COPYRIGHT 07/99, BY: Susanna THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.

THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Title: A New Day

Author: Susanna

Part: Complete

E-mail: ldysusana@earthlink.net

Rated: Slash

Pairing: Johnny/Roy

Archive: Heart Attack

Content Warning: Homoerotic in nature, but not until near the end.

Author's Notes: This story is a little different from what I'm used to writing. I HAVE written erotica before, but mostly in 3rd person and very victorian romance in nature. There is not a lot of dialogue in my story as its mostly told via a flashback image rather than in present time.

 

A New Day

By Susanna

Roy DeSoto slowly began to awaken as the warmth of the sun's rays signifying the start of a new day cast over him. A small moan escaped him as he thought about having to wake up and face another day. He stretched long and hard, pausing and suddenly sitting bolt upright. He looked around in confusion, not exactly sure of where he was. As his morning fog rapidly dissipated, he sighed in relief when he finally recognized his surroundings. A smile lit his features as he remembered the events of last night and how he ended up where he was.

*****

Flashback It was the 3 month anniversary of the final breakup in his 10 year marriage to Joanne, the date the divorce papers were finalized and his marriage was declared over. It had been a hard blow for Roy to deal with the day he came home from work to find Joanne standing in the middle of their living room holding an envelope. She told Roy she couldn't take the pressure of being a fireman's wife anymore. His erratic schedule, the constant dangers and long hours had been too much for her to handle, let alone the added stress of practically raising his two kids by herself. She admitted to him that she had fallen in love with another man and they planned on being married as soon as possible.

Roy's first reaction was shock, then anger when he realized she was taking his kids away. After a long, heated argument, Joanne told him that his kids would always be there for him to visit, she was not going to take that away from him. Joanne pleaded with Roy to accept that she wanted this to be as amiable a divorce as possible. It wasn't until Joanne admitted to Roy that she knew he was in love with someone else, someone who was probably closer to him then they ever were, that Roy finally had broken down and agreed, telling her he only wanted a few items and would clear them out the next day. The rest was hers and the kids. Roy was too shocked that Joanne knew about his secret to say anything. He just stood and stared at her. Joanne told him she had rented a large apartment and they could sell the house and split the money. Roy was too numb at this point to do anything but just agree with her.

When Joanne finally left, Roy wandered aimlessly around remembering everything that had taken place in the small home. All the memories it held. He wasn't sure when, but at some point everything finally sunk in and he sank to his knees, dropped his head into his hands and started crying.

Strong arms gripping his shoulders and lifting him up from the floor finally brought Roy back to reality. Blinking rapidly to clear the tears he turned to look into the concerned face of his best friend and partner, John Gage.

"Johnny? What are you doing here?" Roy asked, struggling to regain his voice and composure.

Sliding an arm around his partner's shoulders, Johnny led Roy to the couch and sat him down. "Joanne called me and said I needed to get over here right away. She said you would need me but didn't say why," Johnny explained. He was dying to ask his partner why, but knew Roy would have to tell him himself.

Roy looked into Johnny's eyes, but quickly turned his head away. He didn't know how to tell him, or how much. He realized he would have to say something, and the sooner the better, otherwise, Johnny would never let up on him until he did.

Roy took in a deep breath and turned back to his friend. "Joanne is filing for divorce," he said quietly.

Johnny struggled to keep the shock from his face, but he couldn't help it. Roy and Joanne had the perfect marriage, he always thought. They'd known each other for years! He wanted to say something, but for the first time in his life, he just didn't know what. He did the only thing he could think of and just gripped Roy's shoulder in a comforting fashion and waited for him to continue.

Roy shut his eyes, trying to hide from the memory of her words. "She said she couldn't take being a fireman's wife anymore. She found someone else and they want to get ma..." Roy's voice cracked as tears threatened to fall once again. He bit down on his lip and turned away from his friend.

Johnny knew there had to be more, but he also knew not to push Roy at this point. He would tell him in his own time. Looking around the room, Johnny made a quick decision. He stood up quickly and pulled Roy to his feet.

"Come on, Pally," he urged, pulling Roy towards the upstairs.

"What?" a confused Roy asked.

"We're gonna pack up some clothes and get you out of here," declared Johnny, still tugging on Roy's arm to get him up the stairs.

Just outside the bedroom, Roy dug his heels in and stopped. "No!"

"No what, Roy?" Johnny turned suddenly and demanded. "No, you don't want to go anywhere cause your gonna sit in this house and brood? Feel sorry for yourself? I'm not gonna let you do that!"

The events of the day washed over Roy and having his best friend yelling at him didn't help matters any. Unintentionally, Roy shoved Johnny against the wall, stormed into the bedroom and flung himself down on the bed. "That's exactly what I want to do. So just leave. Go!" Roy shouted.

Johnny had been stunned when Roy shoved him aside. He glared at his friend laying on the bed, but wasn't going to let that stop him. He walked over to the closet and pulled out Roy's bag and started shoving clothes into it. It wasn't until he walked over to Roy's bureau that he felt his partners eyes boring angry holes into his back. Johnny still didn't stop packing until the bag was full. He then turned and hurled the bag onto his partners stomach.

"Come on, Roy" he said. Roy just tossed the bag onto the floor. Johnny moved and picked it up and set it on the bed next to Roy. "Roy? I said come on," a bit more insistent this time.

Roy just glared at him angrily. "No!"

