Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
491
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,259

Chasing Christmas

Summary:

rating: pg13
main characters: Cordelia Chase, Sabertooth
Cordelia Chase/Victor Creed
disclaimer: you know they aren't mine.
distribution: Twisting, Mental Wanderings - anyone else want it?
notes: consider this a holiday 'What if?' for the universe of Family Tree/A Cat's Tale.

Work Text:

Chasing Christmas
by Lucinda

 

Cordelia fidgeted, hoping that this would go nicely. Then she sighed, knowing that no matter how much she hoped otherwise, things would be awkward. She was bringing Vic with her for her parents' annual Christmas party, and it was obvious that he was at least several years older than she was. And it was also pretty clear that he was a mutant.

"Why are you so nervous? You like dressing up." Vic muttered, fussing with the burgundy tie of his formal wear.

"Well, yes." Cordelia smiled, glancing over her gown. Dark green with gold beadwork along the neckline, and a slit in one side. She looked elegant and gorgeous. "I look good in formal wear. But my parents..."

"You don't think they'll approve." He made a gesture at himself, indicating the height, the claws, and his dark eyes.

"Actually, I was thinking more about trying to explain the fact that you're clearly several years older than me, and how do I make sure they don't think you're some sort of perv hunting for sweet, innocent young things?" She shook her head. "It's not going to be fun."

"You aren't that innocent." He reached out, tracing over her cheekbone. "Or don't they know that?"

"I'm going to be daddy's sweet little munchkin until I've got gray hair and wrinkles." Cordelia paused, and made a face at the image. "Wait, there's plastic surgeons and hair dye for that."

He chuckled, certain that he wouldn't have to worry about either of those things.

"You look good in the suit, try to look..." Cordelia paused, looking over him again thoughtfully. "Well, you can't do harmless. Try to look respectable and rich. It's amazing how much some people will forgive money for, and my parents fall into that category."

"I think I used to kill people like that." Vic mused, pondering his fragmentary memories. "Then I worked for Magento."

"And now you're Willow's bodyguard. Yeah, I know. Try not to mention that, it might send them into a discussion of politics." Cordelia shuddered. "I'd rather hunt vampires."

"Me too." He sighed, and offered her his arm. "Shall we go face the party?"

"Why do I feel like you'd rather deal with a firing squad?" Cordelia could feel herself smiling as they walked towards her parent's house.

"Firing squads are easy. You charge while they're firing and rip them apart about the time they run out of bullets. It's hell on the wardrobe though." He shrugged, and then frowned. "Maybe you shouldn't try that."

She just laughed. "I'll pass. It's just a party, it won't be that bad."

Vic just raised his eyebrow. "Sunnydale, remember?"

"Oh no..." Cordelia groaned. "Okay, when some vicious killer reindeer attacks the party, you can kill it."

"Maybe this party won't be so bad after all." Vic seemed to brighten at the idea of attacking killer reindeer.

Ringing the doorbell, they entered the Chase manor.

 

End Chasing Christmas.