Author: © 2001 by krys

disclaimer: I do not own the boys, but if I did, well......

This is a work of fiction.

Title: I Know It's Only Rock 'N Roll.......

Author: krys

rapierwitt@qwest.net

Rating:Slash

Pairing:Roy/Johnny

Fandom: Emergency!

Archive:Yes/on 51aftershift/wwomb/my site only/all other ask

Content Warning:Strong Language. M/M relationship.

Not your thing? Delete Now!

Part: complete

Summary: Ok, this is definetly a pwp! Done just for fun.

 

I KNOW IT'S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL

By Krys

Johnny stretched his long body while yawning. He had been asleep before the music started. He had been putting up with the downstairs neighbor for over a week now.

Now Johnny isn't one for confrontations so he had no idea who was living below him. All he did know was that the person or persons living there liked to play their stereo LOUD. Anytime day or night.

Johnny went in search for his lover, Roy DeSoto. He found him sitting in the livingroom staring at the morning paper.

"Morning." Johnny said softly as he headed for the kitchen.

"We have got to move." Was Roy's response.

"Why?" Johnny questioned.

"That music! That's why. I can't sleep anymore and I have the worlds worse headache" Roy had actual tears of frustration welling up in his eyes.

Johnny took Roy into his arms and held him. "Okay, we'll go house hunting."

"I want a house far from the noise." Roy whispered.

"Well, I would like to be able to have horses so we'll look for a Ranch somewhere. How's that sound?" Johnny really wanted to make his lover of three months happy.

"I hate that music, you know." Roy stated.

Johnny gave a listen to the thumps of the bass and the bangs of the drums. "Roy, I hate to tell you this but you listen to this music whenever I turn on my stereo. Roy, it's only rock 'n roll."

Roy rolled his eyes at his lover. "I know that Johnny. But when you listen to it, I don't have to. You at least will put on your headphones. These people downstairs don't care about their neighbors."

"If you hate it so much, go down there and tell them to turn it down." Johnny only stated the obvious.

"Okay, I will." Roy went into the bedroom and pulled on some jeans, he then grabbed his t-shirt and a cup of coffee. He headed to the door and stood there for a second. He seemed to have come to a decision then he left.

------------

Second Floor of Johnny's Apartment Building
7 a.m. Saturday Morning.

Roy knocked on the door to apartment 204. He waited for the neighbor to answer. He could hear the music better standing outside the door.

Roy moved his body so that he couldn't be seen from the peep hole then he raised his fist and turned it so that he hit the door with the outside of his fist and began a steady pounding on the door.

Suddenly the music shut off and Roy could hear a voice mumbling and telling him to hold on. "God damn neighbors. Always buggin' ya."

The door was pulled open and Roy just stood there with his mouth hanging open. "You! Turn that fucking stereo down! I will call the cops if you don't!" Roy then turned and headed up the stairs and to his apartment on the third floor.

Johnny was waiting when Roy returned. He noticed that the music had not just been turned down, but appeared to have been turned off. "Roy? What's wrong?"

"You are not going to believe who's playing that stereo at all hours." Roy went into the kitchen and warmed the coffee in his cup.He then swallowed some before sitting down in the chair.

"So, ya gonna tell me or leave me guessing?" Johnny's curiosity was piqued now.

Roy still hadn't settled down enough to answer Johnny. He just sat there shaking his head back and forth. "It's unbelievable Johnny. I tell you, it's just too fucking much to believe."

Johnny placed his hand on Roy's chin forcing him to look his lover in the eye. "Who is downstairs Roy?"

"Our music lover is none other than Craig Brice." Roy again started shaking his head and mumbling.

"Brice, the anal retentive super paramedic? That Brice. Roy, no way. Brice doesn't like the Doors and I doubt he even knows who Roger Daltrey is." Johnny too was having a hard time believing.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Johnny went and opened it. Standing there with a sheepish look on his face was the one and only Craig Brice.

"Uh, I just wanted to apologize for the loud music. I just didn't realize that it was that loud." Brice then turned and headed for the stairs. He felt weird going to Johnny's place. He didn't even know that Johnny and Roy were sharing the apartment.

"Okay Brice. Apology accepted. Now, do you want to come in and give me a hand with my friend here?" Johnny was squatting on Roy's right side trying yet again to raise a response from the man.

Roy sat up and shook his head to clear out the cobwebs and then he saw Brice standing by Johnny. He then knew that it was a lost cause.

"Don't tell me, Johnny, I know, it's only rock 'n roll but I like it." I am screwed.

Roy turned and went into the bedroom to lay down.

 

the end