Should I tell


by PEJA

Fandom: Dead Like Me

Feedback at: daltonavon@yahoo.com

URL: https://www.squidge.org/~peja

Pairing: Mason/Rube

Rating: PG


Summary: Mason has a secret

Note: Another 5 minute dash off.

Should I Tell

by PEJA

He doesn't know.

Oh Rube knows that something is bothering me. I can see the questions in his eyes as he watches me over the span of the table. He knows that something happened while he was being forced to write that apology to the screaming baby's mother...Which she wasn't very gracious about, I have to tell ya. Know where the kid gets his pitch, I do, but I'm getting off the point.

And that is he doesn't know.

I want to tell hem. Hell, I need to tell him, but .....

Shame is a bitch.

He thinks I haven't got any morals. Thinks I can go through my undead life without a concern to what’s happening all around me. That I don't give a damn to the mortal pettiness that we all live a little bit south of.

He's wrong.

Oh, I couldn't give a fig about the piddlin' little laws I break. Stealing from the dead. Now that had our new girl all green and I don't mean with envy, not her. Not at all. Robbing those parking meters. Its all a lark, course Rox didn't exactly see it that way. Hurt a bit when she ran me over with her cute little go cart, it did. And that drug smuggling, well, aside from the thing Rube doesn't know, that was life as it goes.

But he doesn't know, and I really gotta tell him.

A tear escapes my eye and he reaches out to cover my hand, offering his comfort while he silently waits for my words.

I duck my head, afraid to see his disgust.

And speak, "They searched me, Rube."

His fingers tighten around mine as I sputter against the words.

"They searched my ass....for drugs."

He moves then, coming to my side of the table, murmuring soft words of comfort.

And the full truth comes out....

"I wish it had been you inside me, Rube. I wish it had been loving that had taken me that way."

His arms enfold me and I feel his lips against my neck. Kissing me. Wanting me.

Loving me

 

END