Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
6,385
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
7
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,362

Desperately Seeking Santa

Summary:

Pairing: John Shepherd and Rodney McKay (first time) OM pairings implied and first-time
Rating: FRT or maybe FRT-13 if you work at it. Nothing graphic whatsoever
Spoilers: Very slight for Suspicion
Classification: standalone. Christmas fic
Summary: Its Christmas time in Atlantis and yes, folks, there is a Santa Claus
Distribution: please take it freely if you want, all I ask is that you let me know so I didn't come and visit other friends that might be there to. Please keep it intact. Area 52, McShepp, and Wraithbait Archives have my consent and many thanks for posting.
Special Thanks: To all the wonderful friends I have made onlist. Too many to mentions indivdually but you've given me good reasons to post my work and for that I thank you. Also, the many Santa's I have known and loved in my life. Some of them gone now, but not forgotten. And to my very own Santa who is still the best guy I've had under the mistletoe.
Disclaimer: Legally useless, but for the sake of the others I will say; if you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, they don't belong to me and I was only playing with them.
Feedback: yes, I think it's great. I won't even hint that I would go on strike without it. Frankly, I can't be shut up, but FB is awfully warm and fuzzy to get, and who doesn't love warm and fuzzy?
Beta by: Tinnean. She's the best and most magical beta ever. With just a few words, she turns coal into diamonds for me. Her site is: www.angelfire.com/fl5/tinnssinns/ It's chock-full of thoughtful, provocative, and amazing stories, and getting more of them all the time. You owe it to yourself to stop by when you have a chance. Just don't blame me when you get a new addiction. She also is responsible for the wonderful description of Scotch Pies. It makes me think of my mom's own version of Shepherd Pie and makes me hungry every time I think about it.
It goes without saying, but just for the record, any mistakes you may find are entirely my own, I don't need any help in making them.
Authors notes: a stone is an official British unit of weight equal to fourteen pounds (6.3 kilograms) and his most often the term used in Scotland for persons weight. A person weighing 143 pounds would say they weighed 10 and 3 stone. I'm not British or Scottish but my European friends tell me this is how they do it and I'll take their words for it.
In addition there is a reference to Scotch pies by Carson and this is what they really are: A round crusty pastry pie, approximately 10cm (4") in size. Made without using a pie tin, these self-contained pies are filled with minced meat, although much of the meat is often replaced with offal. The tradition is that this meat is mutton, although in modern times beef is almost always used. A variation of the theme may contain onion in addition to the beef. Differentiating between the ordinary pie and the onion variety was traditionally made easier by the number of holes in the top; one for plain, two for onion.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Desperately Seeking Santa
by Tony
Kouros3@bellsouth.net

 

Dear Santa,

It's almost Christmas, or something like it in Atlantis. My, how things change, but somehow we carry our own traditions wherever we travel. Here we are in a whole different galaxy yet we're singing Jingle Bells and Silent Night. It's a bloody shame that we have no snow; I could do with a bit of white Christmas.

Truth be told Santa, I never much liked Silent Night played on the Pipes, but I'd kill to hear it now. Och, who knew I'd be so bloody sentimental over such as that? Still, it's a thing of home and hearth, and it's in my heart. I'm longing to be back in Scotland, even if it's just for a while. I've learned to make do wherever I travel, but a pint and some good mates, fresh Scotch pies and some darts to play in a warm pub would be bloody fine, I'll tell you that for sure.

Now, of course it's become my job to take care of a whole city of people. I do my best Santa. Sure as you're born, they are an accident-prone lot. I expect I'll see each and every one of them sooner or later, parading through my wee medical center. I could wish for a bigger staff and more equipment, and frankly, some Ancient medical technology would be appreciated too. Oh yes, a bloody corner drugstore would be nice while you're in the neighborhood.

