Title "Reefs & Shoals"

Series: Part 3 of the Harbour series

Author: Beverly Hills

Fandom: Crossover - Dawson’s creek/ Law and Order SVU

Pairing: Deputy Doug Whitter with Jack McPhee with Detective Elliot Stabler, Jen Lyndley with Olivia Benson, Elliot Stabler with Kathy Stabler

Rating Only for those over the age of consent where ever you are. M-M, F-F, M-M-M, violence

Status Please archive at WWOMB, previously archived at Dawson’s Creek Slash Archive

Feedback Yes, yes please

Email address dedler@afao.org.au

Disclaimer: None of these characters belong to me, they all remain the property of their respective production companies. This story has not been written for any financial gain and should not be reproduced without my permission.

Summary: Detective Elliot Stabler comes to Capeside on a case. In the course of investigations he discovers more about the locals and himself than he countered on. Jack and Jen go to NY and almost end up as special victims.

 

The Harbour Series 3: Reefs And Shoals

by Beverly Hills
**********

"This is great, thanks for putting us up Olivia" Jen placed two of her bags by the side of the sofa bed and was looking for space to stow the third, she failed and put it down on the bed and sat down next to it. "I say us but something tells me that we won’t be seeing much of Jack at least not for a while."

"I know what you mean, they didn’t waste anytime taking off once they’d dropped us here did they. I’ve got to go back to the office for a couple of hours will you be alright here on your own till I get back?"

"Sure, I’d like to have a shower and a nap." Jen replied trying to remember which bag held her toiletries.

"Okay, the bathroom is through there, I don’t want you to buzz anyone into the building, in fact better if you don’t answer the intercom or the phone, wait to hear if it’s Jack or Elliot or me on the answering machine before you pick it up. Don’t open the door for anyone but us. Here are a list of numbers to reach Elliot or I on, don’t hesitate to use them Jen if you need to go out or if anything seems even remotely suspicious" Olivia pinned the list of numbers on a board next to the phone and answering machine.

"God, I knew this was serious but I suppose I hadn’t thought it through that I might be in danger, do you really think that Anthony Schaeffer might try and stop me from testifying, might try and hurt me?" Olivia sat down on the bed next to Jen and placed her hand on the younger woman’s shoulder. "Listen Jen I’m not trying to scare you, but we do know what Schaeffer is capable of and we don’t want to take any chances, we opposed bail but unfortunately…………, that’s why you’re staying here and not in a hotel, and that’s why when you go out either Elliot or me are going to be with you. But we need your cooperation to keep everything safe, okay" Jen nodded. "Right then I’m off, I’ll be home about six and fix us dinner, don’t forget to lock up after me, you’ll be fine Jen don’t worry, relax have a long soak in the tub."

After putting all the locks in place Jen considered for a moment and then slid one of the living room chairs to the front door and wedged it under the door knob. Satisfied she went to the bathroom and ran a bath.

**************

Elliot and Jack entered the hotel room that Elliot had rented for their use, the room was not large and the furnishings were probably not new when Nixon had been in the Whitehouse however it did have its own small bathroom. Shutting the door and taking Jack by the hand Elliot led him into the bathroom where after a long probing kiss they proceeded to strip off one another’s clothes. Elliot had Jack naked whilst Jack was having trouble getting Elliot’s pants and underwear off without having first removed the detective’s shoes.

Elliot sat down on the cold tiled floor whilst Jack flipped Elliot’s shoes off without undoing the laces, then ripped the trousers and boxer-shorts over Elliot's feet and cast them aside, he then flung himself forward onto the older man smothering his face with kisses till his tongue located Elliot’s open mouth and plunged in. They both groaned with pleasure as their hard cocks slid and crashed against each other, already slippery with pre cum as their hands sought each other’s remembered flesh.

Thirty minutes later they were sitting in the bathtub Elliot leaning his back into the sloped end of the tub with Jack sitting between his legs leaning back with his head resting on Elliot’s chest. Elliot’s semi hard prick was wedged between the cheeks of Jack’s smooth ass while Jack’s cock and balls were clasped gently in Elliot’s hand.

"Until you got here I was beginning to feel as if Capeside had never happened" Elliot said quietly, applying slight pressure to his hold on Jack’s genitals and causing his own cock to bob slightly in the cleft of Jack’s butt.

"It felt a bit strange after you’d left just Doug and I together it felt as if there was something missing." Jack said.

Elliot kissed the top of Jack’s head and said "You know I was feeling that way just now, I guess neither of us are used to doing this without Doug being around, its strange, oh well he’ll be here tomorrow, do you think all three of us will fit in this tub." Jack laughed, Elliot then said slowly. "So are you and Doug in love?"

Jack slithered around till he was laying facing Elliot with his head resting on his hands on Elliot’s chest just abouve the soapy water, he toyed lightly with Elliot’s right nipple. " I don’t know what it feels like to be in love, I know I feel happier when Doug and I are doing things together than I feel any other time and I feel like I can trust Doug totally and I want to make him as happy as he makes me, is that love?"

"It sounds like it to me" Elliot responded.

"What about you and Kathy, now that she knows about us what’s going to happen?"

" I’m not sure, we still love one another and we still want each other to be happy, that’s why I’m here now, Kathy said I had to find out about this part of myself or we’ll never be able to be happy together again. I think she’s much stronger than I am I don’t know how I would cope with her being with someone else."

"She sounds like an amazing person, I’d like to meet her but under the circumstances" Jack’s voice trailed off.

Elliot looked at his watch "Christ look at the time, I’ve got to get back to the office before Olivia’s patience runs out completely."

"I’ll see you around seven, what are you going to do with yourself for the afternoon." Elliot asked as he did his tie up. Jack was stretched out naked on the bed. "I’ll give Jen a call and then I might crash for a couple of hours." Elliot sat down next to Jack and kissed him "I’m glad you’re here."

"Me to." Jack lay back on the bed and watched Elliot leave he then closed his eyes and was asleep within minutes

****************

He watched as Stabler closed the door of the hotel room behind him and walked down the hall and around the corner to the elevator. Once he had heard the elevator doors close he pushed the laundry trolley ahead of him to the door Elliot had just closed. Gently he tried turning the door handle. It wasn’t locked; this was going to be easier than he had thought. Reaching into the pocket of his overalls he removed a small bottle and a cloth. Opening the door a fraction he peered into the semi darkness of the room just making out the sleeping, naked form of Jack on his side on the bed.

__________________________

Olivia turned the key in the lock of her apartment door and pushed, the door gave slightly and then stopped. "Who’s there, I’ve got a gun" Jen’s voice made unnaturally deep came from inside.

"Don’t shoot it’s me, Olivia"

"Oh god," Jen giggled pushing the chair away from in front of the door. "Olivia I’m sorry."

"No Jen don’t apologise we want you to be careful." Olivia went into the kitchen and put the grocery bags she was carrying down on the bench removing a bottle of wine from one of them "What a day."

Jen was leaning against the kitchen doorframe wearing a kimono and a towel wrapped around her wet hair. "I’ll have one of those if you don’t mind." Jen said nodding towards the glass of red wine Olivia was pouring for herself.

"Sure" Olivia said getting another wine glass off the rack.

***************

The empty wine bottle sat on the coffee table. Olivia sat on the floor leaning back against the sofa, Jen sat behind her rubbing her neck and upper back with firm, deep movements. Olivia sighed "God that’s great where did you learn to do this" "I just sort of picked it up, I guess I’m a natural I’ve always been a touch sort of person."

"Livia,"

"Umm"

"Did you ever have any idea that Detective Stabler, Elliot was interested in men, like we knew Jack was gay and Pacey had made enough jokes about Doug to plant the seed about him but..?" Jen’s voice trailed off she could feel that the detective’s neck muscles had tensed up at the question.

"Elliot’s devoted to his wife Kathy and his kids, I know he’s been with another woman but no it never entered my head that he might go with a man or men."

"It’s strange isn’t it?" Jen said moving her massage lower down Olivia’s back at the same time leaning her head down beside’s the older woman’s head. "Have you ever had sex with a woman?"

"No, no I haven’t, have you?" Olivia ‘s voice had become low and breathy. Jen’s hands had moved around under Olivia’s arms and were softly moving over Olivia’s small breasts at the same time she began nuzzling the other woman’s neck and ear with her mouth.

