COPYRIGHT: October 1999 By: Elizabeth Sparrow-Song

THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE UPON ANY PRE-EXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.

THE STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED ARE FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED UPON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCE.

Title: Absence

Author: Elizabeth Sparrow-Song

Email: Elizabethsparrowsong@yahoo.com

Rated: Slash

Pairing: Johnny/Roy

Archive: yes

Content Warning: This story is homoerotic in nature. It is a love story that includes a physical relationship between two men. If this offends you, by all means, take off. If not, enjoy!

 

ABSENCE

By Elizabeth Sparrow-Song

Roy DeSoto tossed and turned in his sleep. This was another in a long series of nights he had slept without comfort or rest. A virulent strain of flu was making it's way through the department and he and Johnny had been filling in for paramedics who had become ill. That meant, of course, they had not shared a single day off in almost two weeks. Roy moaned softly and reached out to the empty space next to him, and finding Johnny's sleeping cat, Smudge. As he opened sleepy blue eyes and realized Johnny wasn't there, he clutched Johnny's pillow to his chest. Johnny's scent still remained on the pillow from the last time he'd slept in their bed. His spicy cologne and his own special essence mingled on the pillow and caused an aching in Roy's groin.

Two days later, they were back on shift together. The two men slipped into the shower room to share a stolen kiss.

"Johnny, I don't know how much longer I can do this," Roy complained. "It seems like it's been a year since I've slept at all and a hell of a lot longer since we've made love.

"I know Babe. I'm hating it too. We'll figure something out. This can't go on forever."

At that moment there was a knock on the door and it opened a crack.

"Ahem. Guys, Cap is ready for roll call," Chet called out and then let the door shut behind him.

The men who worked at Station 51 were all aware of the relationship between Roy and Johnny. They had all participated in their commitment ceremony several years ago. They knew the closeness that the two partners shared and that this separation was difficult for them.

*****

The shift was relatively busy, keeping the paramedics out on calls most of the day. The ride to the incident was an opportunity to hold hands and catch up on events at home. There was an opportunity or two to share kisses in the squad on the way back to the station which only left them frustrated and unfulfilled.

At 2 a.m., the squad was called out on a cardiac call. The man was in full arrest when they arrived and despite their best efforts they were unable to save him. Roy and Johnny left Rampart General Hospital dejected and tired. On the way back to the station, Roy pulled to the side of the road. The streets were nearly deserted at this hour.

"What are you doing now?" Johnny looked at Roy with confusion evident on his face. Roy turned and cupping his hand around the nape of Johnny's neck pulled him into his arms. He kissed his partner with rough, demanding lips, almost bruising as he sucked Johnny's lower lip into his mouth.

Johnny only hesitated for a moment before he began to return the kiss, his tongue entering Roy's mouth tasting him. Roy moaned softly and began to move his hands on the slim body beside him, touching small nipples through the barrier of Johnny's shirt and then running his hand down the outside and up the inside of the pant clad leg. As his hands made contact with Johnny's groin he found him heavy and erect. Nuzzling the tender flesh around the throat and collarbone, he lowered Johnny's zipper, reached into tight boxers and freed his shaft.

"Oh god, Roy!" Johnny cried out as Roy took his length into his hot mouth. With his tongue flat, he licked and teased the underside of Johnny's erection, sucking away the drop of fluid that gathered at the tip. Johnny wound his hands into Roy's hair, urging him to take more.

"That's so good. Take it, swallow me..ah Roy." Johnny sighed as his hips moved involuntarily with the rhythm Roy had established with his mouth. As Johnny's eyes opened slightly he became aware of red and blue lights flashing behind the squad.

Roy quickly straightened up and looked out the side mirrors. "Oh my God, Johnny! It's a cop!"

Johnny began straightening his clothes as Roy grabbed their notebook, logsheets and maps and threw them all in the floor. He was slowly picking them up when the officer knocked on his window.

"You guys alright?" The officer shined his flashlight into the cab of the truck and saw Johnny in the floor picking up little scraps of paper.

"Yeah, yeah. We've just been real busy and I turned the corner and all this shit hit the floor, " Roy explained. "We were just trying to get it picked up and in some kind of order before we got back to the station. You know what it's like havin' a captain chew your ass, right?"

"Don't I know that." The officer turned off his flashlight. "Mean streets guys, just wanted to make sure everything was cool."

"Yeah, it's cool. Hey, thanks for checking on us!" Roy waved as the policeman began walking away.

"No problem." He called back over his shoulder.

"Yeah, no problem," Johnny said, "I was just dick deep down your throat! Jesus, talk about your life flashing before your eyes!"

"Don't I know that," Roy sighed as he started the squad.

Back at the station the two lovers had time for a quick, goodnight kiss and got back into their separate beds.

*****

The next morning, Johnny left for home and Roy stayed covering for the paramedic on B-shift.

Johnny walked into their house and once again noticed how empty it was when Roy wasn't there with him. They had talked several times about how their relationship had become the most important thing in their lives. They had struggled with feelings that neither had understood. Things had finally worked themselves out after Roy's divorce. Both men had embraced their new-found love fully and had never looked back. The physical side of the relationship had remained as fresh and alive as the very first time they'd made love. There had been a lot of learning to please one another after that first time, but that had only added to the fun.

"Practice makes perfect, huh Smudgie." He picked up the cat and sat holding her for a few minutes before he began the chores he had to do around the house.