For now, all is quiet, and it's time to review some of the posted entries in these good folks' journals. I don't like to be a Tom. Peeping into private matters and reading the personal lives of folks is not so fun, but I need to keep a handle on our mental health. It's essential if we're to make it, we have to stay healthy and keep our chins up.

The amazing thing is that we still are healthy for the most part. Then again, this was a handpicked crew and they are all bright people. Tough-minded too, which is a fine thing to be in this part of the universe. I didn't expect them to start writing you, but I found it right fun and decided it might be good for my own health to send you a wee list of my own.

One thing I'll tell you Santa, I never thought I'd be taking on your bloody job for you. I'm reading away, trying to sift through all the entries and suddenly I realize that I am the perfect one to be your helper here. I see all the requests, and even if they are writing just to clear their minds, some of the good folks here could do with a few presents this year.

It's going to be tough, what with no Malls or online shopping, where are Amazon.com and Toys-r-Us when you need them? But I'm thinking that most of my people will be glad for a bit of mistletoe and some nice cuddling.

Making my own list of who's naughty and who's nice, now this might be a bit of all right. Good thing I see them when they're sleeping and all that sort of thing. Ho ho ho is right. I can see I'm going to need to get some coffee; this list is going to take a while. No rest for the wicked, eh Santa? Och, you bloody old fat man, you fell down on your job didn't you? Maybe you were in your pints, but I can see I'm the one to take up your slack.

Get on with you now; leave it to the Scots to do the work. We may be hard to understand while we're complaining, but we'll get the job done, eh?

You toddle home to the Missus, Santa; we will take care of things here.

Carson.

 

***

Dear Santa,

I know it's been a long time since I wrote you, but I hope you understand. I had to give you up, Santa. It hurt too much when you didn't come, especially since I tried so hard to be good.

Was I all that bad really?

 

The other kids got so many toys; it always seemed so wonderful for them. I hoped that each year you'd come and bring me goodies like they got, stockings full of treats, packages under the tree, maybe a bike. A pony was far too wonderful to dream of hoping for.

Then, I finally got a clue. You weren't coming. Not ever. There were never going to be any special surprises to Rodney from Santa.

To get presents from you I would have had to get a different set of parents. Mine just didn't see me as a child who should be getting such frivolous non-essentials. God forbid they should have spoiled me with a toy. I might never have graduated high school at 13 if they had given me a bike or a swing set. How awful that would have been. No wonder I'm a geek with no people skills.

Why did it have to be that way?

I believed Santa. I really believed.

Now I want to believe again, I need to believe Santa.

If I make my list this year, will you come and visit? Will you check off your list and see that I was nice? Ok, it's you Santa, so you know I may not be exactly what you'd call nice. Being snarky and sarcastic isn't nice. I know that. But I have been good, haven't I? I worked hard Santa, I swear, it's not easy, always trying to save our lives and figure out a thousand new technologies all at the same time. It's tough Santa, and frankly, it's damn scary. I could use a treat.

For my list, I think the first thing I want is a fully charged ZPM. Yeah, that would be great. And while you're at it, how about some really smart allies who know something about Ancient technology? That would be awesome too. I'd like to find a technology that included replicators, and synthesizers, and holodecks like Star Trek. That would make it a very cool Christmas, Santa.

I want a friend Santa, surely that's not too much to ask for. I get lonely here in Atlantis. I don't even have my cat now, and he was all I had. Everyone else seems to have someone, friends or lovers or both.

If that's too much to hope for, I guess I could settle for a stocking full of chocolate bars. Still, a friend would be the best Santa.

Even Zelenka has someone to hang around with. Good grief Santa, Cavanaugh's I.Q. isn't much higher than a box of rocks, he has all the personality of pond scum, and yet I hear he's doing it with that guy from data systems that wears the blue shirt all the time. Can I just say eeewww about that?

Really, Santa, that's just ugly, and you know it. How is it that those guys can find someone, and I can't even find a fellow Trekker? It's not right Santa, there must be some cosmic significance to this, maybe physics really are different here.

