Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,131
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,505

Dared to Love

Summary:

Pairing: Harry/Ron
Disclaimer: The lovely Ms. Rowling owns ALL these characters.
Rating: PG (or is it PG-13? I’m not quite sure)
Note: My first Slash story, sorry ‘bout the Lavender/Wand thing, my friend made me put it in.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Dared to Love
by Ozymandias
dont_waltz@yahoo.com

 

"Dare," Ron finally decided.

Seamus eyed his prey evilly, "You sure? We all know that I can get rather creative with my dares."

"Do your worst, Leprechaun," Ron taunted.

Harry sighed. Ron was being an Idiot. He's just going to wind up with something even worse than Seamus' last dare, which was making Parvati do a striptease to 'Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer'. The group of Gryffindors, headed by Seamus Finnagin, had agreed to meet in the boys dormitory at midnight. Naturally all the boys showed up, excepting Neville who was desperately trying to fall asleep in his Four-Poster. Only three of the girls showed up, Hermione, Parvati Patil, and Lavender Brown.

"Fine Ronny boy, you win."

Seamus drifted into thought and a few minutes passed before anyone spoke, and that person was Ron.

"Ha! He's lost it, he can't even come up with a good Dare!"

"No, that's not it at all. You told me to do my worst, and I plan to do just that! Hmmm.... Now here's a fairly amusing dare. Yes, I think I've got it!"

"Well what is it then!" Ron was beginning to look annoyed with the Irish boy.

"I dare you to go into that closet in the corner, and not come out until you have made out with your very best friend, and yes that includes tongue."

"Hermione? Seamus, no offense, but that dare isn't even clever. It's hardly up to your standards."

Ron looked thoroughly pleased, and all the worry drained out of his head. Hermione blushed slightly, but everyone knew that Hermione had fancied Ron since our third year, so she also had a look of happiness on her face.

"No Weasley, you didn't let me finish. I meant your other best friend"

 

Seamus pointed right at Harry. Harry and Ron were in complete shock, and couldn't even manage to make out a complete sentence. Dean Thomas roared with laughter, Lavender and Parvati let out what was probably the loudest giggle in the History of Hogwarts. Hermione looked disappointed, but also very amusing at the idea of Harry and Ron snogging each other in the broom closet.

Seamus escorted the duo over to the broom closet and shut the door, he quickly pointed his wand towards the knob and whispered something.

"Now the door handle won't open until you two have thoroughly snogged one another, see you in a little bit!"

Harry could hear Seamus' footsteps as he walked back to the table that they had transfigured out of a candlestick.

"Do your worst, you said, well I guess the only way you could have gotten an even worse dare is if Seamus had you get into a closet with Hagrid! Mind you, it would have to be a fairly huge closet."

Ron turned an even darker shade of purple.

"H..Harry...I'm really sorry...but if you really think about it... it's really not all that bad. Surely this is easier than fighting Voldemort in a duel..."

Ron was just trying to lighten him up, Harry thought, but he's right. Why should this be a big deal? Kissing was basically the only thing the two of us haven't done together.

"Well Ron, we should just get this over with then"

"Yeah..."

"So, how should we go abou...."

But Harry couldn't finish his statement, for the moment he turned to Ron, he was pressed up against the wall. Ron looked into Harry's eyes and smiled, stroking his cheek tenderly. Harry tried to say something, but nothing but air came out of his mouth. Ron moved in quickly, and kissed Harry. It was a gentle kiss, but warm, sweet, and full of emotion. What was only a second lasted several eternities to Harry, he wanted to pull away, but at the same time he wanted to have the kiss never end. When Ron finally pulled away it must have suddenly struck him that he had actually kissed Harry, because he was blushing crimson.

"...Ron...."

"I'm sorry Harry! I don't know what came over me! I..."
"It's ok Ron..."

"I'm seriously sorry though!"

"And I seriously don't mind."

And that's just what scares me the most, Harry thought, I should care. He's my best friend for God's sake! But I am ok. And I liked it, I liked it more then possibly anything I've ever experienced in my life. It was just so...perfect.

It was silent for the next few minutes. Ron had slumped down onto the floor, and so had Harry. Every now and then Ron would sneak a glance at Harry to try to guess at what he was feeling. The tension from the silence escalated quickly, but Harry couldn't form any words. Finally Ron broke the Ice.

"Re...remember that time we were looking for Herm...and barged into the Girls Dorm? Lavender wouldn't even look at us for a month after that! She's probably still scared we'll tell Dean that we saw her...putting her wand to good use!"

All Harry could manage was to grin and nod quietly, and it took Ron a few moments to stop laughing. Soon silence retook the room, and the tension was higher than ever.

Of course I remember that, Lavender paid us each a galleon to keep our mouths shut. But why didn't I laugh? It is amusing, but Ron is cleverer than he looks. He's purposely trying to say something that will conquer both fields of tension, something funny to make me laugh and prove I'm not angry with him, and something involving girls to switch our thoughts to girls, as supposed to how hot Ron is sitting there looking all confused. Dammit! What am I thinking? Stop it, Harry you're starting to worry me...

"Ron..."

"Y...yes Harry?"

"The kiss before..."

Harry blushed, and Ron looked panicked.

"Yes?"

"It felt... so..."

"...Perfect"

In an instant they were Kissing again, and this time Harry relaxed into it. They adjusted themselves, and Ron was straddling Harry and kissing him with all the emotion he had pent up in his body. Harry gasped for air, and Ron took the chance to break into Harry's mouth. Their tongues danced between the two boys' mouths and for a second that lasted forever, It felt like they were one being, with a single heart, a single mind, and a single body. After a while, they broke apart, realizing that they had been in the closet for nearly 45 minutes.

"Ron... just one more thing before we go back out..."

"Yes, Harry?"

"Next time tell Seamus to give you an even worse dare."

They opened the closet and walked back into the light, Robes rustled, lips flushed, and grinning like they had just single-handedly won the House Cup.

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ozymandias.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.