "How about we get some dinner? I don't know about you boys but I'm starved."

"Yes, I am, Sir," Nicky said and then tugged Franklin’s arm, looking at Van meaningfully. He was the only one in the room kneeling.

"Come on, up with you already," Franklin said, tapping Van on the side of the head. "You boys go get changed for dinner. We're going out tonight."

"Going out?" Van repeated, giving Franklin an mock gruff look. "I don’t have anything to wear."

"Nicky's got a closet full of clothes that will fit you," Franklin said. "Nothing too dressy but something you can wear your collars with."

Nicky finished pulling Van to his feet and started tugging his arm. "You could wear the black shirt… the see through one… Oh, I mean… it’ll be a surprise. You two just stay away till we're dressed."

"Alright boys," Franklin said, smiling as they hurried down the hall. He waited until they were out of earshot before turning to Deaq. "So... that didn't exactly go the way you hoped."

"Nothin’ ever does with Van," Deaq sighed. He was still half shock at how everything had turned out. "Sometimes he’s just so…"

"Yes, I see what you mean. He had me a little worried there when he pulled that gun. Men will go to great extremes to protect their loved ones. I have no doubt he would have shot me if I had tried to hurt you."

"He wouldn’t have shot you… well, at least to kill," Deaq admitted after a brief moment of consider. "Ya know he shot me in the ass once to ‘protect’ me?"

"Somehow I don't doubt that at all. Are you sure you're alright with him and Nicky playing together? I saw your reaction at the pool. You looked like you'd been kicked in the gut."

"He’s never been in a monogamous relationship," Deaq laughed. "Hell, neither have I. Guess we got drawn to this lifestyle for a reason. Is it screwed up that I see a difference between what those two have and what I know I have with Van? I really just see them as playing… I don’t see it developing beyond friendship and a part of me wants to fight that I find that… okay."

"I know. I've been in this lifestyle a lot longer than you. Nicky's the first lover I've ever been exclusive with. Normally, I'd have a fit if he said he wanted to step out, but not with Van. Maybe I'm getting sentimental in my old age, but I think the boys deserve some happiness. If they can find that with each other, who the hell are we to tell them no?"

"But they are hot together, aren’t they?" Deaq asked. "Can’t deny that."

"Oh they certainly are. Personally, I can't wait to watch them. Can't you just see them? Naked and hard, touching each other and knowing we're watching them. Makes me hard just thinking about it."

"Would I be outta line to say that they’re cute together, too?"

"Not at all," Franklin said. "They are both stunning young men. But seriously, are you going to be able to handle watching them together, knowing Van is touching and being touched by another man?"

"I think it’s Van’s way of wanting to get back into…stuff," Deaq said. "The lifestyle and just sex. We haven’t done anything serious since the attack and I think he’s kinda scared. He kept sayin’ Nicky was safe…"

"Yes, I suppose he would see Nicky as very non-threatening. If I may, how much have you two done since his recovery?"

"That night he offered to let me fuck him or at least suck me off, but I wouldn’t let and now… we’ve just kissed since then," Deaq admitted.

"A wise move on your part," Franklin assured him. "The last thing he needed was someone he trusted taking advantage of him. But it's been weeks since the attack. Are you waiting for something in particular before you take back what's yours?"

"He’s still healing," Deaq tried to defend his actions. "And he… hasn’t asked for it since that night."

"I think you and I both know he isn't going to, either," Franklin said. "It's not his place. He's waiting for a sign from you that you want that from him again. You have to remember, Bulldog ripped away a big chunk of his self-esteem when he raped him. I wouldn't be surprised if Van thought you didn't want him in that fashion anymore."

"But I do!" Deaq snapped. "You don’t think he’s goin’ after Nicky cause he thinks I don’t want him anymore, do ya?"

"I don't think so. I think he's genuinely interested in Nicky. But I'm also certain he's not going to be the one to make the first move with you. You're the Master. It's up to you to lead."

"I… I don’t think it’s such a hot idea if we get into anything to heavy duty," Deaq hesitated.

"I'm not saying chain the boy up and beat him," Franklin scoffed. "But from his display in the pool he's more than ready to have sex again. If you're scared, start with something low key. Maybe have him suck you off tonight when we get back."

"But what if it triggers… memories of the attack?" Deaq asked. He didn’t want Van to associate him with that asshole. The truth was he was scared, but he didn’t want to tell that Franklin.

"Then you work through them. And Nicky and I will be here for both of you. You can't deny him what he wants just because you're scared. That's not fair to him."

"But do I know what he wants?" Deaq repeated "Maybe he’s just tryin’ to make me happy."

"So what if he is? Aren't you doing the same thing by letting him be with Nicky? You can't tell me you actually *want* to see him with another man. You're doing that for him. Let him do this for you if that's what makes him happy."

"Okay… a part of me wants to see him with another man… well, another sub," Deaq sighed. "The part of me that likes seeing a collar on him. I’m not happy about it, okay. I didn’t want to be like my brother."

"You are as different from Dre as two men could possibly be," Franklin told him. "Dre wouldn't have thought twice about making him perform with Nicky. Dre would have made him suck me off before asking my permission to touch Nicky. And I doubt Dre would have even cared what Bulldog had done to him. He'd have told Van he deserved it for flashing his ass. You're not your brother, Deaqon."

"I guess Van and me are matched set then," Deaq finally laughed. "Both head cases. Why do you put up with us again?"

"Every man needs his family. Mine just happens to be what I make it."

"So what, that makes you our daddy now?" Deaq snorted, with a definite gleam in his eye. "Or would that be granddaddy?"

"Watch it, Junior," Franklin warned. "I can still put you over my knee."

"You and what army?" Deaq shot back with a smile. It was nice to be able to joke like this with someone… someone who knew a lot of your secrets.

"Oh I wouldn't need an army and you know it. Every pack has it's alphas and it's betas. But even the alphas have one that's top dog. That's me. You get out of line and I *will* put you back in it. And I think... somehow... that pleases you."

"Yeah, sure… whatever," Deaq said quickly, suddenly loosing some of his confidence. "We’d better get goin’. I gotta change and make sure Van likes the outfit."

"Alright," Franklin said, letting the conversation drop for now. "Let your worry go, Deaqon. You came to us for help and that's what you're going to get."

"Alright, big dog," Deaq said with one last quip before slipping out of the room.

Franklin threw back his head and laughed. He should have known having these two in his life was going to liven it up considerably.

END.