Speaking of things that are different, I won't even mention the Happy Athosians and their own version of winter solstice celebrations. Teyla and Halling and all the weird costumes. Those furs and all the horns from those moose-looking animals make them look like they're from a frat party coordinated by Martha Stewart on acid. Jeez, enough is enough. They could make Mr. Rogers gag with their friendly neighbor routine. So much for our allies

Well, ok Santa. Think about it, would you? I doubt if anyone else will, but since you're Santa, maybe you at least could cut me some slack and bring me a present.

Trying to cut back on the snark Santa,

Rodney.

 

***

Dear Santa the jolly old elf,

I have heard many of the Atlantis crewmembers speaking of you. They say that you are the best. I am unsure what you are the best of, but I know it must be a good thing. They all regard you highly, and they consistently tell me that you are wonderful to children.

My people have no knowledge of your existence, and I am still unsure of where the North Pole is, but Major Sheppard assures me if I write you, you will come. I am unsure what that means also, but he says just wait until Christmas and all will be revealed.

I hope that you will be a friend to my people the Athosians, as well as the Atlantis crew. We have many things that are needed by both of our peoples. Here in Atlantis we need supplies and equipment, on the mainland my people need more seeds and tools for farming. John told me to make a list to send to you, and Dr. McKay said he would vouch for me being nice. I fail to understand how that is relevant since I do not know you, but I can assure you that my people are indeed nice, and will not be naughty when you come to visit.

While it is a good thing that they have settled on the mainland, my people are still very dependant on us here in the city. Elizabeth has made us welcome and now we need to return the favor by growing food for us all. Halling asked John if we could attach some of our plows to the Puddle Jumpers. They are powerful and go quickly through the air so it seemed a sensible question. John was reluctant to attempt to pilot one with plows attached to it. Perhaps you could convince him to help us. John is a good man, but he knows little of farming.

If you also visit the Wraith and their young ones, I would advise great caution. They are not to be trusted Santa, and if you are as lively as people say you are, I think you would be a great temptation for them. It seems likely they would devour you.

I wish you well in your journeys and hope to meet you someday. If you come here, please bring Rudolph also. If I understood Dr. McKay correctly, this Rudolph creature has a ZPM on his nose. If he has another one elsewhere, we would be most grateful if he would share it.

Teyla Emmagan.

 

***

Dear Santa,

It's been a while since we talked, but I always loved having you around. You were a great guy for so many years. Funny how you always smelled like my dad's Old Spice aftershave. It was nice to sit in your lap, warm and safe, happy. We had good times, didn't we?

I hope we can do that again sometime. I sure miss you, and I miss being home. Who knew it would be like this? It gets scary here, Santa, but I'm glad I have some cool friends, and some weird but fun toys to play with. Puddle jumpers are the best! Major Sheppard thinks so too, and boy, can he make them do some amazing things.

Santa, I'd love some of my Mom's turkey and dressing, and you know, I'd be a really good boy if I could get some of my granny's pumpkin pie. The smells, the Christmas tree, the family all together, I sure miss it Santa.

I know I'm a grownup now, and I guess it's kind of silly, but I think I'd trade all the toys and even the food if I could just sit in your lap again and for a little while feel warm and safe. I'd give a lot to smell that Old Spice aftershave again Santa.

Your bestest boy,

Aiden.

 

***

 

Dear Santa,

How are you? I hope that you're making out ok back home. I know you're taking good care of Satch and helping Simon get on with life. I wish there was a way to send them a card, a picture, a hug. The weather must be lovely, and I'll bet you've finished all your shopping by now. A present for everyone and all of them waiting for Christmas morning to be unwrapped and enjoyed. I could wish we were all back home to enjoy them as well.

Pegasus galaxy is full of people, hundreds of planets just waiting for us to visit them and make new friends and allies. Still, when it's comes down to the crunch, we're all alone here in Atlantis.

