Title: Ensnared

Authors: Creed Cascade and TJ

Fandom: Fastlane

Pairing: Van Ray/Deaqon Hayes

Rating: NC-17

Status: new

Archive: If you want it, go ahead. Just knock me upside the head and let me know.

Feedback: creed_cascade@hotmail.com and TazzyJan@aol.com

Other websites: http://insaneasylum.slashfanfiction.com/

Disclaimers: We have a "don’t ask, don’t tell" policy. You don’t ask where we get these strange plots starring mysteriously familiar characters, and we won’t tell you that I make no money, only deliriously happy satisfaction. Very hush-hush.

Notes: Sequel to "The Lure".

Summary: Deaq and Van get caught and must face some consequences.


The Lure 2: Ensnared
By Creed Cascade and TJ

Deaq struggled against the cuffs holding his hands prisoner but it was no use. Even with his hands sweating like they were, he still couldn't get free. He glanced at Van who was bound with his hands over his head on the other side of the room. From the way Bulldog kept eyeing him and licking his lips Deaq knew his partner was in trouble.

Bulldog’s stance suddenly straightened when another man walked in the room. This man also wore a three-piece suit, but on him it looked almost regal. He carried himself with a self-assured air and Deaq knew they were in trouble. "Mr. Hayes, is it?" Franklin, owner of The Lure, addressed Deaq. "Did you really think we wouldn’t find out about your brother?"

Deaq froze for a moment, not sure what Franklin was talking about. He'd thought they'd been made. From what Franklin said, though, that wasn't the case. "Hey man, I don't know what you're talking about," Deaq said truthfully.

Franklin made an tsking sound. "Now, now, Mr. Hayes. Our community is a rather close-knit group. I heard about the sudden death of your brother and out of concern for his sub, I looked into the matter. I wouldn’t want anything to happen to Dre’s boy afterall… and what did I find? I find that you moved in on Dre’s boy within days of your brother’s death."

"It wasn't like that," Van said, speaking up from behind Franklin. He knew he was speaking out of turn and that he'd pay for it later, but Deaq was in over his head. "He came down to make sure I was okay. That was all, Sir."

Franklin turned and slowly walked over to where Van was hanging from the ceiling. He reached out and grabbed Van’s chin. "Loyalty to your Master is always a good trait, boy, but now it’s misplaced. No one really seems to know what happened to your *real* Master… only that he ended up dead. I think your new Master killed his brother."

"No, Sir," Van shook his head. "He didn't have anything to do with it. Please, Mr. Franklin, you've got to believe me. I already lost Dre. I couldn't take it if I lost Deaq too." Van knew he was playing on the man's sympathies but he had a reputation for respecting the bond between Master and slave. Van hoped that was true.

"Mmmm… poor pet," Franklin crooned and smoothed his thumb over Van’s cheek. "You’re so disillusioned. You’ll believe anything that man tells you. Dre was always proud of you. Out of allegiance to him, I *could* take you on even if you are a little old for my tastes."

"He belongs to me," Deaq snarled and lunged toward Franklin. The two goons by his sides held him in place easily but it was enough to get Franklin's attention.

"Oh really?" Franklin laughed and then tugged at Van’s collar. Tucked underneath was the chunky chain necklace Van always wore. Franklin ran his finger underneath the gold chain. "Then why is he still wearing Dre’s collar?"

"Because he wanted it," Deaq shrugged. He was never more glad then right then that he was a pretty fair actor. "I loved my brother. If Van wants to keep a reminder of him, I got no problem with that."

"And it was oh so selfless of you to take advantage of a grieving sub," Franklin mocked. "Or was Van involved with the plans?"

"I didn't kill my brother, asshole," Deaq shot back. "And I didn't take advantage of Van."

"I don’t believe you Mr. Hayes," Franklin said. "I have a witness who tells me differently."

"What witness?" Deaq demanded. He didn't know how there could be any witness since he and Van had just started their relationship a few weeks ago.

"A certain young lady has come forward with information," Franklin answered. "She insists she was there and in exchange for this information, I gave her enough money and a new identity to start-over."

"I'm afraid you got your facts a little mixed up," Deaq said. "Sure, I come down after Dre got killed. I was trying to find the bastard that did it. And yeah, I started hanging with Van. I needed to make sure my brother's bitch was taken care of. But I didn't move in right away. You got that part wrong."

"And did little Van just cuddle up to you?" Franklin asked, petting Van’s cheek. "He must have been so forlorn and needy."

"No," Deaq snorted. "He was mad as hell and ready to kick some ass. He didn't want any part of me. Guess I reminded him too much of Dre."

"Then how do you explain his readiness to spread his legs for you?"

"That took some work. I was willing to let it go, but he needed a Master. He was lost without one. And he needed one that would understand how temperamental he was being. I figured I was the best one for that. I'm known in certain circles for my patience with unruly subs."

"Say in New York circles?" Franklin asked, now turning to face Deaq. "I’ve spoken with Scott. He speaks highly of you, but that just might be misplaced pride since he trained both you and Dre."

"It's not," Deaq told him flat out. "You can ask Van if you don't believe me. Even when he's trying to push my buttons, I don't go for it. You may think you're looking out for Dre's bitch by separating us, but the truth is you'd be doing more harm to Van than good. He needs a patient hand. He still gets temperamental and I don't want someone taking a strap to him because he mouthed off."

"Quite a noble sentiment, Mr. Hayes," Franklin said, impressed by Deaq’s defence of Van. "But why should I believe you?"

"Because it's the truth," Deaq said. "Look at him. Look how scared he is at the thought of being taken away. Would he look that way if I was using him?"

"Don’t take me away from him," Van begged, playing up the fear he already felt. "I just found him."

"You really want to stay with him?" Franklin asked. He moved up behind Van until their bodies were pressed together. He could see Deaq snarling and smiled at him. It appeared that Mr. Hayes was willing to go to any lengths to protect what was his. He wondered how far Van was willing to go.

"Yes, Sir," Van said. His skin was crawling where the other man was touching him, but he made sure he didn’t pull away in disgust. "He didn’t kill my first Master. He loved his brother. He loves me."

"And just how far are you willing to go to prove that, little Vanessa?" Franklin asked. He brought his hands down to Van's hips and pulled the bound man back against him, wanting Van to feel his arousal. Time to see just how strong a bond these two had.

"Deaq!" Van called out and couldn’t help but struggling this time.

"Get your hands off of him you bastard!" Deaq shouted and struggled against the bindings and men holding him down.

"Alright," Franklin laughed and took a step back. He considered making Van show him just how devoted to his master he was but decided against it for now. Later on, if a lesson was needed, he knew exactly what to do to make both of them sorry.

"Deaq!" Van called out again when he saw the guards handling his partner roughly. "Let him go!"

"Bulldog, gag Vanessa for now," Franklin commented. "He needs to learn not to speak out of turn."

"NO!" Deaq roared. "You keep your hands off him. Van, shut it. Right now!"

