EARTH 2 ROLE PLAYING GAME TRANSCRIPTS 3

Danziger: "Yes Yale, please do so. Wasn't Bess looking for Morgan earlier? I'll check with her." ::walking over to the med-tent where Bess was last seen, ducking into the tent:: "Julia, is Bess..." ::seeing Bess standing there:: "Did you find your husband? I saw you looking for him? The ATV is missing. I have told him a thousand times before not to touch my vehicles when I am not around." ::turning back around and storming outside, looking around. "Where would he have gone?"

True ::looking down at the ground and then at her father) "Um, Dad? I saw Morgan walk away from me a while ago and get into one of the vehicles. He was very mad."

Danziger: :stopping dead in his tracks and gives True one of those 'what did you do?' looks:: "True," ::kneeling down:: "You didn't make Morgan mad, did you?" ::looking up at Yale and then back to True:: "Did you see which way he went?" ::standing up:: (To Yale) "It's dark out and knowing Martin he could be into anything. Do you think we should go look for him?"

True :: looking inter father's eyes and feeling a sense of dread in her stomach :: "Well, nothing really Dad, he was just mad at everyone. Or so he said when he stormed away. I didn't really see what direction he went in, just that he took one of the vehicles."

Bess rushes out of the med-tent and over to Danziger: "How do you know that Morgan took the ATV. You're always the first one to accuse him of everything. You know, he isn't always the guilty one. I'm sorry, John. It's just that Morgan is always the first one suspected if anything goes wrong." Bess turns to True and kneels down in front of her: "When did you see Morgan, True. How long ago was it? Can you show us exactly where you saw him and which direction he was headed?"

Julia: :::::::comes walking out of her tent:::::::::: What's going on? Who should we go look for?

Danziger: (to Julia) "Morgan. He's gone and so is my ATV." ::looking at Bess:: "I'm sorry I assumed it was Morgan, but I was right wasn't I? I'm not mad, I'm worried, Martin knows better than to be away from camp alone during the night. Something has to be wrong." ::kneeling beside Bess:: "True, answer Bess, I promise your not in trouble sweetheart. Now tell us, which way did he go? (to Bess) You don't think he was still mad about this morning, do you? It's not like Martin to go off by himself. He's scared of his own shadow, let alone this planet."

Bess to True: "Please tell us anything you know True." Bess to John: "Morgan gets mad easy but doesn't stay mad long. If he's still missing then there is something wrong. He likes to go off by himself to think things through but he'd never be gone over night. He knows I'd be too worried about him."

True: "I'm not sure Bess, like I told my Dad, Morgan stormed out of here and got into the ATV. It wasn't late yet and the sun was still out. He went straight out of camp since that's the way the ATV was faced."

Danziger: "Grr, that man is unbearable!" ::standing back up:: "Bess, we'll have to go look for him." ::Walking over to the Transrover and grabbing a Magpro:: "Walman, Baines, Al! We'll have to slit up and search the surrounding area for Morgan. Keep an eye out for the ATV, he can't be too far from it. Al, take Zero with you and do a perimeter scan." ::walking back over to Bess and True:: "Bess, you stay here in case he comes back. True stay here with Uly and keep out of trouble, ok?" ::looking toward Yale:: Yale, you can come with me if you'd like. ::picking up a Magpro:: "Where's Devon?"

YALE : "Yes John. I'll come with you. The unit you placed out there for me may be very helpful, it's a bioscan/transmitter. It detects life movement. I'll bring the receiver with us."

True :: feeling a tad guilty :: "OK Dad, be careful!!!"

Devon: "Right here, John. I was just putting Uly to bed. Bess and I will man the radio, since Julia has restricted me to camp until I'm better." (Devon grabs Danziger's hand and looks meaningfully into his eyes.) "John, I'm sorry for getting angry at you earlier today. Since we have a problem with someone going off angry and getting into trouble, I don't want the same thing to happen to you."

Danziger: "Devon, I know I rarely say this, but your right. I tend to lost my temper easily and for that I'm sorry. You know I never mean to upset you, that's the last thing I want to do." ::squeezing her hand, almost in a whisper:: "I'll be careful, I always am, you know that. Do me a favor and look after Bess. Make sure she doesn't go off alone looking for him, I know how she feels for Morgan." ::suddenly with a grin:: "I wouldn't bother to go looking for him otherwise." ::winking at her, walks away.::

Devon stares after him in shock.

Julia: ::Coming out of her tent:: "What about me? Can I come? If there is something wrong with him, he should have medical attention."

Danziger: "Of course, you can come with Yale and I. True said he went in the direction the ATV was turned - out of camp. That would north, this way. You got your bag with you? Let's just hope you don't need it."

YALE to Uly and True: "Children, I saw Devon go into her tent a short time ago. Check in with her now, and tell her we'll be back as soon as we find Morgan. Ask her to keep the 2-way on."

Danziger: ::walking away from True backwards, still looking at her:: (To Yale out of True's earshot) "There's something she's not tellin' me."

YALE TO JOHN: "Little girls have many secrets, don't worry John. She's a good girl."

True :: Thinking to herself while her father walks away from her :: Uh oh I think I am in trouble now. But I didn't do anything wrong. I still don't understand what the Koba did to make Morgan so mad! My Dad is going to be mad at me, cause I was petting the Koba. But maybe this one will be different. Kinder and gentle. Oh well I better call Devon like he said to. : : True puts on the calling gear : : "Devon, are you there? My dad, Yale and Julia are going to look for Morgan."

Bess to John: "I'll stay here and keep an eye on True and Uly. Please make sure that you all have your head gear with you in case Morgan returns and I need to get a hold of you."

Danziger: "Sure thing, don't I always have my gear with me? I'll just turn it on this time." ::joking with Bess who gives no reaction:: "Bess," ::with a sigh:: "we'll find him, I promise." ::walking toward Julia and Yale as they head towards the wooded area:: "We'll travel on foot. The rail will never make it though here. Plus, he couldn't have gotten that far." ::suddenly stopping:: "Yale," ::kneeling down:: "look here - tire tracks, definitely the ATV. Bring that light and we'll follow them and see where they lead."

Julia to Danz: Here have the light. Why don't you take the lead, Danziger and I'll follow you. To Al: 'Lonz, I'm going with Danziger and Yale to search Morgan, I'll be back soon I hope. Maybe you could ask the Terrians if they know where he is? Bye I'm going now.

Danz: Great idea Julia. (to Al) See what you can find out - if anything. ::heading off the way of the tracks::

'Lonzo: ::shouting after them:: "Be careful Doc. Keep in touch and I'll let you know if the Terrians have any information." The former pilot heads into his tent where he lays down on the cot, preparing to enter the Dream Plane.

As True and Bess watch them head out:

Bess: "Come on True. Let's go find Uly and we'll find something to do while we wait for everyone to return. Hopefully it won't be too long before they find Morgan."

True: "OK Bess, I thought I saw Uly over by his tent. Boy, Morgan was sure mad when you guys left for the scouting trip. He was furious when he left me and the (True realizes once again that she can't say anything about the Koba and tries to cover it up) uh, when he left me. The ATV kicked up gravel when he took off."

Bess catches the way True hesitated when talking about what had happened. She says to True: "I think I heard Devon say that Uly has already gone to bed. Why don't you and I walk around the outside of the camp. I need to walk to keep my mind off of what could have happened to Morgan. We won't go into the forest, just walk around the perimeter of camp." Bess and True start walking. "True, tell me again what happened this afternoon. I can't help but feel that you're leaving something out." As they approach the bush where True had hidden the Koba earlier that day the bush started to shake.

True: (walking next to Bess and thinking of what she said) "Nothing much happened. I asked Morgan if I could play with his VR and he said no. He was in a bad mood. I was just playing right here and Morgan came across me and the. Wait, Bess if I tell you something do you promise not to tell?" :: True looking very anxious at Bess and then at the shaking bush ::

Bess stops and turns towards True. She stoops down so that she is closer to True's size and she says - "True, honey, you can tell me anything. As long as the secret won't hurt someone else, I promise not tell any one else what you tell me."

True :: looking a little scared and unsure : : "Well, I couldn't find Uly and Morgan didn't want to help me so I took a little walk. I was minding my own business and well, a Koba came out onto the path I walking. Oh Bess, he looked so sweet and he was very gentle. I don't think he will hurt anyone and I want so much to have a pet. My dad didn't have any money to have a pet allowance on the station, and this maybe my only chance to have a pet. Please Bess, he won't hurt anyone and I'll be very careful with him! Don't tell my dad; I was going to when we went to bed. OK?"