I've learned to relate to you now. Trying to watch everyone and see who's naughty and nice is my job in a way. At least trying to make sure that they all get good things is. These intrepid individuals, all so smart, so brave, so creative, they have become *my people*. My people, that phrase has taken on new meaning for me Santa. It's up to me now to lead them, guide them, to look out for them and provide for them. It's daunting, Santa, having all this responsibility. I hope that you'll help me this year, bring me some good things for my people. Bring us some new allies, some new worlds that will take some of the burden off of my beleaguered staff, and give us some hope in Atlantis.

We could use some friends Santa.

We could use a trip home.

Some hot chocolate with the little marshmallows would be very nice too.

Your friend, as always,

Liz.

 

***

Dear Santa,

Long time no see. Yeah, that's for sure; it's been a while, hasn't it?

How're Rudy and the gang, Santa? I always loved your sleigh and the whole flying gig you had going on. Guess what? I have it now too. Puddle jumpers. Santa, those damn puddle jumpers are awesome. Zero G forces and inertial dampers make the best sleighs ever. Rudy would be so jealous.

Thinking about you makes me remember so many cool things that you used to bring me. Man, you were the best. The toy soldier sets were terrific. I loved all my combat toys, the guns, the knife sets, the plastic hand grenades that squirted water. The year I got the aircraft carrier that shot missiles and had the jets that launched off the deck was beyond fun. The motorized tank that shot out bullets was great too, but I could have wished for more batteries.

Santa, you know my favorite was my G.I. Joe with the action grip and his scuba set. He made bath time fun and exciting while keeping the world safe from the evil Communists.

Who would have thought I'd grow up to be Joe?

Yeah Santa, that's me now. I'm G.I. Joe, the fighting man from head to toe on the land on the sea in the air. That pretty much covers it, huh? I have to keep my people safe. Liz may be in charge of the city, but it's my job to protect us all. My team is really cool Santa, but we could use some new toys.

Remember the Christmas you gave Tommy Johnston the James Bond briefcase? It was so cool. We used to team up, and he had all the gadgets, and I had all the weapons, and we fought Billy and Jimmy Simms every day until most of our stuff broke or we ran out of batteries.

Damn those batteries, Santa! It seems like every time I got a cool toy it was great for a while, and then the batteries ran out of juice. You know what? It's happening again, buddy. Atlantis is the coolest toy ever. It's so big and so awesome, but the battery is going on us, Santa. We need a new one. Think you can help out on that score? My buddy Rodney is trying hard to figure out how to fix the one we have, but so far no luck.

He's a strange one to have for a playmate, but he reminds me a lot of Sammy Silverman. I always thought Sammy was an asshole, but we played together a lot anyway. When a family moves around like mine did, you take what you can get on base. Make friends fast, know that you'll leave them soon, don't get too attached, and get ready to repeat the procedure again in the near future.

Then came the day we got transferred out. I went to say one last goodbye to the gang, and it was all cool. Most of the other kids were like me, they knew the drill. But not Sammy, he ran off and when I found him a little bit later, he was crying. I'll never forget the way he hugged me when we said goodbye. Maybe I should have known all along that he wasn't an asshole. Sammy was just scared and trying to act tough.

I missed that damn kid for a long time Santa; I hope Sammy made a new friend who was nicer than I was to him. If you see him, could you tell him I'm sorry, I was the asshole, not him?

Hey Santa, you know, if you're making the rounds this year and you stop by Rodney's place, could you give him a message for me? Would you tell him I don't think he's an asshole? I finally got a clue. It's hard for me to say things sometimes, old habits are tough to break, but he's a good kid and I'd hate to think all these years later I hadn't learned anything about having friends and the things we do to keep from being scared. Tell him I understand, would you Santa?

Its rough moving all the time Santa, you learn to keep your defenses up. You learn to make jokes and smile a lot and never let people get too close. Now here I am in Atlantis, no moving anymore, huh? Now it's all about making friends, making new allies, and fighting for real. Wraiths are a whole freakin lot scarier than the Communists I fought with Joe. So how about getting us some cool weapons for toys this year? We could seriously use them.