Johnny sighed and grabbed Roy's arms to pull him up from the bed. "That's the last straw!" Roy thought. He allowed Johnny to pull him up and used his momentum to knock Johnny to the floor. Roy pinned his arms down and yelled into his face. "I said I DIDN'T want to go!" To bring his point home, Roy raised one arm above his head and clenched his hand into a fist so tight his arm was actually shaking.

Johnny looked directly into his partner’s eyes. He saw the anger and fear flashing in them, but he knew his friend wouldn't, couldn't hit him. "Go ahead, Roy. If it will make you feel any better, if it will help get rid of the pain, go ahead and hit me," Johnny told him softly.

Another flash of anger over his partner’s words made Roy raise his hand up high in preparation to strike. But when Roy looked into Johnny's eyes and saw not fear, but something else, something he didn't want to believe. Roy realized he was only trying to help him. It was too much to bear on top of everything else. Roy released him and sat down on the floor next to him and started crying.

Johnny, still not believing that his bluff worked, sat up quickly and looked at Roy. Not knowing what else to do, he gathered Roy into his arms and held him, rocking gently, while Roy cried onto his shoulder. After a time, Roy finally realized that he was wrapped in Johnny's arms and pulled away suddenly. Johnny looked at him, confused. "What's wrong?"

Roy blushed and quickly got up from the floor. "Nothing," Roy replied. He turned away and sat on the edge of the bed. He finally looked at Johnny.

"I'm sorry, Junior. I didn't mean to...I mean I wouldn't of..." Roy stammered.

"I know, Roy. I know." John sat on the other side of the bed, turning to look at Roy, waiting for him to make the next move.

"What am I gonna do Johnny? Where will I go?" Roy pleaded, his voice strained as he struggled to keep from crying again.

Johnny smiled. "You can come stay with me until you get things figured out, partner. I got plenty of room."

Roy turned away as he felt himself blushing. "There's someone else in your life Roy. Someone you are closer to and love more than you ever loved me. Its time they knew it." Joanne's words echoed through his head. No. He couldn't do anything about it. Not now. If he did, he would lose that person and Roy hated to admit it to himself but right now, he needed that person more than he could ever imagine.

"Roy?" Johnny asked. Johnny laughed. "You’re not much company now. What difference will it make?"

A smile tugged at the corners of Roy's mouth. To anyone else it might have looked like a muscle twitch, but Johnny knew better. He clapped his friend on the back and led him out the door and out of the house.

Roy looked despondently at his house before climbing into John's Rover. Neither said a word as John drove off and headed towards his home.

*****

Roy's mood lightened a bit as they turned onto the road leading to the ranch house that John had bought just a few month's before. Roy remembered how excited Johnny was when the two of them drove up the same road right after he closed on the house and got the keys and could begin moving in. Roy's truck had literally been bouncing up and down on its shocks as Johnny squirmed in the seat in excitement.

The two of them, along with the rest of A-shift from the station had a paint party at John's house one weekend right after that and Roy remembered the jokes, the tricks and all the beer and pizza they gang ate while they painted the ranch house. A pang of hurt settled in Roy's heart when he remembered that one of the reasons he was so eager to help Johnny out was because it meant spending more time with his partner.

It was shortly after that Roy began to realize his marriage was having some problems. He knew then he needed to spend his days off with Joanne to try and save it, so he had not been back to Johnny's house since that party.

*****

"Home Sweet Home!" Johnny announced as he pulled into his driveway. Roy sat in the car and just looked around him.

"Well. You can look around if you want," Johnny told him. "I gotta check on Smokey and Bear. I left so fast earlier I didn't have time to water them."

Johnny climbed out of the truck and opened his front door. He turned back to look at Roy for a moment before disappearing around the side of the house and headed for the barn. Roy watched his partner walking away. He sat captivated at the way his partner's long legs strode quickly across the grass.

Roy shook his head to clear those thoughts and opened the door. He sighed heavily and headed for the house. "I hope I'm not making a mistake," he muttered softly.

*****

Over the course of the next 3 months Roy was kept pretty busy on his days off. He moved all of his belonging out of his house and into the spare room at Johnny's. His divorce from Joanne moved quickly and by the time the final papers were in his hands, his house had also been sold. He had attempted to give Joanne 75% of the amount, insisting that it be used for the kids. But Joanne settled on half. Her comment to Roy about her "fiancé" saying they wouldn't need the money really stung him more than he was willing to let on. So he took his half of the money and then put half of that into trust funds for his two kids.

Joanne kept her word and any time Roy had more than one day off, he spent them with his kids. He missed them so much and loved spending every moment with them. Thankfully, he noticed that other than missing him too, they seemed to be adjusting well to the separation. Chris even admitted that his mom's new boyfriend was okay, but he still wouldn't call him Daddy. Roy almost broke down and cried and probably would have if Johnny hadn't come out at that moment with both horses in tow for the kids to ride.

Roy didn't think it was possible, but his relationship with Johnny had gotten stronger too. Roy had a lot of down times during those three months, sometimes he was so depressed he didn't even want to get out of bed. But through it all, Johnny was there. Whether it was just lending his shoulder to cry on, or giving Roy the kick in the pants he needed to get out of bed and face the day, Roy was grateful in more ways than he could ever hope to express. Roy learned that Johnny really did have a very serious side to him, one that he always kept hidden from everyone, but living with him showed that to Roy.

At times it was almost torture for Roy to keep from telling Johnny how he really felt about him. Roy didn't know when it happened, but he realized one day that he was thinking less and less of Joanne and more of Johnny. When they were both at home, Roy always managed to find a way to be resting when Johnny was busy doing heavy work around the barn just so he could watch his partner's movements.

