Adult Content Warning

This work could have adult content. If you continue, you have agreed that you are willing to see such content.

If you accept cookies from our site and you choose "Yes, Continue", you will not be asked again during this session (that is, until you close your browser). If you log in you can store your preference and never be asked again.

  1. Tags
    Summary

    Pairings: J/B
    Size: 160k
    Status: Complete
    Date: 12/16/04
    Category: Drama, Series
    Author's website: http://www.squidge.org/~nat1228/TSslash.htm
    This story is a sequel to: Labyrinth
    ARCHIVE: Okay to WWOMB; Do You Want Fries With That?
    Disclaimer: Pet Fly and Paramount own the copyright to The Sentinel and its characters. This piece of fan fiction was written solely for the love of the characters and to share freely with other fans. No profit is being made from the posting of this story.
    Author's Notes: I would like to give a nod of thanks to ShayAlyce, who suggested a "five years after" story needed to be written. Additional thanks must also go to my betas, who always make my stories into gems. In the great tradition of all-star casts, they are, in alphabetical order: Elaine, KimberlyFDR, Lyn, Mary, Montserrat and Terri. Ladies, thank you all so very much for your help. This story previously appeared in devious developments press as "A Silence Full of Music" by Nancy Taylor, and at My Mongoose E-Zines.
    *Thanks:* A special thanks to the Court TV program "Forensic Files: Nursery Crimes" for the murder weapon and some crime details.
    Story Notes: *Medical Note:* A tracheostoma (stoma) is a hole about the size of a quarter in the throat where the Adams apple used to be. It is created when a patient is forced to have his entire larynx removed due to cancer or other disease. The surgery physically separates the esophagus and trachea. The trachea ends at the stoma; the patient now breathes through this opening, instead of through the nose/mouth. Unless there is some sort of internal or external artificial device, the patient can no longer speak. Blair uses an in-dwelling artificial voice prosthesis that allows near-normal speech. This prosthesis bridges the gap between the esophagus and trachea with a one-way valve that allows the patient to eat normally and still speak. For more information on how this all came about, see the three earlier stories in the series: "Without Words," "Never Get an Anthropologist Talking," and "Labyrinth."
    Summary: A five-year cancer survivor, Blair finds himself going undercover into a cancer support group to help flush out a mercy killer and, in the process, becomes a target.
    Warnings: m/m, h/c, angst

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    28,915
    Chapters:
    3/3
    Collections:
    1
    Kudos:
    13
    Bookmarks:
    2
    Hits:
    2,164