Van snapped his mouth shut, but he started to shake as he saw Bulldog approaching with a ballgag. He started to hyperventilate… breathing becoming harder and harder.

"Franklin, call your dog off," Deaq said quietly. "Van won't speak again."

"He seems distressed," Franklin noted. He recognized the signs of panic and terror in the sub. "Bulldog, stop for now."

Van sagged in his bonds, his legs too weak to hold him up. He was still breathing hard and the room was greying in and out on him. He forced himself not to pass out. Deaq was still in danger and he wasn't going to leave his partner to handle things alone.

"Untie him," Franklin ordered, noting Van’s nearness to blacking out. "Let him go to his Master and take comfort, but don’t let Mr. Hayes budge an inch."

Bulldog did as ordered, begrudgingly freeing Van. When the young man collapsed at his feet, he hauled him up and half dragged him over to Deaq. Van managed to crawl near Deaq and rested his head in Deaq’s lap, wrapping the rest of his body around him.

"Is this how you treat subs?" Deaq challenged. "Are you trying to break his soul?"

Franklin watched the scene impassively. He was impressed by Hayes. The man appeared to truly care about Van's welfare. That was good. He respected men who took care of their property. He felt a twinge of regret at the sight of Van so distraught but it was a lesson learned for both of them. He had no doubt it would make their bond that much stronger.

"What would you have me do with you, Mr. Hayes?" Franklin asked. "I am starting to wonder at the truthfulness of my source. I can’t just let you go… not for the safety of your sub. What if I was wrong and you took it out on him?"

"Tell you what, Franklin. You let Van go and I'll stay here. I'll do whatever I have to, to prove myself. But I don't want Van here for it."

Van sat up suddenly and announced in a shaky, but determined voice, "I’m not leaving you."

Franklin was forced to laugh. "You were right when you said he was a handful… why don’t I make you *both* my *guests*?"

"Your dogs don't touch him," Deaq said. "I want your word on that."

"Of course," Franklin promised and then gave Bulldog a firm warning glare. "In fact, I’ll turn the care of him over to someone I trust most in this world. Nicky, come here! I know you’re hiding behind that doorway!"

"No," Van protested. He didn't want to leave Deaq. He didn't want anyone else touching him.

"Nicky!" Franklin repeated and when no one showed, he said in more gentle tone. "It’s alright, these men won’t hurt you."

All eyes turned to the young man that came out from behind the doorway. He moved reluctantly into the room, as if unsure of his welcome. He turned nervous eyes to his Master and hurried to Franklin's side when the man motioned for him.

Franklin welcomed the skittish young man into his arm and kissed the top of his head. "That’s my good boy," he praised and palmed the young man’s ass. "You were following me again, weren’t you?"

"Yes, Sir," Nicky replied. "I just wanted to see who was here."

"We have guests, Nicky," Franklin. "I really think I should punish you… but I think watching after Van there will be enough of a handful."

"You can punish me if you want to," Nicky whispered. "I shouldn't have disobeyed you."

"No, you just hate being away from me… I know that," Franklin shook his head, ruffling the young man’s shaggy hair. He looked to be in his mid to late teens, but it was hard to tell with his slim frame. "Now you’ll be a good boy and take Van away with you to the gaming room maybe? You boys could play pool or those video games you like…"

"No," Van said again, his grip on Deaq tightening. He wasn't going to leave his partner here alone with these men.

"Would you please tell your boy that this is really for the best?" Franklin sighed. "You and I have some business to deal with Mr. Hayes. You won’t have to worry about him with my boy here. Nicky wouldn’t hurt a fly and I trust yours wouldn’t lay a hand on my young man?"

Deaq looked between Franklin and his boy and nodded. He leaned down so his mouth was next to Van's ear. "Van, listen to me. You have to go with the kid. Don't worry, no one here will lay a hand on you. Franklin’s not going to hurt me, baby. If he was, he would have done it by now. You just go with the kid. I'll come for you as soon as I can."

Van leaned over and kissed Deaq harshly on the lips. "You’d better be right because I think I’m falling in love with you, asshole."

"Go on, baby. I'll come for you as soon as me and Franklin are finished." Deaq watched proudly as Van collected himself and stood on his own. He smirked when Van glared at Franklin before following the kid out of the room. Now that Van was safely out of harm's way, Deaq could concentrate on getting himself out of this mess.

Nicky watched as the new sub got up from the floor and walked confidently over to stand in front of Franklin. Nicky eyed him up suspiciously and tightened his grip on his Master. He was after all his Master’s type, if not a little old.

"If you hurt him there won't be a rock you can hide under that I won't find you," Van whispered, his eyes locked with Franklin's.

"And if you threaten my Master again, I’ll… I’ll… hurt you," Nicky threatened back in a squeaky voice before Franklin could answer.

"Come on, kid," Van said. "Let's get out of here so the big boys can finish their talk."

"Go on," Franklin smiled at Nicky and gave him a gentle shove. "If he gives you any trouble, call for the security staff."

"I ain't gonna hurt the kid," Van said.

"You’d better not," Franklin said with a hint of promise. "He’s my favourite and he’s come along so nicely."

Van didn't reply. He simply followed Nicky from the room. He could see the way Nicky had puffed up and the praise and he could sympathize. He was the same way when Deaq praised him.

When they were out of the room, Nicky was the first to speak. "You’re too old for my Master."

"Good," Van shot back making Nicky cringe. "Look, I'm sorry. But that's my Master he's got in there and I'm a little worried about him. I don't mean to take it out on you."

"That’s alright…" Nicky said in his normally quiet voice. "So we both love our Masters."

"Yeah," Van replied. It was the truth, too. He had fallen in love with Deaq. He wasn't at all sure how to handle that. "So, uh, you been with Franklin long?"

"About a year," Nicky nodded as they moved down the corridor. "He bought me two years ago, but I had to wait a year before he’d touch me."

"Why's that?" Van asked. This was the closest they'd come to getting near any of the underage prostitutes running through this place. The cop in him couldn't let the opportunity pass.

"I wasn’t legal yet…" Nicky rolled his eyes. "I tried every which way from Sunday to seduce him, but it wouldn’t work."

"He waited till you were legal to touch you? I thought Franklin preferred the younger stuff."

"He does. Usually 18, 19 year olds," Nicky said and then lowered his voice. "I turned 19 now a few months ago, but he doesn’t seem to be getting tired of me. He’s says I’m special."

"So why'd he buy you when you were 17 if he wasn't going to touch you?" This wasn't making any sense. They knew Franklin was buying underage male prostitutes and running them through his club. But now it seemed that he wasn't touching them until they turned legal. Was he buying them for someone else?

"Because he wanted to help me," Nicky smiled. "My last Master wasn’t the nicest of guys. This Master, Mr. Franklin, saw me in a club and bought me on the spot. He even made me get my high school diploma and he says after I’m a little calmer I can start going to university."

"Franklin... does he do this a lot?" Van asked. "Buy underage and then try to help them out?"