When they were on duty, Roy managed to maintain his professionalism, but countered it in small ways. During calls he always managed to find some small way to touch John on the arm or pat his back, or bump shoulders with him when they were walking side by side.

Johnny began to notice that Roy was more "touchy" than before. He puzzled about it for a bit but then just figured that it was his imagination. He never gave it a second thought, but found himself always waiting for those moments to happen. He didn't understand why, he just knew he felt..loved, whenever Roy happened to bump him, or touch his arm.

Nighttime at work became Roy's favorite time. Every night he would wake up and roll over to face his partner. Roy would just content himself with watching Johnny sleep. It was his quiet time with his thoughts, and his eyes would wander over his partner.

Johnny awoke one night but didn't open his eyes. He felt like someone was watching him and thought maybe the Phantom was setting him up for a prank. Without giving himself away, Johnny cracked his eyelids just enough so he could peek through them. Not seeing anyone standing over him, he moved as if shifting his position in his sleep. Peeking through his almost shut eyes once again, Johnny was surprised to see Roy watching him, his eyes moving up and down his body. Johnny also couldn't mistake the bulge between Roy's legs, outlined clearly through the sheets.

Before he could think of what to do, Roy got up, grabbed his turnout pants and padded quietly towards the bathroom. When Johnny heard the door close, he opened up his eyes and sat up in the bed. He wasn't sure what he just witnessed, but some of the pieces of Roy's movements over the past few months began to fall into place. John was stunned at first, not sure how to respond to what he was thinking it might be. He decided to just wait and see what would happen.

*****

As happens at least once a year, but not often enough for the men of A-Shift, they found themselves with 4 days off between shifts. Their schedule lately had been nothing short of torture and they had a lot more runs than what was the norm. Even the other shifts were complaining about the stupidity of people and some of the stuff they do that result in 3 and 4 alarm fires.

Johnny and Roy had just returned from a long run. A cardiac patient went into v-fib three times before they finally got him to the hospital. Repeated attempts by Dr. Brackett and Dr. Early were unsuccessful in saving the man's life. Even though the two doctors convinced the paramedics there was nothing more that they could have done, Johnny and Roy always hated to lose a patient.

Walking into the kitchen, Johnny flopped down on the couch on one end and Roy joined him on the other. None of the other men said anything to them. They knew how personally the two paramedics took the death of a patient.

Captain Stanley walked in and saw his crew moping around the kitchen. "Well. Considering your all about to have a nice long break, you sure don't seem happy about it." he joked.

"I'm happy," Chet spoke first. "I gotta date with an incredible blonde that I met the other day." Chet was practically drooling over what he had planned.

"What's incredible, Chet," Johnny teased. "Is that she would actually go out with you!"

"Oh Yeah, Gage?" Chet countered. "What or who are you dating on your days off?"

"What are you two up to on your days off," Captain Stanley asked John and Roy before John could retort to Chet's comment.

"Don't really know. Hadn't thought about it," Roy said. He didn't mention to anyone that he was feeling kind of low because it was coming up on 3 months since the divorce. None of the other guys noticed the flicker of sadness that appeared in Roy's eyes, but Johnny caught it.

"Well...I thought I would spend some time with the horses. I feel like I've been neglecting them lately. Thought I'd take Smokey and go for a ride in the hills," John told them.

"Sounds like fun," Mike spoke in his usual quiet manner. "Better than spending the day around the house trying to finish up the chores list my wife has for me."

Hank Stanley groaned in sympathy. "Yeah. I'm sure my list will be a mile long."

Marco laughed at them. "I'm just gonna relax and visit with my family," he gloated.

As A-shift joked, the members of B-shift began to arrive. As their counterparts showed up, A-shift headed for home. As usual, Roy and Johnny's replacements came last so they were the last ones to leave.

As they changed in the locker room, neither said a word, but Johnny caught Roy stealing glances at him whenever Johnny has his back turned to him, or at his reflection in the mirror. A nervous feeling began to settle in his stomach. He decided that it was time to discover what was up with Roy.

*****

By the time the two got back home, they both had a mound of mail and chores around the house to get done. Since Johnny had to take care of the horses, Roy volunteered to clean up the house. His was the easy task since they hadn't been home for a few days. When he finished, he made up some ice tea and walked out to the barn with two filled glasses.

He stopped just inside the door to watch Johnny at work. He had taken his shirt off in the heat and Roy watched the muscles on his back flex and move as he mucked out the stalls and threw down some fresh hay. Roy caught his breath at the sight of Johnny's sweat soaked torso.

Johnny turned at that moment and Roy quickly brought a glass up to his lips to take a drink.

"One of those for me, partner?" John asked, giving his friend his trademark lopsided grin.

Roy handed him the glass and watched him down it quickly. Roy was riveted to watching the drops of sweat and water running down Johnny's throat. Realizing he was staring, Roy blushed and looked away and he started walking over to Bear's stall.

Johnny had seen Roy staring at him and decided to do a little prodding to see if he could get Roy to open up a bit. He walked quietly up behind Roy and touched his shoulder.

Roy jumped and spun around. "Jeesh, Johnny you scared the hell out of me. You walk like an Indian, you know that!" Roy exclaimed. He then started laughing when he realized what he said.

"Yeah...well, " Johnny grinned and moved around his partner to finish up the work. "Uhmm..Roy? Is there something bothering you?"

"No. Why would you ask that?" Roy questioned with a puzzled look.

