Title: Lady in Red

Author: Kim Lowe

Rating: NC-17

Pairings: Benton Fraser/RayK

Spoilers: "Eclipse"; the story takes place right after "Eclipse," once the day is over and Ray has returned to his apartment; I supposed minor ones for"Some Like It Red."

Warnings: slash; expletives; and if you consider cross-dressing kinky, then so be it

Disclaimer: All the usual. Plus, the lyrics to "Lady in Red" are copyrighted by Chris de Burgh.

Archiving: I’d love to have it archived anywhere, but please tell me if you do!

Feedback: necessary for life

Notes: If you don’t know the song "Lady in Red" and want to hear it (and your browser supports sound files), go to: http://members.xoom.com/rpeng/ and the song will start playing automatically once the page has downloaded.

Many thanks to my betas, Corrinne S. and Lucky13. =)


Lady In Red

by Kim Lowe

 

Ray Kowalski was shuffling around in his apartment, swaying to a slow song on the stereo. After the party for his supposed birthday, he'd come home and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt, and was now wearing only the sweatpants and a layer of sweat. He had his arms wrapped around his body, trying to imagine his dance partner. The problem was, his imagination was not cooperating. All he could think about was Ben. Ben, coming to find him and give him another guy's birthday present--the real Ray Vecchio's incredible birthday present. Ben, throwing him that other guy's birthday party. Ben telling Ray he found him attractive...but, no, that was something he was "not really qualified to judge." All he wanted was a straight answer from the guy, and Ben seemed to have the 'straight' part down, but he wouldn't come clean on his true thoughts. Shit.

Ray walked over and turned up the music, trying to do anything to drown out his thoughts.

You will not think about Benton Fraser. You will concentrate on attainable females like Stella. Well, females like Stella anyway. You will not think about how gorgeous Fraser looked this morning when he came to get you. You will not think about his voice when he said he'd be honored...damn it!

Ray's body was gyrating almost frantically to the languid pace of the music, as though he were fighting a physical battle against the desire in his mind. He had one hand in his hair, pressing the spiky strands against his now aching skull; the other was on his hip, periodically slipping down to grip the muscles in his thigh, then over the bulge starting to appear in his pants. With all his not thinking about Ben, Ray's fingers were slipping down to caress that bulge more and more frequently. He was just about to give in and have a nice, old-fashioned jerk-off session to visions of the beautiful Mountie when someone started knocking at the door. The person was knocking very, very lightly and politely, and the sound was barely audible over his loud music. "Fuck, who's that?"

The tapping continued, getting slightly louder and more insistent. Ray grabbed the remote and turned down the volume on his stereo, then walked over to the door. He scrubbed his hands over his face to try to get rid of some of the obvious sweat and excitement, and to keep those itching hands as far from his groin as possible. When he reached the door, Ray stopped, cracked his neck, and struck the most casual pose he could muster in his current state. Then he reached out and yanked the door open, startling the incessant knocker on the other side. Or should I say knockout? Ray wondered.

In front of him was a tall, luscious person with long auburn hair, a nice body shrouded in a bright red dress, and deep, blue-gray eyes. A song popped into his head out of nowhere. Like those invisible orchestras that start playin' during sappy scenes in a movie or something, Ray thought.

I've never seen you lookin' so lovely as you did tonight...

Ray raised an eyebrow, then backed away from the door, allowing entrance while not necessarily encouraging it. Irritated at the sudden appearance of the object of his affection--er, thoughts--in his doorway, he muttered, "Aw, Frase, what the hell are you doing here?"

Another set of eyebrows shot up then quickly dropped again, along with long lashes which drooped to shade those incredible eyes...Ray shook himself. You'd think he was reading my mind about wanting him but trying to think about women. Why does my life have to be so nuts?

Lookin' for a little romance, given half a chance...

"Well, Ray, actually, I had something to explain to you." The soft, feminine voice floated into the room. Miss Fraser stepped forward, moving into the apartment and closer to Ray. Ben's mind was going a thousand miles a minute, trying to process the fact that Ray Kowalski had recognized immediately what Ray Vecchio had not been able to believe at first.

"Is that so?" Ray bit his tongue, fighting to control the numerous emotions raging through his body, not the least of which seemed to be animal lust.

I have never seen that dress you're wearing...

"Yes, it is. I needed to clarify some points from our earlier discussion. On whether or not I found you attractive." Ben's pitched voice was clear and confident, betraying none of the doubts he was feeling about his current actions. His words were having a much more visual effect on Ray, though--his face was an even brighter red than it had been (from what exactly??) when he'd answered the door. He looked...flushed. Flushed and entirely too sexy, in Ben's opinion. He didn't know how much longer he could go before he just pinned Ray to the wall and kissed him.

Why the hell is he lookin' at me like that? Jeez, I feel like some bug he's about to squish and eat off the street. Ray was squirming under Ben's scrutiny. "What? What is it you need to clarify about that particular discussion, exactly?"

"Firstly, you told me to think of you as if I were a woman. I am proving what I think in such a situation."

Ray's words were strangled, and he plunked down onto the closest chair he could find. "Yeah? Guess that's why you're talking like one."

Or the highlights in your hair that catch your eyes...

Ben's eyes lit up with mirth. "Yes, indeed. Secondly, I wanted to show what I think of you when I am 'qualified to judge.' And, thirdly," he continued, his tongue unconsciously flicking out over his lower lip, "I thought you might be more comfortable dancing with me if I looked and spoke like this."

Ray choked. "Dancing? Who said anything about dancing? What the hell are you tryin' to do?"

I have been blind.

"Ah, you see, when I was here earlier, I discovered your dance steps marked on the floor--" Ah, perhaps that is why he is red, he was already dancing before I arrived... Ben kept his voice calm and as low as he could in the higher range, as though he were talking to a frightened animal. "And, well, I was hoping that you might be willing to dance with me. But I wasn't sure whether I was wrong about the signals I have been receiving from you, so I didn't know how receptive you would be to me appearing at your door requesting a dance dressed as my usual self..." He was babbling now, and he knew it.

Ray laughed, a harsh, nervous, almost wheezing sound. "Fraser, what signals? What are you talking about? I mean, what...? Shit. Why do you wanna dance with me?" I don't know about this, this is crazy, this is...

Lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek...

Or maybe this might be nice... Ray's thoughts were jumbled.

He gazed at Ben's face and saw a thumb go over an eyebrow, followed by a ghost of a smile crossing his lips. "Because I do find you attractive." No questions about if that was okay, or if Ray felt the same, just a simple statement. One made by a man who happened to be using a woman's voice and clothing.

There's nobody here, it's just you and me, it's where I wanna be...

"Oh...uh. Wow." Suddenly Ray grinned, his cocky confidence returning. Yeah, this could definitely be good. Pushing himself up off the chair and moving it out of the way, he said lightly, "Hey, why didn't you just say that earlier?"

"I didn't want to express my feelings in front of all the others. I was planning a more private moment--like this." The vision in red moved forward slightly, closer to Ray. "May we dance, Ray? Please?" That voice dug into Ray's skin and settled there, caressing and holding him.

But I hardly know this beauty by my side...

Ray couldn't wipe the smile from his face, and it was oh, so contagious. Ben's cheeks were lit with a smile--So bright you could light up Chicago with it, I bet. I gotta get this racket turned off if we're gonna dance to something, Ray thought to himself. "Yeah, sure. Just let me put on a different song first."

"Really, this one is fine--"

"Nah, I know a better one, just hang on for a minute." Ray sauntered over to the CD player and rooted through a small pile of disks next to it on the shelf. Damn, that thing better be here...good, okay. He plucked the Chris de Burgh single from its CD case, dropped it into the player, and adjusted the volume again, but he didn't hit 'play' yet. Instead, he walked slowly back towards Fraser, snagging the remote as he went. When he reached Ben, he extended a hand towards him, then hit the 'play' button and tossed the remote aside with the other.

The first strains of the music started, echoing the song that had been swirling around inside Ray's head since Ben had appeared at his door. Ben took his proffered hand and settled another large, warm palm on Ray's shoulder. He moved in close when he felt Ray's free hand curve around his waist. As "Lady in Red" began to float through the room, it sank into both men's minds.

They looked into each other's eyes and started swaying gently, Ben trying to relax and yield the lead role to Ray.

The singer claimed, "I have never seen that dress you're wearing, or the highlights in your hair that catch your eyes; I have been blind." As Ben heard them he blushed, a long slow blush that only deepened with the words of the chorus: "Lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek." He ducked his head, resting it on Ray's shoulder and trying to hide his reddened face.

Ray pulled Ben as close as he could, drawing him into something that was more of an embrace than a dance hold. As they moved, Ben's dress made soft swishing sounds, rippling back and forth against Ray's hips. Ray closed his eyes briefly. He heard a deep, somehow sad, sigh escape Ben's mouth and land heavily on his ear. Ray lifted his hand from Ben's shoulder and slid it under his chin, raising it so their eyes met.

The singer was saying, "It's just you and me, it's where I wanna be..." and in his head, Ray was agreeing. But maybe Ben wasn't so sure.

"Ray..." Fraser was trying to maintain the higher pitch to a voice now straining with emotion.

"Yeah, Frase? What is it? What's wrong? Do you..." A note of self-doubt crept into Ray's question. "Do you want to stop?"

"No, no. Not a'tall. I just haven't done this for a very long time."

"What? Slow dancin'?" Ray teased.

"No--well, yes, that, too, but that's not what I meant, I meant . . . holding someone. Being held. Being..." Ben slid his chin abruptly from Ray's gentle grasp and laid his head on Ray's shoulder again, inhaling his scent like it could intoxicate him.

"Being what? And just how long has it been?" How can anyone keep from touching you? I don't even know how I did it before now... Ray turned his head to press his cheek against the soft, silky hair woven into Ben's wig.

Ben's response was pushed out in a half-sob. "Never mind. Just holding and being held by someone."

Now Ray was upset. "No way, there was something else. What was it? Being wanted? Is that it? S'been a long time since you been wanted?" He felt moisture pool gradually on his bare shoulder and slip away, knowing it was from Ben's silent tears. Ray also knew that tons of women would kill to sleep with Fraser, but that he probably needed more than that to feel truly wanted.

Ray waited patiently for an answer, aching for Fraser. Ray brought his hand around to the back of Ben's head then up underneath the mass of auburn hair to lightly stroke the nape of his neck. He fingered the tiny curls of Ben's real hair that were sticking out there.

"Ray, please--" Ben felt upset and confused. This isn't part of the plan, he's not supposed to know...just stick to the plan, be the woman he might want and not the man he doesn't...

"No, I wanna know, and you're gonna tell me. Is that it?"

"Yes, though I don't see how it makes any--"

"Shut up, it makes a lot of difference, y'know, I mean--"

It was Ray's turn to get cut off.

"Why?" Ben straightened, standing stock still in his arms and giving Ray a piercing look he would never forget. Fraser allowed his voice to revert to its normal pitch and tone, speaking quickly but matter-of-factly. "Yes, it's been a long time since I've been wanted, and it will be a long time before I am wanted. It's as simple as that." A resigned look had settled over his features like a gray fog, dampening the beauty which naturally resided there.

Ray was incredulous at how this man seemed to find his loneliness normal, like he deserved it. Ben's eyes squeezed shut momentarily, which Ray took as a silent testimony to the difficulty Ben felt at being so open. The next words came out slowly, as though each one required extra effort. "I...no one...no matter how much I want or even love someone, they never want or love me enough to stay with me. It's a fact I've come to accept over time." Ben's eyes were filled with tears he now stubbornly refused to shed.

Light dawned in Ray's eyes; Ben saw it and tried to move away, but Ray held tight. "Fraser. I want you."

As the song sent the words, "And when you turned to me and smiled, it took my breath away," out into the room, Ben responded hopefully, but still with a resolute undertone to his voice. "You do?"

"Yeah. And I'm not going to leave you. I'm here to stay."

"I see." Blue-gray eyes were alight with more tears.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing? You have to tell me, 'cause I don't know what you're thinking yet."

He doesn't know yet, Ben thought. 'I like that.' He touched a hand to Ray's cheek for just a moment. "I think it's good."

"Good. Then can we finish the dance now? There's not much left to the song, and I don't want to miss any of it with you." Ray's eyes sparkled, and Ben smiled. They began dancing again, moving lightly across the floor. Arms tightened, heads snuggled closer, bodies pressed inward. No room for space between us, Ray thought.

"Hey, Fraser, I'm glad you waited to tell me how you felt before. And I'm glad you came here tonight."

"As am I. I was wondering, though..."

"What?"

"What made you choose this song?"

"You really gotta ask?" Ray laughed, but not mockingly.

"Well . . . "

"Because--" Ray paused to time it just right, so that Chris de Burgh finished his sentence for him. "Right now, you are..."

"My lady in red."

"I see. So you have been thinking all of these things about me?" Ben asked thoughtfully.

Just then, the singer whispered the last words: "I love you."

Ray shrugged, momentarily dropping his arms from Ben's body as the song ended on such a raw, open note. "Sure."

"You mean, you . . . ?" Ben was almost incredulous, holding tightly to Ray's hand.

"Look, I don't know for sure, y'know? But I wouldn't say I don't."

"And I wouldn't say that I don't feel the same. We seem to have an inexplicable connection."

"Yeah, inculpable, that's it."

"'Inexplicable,'" Ben corrected gently.

"Isn't that what I said?" Ray's hands had slipped up to caress the sides of his face.

Ben just smiled, fingers now resting lightly on Ray's hips. "Something like that."

"Hey, Frase?" Ray asked mischievously.

"Yes, Ray?" One eyebrow arched upwards.

"You can get out of that woman gear now."

"Really? That would be nice."

"Yeah. As pretty a picture as ya' might make in it, you never really needed to be wearing it in the first place. Besides, you're already talking in a man's voice again, and it's a little disconcerting."

"Well, you did ask whether I would find you attractive if I were a woman, and I wanted to demonstrate that I did."

"Okay, mission accomplished. I just didn't want to get too personal in front of everyone. I felt dumb enough already, asking that stuff and exposin' myself like that." Ben coughed at his choice of words, and Ray grinned. "Doesn't matter now, though. So, you can change out of that stuff."

"All right." But he stayed there, just standing still.

"I mean, you can get out of it now."

Ben blushed once again. "Ah."

"Here, I'll help you." Like that's not somethin' I'd want to do anyway, undress a gorgeous Mountie. Removing his hands from Ben's face, Ray began to slowly divest Fraser of his 'woman gear,' starting with the red dress. He unbuttoned it, then slid it off Ben's shoulders. This action revealed a rather silly-looking, stuffed and padded bra strapped across a wide torso, a pair of thigh-highs clinging tightly to muscular legs, and some silky briefs that had the man in them turning an even deeper shade of crimson. Wouldn'a thought that was possible, Ray chuckled to himself. He twirled Ben around like they were still dancing, catching him at the back to unclasp the brassiere, then bringing him back around.

Ben almost started to laugh. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yep, I actually am. How 'bout you?"

"Yes, I'm certain. Shouldn't I help you remove your clothing as well?"

A sort of snorting giggle escaping from Ray's mouth drew Ben's attention to the slightly uneven curve of the red lips. He has such an appealing mouth, Ben thought absently.

"See, the thing is, even now--" Ray gently pulled the wig off Fraser's head, then ran his fingers through the damp, flattened, brown hair beneath. "Even now, you're still wearin' one more article of clothing than me."

Ben looked down at his own body, at the nylons and underwear. Then he looked at Ray's body, saw the baggy sweatpants and realized there was nothing underneath them. "Oh, dear."

Ray felt his earlier hard-on reappearing, and Ben didn't look like he could tear his eyes away from that section of Ray's pants. "Boy, you'd think you'd never seen one before or something."

Ben looked back at Ray's face, saw he was teasing, and smiled a little. "Hmm. Well, we'll save that discussion for later. Right now, I think we ought to just continue disrobing."

"Uh...okay." Ray put his hands on Ben's hips to pull him closer, holding the firm body against his own. What do you know, I'm not the only one gettin' hard. Ray grinned broadly, then reached down and started rolling off the tight thigh-highs. When he got to the bottom, Ray had ended up on his knees, and Ben had to put a hand on his shoulder to keep himself steady as Ray pulled the stockings off his feet one at a time. Glancing up, Ray smiled at their positions, then winked at Fraser. Nah. We'll save that for next time. Or at least later this time... He stood up again, flinging the pantyhose aside. "Last call." He leaned in and pressed his lips to Ben's, just a light touch, a promise of things to come. Then he pulled away, licking his lips and tasting Ben on his mouth.

Ben's cock was begging him to pay it some attention. "Yes. Please, Ray." He hesitantly placed a hand against the large bulge tenting Ray's sweatpants and squeezed it very lightly; in fact, it would have been imperceptible had Ray not been so sensitive in that particular area.

"Unhh. I think I'd like you to keep doin' that."

Gaining confidence, Ben playfully said, "Ah, you think so? Not sure, detective?" His eyes had a devilish tint as he stroked his fingers back...and forth...and back...and forth over Ray's erection.

"Ohhh, yeah. I'm sure. Keep that up."

"Well, it's certainly clear you won't have any trouble keeping that up."

Ray stared at Ben. "Geez, where did...oooohh...where did you come from? You can't...mmmm...you can't be Benton Fraser, RCMP."

The joke was apparently lost on Ben. "Oh, indeed, I am. Do you need to validate my identification?'

Then again, maybe he did get it, Ray mused, watching as Ben used his free hand to pull at his briefs, tugging them down as far as he could one-handed. He pretended to study the 'identification' intently. "Well, I don't think my measuring that would work quite as well for ID as your measuring my nose," Ray commented. "But you want some help with it anyway?"

"No, actually. I have something else in mind."

"Oh, real--" Ray couldn't even get the second word out of his mouth before Ben's tongue went into it. Their mouths were intertwined so quickly it made Ray's head spin.

Ben attributed his own dizzy feeling to the electricity that seemed to be flowing between their bodies. He would later compare it to being in the middle of a thunderstorm: everything crashing around him, thunder booming through his bones, lights dazzling his eyes, skin becoming moist...but at that moment, all Ben could think about was Ray. Ray's mouth, blended so perfectly against his own that it didn't seem like there were two pairs of lips anymore. Ray's tongue, sliding so slowly into his mouth and touching his own, then performing a dance in his mouth that would rival Michael Flatley's limber appendages in speed and talent. Ray's hands, one running up and down his back, the other twisting in his hair. Ray's cock, oh, God, Ray's cock...pressing against the restraining sweatpants to nuzzle his own and find a niche between his thighs...Ben slipped his hands down to cup Ray's ass, pulling his body as close to his own as possible.

"Are we--" Ray mumbled against his mouth. "I mean--where are we going with this?...mmm..."

I feel like my mouth is on fire and it's just goin' down and down ...

"I'd say we're going wherever you want to be going, Ray," Fraser replied in a breathless, heated tone.

Ray chuckled throatily, and his voice was huskier than usual. "Hmm, I like the sound of that."

Ben just pulled him in for another deep kiss, pressing their mouths together and wrapping his arms closely around Ray's body. He tilted his head to tongue the edge of Ray's ear, whispering, "I like the sound of you." Ben inhaled deeply somewhere near his shoulder. "And the smell of you." He nibbled Ray's lip, looking into his eyes to watch his reaction. "And the sight of you." He gave an easy stroke to Ray's cock. "And the feel of you." His tongue made a long, slow swipe at the gently raised veins in Ray's neck. "And most definitely the taste of you."