"Yeah… whenever he sees one," Nicky nodded and then slipped into an imitation of Franklin’s voice. "He wants us to live up to our potential and make our own decisions." Then Nicky showed his age and giggled. "Most of the other boys get out of the business… go to university and stuff. Sometimes they end up back on the street no matter what my Master does to help them. He didn’t think I should stay a submissive, but I wanted to."

"Well fuck," Van said. This certainly changed things. If he and Deaq managed to get out of their current mess they'd have to change their plans. It looked like Franklin was actually one of the good guys.

"I think he wants to settle down," Nicky said in a quiet voice as they turned into a large open room that was obviously the games room. "He needs someone to take care of him like he takes care of us. Hey… do you want to play with my x-box?"

"You got one?" Van asked, his interest peeked. He loved playing video games but Dre had always teased him about it so he'd stopped. He wondered if Deaq would mind as much as Dre had.

"Yeah!" Nicky chirped happily. He loved his Master, but it was nice to have some one his own age to "play" with. "Leo… I mean, my Master got me one."

"Cool. I had a playstation but Dre made me get rid of it."

"Who’s Dre?" Nicky asked and put a racing game into the machine.

"He was my Master before Deaq. He and Deaq were brothers."

"Brothers…" Nicky said and handed Van a controller. "That’s kinky… weird, but kinky."

"They'd been estranged for a while. Then Dre got killed and Deaq came to find out who did it. We just sort of fell together." Van took the controller and began racing through the streets of San Francisco. He loved racing games and this one was no exception.

"And he inherited you?" Nicky asked.

"Kind of," Van shrugged. "But not really. I needed someone and he was there for me. Even when I really acted up he never lost his temper with me."

"I know what you mean," Nicky said. "Leo… don’t tell anyone he lets me call him Leo… he likes to be all big, bad and scary… well, anyways… Leo… he barely raises his voice to me… and never hits me… it’s nice."

"Yeah. Deaq, he said he wouldn't do anything I didn't want to. He threatened to gag me once, just in passing and I think I freaked out a bit. He promised he'd never gag me after that. That's why he got so mad when Franklin told Bulldog to do it."

"So you’re the sensitive type to…" Nicky said with wisdom beyond his short years. And then when his car past Van’s on the screen, he let out a loud whoop and yelled out, "I so whipped your ass!"

"No fair," Van yelled back. "You distracted me. And I'm not sensitive. I just had a bad experience with a gag before."

"You’re sensitive," Nicky repeated and pressed restart. "I bet you take everything to heart."

"Well... maybe," Van conceded. The truth was, he *was* sensitive. His own father had said so. Called him a crybaby to Deaq and what did Deaq do, just blew it off like it was nothing. Like it didn't matter, it was just another part of him. Van thought he might have loved his partner a little bit then.

"Sensitive subs are the worst to work with," Nicky said. He recognized part of himself in Van. "It’s hard to find a good Master."

"I don't know where Deaq gets his patience. Any other Master would have taken a whip to me for some of the things I said to him. He just shrugged it off and asked me why I was trying to push his buttons."

"Cause he probably likes a challenge… and your ass," Nicky laughed and then giggled when he passed Van on the virtual road again. "Not that there will be much left after I beat it again!"

"No fair. I haven't played one of these in years," Van griped good-naturedly. He was having fun even if he was getting beaten.

"You’re just a sore loser," Nicky crowed. "Although you’re not bad for an old guy…"

"Just because I'm old enough to shave doesn't make me old," Van laughed. "And if I'm old, your Master's ancient."

"He’s just… experienced," Nicky shot back with a giggle. "At least my Master’s old enough to grow facial hair."

<><><><><><>

"So, Mr. Hayes, how do you propose to prove to me that you have only the best of intentions toward Van?" Franklin asked, eyeing his guest.

"What you want me to make an honest man outta him?" Deaq quipped.

"I want to know that he's safe and well cared for," Franklin replied. "Dre was his Master for a long time. And while I don't like to speak ill of the dead, he wasn't the gentlest of Masters."

Something struck Deaq. "Did Dre have other subs before Van?"

"A few," Franklin said. "Some of them came away a bit worse for wear. He scared one so badly he just took off. Van never seemed to have a problem with him, though. I don't think Dre changed for him, which meant that Van simply... took it. You can see now why I'm rather concerned for his well-being."

"I don’t hit Van," Deaq said stubbornly. "He can’t take it. One he doesn’t like it and two… he’s a little… sensitive."

"You'd be surprised what your boy can take. I've seen him so fucked up from a *session* that he could hardly walk. You're right about him being sensitive, though. The boy takes everything to heart."

"Tell me about it," Deaq sighed, forgetting for a moment he was dealing with an "enemy" for a minute.

"So you understand the problem," Franklin nodded, pleased that Deaq appeared to be a very attentive Master. "The boy needs a firm hand, but a gentle one. He's been broken before. I don't want to see that happen again."

"Van’s not a boy," Deaq snapped. "He’s a grown man who chooses to share what we have and I plan to do right by him. Not like your *boy*… who’s what? Fifteen, sixteen tops…"

"Nicky is nineteen and here of his own free will," Franklin said. "True, I took him in when he was underage but you should have seen what that bastard was doing to him. Kid wouldn't have lasted another month with the jerk. I didn't lay a hand on him until he was legal, Mr. Hayes. I'm not a child molester."

"Then why does he look so young…" Dead challenged, not quite believing Franklin.

"Because he wasn’t fed properly," Franklin said simply. "And despite his quiet nature and small stature, he’s quite… persistent. I usually don’t take on lovers who have been previously trained. I prefer to train them myself… but Nicky was… is… very special and very talented."

"I've seen some of your training methods," Deaq said, motioning with his head toward one of the racks against the far wall.

"What are you talking about?" Franklin looked genuinely confused. "Those are for the patrons."

"According to your dog there, you use 'em to punish your boys every now and then, too," Deaq said. He saw the way Bulldog squirmed and smiled maliciously. That would teach the bastard to try and put his hands on Van.

"Bulldog, what is he talking about?" Franklin shot out in a low, cold tone.

"Nothing, boss," Bulldog lied. He glanced about the room looking for the quickest way out. He knew if Franklin found out what he'd done to that new kid, he'd have his balls for it.

"I don’t call stringing up some boy who’s 14 or 15 up for stealing food nothin’?!" Deaq spat.

"You want to explain that, Bulldog?" Franklin asked, eyeing his man. "Think very carefully now. You know how I feel about liars."

"It was the new kid, Sir," Bulldog blurted out. "I caught him stealing from you, Mr. Franklin, Sir."

"So you strung up a fifteen year old boy?" Franklin spat angrily. "Bulldog... I'm very disappointed in you. You know I don't like these children harmed. Frank, you and Vinnie take him to my office and wait for me. I'll be along shortly."