Raking hay into the stalls, John glanced at Roy as he kept working. "I don't know. You just seem to be...distracted lately."

Roy froze where he was standing, praying that his partner wasn't going to say he noticed the looks Roy had been giving him.

Seeing that Roy wasn't going to comment, Johnny continued. "It's only been like the past few days that I've really noticed it though."

Roy swallowed another gulp of ice tea before answering. "Yeah, well. Its just that its been 3 months since...I guess I've been thinking a lot about it," he stammered out.

Johnny stopped working and leaned on the rake to look at his partner. He could see how uncomfortable he was. "What else Roy?"

"Nothing!" Roy answered a bit too loud and fast. He cleared his throat. "Nothing."

"Roy?"

Roy turned his back on his partner. "Its nothing Johnny. Its my problem to deal with. There is nothing you can do."

Johnny walked in front of Roy and forced him to look at him. "Roy. I want to help you get through this, but I can't if you don't open up to me. I need to know what's wrong."

Roy didn't answer. He just gazed into his partners brown eyes. He didn't realize that his own eyes were betraying the thoughts running behind them. He couldn't help himself. John's eyes were the mirror to his soul. Everything he was feeling was reflected in his eyes and Roy loved to look into his eyes.

Johnny noticed the change in Roy's blue eyes and knew his suspicions were confirmed. But he needed to hear Roy say the words. He had to be sure. "Roy. Whatever it is, it can't be all that bad. I think after living with you for 3 months I would know if something tragic was happening in your life."

"Would you Johnny?" Roy's voice was almost a whisper. "What would you say if I told you I was fighting this problem for a long time. From the first day I saw you he thought to himself.

Johnny laid a hand on Roy's shoulder. "Then its time to face the problem and solve it, partner. Whatever it takes to fix it, do it."

"Its not that simple John. You have no idea what it is. You'll hate me for it," Roy replied looking down to the ground.

"Roy!" John admonished him. "I could never hate you. You’re my best friend and partner." John decided to take the first step. "I...I love you Roy," he whispered.

Roy's head snapped up at John's words. "You what?" he exclaimed.

"You heard me, Roy."

"Like a brother you meant, right?" Roy questioned.

Johnny shook his head. "No Roy. I love you."

Johnny walked up to Roy and brushed a light kiss on Roy's cheek. Roy felt himself blushing at the touch of John's lips to his cheek. Something took over in him. He couldn't stop himself. He turned his head and leaned forward to claim Johnny's lips in a tender kiss. Roy was hesitant at first, not sure of how Johnny would respond. He was expecting contact to be broken any second.

His hesitation and fear turned to surprise and delight when he felt Johnny returning his kiss. It too was light at first, but both became more hungry with their kisses as they felt the other responding.

Roy stepped closer to Johnny and wrapped his arms around him, drawing him closer. Johnny moved a bit so that his leg was rubbing against Roy's hardening organ straining against his jeans. Roy moaned at the feeling and Johnny took advantage of that to run his tongue along Roy's teeth, gently seeking permission to enter his mouth. Roy's tongue responded by entwining with Johnny's and bringing both back into his mouth. Johnny ran his tongue along the top of Roy's mouth, causing him to squirm and moan.

Roy broke the kiss when he realized he had pushed Johnny back up against the barn wall. He pulled back and looked deep into his partner's brown eyes. They both were gasping for air. Roy blushed and stepped away. "I'm sorry Johnny," he muttered.

Johnny reached out and placed his open palm on Roy's chest. He could feel his partner's heart beating wildly and in time with his own. "Sorry?" he asked somewhat dazedly.

"I don't know what came over me," Roy pleaded with John to understand. "I never...I mean I'm not..."Roy threw up his hands in frustration and walked away. "I don't know what I mean."

Johnny watched his best friend pace around in frustration. Roy finally sat down on a hay bale and put his head into his hands. He walked over and sat down next to him. "Roy?"

Roy didn't answer him, but John heard him sniffle.

"Roy, talk to me!" Johnny begged.

"I can't," Roy whispered.

"Why not?"

"I just can't, okay?"

"Because of what happened?" Johnny wondered.

Roy sat up straight and glared at Johnny. "What happened? I just kissed my best friend and partner and all you can say is that?"

Johnny opened his mouth to reply but Roy cut him off. "No! Its not right! I don't care what you or Joanne say."

"Joanne?" a puzzled Johnny asked.

Roy's shoulders slumped in resignation. Might as well get it all out in the open right now. Roy thought. He found he couldn't face his friend though.

"Joanne didn't just leave me because of my job. She said she knew that I was in love with someone else and that I needed to tell that person," Roy admitted.

Johnny sat in silence, his thoughts in a turmoil. It didn't register right away and he was wracking his brain trying to think of who Roy could be referring to. He was running through all the nurses he knew at Rampart thinking it had to be one of them.

Roy finally looked at his partner and saw the confusion on his face. He realized Johnny still didn't understand. Roy placed his hand on Johnny's shoulder to get his attention. When Johnny turned, Roy moved his hand to caress his cheek. "Its you, Junior."

Johnny couldn't believe what he was hearing. His suspicions had been right and now he didn't know how to react. He sat for a few moments, his brain racing with ideas. It wasn't until Roy started speaking again that Johnny realized how long he had been quiet.

"and I know how much you’re always chasing women so I wasn't sure. I had to keep my feelings deep inside," he heard Roy finish.

"What?" John asked dumbfounded.

