Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
880
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,068

Just What I Wanted

Summary:

main characters: Xander Harris, Erika
disclaimer: I don't own them. Xander was created by Joss, Erika is from the movie Underworld.
distribution: Twisting, Mental Wanderings - or by request
notes: AU post s6, post Underworld the Movie.

Work Text:

Just What I Wanted
by Lucinda

 

As Xander stretched, enjoying the caress of silken sheets over his body, he sighed. It was starting to look like maybe he owed Buffy an apology after spending so many years teasing her about dating vamps.

"Room service should have something sent up in a few minutes." Erika's voice was soft, and she smiled at him as she settled on the edge of the bed. "You're probably starving after last night."

Xander could feel himself blushing as he studied his knuckles. "Yeah, well... I couldn't just let that guy rip you apart. It's just not cool behavior, even from a werewolf."

"Most people would have run screaming at that point, not shot him." She leaned closer, her fingers trailing over his leg, only the thin silk sheet separating their flesh. "And the fact that you just happened to have silver bullets... You have no idea how grateful I am for that, Xander."

In as serious a voice as he could manage with her hand resting on his thigh, Xander spoke. "You should never, ever run screaming from a shifted werewolf. It catches their attention and makes them think you're dinner."

"I would have been dinner." Erika shuddered. "I thought we were both going to be dinner, after you fell on that patch of ice."

"It's a legacy of my interestingly spent youth - if I'm still conscious, I can try my best to get the nasty." Xander shrugged, feeling glad that she wasn't staring at all the scars he'd picked up in Sunnydale and after.

Erika brushed her hand over his cheek, and sighed. "Your eyes look so old for someone so young."

"What, eyes that have seen this much horrible stuff should belong to a centuries old guy? Maybe a vampire?" Xander shrugged, considering the idea. "I grew up on a Hellmouth, I think that's more than enough."

Erika gasped, and looked over him once more. "You didn't just live there, you fought there. Your body tells me that. Among other things."

For a moment, he wasn't certain if she was going to kiss him or pounce on him, and he wasn't to certain either one would be a bad thing. But it was a definite shock when there was a knock at the door, and a muffled call of 'Room service.'

Erika came back with a tray of food, and tucked a lock of her blond hair behind her ear. "So, what sort of dating policy did the Hellmouth leave you with? Did you swear off older women?"

Xander managed not to laugh as he considered his history. "No, I never swore off older women. Actually, every single woman that I ever dated was at least a little older, and while I had a thing for Buffy, who's a couple months younger, she never really returned my interest. What it did leave me with was the firm idea that virginity can be lethal, sex can be dangerous, and it's best to make quite certain if the nights activities are going to end up with public nudity and or death."

"But I haven't even done anything threatening!" Erika protested, and then her cheeks turned faintly pink. "Umm..."

Xander raised one eyebrow. "Actually, that was some of the women in my past."

"Remind me to ask about that later..." Erika murmured, settling herself beside him on the bed. "So, have you ever dated a vampire?"

Considering everyone in his past, Xander frowned. "Ampata was close, and Dru wanted to turn me, but that was just because of the spell. So, technically, no, I haven't dated a vampire."

Her eyes twinkling with mischief and something else, Erika held a fistful of green leaves over his head, and leaned in to kiss him. It wasn't a little brush of lips over lips, but a deep, intense kiss that left him feeling rather breathless.

"Mistletoe." Her words were soft. "So, can I convince you to change your answer?"

"I haven't dated a vampire yet." Xander grinned. "I don't think ending up naked in your bed is quite the same thing, and that's just because the werewolf bled all over me, combined with the muck under the ice patch."

"Should I say, can I convince you that dating a vampire might be worth it?" She kissed him again.

"Wow..." Xander felt rather dazed, and half convinced that all of this was just a really interesting dream. "Well, I haven't really been seeing anyone yet, and I've always had a fondness for dangerous blonds..."

"Or we could skip straight to the fun and games." Erika whispered, kissing him again.

"I guess maybe I do get what I wanted for Christmas." Xander murmured.

"Oh?" One eyebrow rose, and she leaned closer. "What did you ask for?"

"A pretty girl that wouldn't run away from the chaos of my life, and wouldn't try to push me out of the fights, and wouldn't ask me for advice on what to get her girlfriend for solstice." Xander replied quickly.

Erika giggled, and slid her arms around him. "Okay. You can have me."

 

end Just What I Wanted.