Ray let his head tip back as Ben's tongue continued its journey up and down his throat. He ran the fingers of one hand across Ben's chest and tugged lightly at the hardened nipples, grinning mischievously when he heard a moan. He brought his other hand up and began kneading the muscles in Ben's shoulder, rubbing and stroking them with skill. A long, low moan turned into a heated breath which Ben trailed down to Ray's chest. Ray dug his fingers more deeply into Ben's skin. He dragged his free hand up to the neglected shoulder and pressed against the tense muscle he found there while Fraser planted soft, light kisses on his torso.

When he felt Ben's slick tongue caressing his nipple, Ray took a deep breath and pushed him away. Ben's brow creased in confusion until Ray said, "Bed. In there. Now."

Ray took his hand and led him into the bedroom, then eased him down onto the bed. He--finally!--removed his own sweatpants, tossing them onto the floor before sliding up next to Ben on the bed. As soon as he could reach Fraser's mouth, Ray kissed it, hard. He put one hand on either side of Ben's body and lowered himself down on top.

He slowly ended the kiss, then started licking eagerly at Ben's sweat-moistened face. Gradually, Ray's tongue slipped down, leaving a trail of damp spots, circling teasingly around very stiff nipples, then coming to rest at Ben's navel. He dipped his tongue in and slightly tickled the man lying beneath him, delighting in the response it elicited. Ben's hips lifted from the bed, urging Ray's tongue deeper and his mouth closer, and a breathy groan filled the air. Ray twisted his tongue into Ben's belly, savoring the mixture of flavors and the pervasive scent of his arousal. After a few more moments of thrusting (and no small amount of grunting and heaving from Ben), Ray tongued his way down between Ben's legs. He lapped swiftly at heavy balls, then ran his tongue up and down the straining surface of Ben's cock. Ben moaned loudly, pressing the palm of one hand into Ray's hair. Then, just as Ray was about to envelope the dripping cock with his mouth, Ben slipped his hands down underneath Ray's arms and pulled him up full-length on top of him again.

Before Ray could question the change, Ben yanked his head down and kissed him. This kiss was wild and fervent and overwhelming. Ben maintained the kiss until they had to separate to be able to breathe. When he let go of Ray's head, Ben moved his hands down to caress the globes of Ray's ass and hold their bodies firmly together. Ray bent his head to Ben's and initiated another kiss, at the same time moving his hips against Ben's.

Soon he was pumping his lower body up and down against Ben's, trying to increase the friction, increase the feeling, increase the pleasure of their erections grinding together. Ben held tightly to Ray's ass, thrusting up with the rhythm Ray had set. He held his head above the pillow so he could still reach Ray's mouth, and he tried to put into each kiss all the emotions he felt--passion, desire, love, and need, among a multitude of others. Ray grunted, his body heaving as he began to come against Ben's. Fraser followed him shortly, crying out desperately into the heated enclosure of Ray's mouth.

Ray continued to rock gently into Ben's final thrusts, then he rolled over to lie next to him. Shortly after Ben folded him into the circle of his arms, Ray was fast asleep. After a while, Fraser eased himself out of the bed and left the bedroom. He returned soon and carefully deposited a blob of something on Ray's closet door, then climbed back into bed. He wrapped his arms even more closely around Ray this time, and his deep breathing quickly joined Ray's.

Some hours later, Ray's eyes fluttered open and he yawned, stretching languorously. His hand made sudden contact with something large and warm. Glancing over, Ray smiled and very gently stroked the muscled planes of Ben's chest, admiring the silky smoothness of it. He drew his eyes away from Ben's body and slowly got out of bed. Ray headed toward the window, wondering whether he was early enough to see the sunrise. Doubtful, he snorted to himself. After last night, I'm amazed I woke up at all, let alone this early! Ray peered out the window, getting caught full in the face with a bright ray of sunlight. He ducked his head quickly, and saw a flash of omething red out of the corner of his eye.

Ray shook his head rapidly, thinking it was probably just spots from his confrontation with the sun moments before. But when he lifted his head again, Ray still saw red--Ben's dress was hanging neatly on a hanger on the back of his closet door. He chuckled softly and walked over to it. Ray ran his hands

over the soft material, remembering the way it had felt covering Ben's body, and he closed his eyes briefly. He brought the hem of the dress to his nose and inhaled, catching a mix of smells--including a perfume he hadn't really noticed the night before. Ray took another deep breath and thought again about everything that had happened with the man who'd been wearing the dress in his hands. "Fraser... " he breathed.

