Title: Mud

Author: Em

Fandom: Earth 2

Pairing: Morgan Martin/John Danziger

Rating: NC-17 for m/m slash and strong language

Archive: Yes, at Kingdom of Slash

Feedback: em615@yahoo.com

Disclaimers: Earth 2 and it’s characters belong to Amblin/Universal. No harm is intended. No profit is made.

Notes: This is my very first slash. Many thanks go to Jena, my beta, for her suggestions and pronouns. Comments are welcome; flames are not.

Summary: Morgan and Danziger find they have a little more in common than they thought as they discover the pleasures of coming clean.


MUD
by Em

The Eden Advance crew had been stuck in a mud-filled valley for three days, and the rain showed no sign of stopping. Everyone was irritable, more so than usual. There was mud everywhere—on clothes, in hair, on equipment, in the food. Walking across the camp was treacherous because of the slick goo. There was little to do except stay inside their tents as much as possible and complain, something at which Morgan Martin excelled.

"Whose bright idea was it to try to take shelter in this valley when the rain started?" he whined to Bess. "It shouldn’t last more than a couple of hours. I remember Devon saying that. And now look. We’ve been here for days. We could still be stuck here when winter comes. Then we’ll be trapped. Again!"

"Morgan, honey. Try to calm down. This isn’t helping anything, and you keep saying the same thing over and over again. It’s not my fault that we’re stuck here, any more than it’s Devon’s. Just try to concentrate on something else." Bess’ soothing voice usually had a calming effect on Morgan, but not today.

"Forget it. I can’t concentrate with all this mud everywhere. Look, it’s even in my gear," he grumbled.

"Fine. If all you want to do is complain, then do it somewhere else. I’ve had enough!" Bess snipped. She couldn’t take any more of Morgan’s whine-a-thon. "Get out!"

"But, Bess, where will I go? It’s muddy and wet out there."

"I don’t care. Just get out!"

Morgan left the relative comfort of their tent and stepped outside into the rain and muck. At a complete loss for what to do, he just stood there for a few minutes. He heard yelling in the next tent and watched as Danziger emerged from Devon’s tent.

"I’m sick of hearing how much of this is my fault!" Devon yelled. "Get out and stay out."

Danziger stood in front of the tent as he pondered his next step. He noticed Morgan standing in the rain watching him and shrugged. "Women."

"Can’t live with them…" Morgan agreed.

As he took a step forward, Morgan promptly slipped down and landed with a squish right onto his ass. Danziger roared with laughter, so hard in fact, that he fell face first into the mud. It was then Morgan’s turn to cackle.

Once the laughter subsided, both men just looked at each other. They had never been friends, but they were no longer enemies. Danziger could finally see that Morgan had his good qualities. He wasn’t as useless and self-centered as Danz had originally thought. He had learned to earn his keep around camp.

And Morgan had realized that Danziger wasn’t as hostile and militant as he thought him to be. He now knew that, what he had initially thought was the other man’s need for control, was really just his way of keeping everyone safe. They both had a newfound, grudging respect for one another.

"You get kicked out, too?" Morgan asked.

"Yep. You?"

"Yeah. What a mess. Now what?"

"Well," Danziger began, "I was thinking of exploring the ridge to the north. See if maybe we could find a way out of here that would give the vehicles some traction. Why don’t you join me?"

"Might as well take a walk in the rain to wash off some of this mud," he answered.

"I better get some supplies, just in case. Do you need to tell Bess where we ’re going?"

"Nah. We’ll just tell Baines or Walman. No need to get into yet another argument."

"I heard that," Danziger agreed with a chuckle.

(2)

With their food supplies packed, the duo headed north to explore the ridge in hopes of finding a sandy or rocky path that would allow them to escape the muck. Traveling by foot was slow and required concentration. Therefore, neither man spoke much until they reached the top of the ridge. There they saw what appeared to be an opening.

"Is that a cave?" Morgan asked hesitantly.