Roy looked at Johnny sadly. "I don't want to hurt you Johnny. I...I love you too much to do that. I don't want you to hate me for what I am, or what I think I am. I'll understand if you don't want to be my partner anymore," Roy's voice cracked with unshed tears.

Johnny turned to look at him when he heard the pain in his voice. It was time for Johnny to be truthful. He reached over and grabbed one of Roy's hands and held it tight. "Roy? When I said I loved you earlier, I didn't mean I loved you as a brother."

Roy pulled his hand free. They both stared at each other for a long time trying to read what the other was thinking in their eyes. At the same time, they both realized that they shared their feelings of love. Before he knew it, Roy had leaned over and brushed a kiss across Johnny's lips once again. Johnny returned it immediately and leaned in to deepen this kiss.

Roy laid his hand on Johnny's shoulder and in a gentle caressing movement, slid his hand down his sweat soaked chest. His fingertips traced patterns across Johnny's chest and he could feel him tremble in excitement. Roy's thumb lightly brushed against the nub of one of Johnny's nipples and he smiled when Johnny's moaned.

Roy continued to caress John's torso while gently pushing him down into the pile of hay behind them. Johnny moved his hands to the buttons of Roy's shirt, but Roy took both of Johnny's hands in his and held him away. He had been fantasizing too long about this moment to have it changed in any way.

Roy's lips left Johnny's and he trailed kisses from his chin, down his throat and shoulder. He began blazing a path of kisses around Johnny's chest. Roy could taste the saltiness in John's sweat and he got more excited as Johnny began to moan and squirm underneath him.

"Oh, God Roy!" Johnny moaned breathlessly. He never realized having another man do this to him would feel so good. Johnny ached to take Roy into his arms and return the love he was getting, but Roy kept pushing his hands away. Johnny could feel his painfully hardened member straining to be released from its confines.

Johnny could feel Roy smiling as he continued to kiss his chest. As Roy's lips encircled one of the nipples Johnny moaned again. When Roy flicked the end of the nub with his tongue, Johnny's back arched into the air. "Roy! PLEASE!" Johnny yelled.

Roy knew what Johnny wanted. He had kept his eye on the bulging movement in Johnny's jeans. Roy casually caressed Johnny's abdomen and stop to rest lightly against the buckle of his jeans.

"Roy!, Now! Do it, please!" Johnny begged.

Roy looked into Johnny's eyes and saw that his pupils were dilated and his gaze was aimless. He knew he was nearing the end. Roy undid the buckle on John's pants and slowly unzipped the zipper, gently caressing John's organ through the material as he slid the zipper over it.

Roy shifted position and trailed kisses down Johnny's abdomen. Johnny almost lost it when Roy darted his tongue inside the well of his belly button. Barely conscious of where Roy's hands were, Johnny's hips moved seemingly on their own when Roy slid his hands around the inside of the waistband of his jeans and began pushing the jeans off Johnny's slender hips.

Teasingly, Roy slowly pushed the jeans down. Johnny was moaning non-stop now and wiggled his hips in an effort to get his jeans off his organ. Roy suddenly pulled both his jeans and boxers down and Johnny's cock sprung free. Roy pulled the jeans down to his knees and bent over to trail kisses and little nips up the inside of Johnny's thighs.

"OH DAMN!" Johnny moaned when Roy finally gripped his cock in his hand. He starting gyrating his hips in time with Roy's hand moving up and down his shaft. Johnny's thin grasp on reality went over the edge when Roy lowered his head down and slid his tongue along the vein on the underside of John's cock. Roy's hand cupped Johnny's sac and caressed it gently, one finger moving to gently probe around the entrance underneath them.

Johnny's hands grabbed Roy's head and he began moving his hips up and down faster. Roy moved to the tip of John's cock and flicked his tongue over the end of it, tasting the sweet juices that were beginning to drip. "Damn! Roy!" Johnny moaned breathlessly as Roy began to take Johnny's cock into his mouth. He moved with Johnny's hips, slowly taking in more of John's length into his throat.

Roy began sucking and swishing his tongue around the organ in his mouth when he felt Johnny's sac begin to tremble. Johnny threw his head back into the hay and raised his hips up high, shoving his straining cock as far into Roy’s throat as he could. Roy eagerly accepted it and worked with the movements of Johnny’s hips to move quickly up and down the shaft.

Roy took the whole cock into his throat when he felt Johnny stiffen and arch his back and released his load into Roy’s throat. "OH DAMN!!" Johnny breathed heavily.

Johnny fell back into the hay, exhausted and numb. He was barely aware of Roy cleaning off his now limp organ and sliding up to lay next to him. His only thought was to get his heartbeat and breathing back under control.

Roy turned on his side and propped his head up with his hand. His other hand lay on John’s chest and he could feel his heart pounding under his hand. Johnny closed his eyes as he finally got himself pulled together again, only to open them when he felt Roy’s hand softly smoothing back strands of his sweat soaked hair off his forehead.

Johnny turned to face his partner. Roy’s face was flushed and he was staring at his friend. Johnny could see the uncertainty of how he would react shining in those eyes. A heaviness weighed in his heart when he saw tears starting to pool in Roy’s eyes. One escaped and rolled down Roy’s cheek. Johnny reached over and gently brushed it away.

"Its okay, Roy," John said assuredly.

"Is it?’ Roy hesitantly asked. "Is it normal for a man to love another man so much that it drives him to distraction?"

Johnny smiled at Roy who felt his heart leap. He was so used to seeing Johnny’s usual lopsided grin, that those few rare moments when he witnessed Johnny’s sincere and loving smile set his heart racing.