With Julia, Danziger, and Yale in the woods:

YALE: " John , I think this is the time to test the unit you placed for me today. If Morgan, or anything biologically alive is within 100 miles of us, this screen should give coordinates sent from the BioScan you set up. I'm going up that rise to try it, stay on the 2-way." They separate and YALE disappears into the woods.

Danziger: ::putting his gear on:: (to Julia) "Let's hope this works. I trust Yale's judgment and there has to be an explanation. Morgan wouldn't stay out after dark so long, especially alone." ::turning the gear on:: "Yale? Do you read me?"

Back with True and Bess:

Bess to True: "I tell you what sweetheart, let's go see this Koba of yours and see just how friendly he really is. Remember what one did to the Commander and one did to Morgan. They can be very dangerous if provoked. If this one seems as friendly as you say, I'll help you convince your dad to let you keep him. You have to promise me thought that you WILL tell your dad as soon as he gets back. You shouldn't keep secrets from him. You never know when one may be very important. Especially with us being such strangers to this planet. You tell your dad tonight regardless of whether not I say I'll stand behind you. If you do that and I think this particular Koba is friendly, then we'll talk to your dad again together in the morning. Is that a deal?"

True :: a little tense :: "I know I should have Bess, but there was no one here and when I saw my Dad I didn't want to spoil anything. I get worried sometimes when he goes on scouting trips. I already lost my Mom; I don't want to lose my Dad. I promise Bess, I will tell my Dad when he comes back. (True looks at the bush which is shaking) I think my Koba is in the bushes so we have to be quiet ok? And Bess,...... (True looks at Bess and smiles) thank you."

The Koba pops out of the bush, runs over to True and rubs against her leg in a greeting.

True :: as True gives her promise to Bess she gently rubs the Koba back, the look in True's eyes reflect the hope and love she has for the Koba. : : "See Bess he is sweet and gentle."

Bess slowly sits down in front of the Koba and True. "Let's just see how it reacts to me, Honey. I'll sit here and we're see how it reacts to a stranger. If it starts to get violent or scared you might not be able to take it among the group. I'll just sit here quietly for a minute or two and we'll see what happens."

True :: sits and stares at the Koba Bess with a worried look on her face : : "It's ok Koba, Bess won't hurt you. She is very sweet and nice. See Bess, the Koba isn't going to hurt you."

Bess kept sitting very still in front of True and the Koba. She started humming a lullaby very quietly hoping to put the animal at ease: "Bless the beasts and the children, hummmmmmmm." The Koba started to edge closer to her knees. "That's right little one. I won't hurt you. Such big, pretty eyes. Don't be afraid, Bess won't hurt you."

True :: Sits and stares at the Koba and Bess. She is holding her breath and hoping that this Koba is the one; the one who will be good just like she keeps saying, since she wants a pet so much.....

Out in the wood:

Danziger: ::still waiting for Yale to answer his gear (Stop it now!):: "Julia, look!" ::pointing ahead to where the overturned ATV lies:: "I hope to hell that is not what I think it is."

YALE: " John, go ahead....... sorry I took so long, had to get my gear straight."

Julia: "MORGAN!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!! come on Danz, we got to check the ATV, Call Devon on the Gear"

Danziger: "Right." ::calling Devon on gear:: "Devon, are you there? We found the ATV, overturned and Morgan is not in site. Yale is running a scan on that sensor that will, hopefully, locate him if he is still around. Has Alonzo had any luck with the dreamscape?" ::returning focus to the outside world while waiting for a response:: "Julia, do you see him anywhere?"

Devon: (on gear) "John? Is there any sign of Morgan? I don't think I want to tell Bess anything until we have something solid to go on."

Danziger: "Devon, sorry to say there is no sign of Morgan anywhere. Not even foot prints. Julia's up ahead of me." ::looking around:: "If it weren't so damn dark out here I could...." ::breaking off:: (to Julia) "Julia? You see anything?" (back to Devon) "How is Alonzo, any word from the Terrians yet?"

Devon: Nothing yet.

