Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of Loving
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
614
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,214

Loving 4: The Discussion

Summary:

Series: Loving
Fandom: The Phantom Menace
Category: AU
Pairing: Q/J
Warning: Het relationship (for the time being)

Work Text:

Loving 4: The Discussion
by Ornery

 

"This marriage, approved, was not." Yoda said repressively. "Disciplined you will be. " He was rudely interrupted a scant second later and not by one of the erring Jedi. Qui Gon's wife jumped all over the ancient master with both feet.

"Shut the fuck up!" She snarled. "If you think for one instant that I didn't make damned sure to cover all of the legal bases, you are out of what's left of your tiny little mind, Froggy!"

"Jane!"

"Hush, Qui. This guy can push your buttons and that's 'cause he installed them." She soothed. "You let me handle this. Obi, go on home, dearest. Mama will fix everything."

"Dismissed, he is not!"

"Buddy, you just fucked up big time. I checked the laws concerning the children raised here, and discovered that although they are Temple reared, the State has custody. My husband and I formally, and legally adopted Obi, whose surname is now Jinn, by the way, and that makes him my son! And when I tell my son to do something, you better damned well not interfere. Unless you want to wind up in a Court of Law with an Insensitive Judge? This is a matter for adults, not children, and Obi is a child." I glared at Yoda who stared at me. Then, without looking at my son, I repeated the order. Obi obeyed me quickly, scuttling out before Yoda got his voice back.

Yoda's ears were straight down, and the fella Qui had introduced as "Winchu" was clearly stunned. "You're pregnant, aren't you?"

"You better believe it, carrying twins, too." I snapped at him. "And don't even try it, Mace. Qui's already educated me where you're obnoxious ass is concerned!"

He blinked, sighed, and accepted the situation. "All the legal niceties, huh? Master Yoda, it's done. We'll have to deal with it."

"Rude, she is."

"Blunt and to the point, with no patience for bullshit, you mean." I shot back. "I never did like politicians, since they tend to be a useless pack of idiots. Far more concerned with posturing than actually doing anyone any good, but when Jedi start acting like that, then there is something seriously wrong! And you are acting just like that!"

The whole Council sat and stared at me, stunned into silence.

"You had ought to be ashamed of yourselves!" I scolded, shaking a finger, with the other hand on my hip. The memory of each member went to childhood scoldings, making them all openly flinch. They also backed off.

"Master Jinn, take your wife home and get her settled in. We accept the marriage. She is unusual, but of the Light. And I can sense her unborn young, they are very strong. Go now."

He did manage to restrain himself until they were in the main corridor, though he was sure the Council could hear his laughter clearly. He wasn't sure how she had managed that.

"Well, you routed them, love."

"No contest, Qui. As I said, that bunch is more politicians than Jedi, which is sad. I treated them like Force Insensitive children, and it worked, which is rather frightening, when you think about it."

He put an arm around her waist as he guided her thru the halls, quietly thoughtful. "It's Mace, mostly, I think. The others weren't like that until he got that Seat."

"Hmmm, given a few months to learn how he thinks, I'll see to it he resigns on his own."

"Jane!"

"Yes?"

He sighed as he palmed open a residential. "The Temple will never recover!"

 

end

Series this work belongs to: