Object

Author: Prodigette

E-mail: LilLita-N-Chyna@webtv.net

Fandom: The League Of Extraordinary....

Rating: PG-13

Pairing: Tom Sawyer/Dorian Gray

Type: Implied slash/Pre-slash

Archive: Yes, please!

Status: Complete

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters.

Summary: Everyone has a fixation

Object
by Prodigette


Tom loved his guns.

He only brought two of his favorites overseas from Mississippi. The rest were in his collection. Most of the guns were gifts from Huck. Allan scoffed at the idea of an American gun, but Tom loved each and every one of them.

Tom also named each gun after men.

When he pointed one of them at a target, it sent chills up his spine. Pressing the trigger gave him goosebumps, and the loud noise of the shot made Tom feel alive.

With an empty rifle in his hand, he polished it using circular motions. Tom slightly stuck his tongue out in total concentration. He continued to polish it with his handkerchief, trying to focus all of his attention on what was in front of him.

Sitting in the meeting room of the Nautilus with a gun didn't phase anyone on the ship, which surprised Tom. Hearing the low ticking of a watch, Tom's heartbeat sped up. He could see a familiar reflection in the long barrel of the silver gun.

Dorian.

Instead of slowing down, or stopping what he was doing, Tom continued polishing. There were times when silence was golden and he wanted it to be this way for a bit longer.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

It was the sound of Dorian's pocket watch. Tom watched Dorian from his pereferial vision. Dorian sat down in the chair across from him and crossed his legs. Leaning back to stare at the much younger man, he kept his boomstick in hand.

Tom rolled his eyes. He put away the first rifle and pulled another handkerchief from his pocket. He was becoming annoyed, but figured that he could ignore the other man. Tom reached for his second rifle and began polishing, but not before glancing at Dorian for a second time.

Dorian still had his boomstick in hand, but his hand was -- moving. Slowing down his polishing, Tom looked up in irritation and curiosity. His teammate was looking straight at him and was stroking the head of his boomstick. Dorian's hand moved up and down slowly, often circling
the head with his thumb. With his eyes growing wide, Tom swallowed and felt his face grow warm.

Dorian looked him up and down, then raised a sculpted eyebrow. A smirk was growing across his face.

"Silly boy. Stick to what you know best." He said, pointing to Tom's lap with his boomstick. Looking down, Tom could see that he was rubbing the rifle up and down suggestively with his handkerchief. He quickly stopped the unconscious move and put the rifle to the side of him.

Getting up from his chair, Dorian gave his teammate a wink. Watching the other man walk away, Tom shook his head with a small smirk of his own.

Europeans did have funny ways.

end