"You’re so beautiful," Jen said as she slid off the couch onto the floor beside Olivia and placed her lips over the police woman’s. Olivia reached up and removed the towel from Jen’s head combing her fingers through the girl’s still damp hair. Jen’s hands moved to the bottom of Olivia’s silk top pulling it up over her head, she then buried her face between Olivia’s breasts reaching around at the same time to undo the clips on Olivia’s lacy bra.

Olivia had just slid her hand under Jen’s silken kimono when the buzzer on the intercom sounded causing both women to sit back. Olivia jumped to her feet and pushed the button. "Elliot what’ wrong, come up." She said pushing the second button on the intercom. "It’s Elliot something’s happened," she said to Jen who was still sitting on the floor with her robe open. Olivia reached around and did up her bra as Elliot’s heavy knock came on the door. She moved quickly across the room and undid the lock and through the door open. Elliot rushed into the room seeming not to notice that both women were in a state of undress.

"He’s got Jack." He held a crumpled piece of paper out to his partner.

Olivia took it from him and read it aloud. "Elliot, sometimes our chickens come home to roost A.S."

"Elliot" Olivia’s voice assumed a firm tone, "Sit down and tell me exactly what’s happened."

The large man sat down on the sofa next to Jen. "I stayed at the office about half an hour after you left, then I went back to the hotel. The door to the room was open, no sign of a struggle, Jack was gone and there was this note on the bed. None of the hotel staff saw anything, that bastard could have done anything by now, liv I just don’t know what to do"

Olivia stood looking down at the note. "What possible benefit can Schaeffer get from holding Jack?"

Jen stood up and held out Olivia’s top to her. Olivia took it put the note down and slipped it over her head. For the first time Elliot looked as if he realised that he might have interrupted something.

Jen picked up the note and examined it carefully. "You know I think he means this literally, Elliot is there anyway that he could know where you live?"

"It wouldn’t be impossible." Elliot replied.

"Of course chicken is a reference to Jack he’s taken him to my place so he’ll be discovered there. "He looked from Jen to Olivia, come on we have to get there before…" his voice trailed off as he made for the door, Olivia picking up her holster and bag following him turned and said. "Jen you wait here."

They made good time getting across town till they hit the approach to the bridge where a taxi had collided with a limo blocking two lanes of traffic. Elliot waved his badge at the uniform cops attempting to sort out the tangle but there was just no way around the jam till the two wrecks were disengaged and by this time they were blocked in by traffic behind them.

Elliot banged the dashboard with his fist. Olivia reached across and placed her hand over his fist and squeezed it. "It’s going to be okay Elliot, keep control."

Thirty minutes later they were across the bridge and pulling up down the block from Elliot’s house. As they got out of the car Elliot said quietly "You go around the back, here’s the key, I’ll get in a front window, be careful Liv he’s waiting for us."

His partner nodded and drawing her gun moved down the drive at the side of the house. Elliot tried a window, moved to another, which after a few minutes he slid open, and climbed in.

The familiar domestic landscape of the living room seemed alien and threatening to Elliot as he moved across the dark space and entered the hall, he could make out the silhouette of his partner, pistol drawn against the square of moonlight of the open back door.

Olivia advanced till they were standing either side of the dining room door, they could hear a soft breathing noise coming from the dark room. Elliot held up three fingers, Olivia nodded. Elliot mouthed one, two and then in one movement they both burst into the room Elliot flicking the light switch at the same time. In the sudden glare of the light Elliot saw Jack’s naked body spreadeagled on the dining room table with a pillowcase pulled over his head and a coated figure standing next to him. Elliot took a bead on the standing figure and fired.

The figure dropped and with relief Elliot saw that Jack’s body moved. Olivia moved around the table with her pistol aimed at the figure on the floor Elliot rushed to Jack’s head and removed the pillowcase. Jack’s lips were covered by tape, his wrists and ankles tied with rope to the four legs of the table.

Elliot as gently as possible removed the tape from Jack’s mouth murmuring, "It’s okay Jack it’s okay we got him."

"Shit I was so scared, I didn’t know what had happened or where I was, he just kept touching me and making jokes about you and chickens and how you shouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket" Jack said as he sat up with difficulty after Elliot had cut the ropes.

"It’s okay Jack it’s all over." Elliot said again throwing his jacket around the young man’s shoulders and taking his face between his hands.

"I’m afraid not Elliot" Olivia said lifting a bullet riddled dressmaking dummy from the floor. " He wanted us to think he was here, we’ve been had."