And Santa, I know you'll do your best for me, for us all, but could you please make sure you don't forget extra batteries this year?

Your little soldier,

Johnny.

 

*******

 

Well, it's done then; I've put the bug in their ears. All of them. I'd say a job well done, but I'll wait to see the results before I do. Now I have my own plans to put forth. Christmas is a time for families and we are that. But it needs some romance also. A wee bit of matchmaking, and we'll be set then.

First off, I've got to see about my nurse, McIssac. He's daft as a stone since he met that wee Jew lad Goldstein. Och, what a pair. A great big Newfie lad, blond-haired and blue-eyed, 17 and 5 stone and 195 centimeters. What a brute! There he is, falling ass over teakettle for that dark beauty straight from Israel, and him not a bit more than 170 cents. It's doubtless unkosher, but they'll make a striking pair. Now all I need do is make sure they get on with more than pining for each other.

Oh my, I'm a physician; I shouldn't be thinking such prurient thoughts about someone on my staff. Still I must say, any man that's not a 1 on the Kinsey scale couldn't help but feel a rise in his kilt when thinking of what those two will get up to when they finally get together. Sweet Mary, I don't know if I can take thinking about Silverman climbing on top of McIssac and riding him like a bicycle. Bloody hell, where's a kilt when you need one? It's the only sensible thing for a real man to wear.

And how about John and Rodney? They're dead gone on each other but I'll need to do one of those things the Yanks call a Hail Mary to get them together. John, as thick as a brick, and Rodney, onery as a sow with only one piglet. Well, I don't know how, but I'll get them together.

Let's see, who's next?

 

******

 

"Dinner was wonderful Teyla, please tell all of the people who helped make such a feast for us how much I enjoyed it. I hadn't thought I'd eat food this wonderful until we returned to Earth. Thank you so much."

"You are most welcome, Elizabeth, I hope everyone was pleased. I know many of the dishes were foreign to your people, but they are traditional ones for mine." Smiling at Rodney, she said, "I think Dr. McKay liked the oulat best of all."

"Oulat? Hmm, I didn't catch that name the first time around. Well, it sounds funny but it tastes great. Sort of like pecan pie. Really a lovely dish, you know, I'd hate for something your people made to go to waste. I think I'll have just a bit more."

"I liked the big bird the best!" Aiden exclaimed. "It wasn't turkey but it was close. I wonder if we could farm them. Just think of those eggs! Wow, they'd make some omelets, we could call them Bigbirdkeys and the eggs could be jumbeggs and..."

"Aiden, haven't we talked about your naming schemes?" John asked very softly. "Please don't confuse the Athosians or afflict the crew with Bigbirdkeys. We have enough problems as it is."

Carson discretely cleared his throat and said, "Ah yes, Major. Might I have a wee bit of your time now? I need to speak with you about a certain matter that's come up. I think you're just the lad to handle it. You see it's like this..." Their voices faded as they walked away.

"Teyla, I know that it's very simple but I'd like you to have this. I made it for you. We call it an applique, and it goes on a garment that you wear."

"Thank you Elizabeth, I am sure... Ahhhh! It is lovely. Truly, a thing of beauty. Elizabeth, please tell me, what it this symbol? It must have great meaning among your people."

"Well, actually, it's called a "butterfly", and it's a beautiful insect from my world and also a symbol. It's indicative of a free spirit. Someone who should never be tied down or kept. Rodney helped me with the design. He made a computerized grid pattern on a picture so I could cross-stitch it. The threads in it came from your people. The colors are from dyes they've made from things they found here on this world. I think it suits you Teyla, and I hope you wear it on many happy occasions."

"I am sure that I will. It is of surpassing beauty. I had thought your people had forgotten such skills with their high level of technology, but this is very fine art. I truly love it and thank you for it.

