Title: In Your Arms.

Author/pseudonym: Caffre

Fandom: Dead Man on Campus

Pairing: Josh/Cooper

Rating: R

Status: new

Archive: Yes to list archives

E-mail address for feedback: caffre19@hotmail.com

Disclaimers: Characters belong to others. Realistically, this is all you're going to get me to admit to.

Notes: I've only ever seen the last 10 minutes of this film despite numerous attempts to rent a copy after missing it on the TV. The idea for this hit me as I looked up from my computer and saw my 'Last Night' video (which I've only been able to watch twice in all the time I've owned it) and thus, this piece of AU fic was born. This is my first Dead Man On Campus fic, so please, show mercy :)

Rating: I've given it an R rating for a bit of naughty language and a bit of angst. Oh, and for the sappiness of the sap content. :)

Summary: It's the end of the world. Where would you rather be?


In Your Arms
by Caffre


"Frightened?"

"Yeah. You?"

"Fuck yeah. Did you ever have one of those conversations? You know, if the world was about to end, what would you do or where would you go?"

"Did it once in a sociology class when I was about 15. God, could you believe that I wanted to head out to Egypt? See the pyramids."

"Doesn’t sound too bad."

"It doesn’t sound all that great either." Josh sighed, wondered for a second how he could wrap his arms tighter around his best friend and lover, then gave it up as a waste of time. He was as close as he could get.

Cooper smiled at him wistfully, wishing they could have a little more time, knowing that it wouldn’t make much of a difference in the long run. "Funny. But it takes the end of the world to get me and my dad talking again. That night I went back? He and mom actually where laughing together when I walked into the kitchen. I cried when I saw them together. Hating them for taking so fucking long to get it right. Wasting so much fucking time!"

Josh sat up in the bed, trailing his hand down Cooper’s side, offering comfort with his touch, just as he’d given him his love with his body only moments ago.

"Where they mad when you told them?"

Cooper shrugged. "No. Not really. For the second time in their lives they realise they actually do know a little something about love. I think they more than understood why I wanted to be with you."

Josh spoke, trying to hold back the tears at the memory. "Mom freaked a bit, especially when I told them I wanted to spend. . .to spend it. . .It’s not fair Coop! I want more! We haven’t. . ."

Cooper reached a hand up to his face, brushing away the tears that had escaped past his defences despite all his best efforts. "Ssshhh. It’s all right Josh. It’ll be all right."

Josh fell back onto the bed, looking up at the ceiling, despite the blur. "We only just found each other. . ."

Cooper raised himself up a little, turning over and placing himself over his lover, his hands on either side of his face. "Hey, we’re together now. And I swear to you, that’s all that counts. Being right here, right now." He leaned down, placing a soft, gentle kiss on his lover’s lips, waiting for a response before he deepened it, trying to convey just how much of his soul this man beneath him had managed to bring joy and love to.

They parted, tears silently running down both their faces, Coopers trickling down his chin to land softly on Josh’s parted lips.

With a sad smile, Josh licked them off. "I love you so much."

Cooper lay back down on his side, Josh turning so that they where face to face. "And I love how you’ve shown me that every single day we’ve been together. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else Josh. And I love you too."

Josh leaned over, kissing him again.

"I’m glad we got rid of the clock. I’d hate to know exactly how long. . .Do you think. . . do you think it’ll hurt?"

"No. No, I don’t. Nothing can hurt us now Josh. And I know, I know that somehow, this isn’t the end of it. Something as strong as what I feel for you. . .It doesn’t just die. It just couldn’t. You do believe me, right?"

"Yeah, I believe you. Think we’ve got much longer? Cause, I’m sure you can feel my heart beating from there just from me thinking about it."

"I don’t want to think about it now Josh. I just want to forget about it. I just want to look at you, think of you. . .to thank God for bad grades and fucking great weed."

"You think he’ll hold all that against us?"

"Nah. I’m pretty sure God has a sense of humour. Look at the Bee Gee’s."

"I wish. . ."

"No more time for wishing Josh. We have everything we’re ever going to get or want."

"I love you so much."

"I love you t. . ."



The End