Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2012-05-16
Words:
3,938
Chapters:
8/8
Kudos:
24
Hits:
2,762

Fair Play

Summary:

Picking up where "Dealer's Wild" left off, we follow Johnny Gage as he tries to get out of constantly losing at cards and ending up with the dishes.

Chapter 1: (Part 1-8)

Notes:

Part: 1/?
Rating: PG
Pairing: N/A
Archive: Yes
Summary: Picking up where "Dealer's Wild" left off, we follow Johnny Gage as he tries to get out of constantly losing at cards and ending up with the dishes.
Content Warning: Some harsh language.
Copyright: April 2001 By Robin R. Neher
THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED.
FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.
THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Chapter Text

Fair Play
By Robin R. Neher

As Johnny Gage washed the dishes for the sixteenth straight time, he sighed in resignation.

"Junior, fair is fair. You knew the rules when this whole thing started." Roy DeSoto reminded his young partner. "You're just upset cause you lost again. Johnny, when you play a game, you've got to be prepared to lose. You also have to be a good loser."

"Roy, I lost at a game I made up!" Johnny whined.

"What does that tell you?" Roy asked.

"That I'm a lousy card player!" Johnny griped as he washed and dried the last of the lunch dishes. "There, they're all done! I'll just end up doing them again at dinner!"

"Johnny, somebody has to do it." Roy soothed. "Everyone has to do their fair share here."

"I know, I know." Johnny sighed. "I just think it's a little unfair that I should get stuck with the fucking dishes sixteen times in a row!"

"Johnny, you lost sixteen times in a row." Roy laughed. "We haven't been unfair to you or taken advantage of you in any way, have we?"

"No." John admitted. "I just wish there was a better way to divide up the chores around here."

"What's wrong with the card games?" Roy asked as he and Johnny joined the rest in the station's rec room. "Everyone has an equal chance."

"Roy's right, John." Captain Dick Hammer agreed. "We played fair, I saw to that. You knew the rules going in."

"I know, It's just that washing dishes sixteen times in a row sucks!" Johnny complained.

"Can you think of a better way to divide the chores, John?" Cap Hammer asked. "Can you think of a way around them?"

"Uh, Cap." Roy warned.

"Ya, Know, I think I can find a way to make life around here easier." Johnny grinned.

"Then, this is your baby. You're labor officer for this shift." Hammer smiled, evilly, then headed toward his office.

"Cap!" Johnny protested.

"Johnny, how many time have I told you about volunteering?" Roy giggled.