TITLE: The Fever

AUTHOR: Todd

FANDOM: Earth 2

PAIRING: John Danziger and Alonzo Solace

RATING: NC-17

STATUS: New

ARCHIVE: Ok

E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR FEEDBACK: tschoonover@adelphia.net

SERIES/SEQUEL: None

OTHER WEBSITES: None

DISCLAIMERS: The characters used in this story belong to their respective owners and are used here only for non-profit and referential use. No ownership of material other than the words and plot are inferred.

NOTES: This story is based on a dream that Eeylish shared on the Earth2fic@onelist.com It is dedicated to her.

SUMMARY: Alonzo Solace and John Danziger are scouting territory when Alonzo takes ill. Through his fever, Alonzo shares a secret with Danziger that have unknown repercussions.

WARNINGS: This story features descriptions of male/male sex.

 

The Fever
by Todd
(June 1999)

It had started simple enough. Alonzo and I were on a scouting mission ahead of the others. The terrain had turned rocky, and while another team had headed north, we went south to see if we could find an easier path. We were supposed to return in two days, but we probably won't make it.

That first night it was getting dark and we were looking to set up camp. 'Lonz found a cave and we decided to take shelter there for the night. Before we started the camp fire, Alonzo cussed. He said something had bitten him, but he didn't see what it was. He rolled up his pant leg and there was a single red circle on the back of his calf. It looked like the stinger was still inside his leg, so I had him lean down over a boulder outside the cave.

As I gripped his leg in my hands, I realized how smooth and warm his skin felt against mine. I had never realized how hairless his legs were until now. As I worked at getting the stinger out, I imagined Alonzo with a razor in his hand shaving his legs. I grinned at the image, and suppressed a laugh. This was no laughing matter. "I've got the stinger out," I said looking up toward his face. Alonzo turned and looked back at me and smiled.

"But it doesn't look too good. I'm going to have to get the venom out." Alonzo just nodded and turned away.

I paused a moment looking at his firm ass. I was jealous of his looks, always have been since the day he hired on.

Leaning down, I pressed my lips against his bare leg.

It had been years since my lips had touched someone's bare skin. Ever since True's mom died. I blocked the thought from my mind as I focused on the task at hand. The venom tasted bitter as I sucked it from Alonzo's leg. I tried to get it all out, but by the time I was done there was a huge red hickey on his leg and I couldn't tell what was from the venom and what was from me sucking. I repressed a smile as I wondered what Julia would think of the mark when we got back and she took a look at his leg.

We finished setting up camp in the cave and the fire warmed us. It was a cool night, yet Alonzo was sweating more than usual. He had taken off his coat, and even his vest and overshirt. I could see from the flickering flames that his white undershirt was soaked with sweat, as were his pants. His eyes were becoming glazed and I knew that fever had set in.

Alonzo collapsed soon after. I rushed to his side and cradled him in my arms. He was soaking wet, and shaking.

His eyes were rolled back in his head, and I had to pry open his mouth and pull his tongue out of his throat so he could breathe. I had never seen anyone so weak and helpless, not even True when she was a baby. I held Alonzo in my arms and prayed that his fever would break. His head rolled against my neck. His skin felt clammy against my skin. Out of some instictive impulse, I leaned in and pressed my lips against his forehead and kissed it. I often did that with True, but this was different. I wasn't sure how, but it was.

I held Alonzo for a long time. I don't know how long, but finally his eyes opened. He looked up at me and tried to smile. I placed the canteen next to his lips and held it while he drank. He was still burning with fever, but I took his semi-lucidity as a good sign.

Alonzo didn't take his eyes off of me while he drank. They seemed to be saying don't let go of me, don't let me go.

Alonzo took a deep breath. He was struggling to say something and I tried to discourage him. But I couldn't keep him quiet. "Danzinger, there's something I need to tell you in case I don't make it."

I tried to quiet him, convince him that he was going to make it. He wasn't listening though.

I don't even know if he was truly awake at this point. It could've just been his fever talking.

"Quiet," he commanded.