As the equally big and frightening Frank and Vinnie approached, Bulldog called out, "Mr. Franklin, it wasn’t like that… he was a little slut… he was stealing food… he even offered to suck me off if I let him go…"

"Bulldog, I suggest you stop talking now before you dig yourself in any deeper. Take him out of here, boys, and make sure he stays put."

The other "boys" who both towered over 6 feet and two hundred pounds drug Bulldog and all the way he continued to protest. "I’m very sorry about that, Mr. Hayes," Franklin said. He was highly disturbed by this development and already planning the clean up he’d have to do. There were psychologists to be called for the boy and punishments to be arranged for his employee. "I always try to be careful with my employees. In fact, most of their pych profiles define them as strictly heterosexual before I even consider hiring them."

"Yeah well, your profile's wrong about Bulldog. He's been eyeing Van up since we first came here. Tried to get me to let him borrow Van. I guess Dre must've lent him out a few times and Bulldog assumed I'd do the same. He was wrong."

"Dre lent him out…" Franklin repeated. "Now that was a mistake. Van obviously craves attention, but only the attention of one man. Bulldog is my problem. He will be… dealt with."

"Good," Deaq replied. He knew he shouldn't be glad that Bulldog was in hot water with his boss but he was. The way the man kept eyeing Van set his teeth on edge. He wouldn't put it past the man to try something on, regardless of what Deaq or Van said about it.

"I’ve decided the only way to make sure your intentions with Van are upright is to observe you personally," Franklin said. "I’m going to untie you and you’ll remain a guest in my home until I say otherwise. You may be a better Master than your brother, but that doesn’t make you the best Master for Van. If I decide you aren’t fit, then you’ll be escorted out of the compound when the time comes, Van will not."

"Let me warn you, Mr. Franklin. If you try to separate us and keep Van here you may find yourself with more on your hands than you can handle."

"If Van needs that," Franklin said, "Then that’s what I’m willing to do. Whether that’s to make sure he gets out of the life completely or find him a new Master. He may be a little older, but I see a lot of the same qualities in him as I see in my other boys."

"You keep your hands to yourself or it won't be Van you have to worry about," Deaq warned. It was hard as hell to look intimidating with your hands tied behind your back but he was managing it.

"You don’t have to worry about me," Franklin asked as he approached Deaq with a knife. "I’ve been trying a novel thing called monogamy for the past year or so. Don’t tell Nicky or his head will swell, but I rather like it."

"So Nicky's your only boy right now, huh?" Deaq said conversationally as he rubbed the circulation back into his arms. "I heard you usually keep a whole crib full of boys."

"Yes," Franklin smiled. "I have acquired several underage boys over the years. And you’ll understand, you are not to touch or harass them either."

"So they're just for you?" Deaq challenged. He was still trying to get a handle on Franklin. From what the man was saying he wasn't touching the underage stuff either. Of course, they'd have to confirm that. He wondered how Van was making out with the kid.

"They’re under my protection," Franklin corrected. "I do for them what I intend to do with Van if need be. I intervene in a bad situation and get them what they need to be healthy adults. That means counselling and usually extra schooling to get them caught up. When they reach 18, they’re allowed to make their own minds up. Some end up back in the life… like Nicky, but I’m glad to say most of my boys are in university or the workforce. A few of my older boys are even married and I’m a… grandfather if you will."

"So you take these kids in and rehabilitate them," Deaq said. This was a twist. If what Franklin said was true then he and Van had no business here. He'd check with Van once he got him alone and see what he’d found out. Assuming he was able to get Van alone.

"Yes," Franklin nodded, "But I would like it if you kept it quiet. Some of these boys have rather… relentless former Masters and pimps. I like to keep my activities private."

"No problem," Deaq said. "You think I could see Van now? He gets a little jumpy when we're separated for too long."

"The same with my Nicky," Franklin said and offered his hand to help Deaq off the ground.

Deaq took the offered hand and followed as Franklin led him to another room further back in the establishment. When they entered, Deaq couldn't help but smile. Van and Nicky were glued to the tv, both thoroughly engrossed in a racing game. Around them it looked like a tornado had blown through. A variety of discarded chip bags and empty soda cans littered the area, not to mention candy wrappers. The idea of Van high on a sugar rush made Deaq want to cringe.

"Looks like you boys have been having fun," Franklin called out, making both young men jump.

"Leo!" Nicky beamed and then his smile faltered when he realized the mess around him. "We… we got hungry, Master."

"That's alright. Boys tend to forget things like picking up after themselves. Don't worry about it as long as you clean it up later," Franklin said then turned his attention to Van. "Van, are you feeling better?"

"Oh yeah," Van started to babble as his legs were bouncing up and down and his hands twitching. "Nicky is great, man… although he keeps beating me on the race track… and then he showed me where you keep your stash of snacks… and we went a little wild, but you can blame that on me… I can replace what I took if you want… I had three sodas… a couple… okay make four candy bars… and some chips… and Nicky matched me bar for bar… coke for coke… great kid, did I mention that already?"

"First thing you need to know about the care and feeding of Van," Deaq said shaking his head. "Watch the sugar intake. He can put away more sugar than any three guys I know. Then you have to deal with the sugar rush."

Van sighed and rolled his eyes. "Deaq… it’s not like that… I mean I was having fun with the kid… okay… maybe I was a bad influence… but it’s just a little sugar… I saved you a bar by the way… but it might be a little melted cause it was in my pocket…"

"Don't worry about it, baby," Deaq said as he walked over to sit beside his lover. "I'm not mad. But you know you can't sleep when you've had too much sugar. You never told me you liked video games. What gives?"

"I… I haven’t touched one since Dre took my last system away…" Van’s bubbly mood faltered. "I’ve been acting like a child again, haven’t I? I’m sorry…"

"Van, stop," Deaq said holding up his hand. "There's nothing wrong with acting like a kid sometimes. I like seeing you happy. I ain't Dre, baby. You want a video game, we'll get you one."

"Nicky has an X Box…" Van hedged, exchanging looks with the young man.

"Oh yeah. Got any cool games?"

"Uh huh," Nicky brightened. "We were just playing this racing one… but I have nearly every game they make with this system…"

Franklin was standing back and watching the interaction with interest. He was exactly 22 years older than his young lover and he realized these young men had much more in common with Nicky then he did. In fact, he felt rather protective of both Van and Deaq despite what he had initially thought were his crimes. It was nice to see Nicky "playing" with someone closer to his own age without having to worry about him. Deaq and Van were obviously in love with each other.

"This racing game is pretty cool. And he's got the latest Resident Evil, too," Van said, his enthusiasm showing through again.

"No shit," Deaq said. "I wouldn’t mind a go at that… Van, I wouldn’t mind that chocolate bar you saved for me either."

"Oh here, man," Van said as he handed Deaq the slightly softened chocolate. He cast a worried glance at his lover, obviously wanting to know what had gone down between him and Franklin.

"It’s all good," Deaq said as he unwrapped the bar and took a large bite. But he wasn’t talking about the bar, he was talking about their overall situation.