"It looks like it. Let’s go," ordered Danziger.

"Uh, are you sure that’s such a good idea?" he stammered. "There could be wild animals or spiders in there." He hated dark, enclosed spaces, but he hated being left alone in unfamiliar territory even more, so he followed Danziger inside.

"Wow," they said simultaneously. Inside the cave were iridescent rock formations, illuminated by what little sun there was peeking through a hole in the ceiling. The dripping rain created a small rainbow. It was quite beautiful, not the dark, scary place that Morgan expected.

As they explored the cave further, they came upon a shimmering pool behind the rocks. Steam was rising up from the crystal clear water. It wasn’t too deep; the bottom could be seen clearly. Morgan dipped his hand into the pool before Danziger had a chance to stop him.

"Wait! You don’t know what’s in that," he barked.

"Too late. It’s just water. And it’s really warm." Morgan started unbuttoning his shirt.

"What do you think you’re doing?" Danziger inquired.

"I’m going to wash my clothes off. I’m sick of being covered in crusty mud. Any objections?" he asked as he stripped his shirt off and started on his shoes.

"No. I guess that’ll be okay. Actually, that sounds like a good idea," he agreed, as he started removing his own shirt. "I haven’t figured out a way to keep the mud out of the laundry water yet. It’ll be nice to be clean for a change."

Both men were soon nude and bent over the side of the pool to scrub their clothes. Morgan was right; the water was very warm, but not so warm it was uncomfortable. After cleaning, they hung their clothes across the rocks to dry a bit.

"This must be fed by some underground spring. The mud from our clothes has already washed away. I could use a good bath," Danziger said as he slipped into the clear warmth. "Ahhh. This is nice."

Morgan joined his companion in the pool and agreed. "It’s been a long time since I’ve had a nice, warm, relaxing bath."

The water was just over waist deep. Each of them rubbed the mud off their skin and rinsed their hair until they felt clean again. Finally mud-free, Morgan was feeling frisky as he splashed the mechanic with a warm spray. He retaliated by dunking Morgan’s head underwater. They each chuckled at the other.

"You know, you still have mud on your back, Morgan."

"Where?" he asked.

"Right here. Turn around. I’ll get it," he answered, rubbing Morgan’s back between the shoulder blades. Morgan sighed as Danziger cleaned his back. It seemed to be taking a bit longer than it should, but he wasn’t about to complain. It felt so good. What began as a bath slowly turned into a massage.

He was enjoying the feel of Morgan’s strong back beneath his hands. The man was more muscular than he realized. The sighs and moans escaping him were erotic. He had never thought of Morgan that way, but now, seeing him naked and pliable, Danziger was becoming aroused. He inched his hands lower and lower.

Morgan’s voice startled him. "Thanks, Danziger. It’s my turn now," he said seductively.

As Morgan turned to face him, he was surprised to see the same lust reflected in his eyes. The taller man turned away from him, and Morgan began his own massage.

He, too, was enjoying the feel of muscular shoulders under his hands. Bess’ body was so different. She was thin, almost delicate. There was nothing fragile about the body he was manipulating now.

Danziger’s moans were becoming louder and deeper, and Morgan was becoming more and more excited. He would never have believed that this man could turn him on like this. Sure, he knew the guy was attractive, but he never even dreamed of screwing him before this. As Morgan stroked his lower back, he brushed his growing erection slightly against the tempting ass in front of him.

"Yesss," was all the permission Morgan needed to hear. He massaged Danziger's firm butt, rubbing his fingers up and down the crack. He brought his index finger to the puckered opening and circled it before he entered slightly.

"Don’t stop," Danz whispered.

(3)

Morgan pushed past the ring of muscles in Danziger’s asshole with his finger, stretching it slightly. When he began pushing back on his finger, another was added. He scissored his fingers back and forth, preparing Danziger for entry. It had been a while since Morgan had been with a man. He had forgotten how erotic male sex could be. He was quickly losing control; he needed to fuck him soon.

