Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-02-24
Words:
5,626
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
1
Kudos:
19
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
2,460

Destiny's Twist

Summary:

Disclaimer-Hell yes there mine...can't you tell by how desperate I am to go and get a job to actually pay my bills(and yes, that would be sarcasm *G*)
Pairing-H/D(but of course)
Summary-What would Harry's life have been like it someone had found him at the Dursley's when he was first left there
Warnings-Dumbledore bashing....Ron abuse..possible other Weasley abuse but I'm not sure yet(although there's a good chance that both Molly and Percy may get it too)
Feedback is loved and desired

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Part 1

Chapter Text

Destiny's Twist
By Kaitelynn

 

A dark figure watched as two people talked about the fate of a young boy. He listened as they argued about leaving the child with his relatives until the woman finally gave in and agreed with her partner, unaware of their audience. The man stayed quiet as the pair finally disappeared, not surprised to see the woman turn into a cat and the man to just disappear into thin air. Once he was sure that the two were gone and the street was quiet once more, he left his hiding place and made his way over to the step that now help the baby boy.

"Ahhh, young one, why did they leave you here all alone?" The man said, leaning down and picking up the child who instantly began to snuggle against his chest. He kissed the top of the baby's head. "There is no way that old fool doesn't know how you will be treated if left in their care. I don't understand why he would insist that you stay here when there are perfectly good wizarding families that would love to have you live with them."

"You know perfectly well why that old windbag doesn't want Harry to live in the world he was born too," another voice answered. The man turned around to face the newcomer, acknowledging his presence with a nod. To look at the two men, one would wonder what they had in common. Where one had black hair and brown eyes, the other had platinum blonde hair and silver eyes that were a family trait. Even their personalities clashed. The dark haired one gave off an air of sternness and bare tolerance of most things while his partner could charm most everyone, even if it was only an act. But you couldn't find closer friends. "He doesn't want young Harry here knowing of his heritage until he deems fit to inform the boy."

"Even if it means that Harry is raised by people that would like to see us dead almost as much as the Dark Lord would have the world free of Muggles," the blond finished. "Yes, I know."

"He doesn't believe the Dark Lord is gone for good. I heard him talking to McGonnigal. He believes that Voldemort will rise again one day and I believe that is why he left Harry here." The blond snorted.

"Makes sense. Leave the boy with people who he knows will abuse him, and goes against everything that Lily wanted. That way, when it comes time, Dumbledore can swoop in and seem like Harry's savior and that way he can mold Harry into whatever he needs the boy to be."

"Exactly."

"He'll use that little boy as a weapon and then discard him when he no longer has any use for him." The blond looked at his companion, a determined look on his face. "We can't let that happen. And not just because of his role in the wizarding world. No child should be forced to live as Harry will if he is left here."

"What do you suggest? Your home is under round the clock surveillance, so the Ministry will know immediately if a new child appeared in your home. And my position at the school negates any ability I would have to raising him. And with his scar, Harry will be too recognizable in our world for him to go without notice. Dumbledore will be able to find him."

"Not if Harry isn't in England." The brunet looked at his friend.

"You have a plan?"

"I was thinking that maybe your sister in America would be interested in raising him," the blond said. "Narcissa mentioned that she was having trouble getting pregnant and that she and her husband were thinking of adopting a child."

"Yes. Sophia and Michael said something along those lines to me also." A look of comprehension entered the man's face. "You're not thinking what I think you are?"

"Why not? It's perfect. Harry gets to grow up in the wizarding world, like he was meant to, without having to deal with the whole "Boy Who Lived" crap that Dumbledore is feeding the rest of the world. Your sister will get the child that she had been wanting. And we can do it completely legally without Dumbledore knowing a thing."

"How?"

"Have Sophia adopt him. I'm sure these Muggles will have no problem signing away whatever rights they have to him. Not with how much they hate wizards. Then we simply have your sister adopt him in America. And we can do it the Muggle way. I think that's perfectly fitting considering the fact that Dumbledore left him in this world."

The brunet thought about it and liked the idea. He loved his sister and knew how much she wished to have a child of her own. And she and her husband had made a good life for themselves in America since they moved there to get away from Voldemort and his followers. In fact, the blond had even tried to encourage his wife to join Sophia when she became pregnant with his own child, but she had refused. He couldn't see anything wrong with his friend's plan.

"I believe that would work. And with Harry being in America he will sufficiently be out of Dumbledore's range of influence. Yes, I do believe that would work out perfectly."

The brunet bent down and grabbed the things that had been left with Harry and the two men, and one child, disappeared. Privet Drive, once again, became quiet in the night air and their was no evidence that Harry Potter, Lucious Malfoy, or Severus Snape had ever been there in the first place. In fact, if it wasn't for Luscious visiting the home the next day to have the resident's sign the papers allowing for Harry's adoption, no one would ever no that a little boy was supposed to be there.

 

END PART 1