"May I in turn gift you with this? It is a traditional Leader's tunic. My people gift each leader, when they assume their role, with a tunic such as this. The color is that of the soil, the stitching is the color of the sky. It reminds them that they are responsible for all of the people from the lowest to the highest. The fact that it is a simple design reminds them that they are a servant of the people, not kings or queens.

"I have seen many of your clothes, and I know this is very different from your uniforms, but I hope you will wear it with pride. You are a fine leader of your people."

"Teyla, it's lovely, so soft and elegant. I'll bet it's the most comfortable thing I own now. I can't wait to wear it. We'll have to have dinner again soon so I can show it off."

"I would like that very much, Elizabeth. Perhaps we could continue this fellowship on a chosen night each week as we do with watching films at John's. I am sure it would be enjoyable." Turning to them as Carson and John entered the room, she said, "Dr. Beckett, it is good that you and John have returned. We are planning to have more dinners like this and you are most welcome to join us."

"That would be grand Teyla, the food and fellowship were divine. But for now, at least I think it's best if the boys and I were off. If we don't leave now, Rodney will gain a stone's weight from the oulat alone. Besides, if I'm to be St. Nick this night, I need to be getting to it instead of having tea and crumpets with the folks.

"Lt. Ford, I spoke with the Major, and he tells me your team is on stand-down for the rest of the week. How would you like to be Santa's wee helper? There's nay reward for it, but it's a lovely thing to do. If you're a good elf, I'll feed you some scones when we're all done. What say you, laddie?"

"Sure Doc! I'd love to help. You aren't going to make me wear a costume though, are you?"

"Well now, don't forget that I am your physician. I know for a fact, you have the legs to pull off wearing the stockings. Still, if you're a bit shy I won't push you. But we're off now. Come with me lad. Come with me."

 

******

 

"There you are Elizabeth, one dozen packs of the finest Carnation Instant Hot Chocolate, *with* tiny marshmallows!"

"Thank you Carson, you are a dear man. I won't ask how you got them, I'll just say I'm delighted and I'm going to have one before bed. It's a reminder of home, and that's a wonderful thing for me. May I kiss you for being such a good Santa?"

Blushing to the roots of his hair, Carson nodded yes. "And Santa thanks you for being such a dear lass. I'm looking forward to next year."

"Good night Santa, goodnight Santa's little helper. And Merry Christmas to you both."

"She's a dear, isn't she Aiden? Such a lovely woman in her prime, it's too sad to see her all alone here, on the ass end of the Galaxy with no man to cheer her or keep her warm."

"Uh yeah, Doc. You sound like you'd like to apply for the job."

"Me? Aye, well Aiden, I do think Liz is lovely but you know, I can't truthfully say she's my type. I prefer someone a bit more substantial."

"Ah, you like a woman with big, uh, pillows huh?"

"No lad, I don't think it's gotten through to you, but then you're in the Marines, and they taught you not to ask eh? And definitely not to tell."

"Oooooh. Got it. Ok. So who's the next delivery Doc?"

"Well, Liz was the last except for one. I have something for my helper, a wee surprise, but it's in my quarters. So we'll step lively, and I'll give you yours. That way you can hasten on your way to wherever it may be that you're about going."

"Sure! But hey, Doc I need to grab something before I go there. Can I swing by my place and meet you are yours?"

"That would be fine lad, just don't take too long. Santa isn't the young elf he once was, and I'm all for my tea and scones before I nod off tonight. It wasn't easy delivering to a whole city, now was it?"

 

******

 

"Hey Rodney, I came as soon as I could. Carson said you needed to talk to me?"

A dumbfounded Rodney stepped back to invite John inside. "He did? I mean, uh, yes, well, I do have something for you. That is, I wanted to give you a Christmas present, John."

"Really? Wow Rodney, I wasn't expecting anything. You know, it's not like we can run down to the Bass Pro outlet and grab stuff. Or in your case the Naquada Gallery Showcase." John snickered a bit but stopped immediately when Rodney handed him a box. He started to shake it, but Rodney stopped him.