Van relaxed fractionally, relieved that they didn't have to worry about Franklin. He needed to get his partner alone so he could fill him in on the situation. He was pretty sure that Franklin wasn't abusing the boys he ran through his club now. All he had to do was convince Deaq of that.

"Why don’t I leave you boys to play your games," Franklin said. "I have some business to take care of."

"Oh hey that's cool," Van said, standing up. "Me and Deaq'll just be on our way."

"You might as well continue blowing things up for now," Franklin said. "You’ll both be my guests for awhile."

"Deaq, what's he talking about?" Van asked, not liking this new turn of events.

"We’re just gonna be staying here for a while," Deaq sighed, hoping Van would have one of his temper tantrums now. "Think of it as a vacation, Van."

"And if we don't want to stay?" Van asked.

"That is not a decision I’m willing to let you make right now," Franklin said, using a tone that usually scared the shit out of bottoms.

"You can't keep us here," Van challenged. "You've got no right to interfere with our lives. Deaq isn't hurting me. He's the best thing that happened to me in... in a very long time."

"That remains to be seen," Franklin said. To him, Van was acting like an insolent child. "This is for you own good."

Van started to protest again but a glance from Deaq stopped him. He shut his mouth with an audible snap and turned his back on Franklin. "I told you he wasn't going to like it," Deaq said to Franklin.

"They rarely do," Franklin answered. "But later they all thank me."

"I won't," Van said. "I'm not one of these kids you've pulled out of a bad situation. I'm a grown man and I can make my own choices. I choose Deaq."

"And I’m not taking him away from you," Franklin said patiently. "I just want to make sure he’ll take care of you. And you are still a kid to me, young man and I’m sure you’ve been in more than one bad situation."

Van refused to reply. Instead he sat on the couch, pulling his legs up and wrapping his arms around them. Franklin couldn't make him leave Deaq. He couldn't. Van would rather die than be alone again.

"Case in point," Franklin sighed. "Mr. Hayes, would you please comfort him. I have to deal with Bulldog. If you need it, I already had the staff make up a room for you."

"I think a little time alone together might be good," Deaq said, seizing the opportunity to get Van alone.

"Nicky, show them where the blue room is," Franklin instructed. "And then clean up your mess."

"Yes, Sir," Nicky replied. He watched his Master go then turned to their guests. "Come on. I'll show you where you'll be staying for the time being."

Deaq had to pull Van up from the couch and wrap his arms around his waist to direct him. "We have to do this, Van," his whispered. "Don’t have much choice."

Van nodded and let Deaq usher him out of the room. Nicky led them to an ornate room done entirely in shades of blue. The place was huge with its own entertainment centre. The thing that stood out the most, though, was the huge blue bed in the centre.

"There’s… supplies in the bedside table," Nicky said in a low tone.

Van walked over to the table and pulled open the drawer. He saw lube and a box of condoms sitting inside. Reaching in, he pulled out the condoms and tossed them to Nicky. "We don't need those," he said.

"Exclusive, huh?" Nicky said as he caught the pack.

"One hundred percent," Deaq replied.

"It must be nice having that confidence…" Nicky said, playing with the box in his hand. "Even though Leo had me tested… I don’t want him to catch anything because I was a paid slut once."

"I know what you mean," Van said. "Even though Dre was my last Master, he used to loan me out sometimes. I worry about Deaq catching something from me I don't know I've got but he was pretty insistent."

"Bet he likes barebacking," Nicky said. "Listen… Van… I know you don’t want to be here… either of you. But I just wanted to say… that it’s nice having you here. Even if it’s only for awhile. I can’t really hang out with the other boys, especially the new ones. They just tend to think of me as Leo’s whore and he doesn’t want me exposed to that."

"It's got nothing to do with you," Van said. "It's just... this is my life he's playing with. I'm not cool with that. But listen, any time you want to come and hang out or something, we can do that."

"Yeah… sure," Nicky said, not believing Van’s promise. "I gotta go. But Leo’s not a bad guy. He just doesn’t want to see people hurt like his first lover was hurt."

"Nicky," Van said, stopping the younger man. "I meant what I said. No matter what happens here you and me can still be friends."

"I have to go," Nicky repeated, not meeting Van’s eyes and turned to leave. "Thanks."

Van let him go, not knowing what else to say. He'd make it a point to come back and see the kid. He knew how lonely this lifestyle could be, especially for the younger ones. He'd been there himself once.

"I don’t know if we’re alone," Deaq whispered in Van’s ear when they were close enough. In other words, Deaq wasn’t sure if they were being monitored, so they couldn’t talk openly.

"Right," Van said as he slid his arms around Deaq and rested his head on his partner's shoulder.

Deaq started to pet Van’s hair and kissed his head. "It’ll all work out, baby. I promise. I’ll prove to this guy and you that I can treat ya right."

"You already treat me right," Van said. "You treat me better than anyone ever has before. Even Dre. He... you're so different from him."

"I always tried to be like him," Deaq admitted. "He was always the good one. The responsible one. People were always saying I should be more like him."

"Don't listen to them," Van whispered, tightening his grip. "I mean, he was a good partner and he was my friend but..."

"But he wasn’t perfect," Deaq finished for Van. "And he didn’t treat you like he should’ve. Did he ever tell you he loved you?"

"Loved me?" Van snorted. "Not hardly. According to Dre, guys like me are meant to be fucked, not loved. Besides, he had his old lady. I was just his work partner and sometimes fuck buddy."

"That was his number one mistake," Deaq whispered. "I know we haven’t fucked yet… but I think I’m falling in love with you."

"Deaq..." Van gasped, jerking back to stare at the other man. "You... you mean that?"

"Yeah…" Deaq nodded and grinned at him goofily.

Hesitantly, Van leaned forward, bringing his mouth to Deaq's. He whimpered softly when he felt Deaq's mouth flow open under his own. He could feel himself shaking as his tongue snaked out to tease along Deaq's lips. Nothing had ever been like this before and Van felt himself falling even harder.

Van shivered when he felt Deaq pull away and whisper, "God I want you… but not here, not like this."

"You know... what I told him... that was just for show," Van stammered. "I'd never ask you to bareback. I'd never risk you like that."

"You’re right, you don’t have to ask," Deaq said, "Because I just assumed we would."

"Deaq... you know my past, man," Van said. "Dre didn't always use protection and neither did the guys he gave me to. I've tested clean but we both know that don't mean shit."

"And you think I’m some virgin?" Deaq snorted. "Somethings are just about trust and fate."

"I know you're not a virgin but you're not a bottom either. I'm not willing to risk you."

Deaq leaned in closer and whispered so Van could barely hear him, "I didn’t say I’d never bottom for you."

"Y-y-you'd give me that?" Van stammered, completely floored. Dre would have laughed in his face if he'd even suggested that. Ever so slowly it was beginning to sink in that Deaq was not Dre.

"This isn’t all about the game," Deaq said carefully. "This is about us, as partners."

"Do you think we could maybe lie down on the bed?" Van asked. "This is all just... a bit much all at once, you know?"

