Title: Good While It Lasted

Author: Amy B.

Fandom: Due South

Pairing: Ray Kowalski/Renfield Turnbull

Rating: NC-17

Disclaimer: The characters from Due South do not belong to me, but I treat them like they do. They are, in fact, property of Alliance, etc.

Archive: Yes, please.

Feedback: Yes, please at jb7811@bellsouth.net and thank you kindly.

Series/sequel: Nope, Stand Alone PWP

Date: July, 1999

Notes: This is NOT a fixit. I do believe RayK belongs with Fraser forever and ever amen. This takes place before that happens (of it ever does ;-).

There was a challenge on Serge List to "Write a story about The Night Before Asylum. Who was Ray with? What did they do?" So this smutty PWP is what I think could have happened the morning of the 3rd Season episode "Asylum." Dedicated to Hamlette as a thank you for "Beautiful Oblivion" (I'm not worthy!). Thanks and hugs to Mouse and Nicole for beta work. I have since made some changes, so any mistakes are mine.

Summary for archive: Why Ray's hair was flat and he looked like he'd spent a very busy night, at the beginning of the episode "Asylum."

 

GOOD WHILE IT LASTED

By Amy b

"Oh, dear, look at the time! I've got to get ready for work, Ray. I'm terribly sorry." Constable Renfield Turnbull threw the covers back and got out of bed, making Ray Kowalski moan in something very like agony.

"Get your ass back in here and finish me, Ren-*field*." Ray shivered a little at the sexy little frown Turnbull shot him over one wide bare shoulder. Ray knew what the other man wanted, and felt magnanimous enough to give it to him. "Please?"

Looking at the clock again, Turnbull licked his lips said, "Okay, but it'll have to be quick."

"I am all over that." Ray grinned and held his morning erection so that Turnbull could slide his mouth down over it in one sensuous glide. He shuddered hard and bit his lip as the warm wetness enveloped his aching cock. With no time to play, Turnbull started to suck as if there was something inside Ray that he desperately needed... *now*...needed this very minute and the only way to get it was through the tiny slit in the end of his cock. Ray was afraid the thing Turnbull was after was his spine which bowed up as if seeking to escape his body.

The heat was just incredible and his brain was starting to throb with the intensity of the moment. Sweat ran down his face and a moan built in his throat as little flickers of pleasure became bolts of ecstasy striking him hard. They battered him with the force of their blows until there was nothing he could do but slap a pillow over his face to muffle his scream and come hard down Turnbull's throat.

When Turnbull pulled away, his face was red and his lips glistened. Ray thought he looked wonderful, but he didn't love him and never would. The two men had discussed it before the very first time they had spent the night together.

Ray had gone to the Consulate to get some information on the vacationing Constable Fraser, whose best friend he would soon be impersonating. As soon as he shook Turnbull's hand, there had been a flair of recognition between them. Both were lonely and needed some warmth in their lives, but neither was looking for love. Turnbull had a fellow Mountie back in Regina that he was pining after, and Ray was already half in love with this Fraser guy just from reading his file and staring at his picture.

"...Ray!"

The insistent voice jolted Ray from his thoughts and he snapped, "What?!" That did not sound like the first time his name had been called. Turnbull was frowning at him in frustration and Ray realized why. "Oh, want me to take care of that for you?"

"Yes, please," Turnbull muttered breathlessly, straddling Ray's chest and shoving his dripping cock into Ray's face. Ray licked the head slowly, teasing the Mountie into demanding, "Come on, Ray, do it."

Ray ran his tongue down the length, and then back up with an almost audible slurping noise. He swirled the tip of his tongue around the head and then took more into his mouth. He swallowed every delicious inch, while his hands held Turnbull's ass in a bruising grip. When the other man was whimpering pitifully, Ray got down to business, sucking his occasional partner off with efficient skill. When he heard the keening wail that signaled Turnbull's imminent orgasm, Ray pulled back far enough to swallow the hot essence without choking.

Smacking his lips a little as Turnbull climbed off his chest, Ray sat up and rubbed his neck. He propped the pillows behind his back and watched Turnbull head for the shower, thinking that, although he enjoyed the sex greatly, it felt kind of... pointless.

As much as he might try to pretend to be free and easy and worldly around Fraser, Ray had really never had sex without love before. And it was disconcerting to find himself doing it now. This thing with Turnbull had outlived its usefulness. Now that he had the real Fraser in his life, he wasn't the lonely sap mooning over a photograph in a file anymore.

He heard the water in the shower cut off, and swung his legs around and sat up on the side of the narrow bed. Turnbull walked out of the bathroom just as beautifully naked as he'd gone in, and Ray's mouth started to water. He wondered if he could really give this up, until Turnbull walked over to the tiny closet and pulled out a red serge uniform and then Ray knew. He had to give it up... for Fraser, for himself, and what they might possibly have together. Someday.

"Turnbull." The word came out like the croak of frog. Ray cleared his throat and tried again, "Renfield, we need to talk."

Turnbull turned from his dresser holding starched white boxers, undershirt, black socks, and those gartery things he wore to keep his socks from sliding down into his boots. He didn't look surprised in the least. He nodded and said, "It's over, isn't it?"