Johnny purposely worked until he was exhausted. He too was having a horrible time sleeping without Roy beside him. Coming inside, he'd fixed himself a sandwich, showered and went right to bed. "I'll sleep while I get the chance," he thought.

Slept and dreamed.

He was sitting on the side of his bunk, naked. Roy knelt in the floor between his legs. He was kissing him passionately. No one ever, ever had kissed him the way Roy did. He slid his hands up Johnny's thighs, then his arms. Holding his face in his hands, Roy lightly touched his lips to Johnny 's, then harder, nibbling on first the upper then the lower lips. As Johnny sighed with pleasure, Roy entered his mouth. Their tongues touched and tasted one another. As Roy pulled back to catch his breath Johnny noticed the guys were all standing around. Watching! "Oh my god" he thought.

"Here it is Roy," Chet said as he handed Roy a small jar of honey. "I heated it up, just a little."

"Thanks Chet." Roy didn't seem to mind that the guys were there, so Johnny tried not to think about it.

Roy put one finger in the jar of honey and dabbed it on Johnny's nipples. He bent his head and in slow cat like licks, began to lick the honey off. Every few licks, he would pull Johnny's head down for a honey-sweetened kiss. After he had removed the honey from both the right and left nipples, he turned and looked at the others. Mike took one finger and traced it along his neck from ear to collarbone. Roy nodded his head once, and trailed the honey as Mike had described.

He licked the delicate shell of Johnny's ear first, taking the lobe into his mouth for a second and then with feather like licks, began to eat the honey on Johnny's neck. He took a small amount of the sweet stuff and traced it over Johnny's beautiful mouth and sucked his lips until they were clean.

Roy continued his downward move on Johnny's body until they were both panting and Johnny was moaning for release. Roy took Johnny's trembling shaft in his hands and dipped it into the jar of honey. Johnny heard one of the other men suck in his breath with a hiss. As soon as his member was coated with the honey, Roy began tonguing him. He took the head into his mouth and sucked it clean and then began on the underside of Johnny's twitching cock. Long strokes of his tongue followed by feathery kisses. As Johnny's hips began writhing on the bed, Roy cupped him gently and then took him deep into his throat. Johnny could hear the others breathing hard as he wound his fingers into Roy's hair and pumped into his mouth. He could hear his own voice, begging and cajoling Roy to bring him to climax. He knew the others were touching themselves as they watched him and this pushed him over the edge. He called out Roy's name as he exploded into his mouth.

Johnny woke with his shaft in his hand and damp sheets.

"oh shit," was all he could say.

PART THREE

The next morning Roy let himself into the house. Johnny was still sleeping in their bed. Roy lay down beside him and began kissing him awake.

"Hi Babe."

Johnny opened sleepy eyes to look into the brilliant blue eyes of his lover.

"What are you doing here? What's wrong?" Johnny abruptly sat up in the bed and looked at Roy. His partner was in his work uniform, but seemed to be uninjured.

"Nothing's wrong," he soothed. "Dwyer's out in the squad, he's giving us 15 minutes unless we get a call. We're supposed to be on a supply run."

'Dwyer knows?" Johnny looked startled.

"Yeah," Roy smiled, "Dwyer knows. I think maybe he has a secret too. But I did not come over here to talk about Dwyer. Come here to me." He took Johnny into his arms and began to rain kisses over his face and neck.

"Have we got time?" Johnny was breathless with need.

"We'll make time." Roy quickly shed his clothes and lay beside Johnny, taking him back into his arms. They were both hard and ready in seconds. "Johnny boy, I can't wait Babe. It's been too long."

"Too long for me too, but remind me to tell you about my dream." Johnny laughed at the expression on Roy's face.

"You're the only thing I dreaming about right now Johnny." Roy took the lubricant from Johnny's hand and squirted it into his own hands to warm it. While he kissed his lover he rubbed the lube between the cheeks of Johnny's ass and onto his own shaft. "Johnny."

"I'm here, I'm ready for you Babe." Johnny rolled onto his stomach and placed a pillow beneath his pelvis. "Please Roy."

Roy spread Johnny's cheeks and pressed his erection into the tight opening. He tried to enter slowly, but the built up passion between them caused Johnny to push back against him as he pressed into his warmth. Roy growled low in his throat as he found himself sheathed in Johnny's tight warmth. They began to rock together with Johnny stroking his own member in time with Roy's thrusts. In just minutes Roy exploded, spilling hot seed into his lover's body, crying out his lover's name. The rush of sensations caused by Roy's climax and hearing his name shouted in passion pulled Johnny over the edge and they collapsed together.

Roy gathered Johnny up into his arms again and began to kiss him gently as they both savored the moment. Just as Johnny's eyes closed and he started to drift asleep Dwyer knocked at the door.

"Roy! We've got a run!"

Roy jumped out of the bed and ran into the bathroom for a quick clean up and to dress and was out the door. Johnny lay in their bed and smiled.

****

Late the next night as Roy lay alone in their bed again, he heard the key in the door. In just a moment Johnny walked smiling into the bedroom.

"What are you doing here?"

"I told Capt. Hook I wasn't feeling too well." He stripped his clothes off and lay down beside Roy. Roy rolled into Johnny's arms and let his fingers trail across Johnny's flat stomach and into the hair at the apex of his thighs.

"You feel pretty damn good to me." Roy smiled and they slept.

 

The End