"Yeah, I know," Deaq agreed and guided Van to the plush bed. "I’ll take a nap with ya to. That’s if you can sleep with all that sugar in your system."

"Don't care if I sleep. Just want to hold you for a little while." Van climbed onto the bed and made room for Deaq. The bed was big enough to hold four comfortably but they snuggled up in the centre anyway. What Van really wanted to do was love Deaq within an inch of his life but he didn't think his partner would like having an audience.

<><><><><><>

When Deaq had pressed after the first night for them to leave, Franklin had said no. He believed that they were in love, but he wasn’t satisfied that it was a healthy relationship yet. He told them he’d give his verdict after five days. Today was the fifth day and Van was scared. Franklin had been watching them like a hawk. The tense atmosphere finally got to Deaq and he'd cracked, snapping at Van over something stupid he'd done. Franklin hadn't said anything, simply frowned. Now it was judgement time.

"I’ve done some checking into both your pasts," Franklin announced.

"Yeah, so?" Deaq snapped. His own patience was wearing thin. He'd had enough of this shit. If this man thought he was going to take Van away from him he'd better think again.

"You’d better tell your boss to cover her tracks better," Franklin said calmly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Deaq asked, his whole body tightening in anticipation. If they were made there was no way in hell they were getting out. He'd just have to hope he could at least get Van out. Somehow.

"It means I know who you really are, Officer Hayes," Franklin answered.

Deaq didn't think about it. He moved between Franklin and Van as quickly as he could. They were both unarmed, another of Franklin's stipulations, which left them virtually defenceless. Deaq knew there was nothing stopping Franklin from killing him and then going after Van but he had to try.

Franklin remained seated and looked at Deaq with a raised eyebrow. "Is that really necessary, Officer Hayes?"

"Depends on what you’ve got in mind," Deaq replied, still keeping himself between his partner and the threat. "Why don't you let Van head on out of here then me and you can talk?"

"Why don’t you both have a seat?" Franklin shook his head. "Did your file on me say I have a penchant for violence?"

"Nah," Deaq shook his head. "But then again, my file on you said you were a child molester who got his kicks off torturing young boys. So obviously my file on you is wrong. Excuse me all to hell if I don't want to take a chance on Van getting hurt."

Deaq’s over-protectiveness made Franklin smile. "Stand wherever you want. It doesn’t change the fact that I know who you are or what I’m going to do with you."

"And what's that?" Deaq asked.

Franklin steepled his fingers and looked between Van and Deaq. "Nothing."

"Nothing," Deaq repeated, not quite sure he understood.

"Well, perhaps not nothing," Franklin’s grin grew. "Some information here and there might filter your way."

"So you're gonna feed us information," Van spoke up from behind Deaq. "What's in it for you?"

"Well… sometimes my boys get in trouble before they are completely rehabilitated," Franklin said. "I always thought it was funny a minor’s record could be sealed, but the court system could throw the book at young man over the age of eighteen."

"So you feed us info and we get your boys off when they get into trouble." Deaq didn't think it sounded like a bad trade. He knew Billie'd go for it in a heartbeat as long as Franklin made good on his end of the deal. What bothered him was what else Franklin was up to. It was obvious from the Cheshire-cat grin on his face that he wasn't quite finished with them yet.

"That’s pretty much it," Franklin nodded. "That and I’d like you accept a lifetime membership to The Lure and use it."

"That's it? You're just gonna let us go?" Van asked. Like Deaq, he'd been waiting for the other shoe to fall. He still didn't quite trust that they were going to get out without a fight but he wasn't going to complain.

"Yes, but I expect to see you around," Franklin said. "I don’t want a repeat of what happened with Bulldog and my newest boy. Another set of eyes around here would be worth your freedom. And of course, if you ever happened to come around a young man in need of help, I’d expect you’d give me a call. Besides, you both need training and Nicky has grown rather fond of Van."

"You got it," Van said quickly. He didn't want to take a chance on Deaq's temper blowing things now. He knew his partner was still strung tight from everything that had gone down. The sooner they could get the hell out of there, the better.

"This is a good offer," Franklin got up and offered his hand to Van to shake. "I’ll be keeping my eye on you two. You have the potential to make it."

"Thanks," Van said, shaking the offered hand.

A moment later Deaq held out his hand to the other man. "Keep an eye on your dog. You don't want him taking out his anger on one of your boys and he strikes me as the kind of man to do it."

"Oh yes, well my dog has been fixed," Franklin grinned evilly as he shook Deaq’s hand.

Deaq decided the cop in him didn't want to know what that meant. He was just glad that Bulldog was out of the picture. He actually liked that Nicky kid and didn't want to see him get hurt.

"Nicky wants to know if you can come visit some time," Franklin continued.

"Tell him we'll be back in a couple of days," Deaq said. He'd need that long to calm down from all this. Then maybe he'd be able to walk into the club without freaking out.

"Alright," Franklin said. "And he doesn’t know about your… true identities. I want it to stay that way. He already worships the ground Van walks on and I don’t want him following in your tracks. I want him in a nice safe profession."

"That could prove difficult but we'll do what we can," Deaq said. "Van doesn't like to lie to his friends."

"You wouldn’t be lying," Franklin said. "You’re 51% cop and 49% criminal anyways. Born scoundrels, both of you."

"Only sometimes," Van grinned. "Look, tell Nicky I'll see him in a couple of days. I need to get Deaq home before he explodes."

"Have fun, boys," Franklin smiled knowingly. "And play nice."

Deaq didn't say a word the whole way back to Van's place. He just sat in the passenger side of the car and fumed. Van knew it was the adrenaline. Deaq had thought they were dead when their cover was blown. Franklin letting them go had been a rather pleasant surprise. Still, by then the adrenaline had been pumping hard.

Van could feel the tension radiating off of Deaq. He was all too familiar with that feeling and could plainly see the large bulge out-lined in Deaq’s pants. "I can take care of you… do you want me to pull over?"

"No way," Deaq ground out. "I wouldn't touch you tonight for anything in this world."

Van’s hands tightened on the wheel. So that’s how it was going to be. "Where do you want me to drop you off?"

Deaq sighed and scrubbed his hand over his face. If he didn't get his shit together he was going to seriously fuck things up here. "I didn't mean it like that," he said softly. "I'm pissed, baby. And I don't want to touch you when I'm like that. I don't want to hurt you."

"You don’t have to lie to me, Deaq," Van sighed. "I’ll just drop you off at Aquarius’s club, okay?"

"Pull over. Right now!" Deaq ordered hotly. He was not in the mood for this shit. If Van wanted to play games Deaq would have no problem teaching him a new one.

Van pulled the Mustang into the dark and deserted parking lot of a supermarket. He shut the car off and waited.

"Get out of the car and come over to my side," Deaq ordered.

Van did as he was ordered, standing uncertainly next to the passenger’s side of the car. Deaq hadn’t been very specific with his orders and Van wasn’t sure what he wanted.

