Title: Pending (from "I saw what you did last night" Challenge

Author: Me

Email: ajulie1963@yahoo.com

Fandom: Emergency

Pairing: Pending

Rating: R?

Summary: Don't know; I'm composing at the keyboard

Notes: Please beta read for me

Warnings: First time writing online

Disclaimer: 1) I'm no writer 2) The characters in this story are owned by whatever that studio is..Mark Roman Numeral or something. Used without permission but hoping for blissful ignorance or at least tolerance.

URL: What's that?


Pending (from "I saw what you did last night" Challenge)
by Me


"I saw what you did last night."

John's eyebrow raised, but he didn't turn around. "And what do you think you saw, Kelly?"

Chet leaned forward and whispered so low that John could hardly hear him. "I said, I saw what you did last night." He pronounced each word slowly for emphasis.

Not missing a beat, John continued to polish the chrome of the squad's front grille. 'Okay, he's not going to go away.' "And the significance of that is..?" John still didn't turn around.

Chet sidled closer, glancing around to see if anyone was in earshot. "Last night, out in the parking lot.", he snorted in frustration, unhappy that Gage seemed unperturbed. "Man, it's a good thing I was the only one out there. You could have been arrested, you know?"

Deep sigh. "Okay, Kelly, I'll bite. So, you saw me. Big deal." John's mind wandered back to the evening before. Correction: early this morning. Two am. A smile brushed his lips at the memory. What were their names again? Oh yeah...Mary and Anne. What nice girls they were.

"It was a big deal. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like to party as much as the next guy, but even I know you don't do that stuff out where the wrong people might see you. It's too dangerous." Chet was being serious now, as unusual as that was for him. "You know the department is cracking down on off-duty conduct. Not only could you get arrested, you could get fired. I thought you loved your job."

John stopped polishing and turned to regard his crewmate smugly. "I do love my job, Kelly. I knew I wouldn't get caught."

"What, are you psychic now?"

"No. But, I saw you too. You were hiding behind your van, watching us. So, I knew if anyone came up, you'd let us know. Simple." John watched the blush creep up Chet's neck to his face, the red deepening dramatically. "Actually, I figured you'd eventually join us. Why didn't you?"

Chet grinned widely. "Somebody had to keep an eye out, didn't they?" His grin dissolved into giggles. "I still can't believe you did that..you must have the imprint of your hood emblem on your ass!"He remembered how shocked he'd been at the sight of John, half-naked and perched on the edge of the Rover's hood; the dim lights of the parking lot outside the nightclub had offered little cover.

John shook his head slowly and laughed. "Are you telling me you'd turn down an offer of a double blowjob by two porn stars? Yeah, right. Tell me another one."

Chet gave up baiting Johnny, conceding defeat. "Whatever. Just tell me; how did you talk them into it?"

"I didn't have to. They approached me."

"What? Just..a freebie? No strings?"

John's mouth quirked slightly. "Not exactly. There is one string. Just a little one, though."

"And that is?"

"When we finish this shift, I'm doing them. Payback, you know. It's only fair."

Chet nearly choked on his stifled belly laugh. "Both of them? Together?"

John frowned slightly. "Yeah. So?"

Chet managed to maintain; he didn't want to alert the rest of the shift. This was private. "I can't wait to see Dixie's face."

"What does Dix have to do with this?" John was baffled by Chet's remark.

Chet began to slowly back away. "She's a lady of many talents, but I'd love to see how she manages to splint a broken tongue!" He was still laughing as he headed for the kitchen, leaving John smirking to himself by the squad.

John frowned suddenly. Okay, you can't fracture a tongue, but..how do you treat a sprain?



The End