"Roy?" John began. "My grandfather told me a story once about two warriors. They were the bravest, most fierce warriors my people had. Every member of the tribe looked up to them, the kids all wanted to be like them when they grew up. The two did everything together."

"Sounds a bit like us?" Roy teased.

Johnny chuckled. "Well, not quite. We don’t go around scalping people."

"Ouch!" Roy replied. He lay his head down on his arm, his hand still casually brushing through Johnny’s thick hair. "So what happened to them?"

"Well. One day, the warriors were getting ready for a raid and these two took off by themselves. No one really gave it a second though because many of them went off on their own to pray to the Spirits before an attack. But one of the tribal elders was confused as to why they went together." John explained, closing his eyes and arching his head back at bit as Roy’s fingers brushed through his hair.

Swallowing hard to keep his composure, Johnny continued. "Anyway, the elder followed the two into the forest. He came across them at a river. They were both standing in it shedding their clothes. He thought they were just going to take a bath and was turning to leave when the two stepped close together and started kissing each other. The tribal elder watched them. He was horrified at first, but as he watched them, he realized something."

"What was that?" Roy wondered.

"That the two held a love for each other that was unlike any he had ever seen between a man and a woman. They knew each other so well that they moved together like they were parts of the same person. Even though these two were the best of the best of the fighters in the tribe, they really loved each other. They were true soulmates." Johnny turned onto his side to face Roy when he finished. He was so close to Roy now, he could practically feel his breath across his chest. Roy was looking thoughtfully at his friend.

"Why did your grandfather tell you that story?" Roy asked, leaning over to gently kiss Johnny's eyelids and the bridge of his nose.

Johnny sighed. "One day, when I was around 16, my best friend and I were walking in the woods looking for some stray horses that ran away from his ranch. We were sitting down on some rocks taking a break when my friend suddenly leaned over and kissed me. I didn’t know how to react or why he did it. He told me he had been watching me for a long time and thought he was in love with me and did I feel the same. I was so shocked that I ran from him and kept running until I got home."

Roy ran his hand along John’s arm and rested it lightly on John’s still naked hip. "Then what?"

Johnny laid his hand over Roy’s on his hip and slowly ran his hand up Roy’s arm. "My folks were out for the day and my grandfather was over. He saw how upset I was and made me tell him what happened. I was more confused than anything and I so badly wanted to tell my grandfather that I wasn’t scared because of what my friend did. I was scared because I liked how I felt when he kissed me and I thought it was wrong."

Roy’s hand began to caress Johnny’s hip, his fingers slightly squeezing the cheeks of his rear. Johnny squirmed slightly at the sensation that coursed through him at Roy’s touch. "Did you tell your grandfather?" asked Roy.

Johnny had closed his eyes, lost in the feel of Roy’s touch and didn’t hear him the first time. "Johnny?" Roy’s soft voice cut through his haze.

"Hmmm?" John opened his eyes to look at his friend.

"I asked you if you told your grandfather?" Roy smiled, seeing how his partner was reacting to his ministrations.

"I didn’t have to." John explained. "Somehow my grandfather knew what I was feeling. He just looked me in the eye and said that one day I would find the other half of my soul. And whether it was a woman or a man I shouldn’t let the influences of the world make my decisions for me. That true love only comes once and if you’re truly ready for it, you’ll overlook where the love is coming from and just accept it."

Roy looked deep into Johnny’s eyes. He was almost afraid to ask the question burning in his heart; he wasn’t sure he really heard what Johnny had just said. His heart was pounding in his chest as he built up the nerve to ask that question. But he never had to.

Johnny leaned closer to Roy and brought his hand up to caress Roy’s cheeks. "Roy? You’re the other half of my heart," Johnny told him, then leaned in to kiss him.

Roy’s brain was still trying to register what Johnny had just told him, so his body didn’t immediately react to the kisses. It wasn’t until Johnny broke the kiss and looked amusedly into his partner’s, now lovers eyes that Roy realized what Johnny had been doing. He saw the smirk on Johnny’s face. ‘What?" he wondered.

Johnny’s fingers began to unbutton Roy’s shirt and pull it out of his pants. "You have entirely too much clothing on for this hot day," Johnny teased.

Roy chuckled and moved to sit up and shed his clothes. His eyes didn’t overlook Johnny’s once again hardening cock and when Roy moved to slide his jeans off, he took the opportunity to grasp Johnny’s cock in his hand.

Johnny pulled him back down and slid his own hand down Roy’s chest, following his fingers with his lips. Roy moaned when Johnny’s lips found one of his nipples and played with it. Roy’s hand continued to stroke Johnny’s organ. Johnny noticed that the more he flicked his tongue across Roy’s nipples, the harder his erection became.

Johnny moved in so close to Roy, their bodies were almost melding into one. He removed Roy’s hand from his cock and took both of them into his own hand. He began stroking both of them together. Both men moaned simultaneously at the electricity that flashed through their bodies from the sensation of their two cocks rubbing against each other.

Roy’s hand covered Johnny’s and the two of them stroked together. Both men yelled out when they exploded at the same time, spurting their loads out onto each other. Johnny continued to stroke both cocks, milking each one until they were done.

Roy lay back in the hay and Johnny collapsed across his chest. They both lay quietly, exhausted and spent. After several moments, Roy wrapped his arms around Johnny and hugged him tight.

"Junior, I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for a shower."

Johnny looked up with a mischievous grin on his face. "What?" Roy asked cautiously.

"Care to share a shower?" suggested Johnny.

