Title: Making A Point

Author/pseudonym: Angelise

Where to go for more of my fic: http://writingonthewall.slashcity.net/~angelise7/toc.htm

Angelise's Update List--for those who want first dibs on the *entire* story http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AngeliseUpdate

Fandom: Due South

Rating: PG

Pairing: RayK/Fraser

Category: established relationship/humor/PWP

Date: 3-17-04

Disclaimer: This work is not intended as an infringement upon the rights of those that own these characters and is meant solely for non-profit entertainment purposes only.

Author's note: Recently I had the joy of watching Paul Gross' movie, 'Men with Brooms.' For those of you who have not seen this picture, I'll only go as far as to say it deals with the sport of curling. The drabble that follows was inspired by a wicked thought the muse hit me with. Enjoy!

Summary: Curling can be hazardous to your health.



Making A Point
By Angelise
+++++++


"I'm sorry, Ray."

"Not enough, Frase."

"I am *very* sorry, Ray."

"Nope, still not enough."

"I am *extremely* sorry, Ray, and promise to be your humble servant until the time at which you are completely healed of your injury."

"That's better. Humble servant, indeed. More ice, then . . . please."

"Your wish is my command, Detective Kowalski."

"I do believe I'm gonna enjoy you bein' beholden to me, Frase."

"How is the ice, sir?"

"Perfect."

"You do realize, Ray, that this was not entirely my fault and that you, also, must accept some of the responsibility for your injury."

"Excuse me? I'm not the one who . . ."

"You distracted me."

"And just how did I do that?"

"You know perfectly well how you distracted my attention, Detective."

"Refresh my memory, Constable."

"Ray . . . . "

"You're blushing."

"I am not."

"Yep. That's a bona-fide blush on them there cheeks, Fancy Pants."

"Ray!"

"I'm waiting."

"Waiting?"

"To have my memory refreshed."

"I'll . . . ."

"What was that, Frase? I didn't quite hear ya."

"I said . . . I'd be *more* than happy to refresh your memory."

"That's better. Refresh away, my man."

"You are the most exasperating, most obdurate . . . ."

"Now, now. Is that any way for a respected member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to speak of a wounded colleague?"

"You were waving your manhood at me, Ray! How did you expect me to react?"

"Don't get all huffy with me, Fraser! I'm the injured party here. Besides, I was trying to make a point."

"I apologize for my outburst."

"You're forgiven, Love Muffin. Now, as I was saying . . . I was trying to make a point."

"And, I'm sure it was a most noteworthy point, Ray."

"Was? I'll have you know my *point* is *always* noteworthy."

"Yes, Ray. It is definitely most noteworthy."

"Damn straight, Constable. And don't you forget it."

"Ray?"

"Yes?"

"Would you enlighten me of the point you were trying to make when I . . . "

". . . when you tried to flatten my foot into a pancake, Frase? Is that what you were going to say?"

"No, Ray. I was going to say . . . Um . . . umm . . . ummmmmmmm."

"You were saying?"

"Uh . . . well . . . I . . . what were we talking about?"

"You wanted me to remind you of the point I was trying to make when you decided to flatten my foot into a pancake with that damn two-ton plaything of yours. Good thing I was wearin' my steel toe boots."

"Ray, I believe you are over exaggerating. The stone does not weigh two tons."

"Tell that to my foot, Curling Cutie."

"Ray!"

"Do you want to know what my point was or not?"

"Yes, Ray. I want to know."

"I was about to say . . . a little to the left, Frase . . . yeah, that's better, much better. My point was . . . oh hell! You've made me forget what my point was."

"Maybe you'll remember if we review the subject that provoked my inauspicious blunder."

"Review? Hope it's gonna be a hands-on review. You know how I like . . . oh yeah, Frase. Review it, partner. Review it a little harder, if you don't mind."

"Your wish is my command, Ray."



The end