Title: Welcome to Adamville

Author: Tayla

Fandom: Commercials

Pairing: Darren/Adam (The Dell Interns)

Rating: PG13

Category: Romance

Status: Completed June 4, 2003

Archive: Yes to WWOMB/Peja. All others please ask

Feedback: Yes, please. All constructive criticism will be graciously accepted

Email: tayla36@aol.com

Authors Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/tayla36/index.html

Series/Sequel: maybe

Disclaimers: The Dell Interns belong to Dell. No money was made; I'm just doing this for fun.

Authors Notes: Peja issued a challenge, and then I kept seeing the commercial, and I just had to.

Summary: The weekend at Adam's house. Adam wants to play computer games. Darren wants to teach him something new.


Welcome To Adamville
by Tayla

We had finally tracked down Adam's parents at the mall, just in the nick of time. They were just about to go into the electronics store.

"Mom, Dad. What are you doing?"

"Oh hi, sweetheart. Your dad wants a digital camera and I need a new printer for the computer in the den."

"But why are you coming here? Mom, I work at Dell. We have all that stuff."

His mother looked confused. "Adam honey, Mallory told us that Dell only has PC's."

Adam was stunned. "I spent all day Christmas day taking pictures. I printed them out the next day
and made copies for all of us. Where do you think I got the camera?"

Gee, he's cute with steam coming out his ears like that.

His dad spoke up. "Well son, I guess we didn't think of that. But now that were out, we might as
well just get the stuff here."

Adam huffed and rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to let you buy some junk at the mall, when I can get it for you at work. With my employee discount, I can get it for you cheap."

"But son, I wanted to start learning to use the camera this weekend. And your mother has needed a printer for weeks."

"Well, you didn't tell me that." Adam was really getting frustrated.

"How about this, Adam can let you borrow his camera this weekend. I know he brought it home
with him. And I saw a printer on the computer in Adam's room. We can attach that to your kitchen computer tomorrow. Then on Monday, when we go back to work, the first thing we'll do is order you guys a new camera and printer, and have it shipped overnight. You'll be all set on Tuesday."

Adam blinked those gorgeous brown eyes at me. "Darren that's a great idea." Then realizing that
his parents were just staring at me, finally introduced us. "Oh mom, dad, this is my friend Darren. He's going to spend the weekend with us."

His mother frowned. "I wish you had told us, honey. Mallory's girlfriend is staying over this
weekend."

"Mom, it's not like we're ten years old and need someone to baby-sit us. We're college students.
We can take care of ourselves; we just wanted a weekend off."

"OK honey. Are you boys coming home now? I'm making tuna casserole."

Adam did not look thrilled at that prospect, so I jumped to his rescue again. "Actually I have some
shopping to do. Why don't we just grab some dinner here at the food court?"

"All right, we'll see you boys when you get home."

*

We got back to Adam's house. His parents were in the living room, and Mallory had already cleared out of Adam's room and was in the den watching music videos with her little friend.

We went on up to his room, and he went right over to the computer to power it up. I however settled myself on the beanbag chair and snatched up a couple of teddy bears.

He turned to see what was keeping me.

"Oh, Darren, man. Come on, let's play."

"I am playing." I squished the teddy bears together, cheek to cheek and made them dance across my chest.

He tried not to, but that got a giggle out of him.

"Let's play on the computer."

"Adam, we work on a computer all day long. I don't really feel like playing on one when I get home."

"But teddy bears? Come on Darren."

"Well, they're your teddy bears. Besides, maybe I'm reliving my childhood."

He got a thoughtful look on his face. "Did you have teddy bears when you were a kid?"

"I don't know. I think I remember having a stuffed dog." The memory became clearer. "Yeah, it was a stuffed snoopy. It had a music box. It played a lullaby."

Adam left the computer and came over to sit by me, sitting on the floor and leaning against the wall. He grabbed one of the teddy bears away from me.

"Hey, give it back."

"No, it's mine."

"Well I was playing with it. Give it back."

"No I'm playing with it now."

I smushed the bear I was holding into his face and tried to snatch back the second bear. It worked, but then he got a hold of the bear that was in his face. It was silly. Here we were, two grown men mock wrestling with teddy bears.

But we were both laughing our heads off.

On one of my lunges, I over balanced a bit and Adam grabbed my arm and yanked me out of the
bean bag. Somehow we both lost hold of the bears, so we started wrestling without them.

We came to a rest with Adam stretched out full length on top of me. I had imagined us in this
position before. What can I say; I like tall skinny white boys.

He was breathing a little hard, and his face was mere inches from mine, so I could feel his warm
breath wafting across my face. I almost kissed him right then.

He got a panicked look on his face and rolled off me, but not before I felt the hard on that had
sprung in his pants. I wondered if he had felt mine.

He seemed nervous. I really don't know why. He had been flirting with me for weeks. I thought he liked me. I thought he realized that I liked him too. I thought that's why he had invited me home for the weekend.

But now he was pacing around his room, fiddling with books and papers. He settled again into the
desk chair while I was picking myself up off the floor. He watched me warily.

"Hey, you want me to go down to the kitchen and get us some snacks?"

"No man, I am still so full from the food court. In fact I think I'll lie down." I kicked off my shoes and lay down on the double bed amongst the teddy bears, not bothering to move them.

"Oh, I could go downstairs and bother Mallory if you want to get some rest."

"Adam, I think you should come over here and join me." I held my hand out to him in invitation.

He gasped and bit his bottom lip. "Darren?"

"Come on." I smile encouragingly.

He sat on the edge of the bed next to me, and I reached out and cupped his cheek. He closed his
eyes and whispered, "Oh god. Are we really going to do this?"

"Yes, we are." I drew his head down to mine and we shared our first kiss. He was nervous and his lips were a little dry. I fixed that by opening my mouth and running my tongue over his lips. He
gasped and shifted around on the bed until he was stretched out full length on top of me again.

He broke off the kiss and stared down at me, still skittish. I wasn't about to let him go again. I
wrapped my arms around him, and firmly grabbed his ass, pulling him down, grinding up into him so that he could feel I was in the same condition as him. He moaned low in his throat.

"Oh, I like that sound."

"I like this feeling." He responded, and he humped into me again. It was my turn to moan.

"Have you ever done this before?"

"Nope. I've wanted too. I never had the guts before. You?"

"Yes."

He pondered that for a moment. "Good." He said finally. "You can teach me."

He took the initiative this time and lowered his face to mine. When I opened my mouth to let his
tongue in, he ground down on me again. He might not have ever done this before but he was catching on really quickly.

Suddenly he laughed.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Nothing." And he tried to just go back to kissing.

"Come on Adam. What?"

"It just struck me. This is the room I grew up in. This is the bed I've slept in every night since I
outgrew my crib. And we're rolling around on top of my bears, which were my only friends when I was growing up."

"But now you have me."

"Yes, now I have you."

And I let him go back to kissing me.

END