"Just open it John," he said.

John set the box on Rodney's table and slowly lifted the top off. Looking inside he was stunned to see what looked remarkably like a GI Joe. "No way, no way! Rodney, this is Joe! And what's the rest of this?" John lifted Joe from the box and then pulled out a Joe sized raft complete with tiny motor and a wet suit. "Rodney, this is amazing! How on earth did you get this?"

"Hey, I'm a geek. One of the Athosian men carved and painted him, and then Zelenka got some neoprene for me from one of the marines he knows. Some spare parts and one tube of superglue later, G. I. Joe is ready to go, complete with a zodiac rubber raft and outboard motor. Oh, and listen, the batteries won't last forever on a single charge so I made this for you, to go with them." Pulling out a small box and opening it, he reached inside and took out a shiny black rectangle attached to some wires.

"It's a solar-powered battery charger, John. Just plug it in when your motor battery gets low and soon, you'll have Joe back in action."

John looked ready to jump up and down with glee. "Rodney, this is awesome man, I could kiss you!" With that, he threw his arms around Rodney and hugged him fiercely. "Thanks Rodney, I really mean it. You're the best."

When John didn't immediately let go, Rodney slowly returned the hug. "You're welcome John, more than you know; I wanted you to be happy for Christmas."

John pulled away and looked at Rodney, "Hey, I want you to be happy too, Rodney." He put a small bundle in Rodney's hand. "This isn't your present, but it goes with him."

Rodney took the small bundle of cloth and lifted a flap of it to find a leather bridle. "Is this what I think it is, John?"

"Well, if you think it's a horse bridle you'd be wrong, but it's as close as we can get here, and ta-dah! Here's a picture one of the guys took for me of your new pony. As soon as we can, we'll take a jumper over to visit the Athosians, and you can name him and claim him. I know you always wanted one, and he's not really a pony but he's all yours, Rodney."

Rodney found himself staring at the leather bridle, doing his best to manfully hold back his tears. It was important to be manly, wasn't it?

Then he threw himself at John and hugged him as hard as he could. He heard himself babbling thank you, thank you over and over but he didn't care. In fact, he couldn't stop until he felt John's lips on his neck, softly kissing him while John's hands gently rubbed his back.

His exuberance contained momentarily, Rodney pulled back enough to look in John's eyes. "John, didn't you mention something about a kiss a while ago?"

"Why yes, I did Rodney. I think you deserve one don't you?"

Rodney sighed and found himself in a very warm embrace attached to soft lips. Soon there was a playful tongue, coaxing him to yield his mouth to John. The kiss was wonderful but over too soon. "John, I know that it's a bit
forward of a geek like me to ask a military man like you, but is that a G.I. Joe in your pocket or are you really glad to see me?"

John smiled and lifted an eyebrow. "Dr McKay, you know we have a policy of don't ask, don't tell. I couldn't possibly divulge that information. If I did, I'd have to kill you. But I will say this, I *am* GI Joe," and he slid his hands back, each one grabbing a very squeezable handful of McKay ass. "I'm even complete with action grip, and I'm anatomically correct too. Wanna check me out without my uniform on?"

"Why Joe, I think that might be a good idea. It's always best to check out the equipment before a mission, and this isn't something I want to leave to Lt. Ford. I think I'd better see to this personally. How about in my bedroom?"

"Rodney, that's the best idea you've had yet. Tell you what, I'll be Joe, and I'll put this bridle on you and take you for a ride. Think that would work?"

"Ah, sorry Joe, but there's only so much room in this mouth, and I have some other tackle that I think I want to put in it. I think it's better if we try the bridle out later. Besides, I think you're the one who's going to get ridden."

"Oh you do, do you? Well, I think it's time we explore our options, Dr. McKay. You think you can out-wrestle G.I. Joe to see who gets to be on top?"