Roy laughed and pushed his friend off him. He stood up and began to get dressed. Johnny watched his friend get dressed, smiling at the glow that covered Roy from head to foot. Roy caught his partner watching him and blushed. He picked up Johnny’s clothes and threw them at him. "Gonna sit there all day, Junior? I’m sure the horses would rather not look at your skinny butt the rest of the day."

Johnny stretched out on the hay. "You got somewhere better in mind?"

Roy glared at Johnny, but then started to laugh. He couldn’t get mad at him. His long hidden dreams finally became a reality and he wasn’t sure he was ready to believe it. "Maybe" Roy hinted and sauntered off towards the house.

Johnny watched him walk across the yard and go inside. He sat for a few moments thinking again of his grandfather’s words. "You were right grandfather. I have found my soulmate and he was right under my nose all the time." Johnny finally got up and got dressed. He quickly fed the horses and shut down the barn for the night. The sun was just beginning to set when he walked into the kitchen.

Roy sat at the table and had dinner all laid out for them both. Johnny grinned and sat down next to his friend. They ate dinner in silence, but both couldn’t help stealing glances at each other and they kept finding excuses to brush their hands against each other.

Roy stood up to remove the dishes when Johnny stopped him. He took Roy by the hand and led him to the bathroom. Together, they quickly shed their clothes and stepped into the shower. Roy washed Johnny, massaging his body as his hands roamed over him. Johnny turned his back to Roy as he began to wash his hair. Roy raised his hands to Johnny’s hair and took over washing it for him. Roy stepped close to Johnny and reach around him to run his soaped hands over his chest and abdomen. His hand circled Johnny’s cock and he washed the organ.

Johnny leaned back onto Roy and could feel his growing erection rubbing against his rear. Wiggling his hips a bit, he felt Roy’s cock gently slip between the folds in his cheeks, sliding in easily because of the soap. Roy moaned when he felt the heat from Johnny’s rear and gently began to slide his cock inside. Johnny suck his breath in sharply at the sensation of being filled and slowly moved back against Roy, taking more of his cock inside.

Roy began to slowly thrust his hips as he felt the muscles inside Johnny contract and pull him in deeper. He moaned when his whole cock finally slid inside. The urgency of his painfully hardened erection drove Roy to thrust harder and harder into Johnny.

Johnny leaned forward and braced himself against the wall. "OH GOD!" Harder Roy!" he begged. Roy reached one hand around and encircled Johnny’s enflamed member and stroked it rapidly. A few strokes brought Johnny to his climax. Roy then grabbed Johnny’s hips and pulled him back against him as he shoved his cock in hard one last time and released his load deep inside.

Johnny gasped and leaned forward, bracing his forehead against his hand on the wall. Roy leaned against Johnny’s back, both men panting heavily, letting the warm water from the shower cascade down over them. Roy finally stepped away from Johnny and shut the water off. Stepping out of the shower he quickly wrapped a big towel around his hips.

Johnny had finally straightened up and turned to find Roy offering him the other towel. He stepped out of the shower and reached for the towel. Roy moved the towel away and grinned when Johnny shot him a puzzled look. Roy moved closer to Johnny and wrapped the towel around his hips himself. When he moved to bring the two ends together, he tugged on the towel and drew Johnny closer to him. Johnny glanced up to see what was up when Roy suddenly leaned towards him and claimed his lips in a fierce kiss.

Johnny was surprised by the suddenness of Roy’s movements, but the sensation of Roy’s soft lips and probing tongue quickly pushed those thoughts away. Roy released the towel to wrap his arms around Johnny and pull him closer. Johnny made on brief attempt to clutch at the towel as it slipped off his hips, but Roy’s hungry kisses were leaving him breathless and not thinking clearly.

The ache in his lungs for air finally caused Roy to break the kiss. He pulled back and gazed into Johnny’s dark brown eyes. Neither had to say a word to the other. They both could see the love they held for the other reflected in their eyes.

Johnny took Roy’s hand and led him to his bedroom. Roy hesitated at the door, watching while Johnny slipped into bed. "What’s wrong?" Johnny questioned.

Roy looked Johnny stretched out on the bed. The rays of the setting sun cast a golden glow across his tanned body. Roy felt his arms aching to take this man into them and show him how much he loved him. He locked eyes with Johnny and saw the question in them. Roy walked over to the bed and gazed down at his best friend and partner.

Johnny looked up at him quizzically. "What’s wrong, Roy?"

Roy let his gaze travel down his partner’s body. Johnny squirmed a bit under the intensity of the gaze wondering what his partner was looking at. Roy suddenly smiled at Johnny and removed the towel from his hips. Letting it fall to the floor, he climbed into bed laying close to Johnny. He raised his hand up and brushed the damp hair from Johnny’s forehead, letting his fingers slide back through its thickness. Roy let his hand trail around the back of Johnny’s head and brought it around, dancing his fingertips lightly across his collarbone. Roy cupped Johnny’s cheek in his hand and lightly brushed his thumb across Johnny’s lips.

Johnny leaned into Roy’s caress, closing his eyes as Roy’s hand moved casually around his face. Johnny trembled a bit, his body taut with longing and excitement waiting to feel where Roy’s hand would land next. He jumped when he felt Roy’s lips brush against his, tenderly kissing his lips. Johnny responded back and the two began to casually explore each other, first with their hands, followed by trails of kisses.

Johnny took the lead this time and brought Roy to an explosive climax, with his tongue caressing the length of Roy’s shaft until he was spent. Johnny’s own release came shortly after, thanks to Roy’s masterful hands.