"Is that enough?" he asked, as he tried to slow his breathing and regain control.

"Yes. Now. Please," Danziger panted.

Morgan took his cock in his right hand and put it against the opening. He pushed slowly, not wanting to hurt his new lover. The opening gave way and allowed him access. Inch by inch Morgan slid his cock in until he was all the way in, then waited for him to get used to the sensation of being filled.

Danziger pulled both of Morgan’s hands to his chest over his nipples. He took the hint and began fondling and plucking the already tight nubs. The echo of both men’s moans bounced off the walls of the cave.

Soon he was pushing back onto Morgan’s cock, encouraging him to move, and Morgan slowly began to withdraw. The warm water encouraged a leisurely pace, but the pleasure quickly built to a fevered pitch.

Danziger bent over slightly and grasped the edge of the pool. The new angle allowed Morgan’s cock to hit his prostate with each thrust. The pleasure was overwhelming. He took one of Morgan’s hands in his own, and they both stroked his cock in time with the thrusts.

Morgan was pistoning into his lover’s ass, sloshing water all over the cave. Danziger came first, screaming incoherently, his semen being swept away in the pool’s current. Morgan gave one final shove and came immediately after him. When it was over, he collapsed onto the other’s back, allowing him to support the weight of both men for a moment.

As their breathing neared normal, Morgan stood straight, pulling his cock gently out of his lover. Neither of them knew what to say. What had just happened was totally unforeseen.

Danziger finally turned around to face him and spoke. "Well, that was…uh…unexpected. You’ve done that before, haven’t you? With a man, I mean?" he asked with a blush.

"Yes. You?" was the quiet reply.

"I had a boyfriend for about three years on the stations. I also had several girlfriends, but only one steady male lover. True doesn’t know. She thought Michael was just a friend."

"Don’t worry. I won’t tell her. And you won’t mention this to Bess?" Morgan queried.

"Of course not," he said quickly. He pondered Morgan's quiet mood. "Do you feel guilty?" he asked softly.

"I’ve never cheated on her before. Not with a woman, and certainly not with a man."

"But you said you had been with a man before. Obviously, you have," Danziger pressed.

"Once or twice when I was younger. Mostly it was just curiosity. But about eight months before I met Bess, I began seriously dating a man. His name was Gregg, and he was also a government employee—my immediate supervisor. I thought it was love. He thought differently. Let’s just say, he used his higher level to get what he wanted from me. And when he was done, well, I ended up feeling like a whore. I swore I’d never be with a man again. And when I met Bess, I didn’t think that was even a possibility," he confided.

"I understand. I never thought this would happen either. Not on this planet. And not with you! Sorry, but, with our history... You don’t have to worry. I’ll never tell anyone. It’ll be our secret," Danziger said with a smile.

He didn’t feel guilty. It was just sex. He hoped Morgan would see that, too.

"Thanks," Morgan said sadly. He turned away so Danziger couldn’t see the tears forming in his eyes.

"Hey, this doesn’t mean anything. It’s not like you’re in love with me or anything. Are you?" he asked uncertainly.

Morgan burst into laughter as he brushed away his tears. "With you? Are you kidding? We can’t stand each other, remember? I love Bess." He stopped laughing suddenly, and gazed into the blue eyes of his lover.

"Then stop feeling guilty," he replied as he gently brushed a tear from Morgan’s face. "It’s just sex. It doesn’t mean you don’t love Bess. I know you do. She wouldn’t deny you a friendship with me. And that’s what this is. Sex between friends."

Danziger continued to stroke Morgan’s cheek, as Morgan closed his eyes to ponder what he had just said. *Sex between friends. It doesn’t mean I don’t love Bess. She wouldn’t be angry with me for being friends with him.*

(4)

He opened his eyes and smiled. Danziger was right. He smiled back and brushed a long strand of hair from Morgan’s temple, then leaned in and placed a kiss there, enjoying the feel of the softly furred chest against his. He kissed the slightly stubbly cheek, and when Morgan did nothing to stop him, he kissed him full on the mouth.

