Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
648
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
841

Droolfest!

Summary:

Pairing:Tucker/Reed
Archive: EntSTSlash, MEG, Reeds Armory, WWOMB, anywhere that wants this.
Disclaimer: Not mine, Im a skint nurse, please don't sue, it aint worth it anyway!
Feedback: Yes, please.
Authors Note: Unbeta'd so all mistakes mine. A continuation of a 5-minute challenge set, oooh, ages ago! For anyone who needs fluff.

Work Text:

Droolfest!
by Zoë

 

Two hours into his shift on the bridge, Malcolm noticed that something was wrong. His vision was blurred, and everything seemed to be at a strange angle all of a sudden. Knowing that this was not a good sign, he decided to make his excuses to the Captain and go to sickbay for a check-up, when oblivion claimed him, and he collapsed at his console....

As he came to, he realised he was yet again in sickbay. Blinking his eyes in the admittedly bright lights, he heard a funny noise, just to the left of him. Turning his head left, he saw Trip. A very fast asleep Trip. A Trip who was snoring! Very loudly.

Malcolm couldn't help it, he giggled. Not very loudly, but enough to startle the commander into waking up.

"Uh...wha...what the...? Where am I?" Trip came suddenly into wakefulness. He shuffled back up the chair, yawned and stretched before he noticed Malcolm holding a hand to his mouth, and trying not to laugh.

"Malcolm! You are awake! How are you? What're yer laughing at?"

Still giggling, Malcolm spoke. "Oh Trip," giggle "you were," snigger "snoring!"

"Me? But I don't snore!" Trip protested loudly. The giggling armoury officer was becoming irritating to him.

"Yes you do! But it wasn't just the snoring..." more sniggering spouted forth from the mouth of Malcolm. "Check out your uniform..."

Trip looked. And pulled a disgusted face, setting his friend off into more laughing.

Drool. He DROOLED in his sleep!

Now he'd NEVER get Malcolm to sleep with him.

 

 

PART TWO

They were round in Malcolm's quarters, just sat around chatting and having a few beers.

"So I said to him, you'll never catch anything with bait like that! And you know what he said to me?" Trip could hardly speak for laughing.

"No, what? Do tell!"

"He said, wanna bet? And dropped his trousers!!" By now, Trip was one quivering heap of giggles.

Malcolm joined in the laughter whilst surreptitiously glancing at the clock. He was shocked to see it was almost 1am! Smothering a yawn, he turned his gaze back onto his friend.

Trip was still contentedly leaning against the wall, a half full glass of beer in his hand. He was obviously up for an all nighter. Unfortunately, Malcolm had an early shift, and was anxious to get some sleep. However, being the sort of man he was, no way was he about to ask Trip to leave. Now if only he had to courage to ask Trip to stay, he thought to himself.

"Malcolm? You in there, buddy?" Trip's southern drawl cut into his thoughts, and he smiled.

"I apologise, Trip. I was miles away."

"Anywhere nice?" Trip had a questioning look in his eyes.

"Um...no. Just daydreaming. Very rude of me." Malcolm felt a rush of blood to his cheeks, and quickly looked anywhere but at his friend.

Musing, Trip continued to look at his suddenly shy friend. I wonder.I wonder if he.naaa, surely not. But.look at him.

Clearing his throat, Trip asked "Um, Mal? I was wondering.we're both up early tomorrow."

Malcolm frowned, yet still refused to look at his friend. "Yeah.we are, aren't we?"

"I don't feel like goin' back yet, to my room. Is there." both Trip and Malcolm inhaled, Malcolm seeming to hold his breath, "is there any way I can sleep here instead?"

Exhaling, Malcolm closed his eyes briefly. "If you like, Trip. But, um, where.where would you sleep?"

Trip sidled closer to his friend, pausing. Huskily, he murmured "Where would you like me to sleep?" Turquoise blue eyes met stormy navy eyes. "Trip?"
As Trip's mouth closed on the sweet spicy lips before him, he just heard Malcolm mutter,

"About time too."

 

end