Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
728
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
774

That’s How It Is

Summary:

An Attack from my muse

Work Text:

That's How It Is
by heehee
owrai_wa_no_baka@yahoo.com

Say you were in a horrible war, and you were incharged with being the leader of your country. Your troops are your brothers and sisters. You are entrusted with their very lives, and you will do anything to save them.

You find out the leader of the other army is in the process of sneaking into your base, probably finding out all your secrets and preparing to murder you. But you do nothing. You allow him into your fortress, you allow him to roam the halls and enter into your rooms.

And you're happy about it.

Why? To let him in, to give him permission to do whatever he wishes. To know that he'll betray you-- and risk your life for him anyway.

Sounds like some sort of horrible disease. But it's not. It's the 'power' of love. There is no logic in love. There is no reason. It'll tear you down, and it'll leave you with nothing. You can work and work on it, but it'll just leave you empty, clinging onto anything that gives you even the smallest of hope.

Leave you with nothing but a cold smirk and shrug.

Nothing can help this.

This's how the world works. To fight against this is foolish. To keep up the blinding 'rose-colored' glasses and hope for the best. Hope for someone who will feel the same way about you, for a day, and leave you the next.

All you can do is close yourself off and hope for the strength to say no. To keep them at bay. Ignore the smiles, the caring tone. Ignore the supporting hand on your shoulder and let yourself be alone in the world. You get stronger that way. You build up your fortress till it's so strong, no one would dare break through.

No one would dare sneak by your defensives. Roam your halls and rooms. Get close to your heart, to only have
them stab it. That's how it is.

 

Let's say I was in a horrible war, and I was charged with being the leader of my country. My troops are my brothers and sisters. I'm entrusted with their very lives, and I would do -anything- to save them.

And I find out the leader of the other army is in the process of sneaking into my base, probably finding out all my secrets and preparing to murder me. But I do nothing? I allow him into my fortress, I allow him to roam the halls and enter into my rooms.

And I'm happy about it. Why?

To be able to trust someone so much that I'll happily show them my greatest weaknesses, to have someone that I could have, someone I could forgive without feeling dumb.

Someone who would be, not perfect, but mine. Someone I could worry for, someone who I could care for, but I don't even know if they'll do the same for me. -That's- the power of love. Love's power can build you up and give you the strength to go just that much further. It can take you to places and widen your heart and mind so much. It can give you such a full feeling, so you have nothing else to longe for. It's not always perfect. Sometimes it can leave a bitter taste, but the more you work the more precious it will become.

But what if he's blocked himself off? What if the walls around his heart are so strong, it's almost impossible to tear down? What if he ignores my caring tone, shrugs off my hand? To keep on trying with a smile is so hard. And sometimes I'll feel like an idiot for even trying. But then he'll break down one brick, just one small brick-- of course to only have it closed up again. But when it's fallen, and I could see his warmth in his eyes, or just the hurt, makes all it worth it. All I can do is bring him close to my heart and wish for the best. Show him trust and pray for the same. And the bricks will fall quicker.

 

-That's- how it is.