Deaq let him stand there and wait for a few minutes. Finally, he threw open the passenger door and turned in the seat until he was sitting sideways, his feet firmly planted on the ground and his legs spread wide. He pointed down at the asphalt between his legs and looked up at Van impatiently.

Something clicked off inside of Van. He remembered similar scenes with Dre and now was no different. It was only worse with Deaq because he’d told him such pretty lies. Van glided to his knees and put his arms behind his back, making sure his eyes were downcast.

Deaq reached out and grabbed the collar Van wore. He pulled the other man forward hard, bringing his face up just inches from his own. "You think I was playing when I put this on you?" Deaq demanded hotly.

"It was for a case," Van answered.

"You really believe that?"

"I don’t know what to believe anymore," Van’s voice cracked.

"I love you," Deaq whispered. "And I'd rather take a bullet than hurt you. I'm so wired tonight if I so much as touch you I'm not gonna be able to control myself. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

Van blinked at Deaq and only managed to croak, "Huh?"

"I don't want to hurt you, baby," Deaq said more softly this time.

"But do you need to?" Van asked in a quiet voice.

"Van, don't do this," Deaq pleaded. He was so hard it felt like his cock was going to split open. He wanted nothing more than to shove it down his lover's throat until he came then hold him down and do it again. That was why he didn't dare touch Van right now. He was too close to the edge.

"You want to use me, don’t you?" Van challenged in his soft voice. He could see it in Deaq’s eyes. He’d felt the tension build up in his partner over the past five days. "You’re upset someone threatened to take me away and you want to prove that you still own me."

"Yes, damn it," Deaq snarled. "I want to fuck you every way I can until you can't even move any more."

"Then do it," Van said simply.

"What part of I don't want to hurt you do you not get? I don't want you to look at me and see my asshole brother. Damn it, Van..."

"I’m not worth you tearing yourself up over," Van said.

"You're not worth..." Deaq trailed off. He took a deep, and hopefully calming, breath before speaking again. "I'd give my life for you. You're worth more to me than anything."

"You haven’t known me long enough to feel that way," Van denied. No one had ever loved him that much. His mother hadn’t loved him enough to leave his father. His father hadn’t loved him enough to stop counterfeiting. No woman had loved him enough to stay with him. And Dre… Dre had never loved him.

"You told me back at Franklin's that you were falling in love with me. Was that a lie?"

"No," Van admitted. "But I feel too much."

"What do you mean? How do you feel too much?"

"Get too attached," Van mumbled. "Even you said that when I slept with Cassidy."

"I want you to be attached to me," Deaq told him. "I want you by my side. You got that?"

"You’ll just die on me," Van blurted out. "Just like…"

"I'm not gonna die on you. Not if I can help it. Look, let's just head back to your place. We can talk there."

"Okay, whatever," Van nodded. His head hurt and he was confused.

"Van... baby... don't do this," Deaq pleaded.

Van sat back on his knees and stared up at Deaq. "Tell me what to do," he begged.

The look on Van's face was more than he could take. Deaq cast a quick glance around the parking lot to make sure they were alone. Nobody was in sight and it was unlikely that anyone would come around here at this time of night. Reaching down, he undid the fly of his pants and pulled his hard cock out, hissing as the cool air met his overheated flesh.

"Can I?" Van begged. "Please?" This he knew how to do. This he was familiar with.

"Yeah, baby," Deaq said, spreading his legs a bit wider. "Come and let me feel that sweet mouth of yours on my cock."

"Let me make you feel better," Van said reverently as he moved forwards and started to lick Deaq’s cock.

"Oh yeah," Deaq moaned. He gripped the seat tightly, not trusting himself to bring his hands down to Van's head. He was still strung out and knew his control was thin at best.

The chance of getting caught and Deaq’s thin purchase on control was enough to turn Van rock hard. He slipped Deaq cock into his mouth and started to suck hard.

"Oh yeah, bitch, suck it... all the way down... yeah..." Filthy words flowed from Deaq's mouth as Van worked him over. He wanted to bend his partner over the hood of the car and fuck him then and there. He wanted that claim on Van. Wanted to fill his hot little ass with cum and mark him as owned for good. For now, though, he'd have to settle with his mouth.

Deaq continued to spew a litany of words, Van taking every one in. He opened his mouth wider and sucked harder, hoping to please the other man. He been here too many times to remember… memories started to over lap on the present.

Deaq couldn't stand it anymore. He brought his hands down and fisted them in Van's hair. The other man grunted but Deaq ignored it as he began to pull Van's mouth down onto his cock harder and faster.

Van just let his face get fucked and ignored the rising panic he felt when he couldn’t breathe normally. This was part of it. Letting the other man take control.

Deaq could feel his partner struggling to take him in and it only turned him on more. How dare some asshole try to take Van away from him. Van was HIS. No one was going to change that. When he felt his orgasm begin, Deaq yanked back on Van's head hard, pulling him off his cock completely. Holding it by the base, he pumped jet after jet of thick cum onto Van's face and chest, marking the man with his seed.

Van felt the hot cum hit his face, but he learned long ago to set aside his own dignity for another man’s pleasure. "So sorry, Sir," he started to mumble as he rested his head on Deaq’s thigh. "So sorry… So sorry, Dre…"

Deaq felt like a bucket of ice water had just been dumped on him. Dre. Van had called him Dre. Oh fuck. He thought he was going to be sick. One look at Van and he seriously considered driving them back to Franklin's and telling the man to find Van another Master. One that wouldn't abuse and debase him. With shaking hands, he pulled some tissue from the glove box and began to gently clean his lover's face while trying not to look him in the eyes.

"Do you forgive me now?" Van asked in a soft voice. "Will you spend the night?" Now was the part when his Master would be nice to him.

"I should be asking you that," Deaq said. "I was always going to spend the night. I wouldn't have left you home alone. Van... who am I?"

"My Master," Van answered automatically.

"I got that part, baby. But what's my name?" Deaq pressed.

"Deaq, of course," Van looked at him with his head cocked to the side and mostly lucid eyes.

Deaq breathed a sigh of relief. At least Van wasn't trapped in his head somewhere thinking he was his brother. He wasn't sure if he should tell him that he'd called him Dre. Probably not. Van had been put through enough for one night.

"Can we go home now?" Van said and nuzzled Deaq crotch quickly before tucking him back in. He had the distinct feeling this particular encounter was over. "I’m tired. Maybe we could grab something to eat… Maybe get a movie off the satellite? That’s only if you want to…"

"You sit here," Deaq said as he got out of the car and pointed at the passenger seat. "I'll drive us home. Then we'll order in some take-out and kick back and watch the tv."

Van got up and happily sat in the passenger’s seat, his whole demeanour seemingly changed. "That’s sounds great!" Van beamed. "Oh, and we’ll have to call Billie. But after we order the food… make it something filling… but if it’s pizza, I don’t want anchovies… I don’t care what you say, they’re gross."

