Fic: Dukesblade: Gabriel gets a (small) lesson in jailbreak

Author: Selena

Fandom: Witchblade/DOH

Email: kennedy_bowman@yahoo.co.uk

pairing: None this chapter

Rating: PG

Summery: See title

Disclaimer: See previous, it still applies.


Gabriel gets a (small) lesson in jailbreak
By Selena


Gabriel was well and truly depressed, he looked around the small cell and sighed loudly before throwing himself down on his tiny bunk. He realized that this was a bad idea, the bunk wasn’t well cushioned and he winced as pain shot up his spine. Bo snickered from where he was lying on the opposite bunk. Gabriel did his best to ignore him but it was hard. He looked over at the other man. Bo was lying flat out, his feet hanging over the edge of the bunk; he had his hands behind his head and his eyes closed.

“You look comfortable.” Gabriel noted.

“You get used to it.”

“I don’t want to get used to it. Where is that dumb ass sheriff? I want my phone call.” Bo snickered again. “You think this is funny?” Gabriel grumbled

“Oh I think it’s hilarious. You ain’t in your fancy pants world anymore, boy. Things are different here.”

“You know, I hadn’t noticed” Gabriel said sarcastically as stood up and began pacing the confines of the cell.

“Will you quit that!” Bo snapped, “Just sit sown and relax.”

“Relax? How the hell can you tell me to relax?” Gabriel whirled on the prone man.

Bo sat up, stretched and yawned loudly. “Just sit down and relax” he said again “And wait.”

“Wait? Wait for what?”

“Hey, Bo. Bo’s friend” An all to cheerful voice cooed from outside the holding area. Bo looked up, a huge grin splitting his face.

“Hey, Enos.” Bo said, “It’s good to see you”

Enos bumbled into the holding area, precariously balancing two trays. Each tray held a small plate and a glass of water. He put one tray down on the rickety guards table and fed the other one through the special hole in the bars of the cell door. He held it there waiting for one of the occupants to take it. Bo leapt up from his bunk and grabbed the tray before Enos could drop it, which he looked like he was about to do. Bo then handed the tray to Gabriel who eyed the meager meal warily. Enos gave the other tray to Bo, who took it to his bunk and dug in to the food hungrily. Gabriel put his meal aside and sipped the water.

“I am real sorry you are here, Bo” Enos said sadly

“Look, Enos. I really need to talk to Luke. I have to make sure that he is Ok. Can we have a phone call?”

Enos paled and looked at the floor, shifting uncomfortably in his chair. “I can’t let you do that, Bo. Sheriff Roscoe told me that I was not to let you two out of that cell or out of my sight for any reason.”

“Hey, that’s not fair!” Gabriel shouted, Bo glared at him.

“Now, Enos,” Bo said with mock patience, “that ain’t right and you know it.”

“Yes, yes I do, Bo. But that’s what the sheriff told me.”

Bo stood up and walked over to the cell door, he out his hands on the bars and looked down at his friend. “Enos,” he said softly “You know that it’s not right. It’s against the law to withhold our rights. And if there is one thing I know it’s the rights when you are in jail.”

Gabriel watched the conversation incredulously. You would never get away with this in New York. Hell you would be lucky if you could get the guard to talk to you at all. Enos looked like he was going to cry and in that moment Bo felt so sorry for him. All Enos wants to do is be an honest lawman, which in this town, with Roscoe and Boss Hogg ruling the roost, being honest is a really hard thing to be.

“Enos,” Bo said again “I have to phone Luke.” He paused for a minute, he really hated to do this but he knew that if he wanted to get out of this cell he was going to have to play dirty. And Enos really had only one real weak spot. “I have to tell him that I may know of a way to help Daisy.”

Enos looked up at Bo, hope flaring in his eyes. It had been hard on Enos, seeing the girl he was in love with change so drastically. “Help Daisy, well why didn’t you say so!’ Enos reached for the keys attached to his belt, he fumbled them in his haste to open the door. He quickly bent down and scooped them up. Eventually he got the door open and Bo and Gabriel stepped out. Bo looked at his friend; Enos saw the guilt in his eyes and shook his head. “No Bo, don’t.” Bo grabbed the keys from Enos’s hands and gently pushed the deputy back into the cell, locking the door behind him. “BO!”

“I’m real sorry, Enos. Now I don’t know how much you know about what is going on here. Probably as much as me, which is nothing. But I do know that you will be safer in here than we will be out there.” Pocketing the keys he motioned for Gabriel to follow him. Together they walked out of the station. Gabriel looked around, but try as he might, he couldn’t see any more deputy’s. Outside of the sheriff’s office, Gabriel grabbed Bo’s arm bringing the taller man to a halt. Gabriel turned Bo to face him and craned his neck to look at him.

“No way, it can’t be that easy!”

Bo shook off Gabriel’s hand. “Believe me, boy. It can” Bo said as he ran over to where the General was conveniently parked. Bo unhooked the towrope attaching his baby to the patrol car. Gleefully he slipped behind the wheel and gunned the engine. “Are you coming or what?” Gabriel sighed dejectedly, remembering his last ride in that damn car. Awkwardly we climbed into the passenger side. Bo shifted the car into gear and sped off. When he was sure that the awful orange car had gone, Ian stepped out of the shadows. He had hoped that Sara would have come for the boy, but this way was so much better.

“Oh yes, boy” He muttered, “It can be that easy.”


END