Title: What A Date!

Author: T.R Gardner

Fandom: Emergency

Pairing: Hank/Mike John/Roy (implied) Kel/Joe (implied)

Rating: NC-17

Status: Complete

Archive: I would like this story to be included in the WWOMB.

E-mail address for feedback: bevstwins@earthlink.net

Series: Tales Of An Engineer Universe

Sequel: A Shoulder To Cry On

Disclaimers: Written for fun not profit. The characters are borrowed not owned. All mistakes are my own. No copyright infringements or offense intended

Notes: If the story of two men in a loving and caring relationship upsets you, read something else.

Summary: Mike plans an eventful night for Hank. He gets more than he bargains for.

 

What A Date!

by T.R. Gardner

I look at myself in the mirror for the third time in the last half hour. On my bed are the three other outfits I've tried on. I am wearing a black tux with a white shirt and a gray bow tie with small red fire hydrants, a gift from my girls. I again look at the suits laid out on my bed a blue and black one. Michael had said to dress up for out date. I am still trying to decide what to wear when the door bell rings. I finger comb my hair as I leave the bedroom.

I take a deep breath and open the door to see Mike dressed in a gray tux with a blue shirt and a gray bowtie with small fire engines, which I had given him last Christmas. "Mike you are beautiful. Your were born to wear formal clothes."

"Hank, you look so elegant and handsome."

I invite him into my apartment. I hug him and give him a chaste kiss. Mike looks around noticing that I have very few personal items displayed here.

I rub my hands together and ask, "So what's the plan?"

Mike smiles shyly and with a brief hesitation says, "I thought we could go to the museum gala for the new Egyptian exhibit. Then I have reservations, at Mario's, for 8:00 pm. I thought we could walk on the wharf afterwards. If that's okay with you?"

"That sounds wonderful. I was talking with Roy about the opening last shift. I didn't think I would get to go. Thank you but Mike I insist on paying for dinner since I know what those tickets cost."

Michael reluctantly agrees.

We go out to his truck, which is fire engine red. We hold hands as he drives to the museum. Traffic is pretty heavy so we park in the lot and walk up to the entryway where Michael hands our invitations to the doorman. We are ushered into the main gallery where people are huddled in small clusters drinking champagne, awaiting the opening ceremony.

As we glance around I catch sight of a friendly face. "Mike, there is Johnny and Roy."

Mike glances up and sees his fellow shift mates. "Let's go over and say hello."

Roy smiles when he catches sight of us. "Hi. I can't wait for the gallery to open."

"Yeah, I thought I would have to sedate him before we left the ranch." Johnny says with his lopsided grin.

I stop a waiter and secure two of the fluted glasses and hand one to Mike. Roy is wearing a traditional tux but Johnny is wearing a very narrow breasted black tux with a black Western collarless dress shirt and a single gray pearl stud. His black boots are polished to a high gloss.

"Wow," Mike says, "I've never seen a tux like that before but it is very becoming Johnny."

"Yeah, I've had three offers for dates and one improper request since we arrived. Every time I wander from Roy, he is surrounded by fawning ladies."

"I'm not interested, Jo. Kind of put me off dating for now." Roy blushes.

I hear Mike's name being called and see Dr. Bracket and Early coming towards us, both looking striking in their tuxes. Dixie McCall looks fetching in her red sequined dress.

"Hello Mike, Hank, Johnny, Roy. I love attending galas. This is supposed to be a great show." Dixie beams as she hold an arm of each of her escorts. "My but don't you men look quiet debonair."

"If you will allow me, Miss McCall, you are, by far, the most beautiful lady present." Mike drawls.

Dixie slaps his wrist, "Why thank you kind sir."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, May I have your attention. It is my pleasure to introduce Mr. La Block, the curator of our Egyptian gallery."

"Thank you Mr. Daily. A great deal of time and thought went into this evenings gala. Welcome to the Valley Of The Kings."

A curtain parts and inside are replicas of the Sphinx and Great Pyramid and Ramessum, with its huge statutes. He threw a switch, with a crackle and flash, the lights come up. OH'S and AH'S accompany the flash. Mike and I exchange glances with Roy and Johnny as the smell of ozone and a chemical odor is noted. With shrug we move forward with the crowd. Mike notices a flicker of light behind the Great Pyramid and points it out to me, as the top of the pyramid collapse with a whoosh.

I pull the fire pull and quickly find Mr. La Block. "We have to get everyone out of here."

Mike has pulled the fire hose and begins to douse the pyramid, as the smoke begins to thicken. "Johnny and Roy, help evacuate people."

I ask Mr. Daily, "Why haven't the sprinkler system activated?"

"La Block was afraid that we would destroy the mummies if it started to leak. I told him, we couldn't turn it off but he must have gotten one of the workman to."