Here he was burning with fever, and he was ordering me to be quiet. I was.

"I want to tell you this even if I do make it," Alonzo continued. He was weak though, and I had to lean in close to hear him. "How long have we known each other?"

"Depends on if we count waking years or sleeping years."

"It doesn't matter. I remember the first time I saw you. You were swearing 'cause you had hurt your hand trying to fix the fuel regulator. I never thought we'd become friends."

"But we have."

"Yeah. In all the years, through all the missions, you've been one of the few constants in my life. All my friends, all the women, they've all grown old or died. But you've still been there."

"You need you rest, Solace. This all can wait."

"No it can't. It's waited too long. I've had these feelings for a long time now. I just never thought I'd tell you about them. Never thought I would want to. Let alone have the chance. But now..."

Alonzo paused and I gave him another drink from the canteen. I could tell the fever was starting to take him again.

"I want you to know that I want you Danziger. I want to be with you now and forever. I want to be your friend, and more. I've had dreams about you. Dreams where we were more than just friends. I think about you often. When I see you, I can't help but smile. I can't believe I'm telling you this. But I want you to know. I've been lusting over you for years John Danziger. I think I love you."

I was in shock. What could I say? I had never thought of Alonzo in that way. Hell, I'd never thought of another guy that way. But here in the cave with him shivering in my arms, I could imagine it. It didn't seem wrong or foreign at all. It seemed perfectly right. I looked into his eyes and could see the truth behind his words. How long had he been keeping this to himself?

With his limited energy, Alonzo tried to lift himself toward me. I knew what he was trying to do, and without a thought I leaned in and kissed him. His lips were soft, and his mouth warm. Our tongues mingled in a kiss the likes of which I had not felt in years. My mind thought immediately of my wife, but I pushed it aside. She was gone, and I was here with Alonzo. I thought of his ass from earlier, which now rested against my thigh. I remembered the way it made me feel when we were together, rough-housing or just hanging out. As we kissed all those moments flooded back to me and I realized that I too loved the man in my arms.

I cradled him closer to me, and our kiss grew stronger.

I could feel the fever burning inside him, and tried to will it out of him. I wanted him to live so we could see where we would go from here. Alonzo moved his hand to my lap. It felt weird having another guy touch me there. He cupped me in his hand and rubbed his thumb against my hardening tool.

I pulled away from his mouth, and kissed his neck, his ear.

I sucked his earlobe. I moved down, pushing his shirt aside and sucked his nipple. I had given myself to the moment, and forgotten everything but the man with me. I moved further down kissing his stomach, with those rippled abs that I have envied since I first laid eyes on them.

Then I undid his pants, and pulled them down. I had seen his cock before, but never had I seen it erect. It was huge.

I reminded me of a piston cylinder as I wrapped my hand around it, but it didn't feel like one. It swelled in my hand as I gently stroked it. The foreskin had partially retracted, showing its purple head. I shucked it all the way, and precum leaked out providing nature's lubricant. Alonzo was breathing harder, letting soft moans escape. I'd never felt another man's member before but at this moment it seemed the most natural thing to do.

So did what I did next. Alonzo's hand had slipped from my lap and I wasn't even wondering if he was still conscious.

His moans were impetus enough. I leaned down and circled my tongue around his head. His seed tasted bitter and salty, but it wasn't an unpleasant taste at all. I had to have more.

In all my life I had never imagined giving a guy a blow job, but I was doing just that. I gagged a few times as I got familiar with the feeling. I know it wasn't the best job in the universe, but it was my first one an Alonzo didn't seem to mind. Within minutes he was shooting his wad down my throat, and I was swallowing it.

After he came, I moved back up to kiss him, but he was unconscious again. And now I sit here, holding him in my arms. His fever seems to have broken, but I can't really be sure. I'm no doctor. And I have no idea what is going to happen when he wakes up. I've cleaned him up the best I could and fixed his pants and shirt. If he doesn't remember there won't be any evidence. But I remember. I'll always remember. And I don't know what's going to happen next.

END