Title: Finally Swirling Somewhere

Sequel: Sequel to "World Tilted Sideways"

Author: Kristin

(kwilcox@ea.oac.uci.edu)

Website: http://kristin.icculus.org/

Disclaimer: "Dawon's Creek", it's characters, and it's concepts, are owned by Kevin Williamson, the WB, and a bunch of other people. This is not for profit and is not intended to infringe on any copyrights. I'm a poor college student, so suing me won't do a damn thing.

Distribution: "Dawson's Creek Slash Archive", all others just ask and ye shall receive.

Pairing: Jen/Joey

Rating: NC-17 to be safe (I'm bad with this rating stuff)

Spoilers: General end of Season Three events, mainly " The Anti-Prom". Small allusion to "Stolen Kisses".

Summary: Just like "World Tilted Sideways", this is a "missing scene" fic. This time it's "The Anti-Prom" episode. Jen and Joey meet up in back of the Leerys' restaurant during the prom

Author's Note: The opening of the fic is straight from the transcripts of Pacey's Pond. Thanks for having them up there! (dialogue and actions are straight from the show for the first scene between Henry and Jen, plus the second scene between Dawson and Joey)

Dedication: For Melissa Levine, cuz she said it needed a sequel. I wasn't going to... but she convinced me. Thanks for the feedback! <g>

World Tilted Sideways 2: Finally Swirling Somewhere
by Kristin


~The world inside is shaking
As I search for the line that will one day heal
But hold me now
Hold me now
Hold me *now*~
-Human Drama


~Finally Swirling Somewhere~

"I've ruined the night?" Henry was rocked with bewilderment.

White hot anger ran through Jen's veins. He didn't understand! He was supposed to know these things, be able to reach down inside of her and *see*. That's what love meant... didn't it? And she had wanted this-she had! She had needed his body against hers to block out the memories, to block out the want for a softer, slimmer body that crowded her thoughts. She had needed it * so goddamned much*. But now... this couldn't work. Everything was wrong, wrong, wrong.

"And as far as later goes, whatever slim possibility may have existed that you and I might actually have sex - well you can just forget about that now."

"I thought we already established we weren't gonna have sex tonight?"

Henry's brain spun wildly. It was like being trapped in a funhouse. The world was distorted. This wasn't Jen. Something was...off?

"Oh, come on, Henry. That's just what you say to alleviate the pressure and make it seem spontaneous when you actually do it. Of course there was a chance, it's our prom."

And suddenly, she didn't want to argue anymore. She felt closed in, trapped. Words weren't enough-she needed space between them, she needed something-not-him. //I know this doesn't make any sense Henry. I know I seem crazy... But I'm not. Everything's just so confusing right now. And Joey... she's... she's still running. And I'm thinking... maybe she has the right idea.//

And then she was walking. One foot in front of the other, yes... that's good. Now just to make it out the door. And she ran. Picking up her dress, she darted around the corner. Feet hit the concrete sharply, warning any unsuspecting party-goers, but she was alone. Nothing. The back of the restaurant was empty, and the only sound came from inside as the music boomed out through the walls. This was nice. Jen curled down onto of a wooden crate and listened to the rhythm of her pounding heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There was a gap, a wide hole stretching between them, and she couldn't cross it-she couldn't cross it for fear of losing everything, losing herself. Joey's mind screamed, a pitiful attempt at rebellion-as if rebellion was even an option anymore, an option ever. They all knew how this would end. How it would always end. Every Joey has a Dawson... Every Dawson had a Joey... And yet...

"And that I would pick you? Say it Dawson. You thought if you orchestrated this whole evening that I would be convinced in to picking you over Pacey, right?"

//Too calm. Too calm. He's too fucking *calm*. Look at him, knowing. He knows that I'm trapped. He knows me too damn well.//

"You have to pick somebody, Joey. I just wanted to remind you what you would be missing if you didn't pick me. You'd be missing a lot. So would I. I'd be missing everything."

Firm lips brushed hers, a soft gentle kiss. But he *didn't* know everything. He didn't at all. Dawson had no idea of the other lips-the soft, swallowing mouth that had devoured her already. The lips that weren't his. She was caught in the memory for a moment. Not so long ago, that night. And if she kept her eyes tightly shut...

"That's how the evening was supposed to end."

And then he was gone.

She stood alone in the street. Too easy, it would be too easy to chase after him and finish this. She could make her choice, straighten out this world the *right way*. But something... something held her back. Maybe a walk. Not running, not this time. But a walk... that would be nice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Joey wasn't surprised to see Jen sitting there, in the almost dark. This not-surprise should have been disturbing... Because that meant she *knew*-she was drawn back there for a reason. But Joey was numb. Too much of everything was floating around in her head; she didn't have *space* for "disturbed". So she just sat down next to the other girl, huddled safely in her expensive gown. And she let a hand caress one of the girl's warm hands as a silent welcome.