All the stragglers were outside, I go to Michael and together, we attempt to hold the beast at bay. We are relieved by two of the men from 273's. Mike and I emerge coughing as the curator begins to berate us. "You have ruined most of the display."

Mike looks at him as if he is a imbecile.

I holler, "You twit, did you have someone shut off the sprinkler system?"

He continued to huff at me as I push Mike towards the Squad where Johnny and Roy are helping Dix, Joe and Kel. Roy has O2 set up for us.

"You were right, Roy, it was like nothing I have ever experienced." I say chuckling.

Joe listens to our chests, "Well, it looks like your are alright. If you notice any shortness of breath, come into Rampart. ASAP."

Mike asks, "Was anyone hurt?"

"We were lucky no one was hurt other than a little smoke inhalation." Dr. Early states.

Captain Wyman approaches me with Mr. Daily. "Thank you for your help. It could have been a lot worse if you hadn't cleared the gallery and contained the fire. We would have had a terrible mess."

I blush and say, "I'm Hank Stanley, Captain of Station 51. This is Mike Stoker, my engineer, Roy Desoto and John Gage, my paramedic, Dr. Joe Early, Dr. Kelly Bracket and Dixie McCall, head nurse of Rampart ER. We are glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Our training took over."

I was jostled as Mr. La Block joins us, "Officer I want these men arrested for destruction of several items of antiquity."

"Captain Wyman, I believe this was a case of arson. There was a flash and an odor of ozone followed by a chemical smell just before the fire started."

"I set up a magnesium flash for special effect. It couldn't have started a fire you cretin." La Block scoffed.

"It would have in combination with a spark of electricity from faulty wiring. Who was the electrician that set this stunt up? Who shut off the Sprinkler System?" I snapped.

"Well, I set up that special effect and Young Brandon, a grounds man shut off the whole sprinkler system."

Everyone looked at him in horror.

"What would have happened if Mike hadn't contained the fire to that room? It could have ran throughout the whole museum. What a twit!" I yell.

Young Brandon, a mentally challenged man, said, "I did what you said. I loaded the chemical like you told me then laid down this asbestos blanket." He proudly holds up a box labeled Abyssinia (a kingdom in Africa) Papyrus scroll.

Mr. Daily had heard enough, "La Block, you are fired for gross neglect and destruction of museum property."

The police officer informed La Block that he would be facing criminal charges and he should be kissing my butt that he not facing manslaughter charges.

Then said, "I suggest you leave."

Johnny asks, "Do you need anything else from us? I would really like to go home and get cleaned up."

The policeman confers with Captain Wyman and says, "You can go. Thanks again to all of you."

Mike looks at him self and then at me, "I think we missed our reservations at Mario's besides we need to clean up. We are closer to my house. What do you say?"

"Let's go, pal" I say as we turn to leave, "we can call for take out."

It takes almost thirty minutes to clear the parking lot. We are quiet on the ride home. I rub Mike's thigh then hold his hand. We hold hands all the way back to his house. As we pull into Mike's driveway there is van parked there.

Mario steps from the van and says, "I believe you missed your reservations and I thought I would assure that you ate."

Mike stares at Mario, looks at me and shrugs. Opening the door with Mario heading for the kitchen.

Mike says, "I think I have some sweats that will fit you. Why don't you use the guest bath while I use mine."

After getting me towels and a washcloth, he hands me the sweats and goes upstairs. Mike comes downstairs with his t-shirt tossed over his shoulder as he dries his hair. I swallow, as my eyes feast upon Mikes broad tanned chest. My eyes follow the downy hair down his chest to the top of his sweatpants.

As Mike pulls his shirt on he heads for the kitchen, "Mario what are you doing here? Don't you have a restaurant to run?"

"I have a special meal for the hero's." Mario says, "I am bringing joy into the lives of two of my favorite people. You have not seen the TV, go turn it on and your dinner will be ready soon."

Mike is flustered and looks at me.

"This is not my doing. You heard the man." I stated.

Mike turns on the TV. and the 9:00 pm news was on.

"Coming up next, four of Los Angeles's off duty firefighters save the Natural History Museum."

Mike looks at me, "How did this happen?"

As the commercial ends, "This is Brandy Wine, of Channel 12 Eyewitness News. Earlier this evening this museum was the sight of a gala opening to highlight the "Valley Of The Kings" exhibit, when a fire broke out. There had been much excitement when in a flash and a crackle the scenery caught fire. On hand were four of L.A County firefighters: Hank Stanley, Mike Stoker, John Gage and Roy DeSoto. Also on hand were three emergency room staff from Rampart Hospital: Dr. Joe Early, Dr. Kelly Bracket and Dixie Mc Call.

