Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
312
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
17
Hits:
1,141

Vacation

Summary:

CLASSIFICATION: Angel POV
SUMMARY: Angel contemplates things while watching fish swim over him.
SPOILERS: Set after Connor dumped his daddy in the ocean but before Wes rescued him (between season 3's "Tomorrow" & season 4's "Deep Down").
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, I don't own it. Joss Whedon, Kazui Sandollar, The WB, UPN, et. al. most likely do.
FEEDBACK: Please send it offlist and let me know it's feedback; I do rapid delete on my account due to a lot of spam
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Answer to Aaronlisa's Summer Break challenge issued long ago (write a fic about what one of the characters did during their summer vacation).
DEDICATED TO: KJ, who wanted an A:tS fic sans Gunn & Fred.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Vacation
by Ragna
(writinggoddess@aol.com)

 

I'm starting to wonder if Darla left me another mess, or if this is one of my own making.

I love Connor, I suppose. I mean, he is my son. But on the other hand, he's a complete stranger to me. He grew up and I wasn't there, so to be truly honest I missed so much of his life that I barely know anything about him.

There's times I still hate Wesley for that, and there's other times I just struggle to accept what's happened. He was duped; in my mind I know that, but the fact he betrayed me hurts. Even if he didn't realize he was betraying me.

It's all such a mess...

And so now I'm lying here in a cement box on the bottom of the ocean floor. My son, who doesn't act like he's my son, put me here. I spend my time thinking, wondering what life could have been like if none of this had happened.

I've lost track of the days, the hours, the minutes I've been here. I guess this will be how it is forever, my lying awake and not knowing what's happening. When the oceans recede, if the sun isn't shining, maybe I'll be able to escape.

But who's going to be left?

Lorne, maybe, provided a mob doesn't come after him for being green with horns. Spike, if he doesn't get himself killed. Maybe Connor, if the longevity aspect of Darla and my's existence rubbed off on his genetics at all. Though after this I'm not entirely sure whether I should try and love him or just disown him entirely.

For now, it doesn't matter because I'm spending the summer at the bottom of the ocean. We'll all just have to wait and see, I guess. That's if we all live that long.

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.