"How about Chinese?" Deaq offered as he slid into the driver's seat. He tried to keep the banter light, not wanting Van to sense his mood. "I'll even go pick it up from Ling's if you want."

"Order some beef chow mien," Van said. "Oh and maybe tomorrow… if Billie doesn’t have anything for us. Maybe we could go shopping? You promised you’d take me."

"We're taking a few days off," Deaq said. "Billie's fuck up could have gotten us killed. If she doesn't like it she can take it up with me."

"A few days off sounds nice… but about shopping…" Van hedged none to subtlety.

"I'll take you wherever you want to go. We can even bring Nicky along if you want."

"Oh he’d like that," Van said. "He says ol’ Master Leo gave him a credit card and he wants to burn a hole in it."

"Why don't you give him a call when we get home and set it up while I go pick up dinner?" Deaq suggested. He wanted a little time away from Van to get his head together. He wasn't going to allow a repeat of the parking lot scene.

"I’ll wait until tomorrow," Van said. "I’d rather spend time with you."

"I thought you were tired," Deaq said hopefully. "I can go pick up dinner. Besides, I thought you might like to take a shower or something."

"I could take a shower…" Van said uncertainly, finger his chunky metal necklace. "Listen, Deaq, if this is about Dre’s collar… I can take it off. I was just wearing it for sentimentality…"

"You can wear it as long as you want," Deaq said. "I just... after what I did... I thought you might like some time to clean up and stuff."

"You don’t want to be around me…" Van said in a lost voice.

Ah screw it, Deaq thought. "Tell you what, how about if we skip the Chinese and get a pizza delivered? Then you and I can take a shower together while we're waiting for it."

"Or we could go straight to bed…" Van said in what he hoped was a seductive voice. He hoped that maybe a good fuck would bring Deaq out of his funk.

"Yeah," Deaq gave in. "We could do that, too."

"I’d make you feel better," Van said, somewhat more satisfied. "And then we’ll be able to spend some time together."

Deaq gave up arguing. All he was doing was making Van feel more and more insecure. The best he could do now was give in and hope he could keep himself under control enough not to hurt the other man. He also hoped he could stall Van on their first time. He didn't want it to be when he was so strung out he could barely see straight.

They pulled up to Van’s place and got out of the car. "You need to eat first," Van said. "You hardly ate anything all week."

"Then order us a pizza," Deaq said. "I'm gonna hop in the shower. You can join me if you want to."

"Will you stay here while I order?" Van asked. He didn’t want to let Deaq out of his sight. He’d made that mistake with Dre a few times and the man had the habit to slip out the back door and go home to his "real" family. He knew it was selfish and needy of him, but Van needed to be around his partner.

"Sure," Deaq said. He handed Van the phone and told him to order whatever he wanted on the pizza then began stripping off his clothes. By the time his lover was finished on the phone he was naked and ready to hit the shower.

Van followed Deaq in to the bathroom and after a moment’s consideration he not only took off his clothes, but the metal collar he’d worn since the beginning of his relationship with Dre.

"You don't have to take it off if you don't want to," Deaq said gently. "I understand. It's the only thing you have left of him. I don't begrudge you the collar, Van."

"I guess I’m just as sentimental as Mom…" Van said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Even after she divorced my Dad… slept around on him… and generally called him every name in the book, she never took her wedding ring off. Dre never took his off."

"There's nothing wrong with remembering somebody you lo-cared for," Deaq said. He adjusted the spray in the shower and stepped inside then held the curtain open for Van. "You gonna join me?"

"Do you like my rubber duckies?" Van asked as he stepped into the shower and point at the shower curtain in question. "And I didn’t love Dre the way you think. I mean I feel more for you now than I ever did for him."

"It don't matter," Deaq shrugged. "What you feel is what you feel. And what you felt for Dre doesn't have anything to do with us."

"It may not, but sometimes it feels all mixed up in my head," Van admitted.

"Is that why you called me Dre earlier?" Deaq asked carefully.

"I… I called you Dre?" Van faltered.

"Yeah. When we were in the parking lot," Deaq said as he pulled Van closer to him under the hot spray. "It's okay, baby. I'm not mad at you or anything."

"I don’t wanna be a nutcase," Van whispered and clucked at Deaq. "Well… *more* of a nutcase."

"You're not," Deaq assured him. "You just got a little mixed up. With all the shit that's gone down the last few days I don't blame you. Now come on, it's my turn to take care of you."

"I’ve always taken care of other people… of myself," Van said softly. Of his parents. Of Dre.

"Then it's long past time somebody took care of you." Deaq spoke quietly as he turned Van under the water. He lathered up his hands and began to gently wash his lover's body. He could feel the tension in the other man and decided that it was time to take care of that. Without a word, he slid to his knees in the shower and nuzzled Van's groin.

"Deaq…" Van murmured and had to grab onto the shower wall to keep his knees from buckling.

"Easy, baby. Just let me take care of you," Deaq said then opened his mouth to slip Van's rapidly swelling cock inside. He wrapped his arms around Van's thighs to help hold him up and began to suck hard as he ran his tongue up and down the thick shaft.

Van had been half hard since the scene in the parking lot and he knew it wouldn’t take much. "You’re the only one… the only man…" Van nearly sobbed.

Deaq registered the words and filed them away for later. The only thing that mattered right now was getting Van off. He wanted his lover to know that this thing between them went both ways. Sometimes with Van the best way to tell him something was to show him. Well, Deaq could do that.

Deaq was a force to be reckoned with and was slowly driving Van out of his mind. Van was a babbler by nature. He talked turning sex and hoped his lover’s would accept it, but now he was nearly silent with pleasure. "Deaq… oh gaaaaawwd… I… I… shit…"

Deaq braced his arms against the shower wall when he felt Van tense up. At the first wave of cum filled his mouth he swallowed greedily, wanting everything his lover had to give. He felt Van start to sag and held him up as he swallowed around the cock convulsing in his mouth.

"Deaq… Fuck, I love you… no one’s as good as you…" Van babbled. "I think you sucked my brain out through my cock… do you think… think we could go to sleep now?"

Deaq pulled back but kept his arms firmly locked around van's hips. His lover was sagging badly and Deaq didn't want him to fall over. "Sure thing," he smiled. "We'll take the pizza in the bed with us. How's that?"

"Yeah… sure… pizza," Van repeated with a large yawn. "Whatever you want…"

Somehow Deaq managed to get his wiped out lover dried off and into bed before the pizza arrived. With their dinner in hand, he grabbed a couple of beers and headed upstairs. He felt like he could sleep for a week and knew Van had to be feeling it, too.

When Deaq walked into the room, Van was already sprawled out naked in what normally would have been a wanton pose except for the fact that he was fast asleep.

"Damn," he said, shaking his head. He'd hoped to get some dinner into Van before he crashed. Oh well, they could always heat it back up in the morning. Setting the pizza box down on the dresser, he crawled into bed beside his partner. A few minutes later he was fast asleep as well with Van wrapped safely in his arms.

END