Morgan opened his lips wider, allowing the tongue inside to play with his. The kiss deepened quickly. Morgan leaned his head back with a moan, and Danziger took advantage by sucking on his neck. He promptly found out that this was one of Morgan’s favorite erogenous zones by the way his cock jumped and from the loud groan. He continued to nibble and lick his neck, causing the slighter man to squirm deliciously against him.

They pressed their bodies together so that they were standing in the water chest to chest. Their hands roamed everywhere—Morgan’s hands found his lover ’s shoulders too tempting to leave alone while the other man slipped one hand in Morgan’s long locks and the other down the cleft of his ass.

"My turn," Danziger said in between kisses. He led the smaller man to the shallow end of the pool. "I’m getting water logged. Do you mind?" he asked as he leaned Morgan back until he was sitting on the edge.

He continued kissing Morgan deeply while lying him all the way down onto the floor of the cave. The warmth from the pool heated the cave to a perfect temperature. He then bent Morgan’s knees and lifted them over his shoulders without breaking contact with his hot mouth.

He inserted his index finger into the waiting ass beneath him as he did the same with his tongue. Morgan laid on the cave floor, writhing in ecstasy with Danziger, half in the pool and half out, leaning over him. With three fingers in him, he began whimpering and grunting, begging without using words to be fucked.

Danziger smeared pre-cum over his rigid cock as extra lubricant and then pushed it into his lover in one smooth, fluid motion, without stopping the plunder of his sweet mouth. Morgan finally broke the kiss to cry out in pleasure.

He immediately started pounding into him. Morgan’s cock was already leaking, and the friction from his lover’s stomach was pushing him closer and closer to completion. He didn’t need any extra stimulation. Neither man lasted very long as they came almost simultaneously.

They stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Face to face. Just looking at each other.

Gasping for breath, Morgan finally managed to say, "it’s good to have friends."

Danziger threw back his head in laughter. "That’s just what I was thinking." His softened cock slipped out of Morgan’s ass, and he gave him a helping hand off the hard cave floor. "Looks like one of us could use another bath," he said, wiping cum off Morgan’s chest.

"Looks like we both could," answered Morgan with a grin, wiping more cum off the taller man’s stomach.

They washed each other off tenderly then got out of the pool to air dry. Their clothes were almost dry now despite the steam from the pool and the sloshing water from the sex.

"We better be heading back soon. Everyone will wonder where we went," Danziger stated.

"Yeah." Morgan was quiet again.

"You’re not feeling guilty again, are you?"

"No. I wouldn’t do anything to hurt Bess. But I think you’re right. This is just an extension of our newfound friendship. Bess wouldn’t begrudge me a friend," he answered with a smile.

They got dressed in silence and headed for the cave entrance. He leaned in to give Morgan one last sweet kiss before heading back to camp. The rain had lessened to a mere sprinkle. By the time they made it back to camp, the rain had stopped completely. No one seemed to notice that their clothes were completely clean and relatively dry. The Edenites were too busy celebrating the end of the rain.

It was mid-morning the next day before the Advance crew was able to leave the muddy valley. Everyone was in high spirits, even Morgan. They made good time that day, despite the delay. They stopped to set up camp at dusk. After routine chores were finished, the group headed for their individual tents.

Yelling could be heard coming from the Martin tent, and Morgan stepped back out of it a few moments later. *Boy, is she cranky,* he thought. *If she didn’t want an honest opinion about tonight’s supper, she shouldn’t have asked me.*

In the next tent over, Devon’s voice could be heard shouting at Danziger. He quickly left her tent before she had a chance to throw anything at him. All this because he made a comment about how she was raising Uly to be a mama’s boy. He looked over at Morgan with a leering smile.

"Women," he said enticingly.

"Can’t live with them…" Morgan agreed as he licked his lips in anticipation.


The End