Title: Prison Sentence

Authors: Creed Cascade

Fandom: The Fast and The Furious

Pairing: Dom Torreto/Brian O'Connor, Vince

Rating: R.

Status: new

Archive: If you want it, go ahead. Just knock me upside the head and let me know.

Feedback: creed_cascade@hotmail.com

Other websites: http://insaneasylum.slashfanfiction.com

Disclaimers: I have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. You don't ask where I get these strange plots starring mysteriously familiar characters, and I won't tell you that I make no money, only deliriously happy satisfaction. Very hush-hush.

Notes: Story told from Vince's point of view.

Summary: When love and hate collide.



PRISON SENTENCE
By Creed Cascade


Dom was like a caged animal whose territory had been violated and freedom stifled. In LA he used to rule his family and the underground world of street racing, but now he was trapped. It
wasn't like he was in prison or anything, because if he had been, then he'd be dead now. Dom wouldn't have lasted a month in prison before he'd found a way to get himself killed. He needs control over everything and everyone around him. That's the problem now. he lost control. And one person is now the focus of his rage. Brian Spilner.

Brian showed up on our doorstep one day four months after Dom had arranged to have me smuggled out of the country. I was the one who answered the door. As I stood there leaning on my cane, I wanted to kill the little bastard. But Dom beat me to any action first. As he came up behind, Dom went from a frozen stance to bolting past me. He launched himself on the other man and started to pummel him. I remember smiling and laughing, taunting Brian as Dom laid into him until I released the little shit wasn't fighting back. He just tried to cover his face from the continuous blows, but never once threw a punch to defend himself. I remember I stopped laughing when Brian started bleeding and I ended up yelling for Leon. We had to pull Dom off of Brian and hold him back while Brian just curled in on himself in dirt. That was the first time Dom beat Brian.

It seemed like it took us forever to calm Dom down. When I suggested someone should go check on Spilner, Dom nearly hit me. He said it was his mess and he'd clean it. So he walked back to the man and checked his injuries, ignoring the Brian's flinches. Next thing I knew, Dom was picking up Brian and putting him the car. He came back and told us to go the other safe house because this location had been compromised. We thought he was going to kill Spilner.

But later that night, at our new location, Dom came in carrying Brian who was stitched and bandaged. When we gave him questioning looks, he told us Brian would be staying. We didn't see Brian for the next week or so while he recovered, staying in Dom's room. Dom would bring him food and when he wasn't in there with Brian, he'd lock him in. Then one morning we came down to breakfast and Brian was there cooking, his face still covered with ugly fading bruises, wearing a long sleeved shirt to cover everything else. We never said anything about it.

Brian became a familiar presence in the house over the next week, Dom never far from him. Brian did the cooking and cleaning, never saying very much. Mia was still in LA because Dom decided she was better off without any contact with us. Letty had left Dom shortly after the Feds came down on our asses. Brian filled the void in Dom's life that Mia and Letty had left. Brian took care of Dom.

Brian had been with us for three weeks when it happened for the second time. We'd been working out in the garage when we came into the house a few hours before supper for a beer when we found the house empty and one of the cars gone. Dom tore out of there like a bat out of hell and came back about a half an hour later dragging Brian behind him. Brian was sporting a new set of bruises and spent the next few days locked in Dom's room.

Leon and I went into town to collect the car Brian had taken in his getaway and found it parked at the local supermarket. After asking around, it turned out Brian had been in the supermarket stocking up on supplies when Dom had come tearing inside. He started yelling at Brian accusing him of running away and ended dragging him outside, hitting him right in the parking lot. We picked up some supplies ourselves and didn't say anything.

That was the last time Brian left the house and he couldn't even go outside into the yard without paling. He appeared at breakfast a few days later, bruises still livid and daily life went on without
comment. This was our life for next few months as we laid low and let Brian take the brunt of Dom's anger.

I know what kind of bastard Dom can be. Sometimes people around him can forget that. I saw what that guy he beat almost to death looked like when Dom was done with him. I heard the stories of the things Dom did in prison. And as the days passed, that's what our little "family" started to remind me off. Dom on the run was a different man, more like the man he had been in prison and he was treating Brian like a prison bitch.

We still didn't say anything. You learned not to in our neighbourhood growing up. Everyone knew who beat his wife and kids up, but that was seen as "family business". Leon and I knew Dom was fucking Brian, smacking him around and even putting him down with nasty words, but that was between them.

Brian must have been with us nine months when I finally asked him one simple word, "Why?"

He was sporting a black eye and limping slightly as he moved around doing the dishes. Brian just looked at me and shrugged, asking if I wanted a cup of coffee. I asked him again and this time he said something.

"I love him, Vince. He loves me. He needs me. He's got no one else. since I took Mia and Letty away from him. Beside where am I supposed to go? I don't have any money. Don't have my passport anymore. I have no life to go back to. And this is the way it is between men. that's what he told me.Don't tell Dom I was talking about this. I shouldn't have said anything."

I promised not to say anything and I didn't. Still haven't. We're all in our own prison.


END.