Johnny moved to lay next to Roy, his head pillowed on his chest. Roy wrapped one arm around Johnny’s shoulders and held him tightly. He pulled the covers over them both and they settled closer together.

"What is it?" Johnny muttered in response to Roy’s sigh.

Roy brought his hand up and brushed it through Johnny’s thick locks. "I just was thinking that I never thought dreams could come true or that they could come true better than what you dreamed them to be."

Johnny chuckled. "Roy…that sounds like something I would say."

Roy smiled. "Sorry. I couldn’t think of any other way of saying it." Roy hesitated. "Johnny?"

"Hmmm?" Johnny sleepily responded.

"Do you…I mean are you…uhm are you okay with all this?" Roy mumbled.

Johnny answered by snuggling closer to Roy, feathering light kisses on Roy's chest.

"I guess that means yes," Roy sighed lightly. He lay awake enjoying the feel of Johnny's head on his chest and his hard body spooned up against him. Roy sensed Johnny's breathing slowing and becoming regular. Moving slightly to gaze down at his friends face, Roy saw that he had fallen asleep. Pulling his arms around him tighter, Roy softly kissed the top of Johnny's head and settled down to sleep himself. It would be the first time since his divorce that Roy's dreams would be filled with what lay ahead for him, and not what he lost.

*****

Back at present time

Roy smiled once again as he remember the night before, the night he had been dreaming about ever since he first laid eyes on John Gage. Roy couldn't believe that after finally getting his true feelings out in the open with Johnny, that Johnny didn't turn him away or wasn’t repulsed by what Roy felt. Roy thought his heart was going to beat right out of his chest when Johnny told him he loved him too!

It was then that Roy realized that Johnny wasn't in bed with him. A frown crossed his features as he wondered where he could be, or if maybe all hadn’t gone as he expected to after all. Getting up from the bed and pulling the towel around his hips, Roy padded quietly through the house. He didn't see Johnny in the bathroom, or sleeping on the couch. Thinking he might be out feeding the horses, Roy turned to head to his room to get dressed when he heard Johnny's characteristic no tune whistling coming from the kitchen.

Smiling, Roy pushed the door to the room open and took in the sight of his partner standing over the stove cooking breakfast. Roy almost laughed when he saw that Johnny was only wearing a towel too, his long hair damp and wild as he'd just gotten out of the shower.

Roy walked up silently behind his lover and wrapped his arms around his waist. Johnny jumped but then leaned back into the embrace as Roy nuzzled the back of his neck.

"Morning," Johnny whispered.

"Morning" Roy muttered, his lips now moving around Johnny's neck and nuzzling the back of his ear. He smiled when a moan escaped from Johnny.

"Roy?" John sighed.

"Hmmmm?" "Breakfast is ready." Johnny, with some effort, pulled himself away from Roy and turned to hand him a plate full of eggs.

Roy took the plate and leaned over and kissed Johnny. "Thanks," he replied breaking the kiss.

Roy turned and sat down. Johnny stood for a moment and swallowed hard before joining his friend at the table. Again, they sat next to each other, their bare thighs rubbing against each other as they ate.

Roy ate in silence, enjoying the company and the feeling of Johnny sitting so close to him. Before long he started looking out the kitchen window and noticed what a beautiful day it was turning out to be.

Johnny noticed the sparkle in Roy's eye, the one that had been missing for the past several months. Following Roy's gaze to see what he was looking at, Johnny could only see the view of the valley out the window.

"What's so interesting outside, partner?"

"Just looking," Roy replied quietly.

Johnny finished his breakfast and stood up to put his dirty dishes in the sink. He turned to face Roy and leaned back against the countertop in front of the sink. "What do you want to do today?"

"I suppose we need to get the rest of the chores done," Roy hinted.

"Already done," Johnny replied. "The horses have already been fed. Wanna go for a ride?"

Roy smiled and stood up. He grabbed his dishes and walked towards the sink. Moving quickly before Johnny could step aside, Roy reached around him and put the dishes in the sink. He then pulled Johnny close to him and kissed him lightly. "Yes. But not that kind of ride." he whispered suggestively, his hands roaming down Johnny's back to rest on his rear.

Johnny grinned. "What did you have in mind?"

Roy pulled Johnny's towel off and then quickly dropped his. Taking him by the hand, Roy led him back to their bedroom and pushed him down onto the bed. Stretching out next to him, Roy looked into Johnny's eyes. "Let's just stay here today."

Johnny rewarded Roy with his trademark lopsided grin and then he stretched, ending it by wrapping himself around Roy. "Works for me partner."

"Me too," Roy replied.

The two spent the rest of their days off either in the bedroom or snuggled next to each other on the couch watching television. Roy commented at one point that they needed to do laundry. Johnny laughed. "Why? Except for when I go out to feed the horses, we haven't had a stitch of clothing on for 3 days. What's one more day?"

Roy grinned and agreed with his partner. By the time they were ready to start their next shift, the two had managed to talk about their future relationship, explored and experimented with each other's bodies and gotten lots of rest.

Roy was no longer hurting over facing a future alone. He had at last found his true soulmate and was happy beyond words, because the one person he truly loved, loved him back just as much.

As Johnny lay snuggled next to Roy the last night of their day off, Roy brushed some of Johnny's dark hair from his face. He looked deep into those eyes that he had always loved. "I love you John Gage."

Johnny smiled. "I love you too Roy."

They lightly kissed each other once more before settling into each others arms and drifting off to sleep.

 

END