Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
658
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
21
Hits:
1,492

Drabble: Abrams For The Defense

Summary:

small scene, partly based on the ep "Abrams For The Defense"

Work Text:

Danny went over to the house belonging to his friends Sheila and Amy. He rung the doorbell and Sheila answered it. The tall blond grinned widely. "Hi, Danny, looking good."

Danny smiled back and stepped inside. He pecked her on the cheek. "You, too."

Sheila pointed to the bundle under Danny's arm. "What's that?"

Danny laughed. "What would a block party be like without Polish soul food? Polish sausages."

Sheila shook her head in amusement and took the bundle from him. "I'll put this in the refrigerator until we're ready to leave."

"Sounds good. Where's Joey?"

"In the guest room getting ready."

Danny nodded. "I'll just go check on him."

Sheila smirked. "Amy doesn't want to be late so don't start something that you won't have time to finish."

Danny eyes sparked mischievously. "I'll keep that in mind." He turned to go down the hall while Sheila disappeared into the kitchen. The first door on the right was flung open and Amy almost ran him over.

"Danny," Amy greeted cheerfully.

Amy was just as tall as Sheila with long brown hair in an intricate braid. Danny looked her up and down, admiring her black, low-cut evening dress. "Nice."

"Thanks." Amy turned. "Can you zip me up?"

"Sure." Danny zipped up the back of the dress. "Congratulations on the award. Teacher of the Year is quite an honor."

"Yeah," Amy beamed but the smile evaporated. "I just wish that I could take Sheila with me."

Danny rubbed her arm. "I know but don't worry. I'll show her a good time."

"Not too good," Amy said in mock jealousy.

"Of course. I have Joey to answer to. You've never seen him angry," Danny answered half seriously.

Amy backed into her room. "I've got to finish my make up. Will you tell Joey that I'm almost ready?"

"Will do." Danny finished his journey to the guest room, knocked softly, and went in. He found Joey dressed in a flattering navy blue suit and crisp white shirt. "Amy's almost ready."

Joey stood in front of the mirror, trying unsuccessfully to get his tie right. He grinned at Danny's reflection. "Am I glad to see you."

Danny walked up behind Joey and rested his hands on Joey's shoulders. "Having problems?"

Joey sighed. "You know that no matter how hard I try, I can never get this right."

Danny chuckled and turned Joey to face him. He untied the mess Joey made of the silk tie and proceeded to do it correctly. "Here let me."

"I wish that I didn't have to go to this thing."

Danny finished and lightly kissed Joey's forehead. "You'll have a wonderful time."

Joey wrapped his arms around Danny's waist. "Sheila should be with Amy. I wish that I didn't need to be there to pretend to be her boyfriend."

Danny returned the hug. "I know, but it's important for us and the girls to do this type of thing for each other. We have to keep our private lives private. You know what would happen if the truth got out."

Joey shuddered. "I don't want to think about it." He blew out a long breath. "Well, have fun at the block party."

Danny rubbed Joey's back. "And you have fun at the dinner." He leaned forward and whispered, "You look great."

Joey gave Danny a soft kiss. "Thanks. I expect you to be at my place by the time I get back."

Danny nipped Joey's bottom lip. "Why's that?"

Joey kissed Danny's mouth again. This time it got a little more heated. "Does that answer your question?"

"Come on, Joey. I don't want to be late," Amy's voice called through the door.

Joey stepped out of Danny's arms and winked at his lover. "Coming."