Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
686
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,455

Secrets

Summary:

Disclaimer: Don't own them I'd love to know what I can rent them :).
Spoilers: BIG HUGE HUGE for Season 2 Chained.
Summary: After the end of the episode. What happens between Gibbs and Tony.
Author's Note: 'Cause I was just as pissed at the end... though I did think it suited Gibbs' personality.
Have fun and please send feedback... lots of feedback.

Work Text:

Secrets
by Keyla Sheppard

Tony's thoughts to himself are showed with a = on each end.

 

= Damn why did I have to tell him that? =

Tony's mind is racing as Gibbs drives him back to the office.

Their plan had worked out, well, as much as it could. They had gotten the dealers, along with the stolen merchandise. Neither of them had talked since Gibbs' "I can see that," comment. Nothing really could be said.

= I told a killer something I can't even tell my lover. =

Tony is starring out the window, at nothing really. The man beside him is worried, maybe even a bit scared.

"DiNozzo!"

= Of all the things I told him... the lies-. =

Tony hears him and looks over at him, a smile forming on his lips only temporarily as if to say hello.

"Yeah boss."

"What are you thinking about?"

Gibbs looks back out at the road as the cars start moving again.

"Nothing."

"Yeah, right."

Gibbs mumbles under his breath. Tony doesn't hear it, though, as he's shifting in his seat, unbuckled.

"You sure you're up to writing the report?"

"Of course."

Tony answers, very unconvincingly. He rubs the small nick on chin, something that looks more like it was made by a shaver instead of the sharp knife blade.

Gibbs turns the car fast, throwing Tony over on top of his lap and he puts his hand over Tony and grabs his arm. Tony freezes where he landed and feels the car slow down to a stop, probably in a rest area.

"Let me go."

"No."

Gibbs is awfully pushy when it comes to his lover, he's also very demanding. Gibbs grabs Tony's waist and pulls him closer to him, sitting him in the middle of the two seats. His hand loosens on Tony's arm only to be tightened again on in his hand.

"Something's up, tell me."

= Crap. Okay so something is up, but nothing I can't keep to myself. Nothing I can't deal with alone like everything else.=

"Tony!"

"Nothing is 'up' can we go?"

Gibbs shifts in his seat, letting go of the brake but first putting the emergency on, he sits in his seat with is feet up and faces Tony. He looks over at the man, looking at his left ear, he puts his hands on the man's waist again, forcing him to shift so he can face him.

"Tony, sometimes you're hard to read, heck sometimes it's down right impossible. But right now... I can see right through you."

Tony shifts his eyes, trying his hardest to look over Gibbs' shoulder instead of in his eyes. Reluctantly, he does, he looks at the older man's soft blue eyes and notices the worry that is usually buried very noticeable.

"I actually told him I was his friend... I liked him."

Tony pauses, trying again to see past his lover, than failing, continues.

"I told him something I can't even tell you, I told him and he trusted me for that."

"Tony... baby."

Gibbs places his free hand in Tony's and grips it, their fingers intertwining.

"Jethro, I told a killer something I can't tell anyone."

Gibbs pulls Tony closer, into a hug that held Tony as much as helped him.

"I still love you, every part of you, you're secrets as well."

"But..."

Tony starts only to have Gibbs cut him off. He leans in and kisses his distraught lover.

"I still love you, I always will."

With that Tony breaths in a ragged breath only to breath it out with tears running down his cheeks. Gibbs pulls him closer, into another hug.

= Gawd I wish I didn't do this now. =

Gibbs softly pushes Tony's head down so it's resting on his shoulder, Gibbs whispers in his ear.

"You're fine, I'm here, don't worry."

= I liked him. =

"I liked him... Jethro."

Gibbs just holds on tighter as he listens to the whispered ramblings of his lover.

 

The End