Title: Rainstorm II

Author: elfin

Series: Rainstorm II, follows Rainstorm I, Rainstorm III to follow

Fandom: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Pairing: Nick / Gil

Rating: PG

Spoilers: Nope

Disclaimers: yadda

Archive: yep, so long as my email addy is close by

Thanks to Carmen for the quick beta



Rainstorm II
by elfin


Nick stared at the sprawling collection of tools laid out over the work surfaces. They covered every available free space and he had to test every one of them against the mould Griss had made from the skull
he'd peeled.

Shuddering at the thought of what Catherine had told him their boss said in the path lab, Nick took up his gloves, sharing a look with Warrick, his partner in crime.

"Nick!"

Both men's heads snapped up.

Grissom appeared at the open door, long fingers wrapping around the doorframe, leaning in. He looked excited, eyes catching the lights of the lab, sparkling blue.

"Nicky, could I borrow you?" The hand not gripping the door was waving around in mid-air, vaguely pointing out into the corridor.

Glancing at Warrick, eyes questioning, Nick nodded and snapped off his gloves. He followed the boss along the corridor, unsure about what the hell was going on.

Only when Gil threw open the door and stepped out into the rain did he start to realise.

He smiled.

There was nothing else to do when his boss walked across the car park and held up his arms to the lighting sky, letting the rain cascade over him, soaking him to the skin.

"Er, Gil...."

The air around them crackled with the current of the storm.

"I've been thinking, Nicky," Gil shouted over the rumble of thunder. "About what you said, about the rain being sexy."

'It's more you, Gil, you wet through, clothes plastered to you... me peeling them off.' But he didn't say it. "Done much research?" he called across.

"Some." Gil sauntered back to where Nick was still standing in the relative dry of the open door. "I'm missing something from my experiments though."

"Really? What?"

"Someone to dry me."

With a sideways smile, Gil eased past Nick back into the lab.


END

elfin@sundive.co.uk