Elliot looked up from the dummy and said "Jen he’s after Jen, Jack can you walk? " I think so, with some help." Olivia had her phone out ringing her apartment. "The lines engaged."

"Come on Elliot said picking up the raincoat that had been draped around the dummy wrapping it around Jack, picking him up in his arms and heading for the front door with Olivia following pressing the redial button on her phone.

*****************

Jen said goodbye to Henry and placed the handpiece back on the receiver. She was glad that she had called him, it had helped keep her from being overwhelmed by the terror she was feeling for Jack. As she sat with the phone cradled on her lap she jumped as a knock came from the front door. She placed the phone on the coffee table and made her way towards the door. "Who is it?" she said loudly. As she reached the door the phone started to ring.

"It’s Elliot, we’ve found Jack, he’s alright" came a voice from the other side of the door.

"Oh thank god " Jen exclaimed undoing the lock on the door and reaching for the security chain.

At that moment Olivia’s voice sounded in the apartment as the answering machine message clicked on, after the message a somewhat distorted female voice came from the machine. "Jen, this is Olivia, Schaeffer is on his way there, do not under any circumstances open the door till we get there, I repeat do not open the door." Jen lunged for the phone at the same time as the door flew inward snapping the security chain. Jen grabbed the phone from the table as Schaeffer grabbed for her ankles.

Jen screamed twisting around and striking her assailant on the head with the phone, he cursed releasing Jen’s legs to protect his head from the blows. Free momentarily Jen crawled across the floor towards the kitchen, pulling herself up she reached across the bench top to the block holding a selection of knives. With her fingers inches from the hilt of a large knife she felt her hair gripped and her head jerked back.

"Okay Jen time for us to get reacquainted." Jen could not see Anthony Schaeffer’s face but she could feel the hard, sharp, metal surface that was being pushed against her throat. At that moment just as Jen felt her self about to lose consciousness she heard a loud explosion, for what seemed like a long time nothing happened then slowly she became aware of a gurgling sound and the sensation of warm liquid flowing over her arm. At first she thought that it must be her own blood, now dripping from her arm and onto the floor then she realised that Schaeffer’s grip on her had loosened and that his body was sliding down the wall leaving a dark, wet trail. She slowly dragged her eyes away from the sight and looked up towards the living room.

Detective John Munch slid his pistol back into his holster and moved towards the blood covered blond girl, now kneeling on the kitchen floor next to the corpse of Anthony Schaeffer. "Jennifer are you alright, are you hurt anywhere," he asked helping her to her feet and guiding her into the living room. "I’m Detective Munch and that guy over by the door is Detective Cassidy, are you okay? "He asked again, motioning with his head for Detective Cassidy to go to the kitchen.

"I think I’m fine, call me Jen, where did you come from?"

At that moment Elliot and Olivia rushed into the apartment with their guns drawn. "Jen are you hurt?" Olivia cried seeing the blood.

"Nothing a shower won’t take care of" Jen replied weakly, "Olivia will you give me a hand?"

Olivia put her gun away and helped Jen to her feet, with her arm around the girl’s waist they made their way towards the bathroom.

At that moment Jack dressed only in the semi-transparent, shot up raincoat entered the apartment. Munch raised an eyebrow and looked at Elliot and in a deadpan voice said "I can’t wait to read the report on this one."

*************

Doug climbed down from the train and walked to the gate at the end of the platform after surrendering his ticket he looked about for Jack or Elliot. They were nowhere to be seen but coming towards him was Jen arm in arm with a tall dark haired woman.

When she caught sight of the deputy Jen relinquished the woman’s arm waved to him, ran up and through her arms around him. "Oh Doug its so good to see you. "

"Yea you too Jen, where’s Jack? Hi I’m Doug Whitter he said taking Olivia’s hand "Oh, this is Olivia."

Jen interrupted putting one arm around Doug’s waist and the other around Olivia’s. "Doug so much has happened, Jack and Elliot are still asleep, we woke up early so we came to pick you up, there’s not going to be a trial, Jack got kidnapped and I thought it was Elliot at the door but it wasn’t". Doug looked over Jen’s head at Olivia with a quizzical expression. She smiled back and said "Don’t ask me I’m as much at sea at the moment as you are."

 

The End