A fire started by a curator, who had rigged a special effect that had went sadly wrong. Mr. Matt Daily, executive director of the museum stated, "I shudder to think what would have happened without the knowledge and assistance of Hank Stanley, a caption stating Captain Henry (Hank) Stanley, under a picture of the Station 51's Captain, Mike Stoker, a picture with the caption, Mike Stoker, Fire Fighter Specialist, Engineer, John Gage, a picture displayed with the caption, John Gage Fire Fighter, Paramedic, Roy DeSoto, a picture with the caption Roy DeSoto Fire Fighter, Paramedic. They kept the fire contained and provided medical care. We owe them a great debt. Also not to be forgotten: Dr. Joe Early, Dr. Kelly Bracket and Miss
Dixie McCall."

Damage was contained to the Egyptian gallery with smoke and water damage to two adjoining galleries. The museum will be closed for a week with the Egyptian gallery being closed indefinitely."

Mario beams, as he calls them to eat. An appetizer of New Zealand Green Lip Mussels ( a half dozen steamed mussels in a saffron sauce on pasta. Mike glows in the candle light. Mario quickly clears the plates and presents Insalata Garagana (a salad of vine ripe tomatoes, onion, feta cheese, oregano, olives and a balsamic vinaigrette) served with garlic toast squares and a bottle of champagne. Mario, next serves, two steaming plates of Linguine alla Pescatora (sliced shrimp, scallops, mussels and clams in a tomato sauce with garlic and basil). I have placed two servings of Tiramisu in the refrigerator. Enjoy and the meal is on the house for two of L.A.'s finest. Enjoy the evening."

I'm stunned, "Mario, we can't accept this."

"Nonsense, you are doing me a favor by eating this meal as otherwise it would have gone to waste." Mario chuckles, "I'll give your regards to my brother in law."

"Who is your brother in law?" Mike asked.

"Matt Daily." With that Mario walks out quietly closing the door.

Quiet music plays on the radio as we eat. Mike pushes back from the table.

"I'm stuffed." I say as I stand.

"I'll start some coffee to have with dessert, a little later," Mike says while going into the kitchen. I hear laughter coming from the kitchen. I push open the door and see Mike reading a note. "He didn't even use my tableware. He says to place them in the box and leave them on the porch and he'll pick them up tonight. Under no circumstance are we to do the dishes."

We clear the table and place the dishes in the box and set it outside then relax on the couch. I stretch and place my arm behind Mikes head and draw him towards me. Mike sighs and snuggles against my side. He turns to look into my eyes. I wait a couple minutes then bend down to kiss him. I draw back to watch the flush climb his neck and face. He follows me and kisses me deeply.

His eyes twinkle. I shift sideways on the couch as he lays beside me. "Mike, I um. Um. Love you and want our first time to be special."

Mike lays his head on my chest as we listen to the music. As we relax I hear Mikes breathing even out, with a smile I follow him into sleep. I awaken to someone nibbling my neck. "I was sure there was garlic in that meal." I hear a harrumph from under my left ear.

"Let's go out for a moonlight stroll on the beach." Mike suggested.

We wander slowly down to the surf our arm around each others waist. Mike takes his shoes and socks off and pulls up his sweats to walk in the surf. I watch the joy on his face and feel my heart swell. I follow Mike along the surfs edge. We turn back to the house, leaving our shoes on the rug in front of the sliding glass doors. After locking the doors, we go into the kitchen to feed each other the delicious dessert.

Mike shyly asks me to spend the night.

I smile and tell him, "I'll sleep on the couch."

"No, we are adults. Sleep in bed with me because I need you to hold me." Mike requests.

With a smile I turn out the light. Taking my hand Mike leads me upstairs to his bedroom. I spoon against him and with my nose inches away from his hair, I inhale deeply the clean scent of him. I snuggle closer to the man I love.

I am awakened by the sun coming under the blinds. I watch Mike sleep, noticing that he looks like an angel. His eyelashes caress his cheek. A smile graces his firm plump lips. As Mike snuggles, I feel his morning erection rubbing against my leg. "Mike, Michael, Wake up." I call.

With a groan two sleepy blue eyes peer up at me.

He blushes as he realizes what he is doing.

I smile and caress his erection. I push him onto his back. He smiles at me as he spreads his legs. I lay between his legs bringing our erections together. Our cloth encased cocks rub sensuously together. Our eyes meet and hold as we slowly build the fire of our passion to a crescendo that crashes with us holding each other.

"Good Morning." I say as I kiss him.

Michael radiates contentment as he says, "Good morning, my love."

We get up to clean the sticky mess we've made.

"Baby, I have to go home to get clean clothes. See you at work."

Michael kisses me passionately then says with regret. "See you later."

"Mike, I love you very much."

"Love you too." He says as he closes the door humming.

 

END