Back At Camp:

'Lonzo: ::: No sooner had he drifted off into a light sleep, Alonzo found himself standing on the Dream Plane. Curiously he looked around. It appeared that he was in a cavern of some type. The walls were smooth with a few carved arches into it. The same kind of arches the Terrians used to do their dreaming.::: "Hello." ::: He had called out softly, yet his own voice echoed back at him oddly. Strange. Usually when he Dreamed there were several Terrains waiting to communicate with him. This time he was all alone.::: "Hello? Anyone there?" ::: Still no answer but his own odd echo. Sighing in defeat, Alonzo was about to will himself awake, when the ground in front of him erupted, showering him in dirt.

A Terrian pops up in front of Alonzo Terrian: ~~~~What do you want, human? Why have you come here? ~~~~

True and Bess wait patently with the Koba:

The Koba looks skeptically from True to Bess, then back to True. This tall creature with the bushy fur around her head seems nice. However, the tall creatures aren't as friendly as their cubs. Koba sniffs gingerly at the adult's hand. She smells good, like food! He nuzzles her hand, looking for a treat. The adult pulls her lips back and shows her teeth, and makes the same pleasant sound as the cub did earlier. The Koba mimics her.

Bess: "I can't believe it True, the Koba wants to be petted (Bess stokes the head of the Koba as it nuzzles her hand). He is cute and he does seems to be very gentle. Listen to that. He's humming." Bess slowly reaches over and picks up the Koba. "Well, True, I guess this one really is gentle. Why don't you tell him go back to the bush for the night. Remember your promise to tell your father all about the Koba, and, in the morning I'll come over and we'll discuss it with him together and let him meet the Koba. How does that sound to you?"

True :: A genuine relieved look on her face as she smiles at the Koba and Bess :: "See Bess, I told you so!! He is sweet and he doesn't want hurt you. I will tell my dad when he gets back." ::True holds out her hand for the Koba to take it:: "Bess.... thanks for listening and for being here."

Bess: "OK True, lets let the Koba go to sleep for the night and you and I go back to camp. I'm anxious to see if anyone's heard anything about Morgan." True puts the Koba back into the bush. Bess and True stand up and Bess takes True's hand as they walk back into camp.

Yale on Gear:

YALE on 2-way: "Devon, John, I've got the BioScan on, its picking up......TWO IMAGES !!! 200 yards to the Northeast. I believe they are human."

Danziger: "Two images?" ::puzzled:: "Julia, come here, Yale's got something. He's reading two images. Who could Morgan be with?" (Back to Yale) "Yale, do you have a visual?"

Meanwhile Alonzo is still on the Dreamscape:

'Lonzo:: Alonzo takes a moment to gather his thoughts before he replies to the Terrian:: "I'm looking for a member of my tribe. He appears to have gone missing. He took...":: This was difficult. How could he describe the ATV to this Terrian? Putting up his arms he mimicked steering the wheel:: "...one of our vehicles and hasn't been seen since. Have you seen him?"

Terrian: ~~What is a vehicle? But I haven't seen your people, except the two women on the dreamplane. But they didn't have a ... vehicle? I will ask the other tribes if they have found him. I have a question for you too, dreamer. Several of my tribe have been put to earth. The other human that we took into the earth is gone. He will harm us again. Will your leader help us?~~

'Lonzo ::Tilts his head in confusion. What could this Terrian be talking about? What human? Suddenly he remembers and his faces pales. Gaal! :: "I will talk with Devon and see what we can do.":: Alonzo forces himself to awaken from the Dream Plane and surges of his cot. On shaky legs he runs out of the tent into the darkness and makes his way to Devon's tent:: "Devon! Devon I need to talk to you!"

Back in the woods:

Julia: "Yale, you got a reading on him? Where is he? We found the ATV and it looks like something scared him, like a Grendler. I found some blood near the ATV, that indicates that he's injured. Oh my god! What if the other one is a penal colonist. Or what if it is the Council? We got to get to him quickly."

Devon: Now, nobody panic. It may be a false reading. Remember, this hasn't been tested yet. Or there may be a Terrian or Grendler in the area.