"Uh, yeah. I think it has to be... now...don't you?" Ray searched for hurt in those shadowed eyes, but Turnbull was suddenly very unreadable as he set his underclothes down on the dresser.

"Yes."

"Fraser can't know."

"No, he wouldn't understand."

"Right." Ray nodded his agreement as Turnbull advanced on him with a determined look in his eyes. When Turnbull pulled him to his feet, he went willingly-- straight into the taller man's arms, but he turned his face away when Turnbull tried to kiss him on the mouth. "I haven't brushed yet."

"I don't care," replied Turnbull as he gently turned Ray's face and settled his lips over Ray's already parted ones. Renfield's mouth was sweet and minty making Ray want to sink right into it. He tried to ignore the fact that his own was probably pretty yucky because it didn't seem to bother Turnbull, who seemed determined to explore every funky, spunky inch. When Turnbull turned him loose, Ray was breathless and surprisingly hard again and so was Renfield.

"We should say a real good-bye." Turnbull whispered as he rubbed his broad hands over Ray's shoulders, down his chest and belly to his rampant erection.

Ray tilted his head back so that Turnbull could kiss his neck, and moaned, "Do we have time?"

"I'll make time." Turnbull attacked Ray's mouth with renewed vigor, wrapping his long fingers around Ray's cock. He caressed the long hot length, then moved down to the balls that were begging for attention. Rolling and petting them as he gripped Ray's ass with his other hand, Turnbull continued to kiss Ray breathless, slipping his tongue inside for a quick taste then drawing back to nibble on Ray's lips.

Ray shifted his weight and tried to hold still, but he wanted more and he wanted it *now*. When he ripped his mouth away and whispered as much to Renfield, he found himself spun around and slammed into the wall. He turned his face to one side, just in time to avoid a broken nose.

"Ooh, terribly sorry about that Ray, but I just have to fuck you one more time... okay?" Turnbull cooed into Ray's ear, his warm breath sending shivers down Ray's spine.

"Yeah, babe, fuck me through the wall," Ray replied, thrusting his ass back into Turnbull's groin, bumping into that huge rock hard erection. He wanted it inside him, just like he had been inside Renfield the night before. When a slick finger worked its way into his ass, Ray didn't even stop to wonder how Turnbull had reached the lube, which had fallen to the floor sometime last night, without letting go of him. He didn't care, just wanted...needed...wanted...

"Fuck, yes!" Ray shouted as Turnbull's fingers disappeared to be replaced by the broad head of his cock, pressing slowly and steadily inside him. When Turnbull stopped to let him adjust to the intrusion, Ray rocked his hips, taking a little more and then more, the stretched feeling becoming more and more pleasurable. Then Renfield was in, all the way inside him, and all Ray could do was rub his cheek against the wall and whimper. The long glide almost out, and the forceful shove back in, had him muttering curses under his breath until Turnbull hit the sweet spot and then he yelled incoherently and came against the wall. He reveled in the sensations and shudders, and barely noticed the sting of Turnbull's teeth sinking into his shoulder to muffle his cries as he came.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Well, I guess your neighbors got a thrill, huh?" Ray smiled and scratched his neck, tilting his head toward the wall.

"I'll apologize to them later, maybe bake them a cake." Turnbull smiled back as he straightened his lanyard and adjusted his Sam Browne. "Feel free to use the shower and have some coffee before you leave."

"Thanks. So we're gonna...what? Pretend we don't know each other?"

"Well, that we don't know this *part* of each other. It's not like we really have that much official contact anyway." Turnbull kissed Ray on the cheek, put on his Stetson, and went to the door. "Goodbye, Ray. It really was good while it lasted, wasn't it?"

"Oh, yeah. Goodbye, Renfield. I'll lock up when I leave." Ray glanced at the clock as the door closed quietly. It was only 6:30 and he didn't have to be at the range for small arms certification until eight. That would leave him plenty of time to swing by his apartment for clean clothes, but he had to have a shower first. He was also going to borrow Turnbull's toothbrush--immediately, he thought as he ran his tongue over his teeth.

After the hot shower nearly put him to sleep, Ray decided to lie down for a few minutes. Then he'd get up and go home. He drifted off into a dream about Fraser riding a big black horse and waving one of those long lances through the air. Just when the dream-Fraser was about to show the dream-Ray his sword, a loud thump in the apartment upstairs jolted Ray awake. He sat up so quickly that he was somewhat lightheaded when he squinted at the clock. He cursed under his breath when he saw that he only had twenty minutes to get to the firing range. He couldn't afford to be late because as soon as he was done there he had to go meet Andreas Volpe, an underworld figure who'd requested a face to face.

He jumped off the bed and went into the bathroom, staring in dismay at his hair, which had dried in a rather odd half up/half down fashion. He filled his hand with water and smoothed his hair until it all went in one direction--down. He looked through the medicine cabinet, but of course Turnbull, he-of-the-perfect-hair, had no gel or mousse or any other styling products. Ray rubbed his hand over his stubble and decided to let his hair speak for itself today. He felt too good to stress over something so trivial.

Locking up carefully behind himself, Ray started his workday with his mind working on two questions. First, he was curious about why Volpe wanted to meet with him. And second, he was thinking about Fraser and wondering how or even *if * he should approach the Mountie about his feelings. There was no hurry, really. It's not like either of them was going anywhere for a while.

 

The End