"Mmmm, Joe, I think I'm about to try and do just that. But even if I can't, I think that we're going to have a merry Christmas. A very merry Christmas now that we have each other."

"You know what, Rodney? I completely agree, and that has got to be a first for us. I think this might turn out to be the best Christmas ever."

"Me too John. Now, please shut up and kiss me."

 

******

 

Stepping into Carson's quarters, Aiden couldn't stop a grin from spreading across his face. He was here, in Carson's space, about to give him a Christmas present. "Hey Doc, I hope that I didn't take too long. I had to grab this last present."

"You did fine Aiden. I've put the tea on and in just a bit we'll have some before toddling off. I thank you for your generosity in helping tonight. I could never have managed without you."

"Sure thing, it was my pleasure. Thanks for letting me tag along. And Doc, this... This is your present. I know a guy that hooked up with some of the Athosians, and they make this stuff. I don't know how it is but, well, I know it's sort of like that ale you drink back home."

"Let me see lad. Bless me, Father! It's a wee keg you've brought me. Ahh, if it's anything but what should go back into the horse then I'll savor every pint of it. You're a kind fellow to think of me like this. What a treasure! I'll lift a glass to your name lad, and bless you every time I see the bottom of one."

"Thanks Doc, I'm glad you like it. I... I really did enjoy myself tonight. I mean. not just the presents, but being with you."

"Thank you, now Aiden, now how about I give you your present? I hope you'll enjoy it, I know you like the brand. Here you are, wear it in good health Aiden, and know that I think you're a fine fellow. You've got a kind word and a darling smile for everyone you meet. You're truly a ray of sunshine for us all. I know you miss your Da, but if you ever need to talk, well, I hope you know you can come to me."

"Thanks, Doc. Uh, could you do me a favor? You know, as Santa?"

"Certainly lad. What can Santa do for you?"

"I'd like to sit in your lap while I open my present."

"Och, well if that's what you want, far be it from Santa to say no to you. Climb aboard, laddie. It's a hug and a ho ho ho you'll be wanting, and it's a hug and ho ho ho that you'll be getting."

"Thanks Santa! I love sitting here with you. And this! This is awesome. Where in Atlantis did you ever find Old Spice? Man, this is the best."

"Ah well Aiden, you're welcome but I thought you wrote me that puddle jumpers were the best?"

"Hah! Santa, you just don't know the half of it do you? Those journals don't tell you everything you know? So maybe, Santa, maybe I should tell you something. You promised to listen if I ever wanted to talk."

"Of course Aiden, for you I'm all ears. At least until the tea kettle blows."

"Santa, uh Carson, I wanted to tell you, I. umm, well, I was really glad you asked me to help tonight. I mean, not just to help, but to be with you. You know what I mean? I'd really like to hang around some more; maybe, you know, have some tea and um... sit in your lap?

"Sweet Jesus, Aiden! You don't mean... I mean, that's just fine if you do, what I mean to say is I didn't know, didn't have a clue that you were." Then raised his head and smiled, his expressions often sweet. "That you would. With me? Aiden, I'm a decade your senior. Are you sure it's me that would suit you? You're a fine figure of a young man, you could have your pick you know?"

"Oh yeah, I know what I want. I know *exactly* what I like, Carson. I really get off on guys with big blue eyes and thick funny accents. And I like the kind of guy that lets me sit in his lap and cuddle."

"Oh dear, there's the kettle. Well, how about we have some tea and scones and talk some more then?"

"Sure Santa, I think we should do that. Afterwards, I think it will be time for me to climb up in your lap and make a big Christmas wish. Unless those baggy Santa pants lied, I think it's about to come true."

"Oh laddie, this may be the best Christmas yet."

"Let's hope so, Santa." Aiden leaned forward, and Carson held his breath as he met his lips. Aiden kissed him very gently, then raised his head and smiled, his _expression soft and sweet and filled with joy. "Let's hope so."

 

End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Tony.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.