"Yes, Ray?" a soft voice answered, startling him so much that he pulled the dress off its hanger and onto the floor.

"Huh? Oh, I was just, um--well, I thought I'd...I dunno." Ray shrugged sheepishly and glanced at the floor.

Ben just smiled sweetly at him and gestured for him to return to the bed. Ray re-hung the dress and complied quickly, climbing back up next to Ben on the bed. He settled onto his side, head propped on one hand as he gazed at Ben.

Ben turned to face him, cocking his head to one side. "Well, Stanley Raymond 'my Dad had a thing for Brando' Kowalski, have I convinced you yet that I truly find you very attractive?"

Ray grinned then pressed his lips together firmly. "You know, I think I might still need a little bit more reassurance, Benton 'I first came to Chicago' Fraser."

"As you wish," Ben returned. His eyes sparkled brightly, and Ray actually thought he saw him wink before suddenly ducking and taking Ray's quickly-growing erection into his mouth.

Ray gasped loudly and bucked into the warm wetness. "Ohhh, fuck." He felt Ben's tongue maneuvering around his cock in previously unfathomable ways, and he grabbed onto a nearby pillow, clinging to it with taut fists. "How the hell are you...where did you...oh, I don't give a damn, just keep on doing it."

Apparently taking this as a cue, Ben sucked Ray's cock as deeply as possible between his lips. He started a rhythm of strong, slow suction and made sure to run the curve of his tongue over the head every time he reached it. After the enthusiastic passion of the night before, Ray thought he would be able to handle the slower pace just then, maybe even prefer it. But he was wrong, and within moments Ben was sliding up to rest his head on Ray's chest, licking his lips contentedly.

"Jesus Christ, do all Mounties know that trick?" Ray tried vainly to control his harsh breathing.

"Not all of them, Ray. I take it, then, that you enjoyed that?" Ben asked lightly.

Still half-gasping for breath, Ray said, "Ding, ding! You definitely get the prize on that one." He tried to pull Fraser up beside him so he could kiss the lips that had just given him so much pleasure, but Ben resisted being moved from his place against Ray's body. "Hey, come up here. What's wrong?"

Ben pressed a kiss to Ray's abdomen before responding. "Nothing's wrong, Ray. Everything is right." Playing a hand over the glistening belly beneath his head, he continued, "I just want to feel you breathe for a little while longer, if you don't mind too much."

Ray slid one hand under Ben's chin and the other behind his head, turning the beloved face up towards his, and he smiled widely. "I don't mind a bit, Benton-buddy. Any way you want to feel me is fine with me."

********

I've never seen you lookin' so lovely as you did tonight--

I've never seen you shine so bright, mhmmhmmhmm.

I've never seen so many men

Ask you if you wanted to dance,

Lookin' for a little romance

Given half a chance.

I have never seen that dress you're wearing

Or the highlights in your hair that catch your eyes;

I have been blind.

Lady in red

Is dancing with me

Cheek to cheek.

There's nobody here.

It's just you and me.

It's where I wanna be,

But I hardly know

This beauty by my side.

I'll never forget

The way you look tonight.

I've never seen you lookin' so gorgeous as you did tonight.

I've never seen you shine so bright;

You were amazing.

I've never seen so many people

Wanna be there by your side.

And when you turned to me and smiled,

It took my breath away.

I have never had such a feeling

Such a feeling of complete and utter love

As I do tonight.

Lady in red

Is dancing with me

Cheek to cheek.

There's nobody here.

It's just you and me.

It's where I wanna be,

But I hardly know

This beauty by my side.

I'll never forget

The way you look tonight.

I never will forget

The way you look tonight.

The lady in red.

The lady in red.

The lady in red.

My lady in red.

I love you.

--Chris de Burgh, "Lady in Red"