Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
811
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
1,052

Celebration!

Summary:

Harry and Draco celebrate their first Yule season together. A fluffy 500 word drabble.

Work Text:

Celebration!
By: Fae Moon
Pairing: Harry/Draco
Warning: AU/Slash/Romance
Feedback: Much appreciated
Disclaimer: All characters of the HP universe belong to JK Rowling.
Summary: The boys celebrate their first Yule season together.

***************************

Putting a restraining hand on Harry's arm, Draco stopped Harry outside of the Slytherin common room. He gently removed Harry's glasses, ignoring the quizzical look from his lover.

"Close your eyes," he commanded.

Quick to obey, Harry's long lashes fluttered down to cover his brilliant green eyes.

A quietly murmured spell and Harry felt a blindfold wrap softly across his eyes securing them shut.

Instinctively Harry lowered his voice. "What's going on?" he whispered.

"Just accept me as your leader, Potter."

Harry sputtered in mock outrage. "You... you aggravating prat!"

Snickering lightly, Draco wrapped an arm firmly around his Gryffindor's waist and led him through the enchanted wall into Slytherin territory. Whistles, catcalls, and razzing comments met Harry's ears as he was guided past Draco's housemates towards his private rooms.

The Slytherins were now used to seeing Harry in their common room since Draco and Harry had been dating since the beginning of seventh year. Seeing Harry blindfolded, however, gave them an opportunity for some good-humored teasing.

Once they were safely in his rooms, Draco untied the blindfold. Harry inhaled the heavy fragrance of fresh pine, wood smoke, and the underlying masculine scent of Draco.

"Here, love," Draco said as he handed Harry's glasses back to him. Harry blinked as his eyes adjusted to the soft candlelight that spilled over the room. A stately double needle pine stood in a corner surrounded by open boxes of glittering ornaments. A large holly wreath commanded a place of honor over the mantelpiece. The table held two matching wooden bowls and two pewter goblets. One bowl held apples, oranges, nuts and berries, and freshly baked breads. The other was filled to the brim with an unfamiliar steaming hot beverage. In the fireplace burned a huge oak log, crackling and sparking merrily. Mistletoe sprigs decorated every doorframe.

"Ohhh." A breathy sigh of pleasure.

Taking the stunned Gryffindor by the hand, Draco led him to the tea table and began ladling up the beverage. "Since this is our first Yule together I wanted a special Solstice celebration for you. This is a traditional drink called Wassail. The recipe has been in my family for generations."

"Ummm." Harry sipped cautiously. "Damn, Draco! Are you trying to get me drunk?"

"No, you uncouth barbarian. The better the quality of the liquor, the wealthier the family. And, the Malfoy's are quite wealthy," Draco smirked. "Let's decorate the tree."

As Harry reached for a strand of lights, Draco turned to him with a shy smile. "Harry, will you accept this gift from me as a token of my affection for you?" In his hand was an exquisitely wrought silver chain with a charm in the shape of a blazing sun. Engraved on it were the words:

Harry
I am
Forever Yours
Draco

 

With a delighted cry, Harry bent his head and allowed Draco to fasten the necklace around his throat. Eyes glittering with tears he turned to capture his lover's mouth in a tender kiss of love and commitment.

********************************

The Malfoy Family Wassail Recipe

4 bottles Port, Sherry, or Madeira wine
12 egg yolks 1 teacupful water
6 egg whites 1 1/2 lbs. granulated sugar per 4 bottles wine
12 roasted apples

For Each bottle of wine used, take the following whole spices:
10 grains mace; 46 grains cloves; 37 grains cardamom seeds; 28 grains cinnamon; 12 grains nutmeg; 48 grains ginger; 49 grains coriander seeds.

Simmer a small quantity of the following spices in a tea cupful of water, viz.: Cardamums, cloves, nutmeg, mace, ginger, cinnamon, and coriander.

When done, put the spice to four bottles of port, sherry, or Madeira, with one pound and a half of fine loaf sugar (pounded) to four bottles, and set all on the fire in a clean bright saucepan; meanwhile, have yolks of 12 and the whites of 6 eggs well whisked up in it. Then, when the spiced and sugared wine is a little warm, take out one tea cupful; and so on for three or four cups; after which, when it boils, add the whole of the remainder, pouring it in gradually, and stirring it briskly all the time, so as to froth it. The moment a fine froth is obtained, toss in 12 fine soft roasted apples, and send it up hot.

(From The Book of Days, etc., ed. by R. Chambers, 1863, p. 28.)
Excerpted and edited from "A Sip Through Time", p. 204, Cindy Renfrow.