Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
539
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,453

After Curfew

Summary:

Snape sees Harry out after curfew. He follows him.

Work Text:

************************************

Running footsteps could be heard pounding loudly down the empty corridors of Hogwarts. There was no fear of running into anyone as it was after curfew. All good boys and girls were tucked up snuggly in their beds.

Professor Severus Snape, Potions Master, was haunting these same hallways, looking for those who were not good boys and girls. And since Harry Potter, the bloody Boy-Who-Lived-to-Break-Rules, was a student there, the footsteps had to belong to him.

Blending in with the shadows, Professor Snape followed the sounds swiftly and silently. He caught a glimpse of wild black hair and the flash of a reflection from the lens of glasses. He smiled darkly. Potter.

The footsteps stopped just beyond the next corridor. Professor Snape lengthened his stride. A moment more and he would have the incorrigible brat. His smile thinned. As he opened his mouth to take House points, a familiar voice caught him off guard.

"You're late."

Snape pulled closer into the shadows across the hallway. He moved carefully, trying to get into a position where he could see without being seen.

"I'm sorry," Potter whispered.

"You know the rules."

The Potter boy dropped his head. "I do."

An elegant, pale hand reached out and grabbed Potter's jumper, pulling him closer to the as yet unseen body. Unmistakable sounds of kissing could be heard.

"Joy," Snape muttered to himself. "Another hurried snog and uncouth coupling. I detest adolescents." He shuddered and moved forward another step or two. There he had an unrestricted view of two boys embracing tightly, kissing passionately, dark hair entangling with white-blonde.

The kiss broke as the couple came up for a required breath of air, and Snape could clearly see the flushed features of his star pupil, Draco Malfoy. 'Malfoy?' Snape's eyes widened in shock. It was a well known fact that these two hated each other. Their daily fights were legendary. Yet there could be no mistake. Shaking his head in bewilderment, Snape decided to watch a little longer.

Harry trailed his fingertips sweetly, lovingly across Draco's sharp cheekbones. Keeping his eyes on Draco, he lowered himself gracefully till he knelt, vulnerable, at the Slytherin's feet. "I am yours. How may I serve you?" As he quietly spoke these words, he bent his head submissively.

Snape inhaled sharply at the sight before him. Never had he imagined such heartfelt capitulation from Potter of all people. For all of the fear he inspired, the Dark Lord could never command the beauty and respect that Potter willingly gave to Malfoy at that moment.

"Love me, Harry."

At the lowly uttered words, Harry rose to his feet and cupped Draco's face in his hands. "I do, my dragon. Loving you gives me hope."

"And loving you has changed my life. I will never take the Dark Mark."

Softly slipping away into the shadows, Snape gave the boys their privacy.

"Well done, Mr. Potter," whispered their Professor as he headed back to his dungeons. "Twenty points to Gryffindor."