Danziger: ::staring back at her returning the look:: "Come on, we have to move fast." ::heading off in the direction of northeast making sure Julia is close behind:: "Julia?" ::while still moving though the woods:: "What made you say the council? We haven't been in contact with them for a while now, at least as far as I'm concerned. Your not communicating with.....? ::suddenly stopping:: "Look! Down there!" ::pointing downward towards the end of the wood.:: "It's Morgan, but who is that with him?" ::squinting to see the figure but failing to and then looking back at Julia:: "Remember, move slow, ::pulling the Magpro that was hanging over his shoulder around to where he could aim it:: "This person could be dangerous."

Julia: ::running after Danz:: Why do you think that I was communicating with the Council? ::stops and looks down too:: (whispers) I keep having these dreams about them. ::follows Danziger:: Wait Danziger, look that jacket the other one is wearing. It looks familiar...

Danziger: "Your right, it's one of ours - Va1587." ::lowering the weapon:: "It couldn't be another one of our crew, can it? Well, whoever it is - the're are practically carrying Morgan." ::looking at her:: "My guess is that he is hurt - have your dia-glove ready. Come on, we have to get closer."

YALE to John: ::Over Gear:: "John, thus is a scanner system, like radar. No pictures or visuals are used, it only senses and displays radar-like images of life forms present. Go cautiously to Morgan, the other form is smaller than us, that's all I can tell you."

Danziger: "Thanks for the information Yale, but I had planned to go cautiously already. It might be smaller, but things on this planet are never what they seem."

Mary: It seemed they'd been trudging along for hours! As they moved, the man's weight bore down heavier and heavier on Mary, until she was almost carrying him. This, naturally, slowed their pace even more. Sighing heavily, Mary stopped, and looked around. At the furthest limits of her vision, she could see the overturned mechanical thing still lying where it had fallen.
*If I could only go through the Earth*, she thought mournfully. *This would go so much faster*! She was roused from her thoughts by the certain knowledge that something was coming towards them ... the something that had been watching her? "Come?" she urged her companion, trying in vain to get the man to move faster then a shuffling walk. As she attempted to pull him along towards a hiding place, she stumbled, and fell, hitting the hard, stony earth with a painful thud.

Danziger: "What the...? They fell!" ::moving in quickly at which point it becomes apparent that the other person is Mary:: "Mary? ::a bit taken back by the surprise:: "Are you alright?"

Julia: ::Follows Danziger, dragging her stuff along. When Danziger says the name Mary, Julia has a look of worry, but it is gone in seconds:: ::activates dia-glove and starts scanning Morgan:: He's got a concussion and a headwound. He's loosing a lot of blood and he's out cold, looks like you have to carry him John. We need to get him back to camp quick, before he bleeds to death.:: goes over to Mary and scans her too:: She seems alright, a little shaken. She must have fell pretty hard, she's gonna have a major headache. I could give her some painkillers of course... should I? :: is deep in thought for a moment:: Nope, she doesn't need them. Come on, Mary. Get up, where going to the rest of the group.

YALE calling down to John and Julia: " Are they both alright? The bioscan led me to you all. I'm calling camp now to tell them you found Morgan, and.......Mary!??"
Yale on 2-way:" Devon, Bess, We found Morgan, he's hurt, but it doesn't look serious. MARY is with him" YALE says in a surprised but curious tone.

Alonzo rushes into Devon's Tent:

Devon: "What's wrong, Alonzo? Did the Terrians find Morgan?"

'Lonzo:: pausing to catch his breath and to calm his nerves, which didn't help at all:: "I was on the Dream Plane talking with a Terrian. He said that some of his tribe have been put to earth. The Terrian I spoke to said that the human they had taken into the earth is gone. That can only mean one thing, Devon. Gaal is out there and he's killing Terrians! How long do you think it will be before he comes after us?"

Yale meets Bess and True as he enters camp:

Yale (coming upon Bess and True on the path leading into camp): " Bess, True, come back to camp. We found Morgan and........Mary. Your Dad and Dr. Heller will be here shortly. Bess, Morgan's hurt, but he'll be fine. Meet us at Julia's tent. "

Bess: "Come on, True, let's get back to camp right away. Yale, did John or Julia say how badly hurt Morgan was? Is he ok? What about Mary? How in the world did she come to be with Morgan?" Bess starts to walk faster on the path back to the middle of camp.