Jen looked up in equal not-surprise, which should have told Joey to *run*... get the hell out of Dodge. But she didn't. She smiled. And Jen smoothed stray wisps of hair from her face, fingertips painting streaks of heat across her cheeks and forehead.

"Wanna dance?"

The offer came as a faint whisper, voice smooth as silk. Without thinking Joey nodded her assent, and then stared in shock as Jen took her hands.

"We can't... but..."

Jen let out a reassuring giggle paired with a bright smile. Ignoring the plea in Joey's eyes, she pulled them both up from the crates and brought their bodies gently together.

"Sure we can dance, we can hear the music from inside. And besides, girls dance together all the time."

And then Joey found herself enclosed in soft arms, pressed up against sliding, slippery fabric. If she concentrated hard she could feel the beat of the music in her body, and she moved with it. Why not, no one could see them? It was fun. And Jen felt so good-moving against her, sliding small hands down her arms, along her waist. Heat imbedded itself in her body--she was burning from the inside out. In constant movement... She just had to let herself go, feel the rhythm. At least there were no words... She was so tired of words.

"You're beautiful..."

Jen's breath seeped into her skin, and the whispered words wormed deep inside of her, setting off a warm fuzziness in her stomach. And it was different when Jen said those words-different than when Pacey said them, or Dawson said them... and for the life of her, Joey didn't know why... It just *was*.

Soft lips pressed against hers, a question. Joey wanted to say "no", she wanted to leave. She wanted to run. But a hand grasped Joey's thigh and she had * no choice* damnit. She *had* to open. She had to let Jen in.

Firm hands pushed and lifted, and she was sitting on the edge of a crate. A warm mouth devoured her throat, her collarbone, her shoulders. And the *heat*. How could it be so cold outside while she was burning? Fingers skated under her dress, lifting it, twisting it around her waist.

And things were *happening*. Her stomach turned liquid and it almost tickled. She *needed* all of a sudden. She needed something that didn't have a name or a face, but Joey needed it so bad that she thought she would scream.

"Please..."

A hot, wet mouth on hers swallowed her whimpers, but nothing could disguise the jerk of her body as a firm hand caressed her thighs... moving inward... always moving inward. There. The something had a name now, and it was *inside*. Joey squirmed, pleading with her body. And the hand gave it, it gave everything... almost everything... Because a piece was missing. Something wasn't right. A gasp. Yes. That was good, that was so damn sweet. But still... she needed...

Joey opened her eyes and looked straight ahead. The piece-it was here all along. She had everything now; she had perfection. Because the hands weren't hands anymore, they were *Jen's hands*. They were the hands of the girl who had tried so hard for Joey's friendship. The hands of the girl who had begged, pleaded, surrendered her pride for Joey. The girl who had needed and Joey never gave, not for a long time, not for years. And now Joey needed, and Jen gave freely once again. Jen was making her feel alive-more alive than Pacey, maybe more alive than Aunt Gwen had ever dreamed.

Joey could feel the fingers molding her, shaping her. They moved so quick, so fluid... like instinct. And the waves were crashing down on her, pulling her in with the tide. Jen was grasping, reaching for her-and Joey answered. She let her hands go, stopped holding them back and let them ride. They sped forward as if chased by something stronger than desire, something pretty damn close to necessity. Harsh cloth was pushed off shoulders and down... her hands moved down and up and twisting between their bodies until she could feel skin-soft giving skin shaped into breasts. And the little gasps were heaven, music that flooded her senses whenever she cupped and pinched *just right*. But then she was just hanging on, frantic, because it was coming. Something was changing inside. It was building so high, so very high that she knew she would fall. And all was dark purples and reds and Jen.

Careful breathing paired with silence. Thank god for no words. Joey couldn't take words right now, maybe not ever. But... as they moved apart.. straightened the world once again... She remembered. Joey remembered what it was like to have the world finally swirling *somewhere*... and she offered... a gift.

"That was... some dance..."

A surprised laugh greeted her words. Jen looked over with a pink tinge on her cheeks and smiled. It was gonna be alright now. Joey just knew it. Which was crazy, because she had just done... amazing things... with one of her best friends. And the world should be over-it should all be going to hell. But... it wasn't.

"Are you coming back inside?"

"Yeah... in a little bit"

"You have to decide, you know... you have to pick one of them."

"That's what everyone keeps telling me."

"Well, I thought it might be easier coming from me."

A bright smile flashed before Joey turned to make her way back inside.

"It was."

---------
The End.


I'm not thinking sequel right now. Maybe when the season starts again. But this is how I want to leave it for Season 3. Fits along side with canon. But perhaps when Joey returns in the fall

Feedback would be greatly appreciated. This is only my second attempt at f/f slash, and my first attempt at a f/f fic with a high rating.