True :: True senses Bess is very stressed. She would be too if it were her dad that was hurt. True is practically running after Bess and Yale. True never did like Morgan but she didn't wish anything bad to happen to him. "Bess, I'm sure Morgan will be ok."

Bess: "Thanks for your concern, True. I know you're not crazy about Morgan. He doesn't mean to be so abrupt with you, he just doesn't know who to ask around pretty little girls." Bess enters the camp and starts looking around for Devon or Al.

Mary hauls herself slowly and painfully off the hard earth, and stands watching the others for a moment. Is this something she really wants to do? Does she really want to join up with these strange people? Sighing, and finally realizing that she really doesn't have a choice, she follows them at a distance. *I Wonder if she is his Mother*, Mary wonders of the woman who'd leaned over her with that strange thing on her hand. *No*, she decides. *He doesn't look thing like her*.
Entering the camp, she finally notices a friendly face -- at least, she thinks it's a friendly face! It's the old man that she'd saved from her Terrian families justice, the one who had wonted her to come with him!
She started towards the tent where they'd taken the injured man, wanting to know if he would be alright, then decides differently. She's a little afraid of the woman with the thing on her hand Mary had the distinct impression the woman didn't like her, and didn't want her around.
So, she runs towards the figure of the old man, instead, but stops just a few feet away. Looking down at her feet, she has no idea what to say to this man ... no idea what to do now!

Danziger with Julia in the Med-tent:

Danziger: ::carrying Morgan into the Med-tent:: "Julia, get to work and see what you can do for him. I'm going to see if I can find Bess. I'll make sure she's not in your way, but I'll also make sure she knows that he is alright." ::stepping out side of the tent and running into Bess, True, and Yale.:: "Oh, hey. Bess, Morgan is alright, Julia is checking him over now. Come with me and we'll get a some water or something, ok?" ::putting his arm around Bess and beginning to walk in the opposite direction:: "Don't worry, he'll be fine." ::Turing around:: "True, come on."

Bess twists away from under Danziger's arm and heads back towards the med-tent. "Thanks John, but I need to see Morgan for myself and know that he's alive." Bess barges into the med-tent. "Julia, is he alright?" Bess rushes over to the cot where Morgan is laying. "Oh my god, He's so pale. What's wrong with him?"

Outside:

True :: A relieved look comes over her face :: "Dad, you're back!!! It seems like it was forever! Are you ok?"

Danziger: "Yes True girl, I'm fine. I know I haven't had too much time to spend with you lately, but I promise that we'll do whatever you want tomorrow and I'll spend the better half of the day with you. I promise. I have a feeling we won't be moving too much anyhow, that is until Morgan gets he's strength back." ::looking at Yale:: "It just seems like it is one thing after another around here, doesn't it?" ::suddenly looking at True confused:: "Hey little girl, shouldn't you be in bed?"

True : : Looking a little nervous and apprehensive :: "Yeah Dad I know you have been busy with everything, I understand. Do you? Do you promise to spend some time with me tomorrow? We, uh, we need to talk. OK? : : True suddenly yawns : : "Yeah I guess I am tired."

YALE : " Come along True, It's well past your bedtime, child. Uly's been asleep for an hour. John. let Bess have time with Morgan, she's a wreck. Devon, help her, I'll be right back, see you all in the med-tent. I'll get Mary settled in with True for now. Come along Mary, we'll make you comfortable. " They head off for the Danziger tent.

True :: Suddenly stops and turns to Yale :: "NO!!!! I want to stay with my Dad! I don't know who Mary is and she looks weird. :: True starts to let go of Yale's hand and go back to her father :: "I want my Dad to put me to bed. I have to talk to him. It's very important!"

Danziger: ::to True:: "Ok, ok. No one is going to make you do anything." ::picking True up:: "Don't worry about her Yale, I'll put her to bed. I'm pretty tired myself, so I think I'll be turning in anyway. Make sure someone is looking after Bess." ::shrugging:: "Maybe you could put Mary in the Martin's tent - looks like nether will be sleeping there tonight." ::looking at True and heading off to their Tent:: "Now True girl, what is so important?"

Mary: Mary watches as the man picks up the little girl, and carries her away. Once they are gone, she looks up at the old man questioningly. "Has the hurt one found his Mother?" she asks him softly. "She will be ... worried for him."

 

PART FOUR SOON