Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
453
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,082

What'd I Win?

Summary:

What did Nick win for guessing the correct compound.

Work Text:

Title: What'd I Win?
Author: Tayla
Fandom: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Pairing: Greg/Nick
Rating: FRT
Category: Missing scene
Status: Complete April 29, 2002
Archive: Yes to WWOMB/Peja. All others please ask.
Feedback: Yes, please. All constructive criticism will be graciously accepted.
Email: tayla36@aol.com
Series/Sequel: No
Disclaimers: CSI:Crime Scene Investigation and its characters belong to Anthony Zuiker and CBS broadcasting company. No infringement is intended and the author makes no profit.
Authors Notes: Just a little drabble I came up with to answer my own challenge.
Spoilers: "Cat's In The Cradle"
Summary: What did Nick win for guessing the correct compound.
Warnings:

What'd I Win?
by Tayla

Greg stood as Nick walked into his lab. "Before you ask, that swab of yours, from the end cap. Let's play name that chemical compound. Today's category: explosives. Thirty seconds on the clock." Greg started to draw a chemical compound on the board. Nick watched intently and began to name the compound.

"C3, H5, and three molecules of NO3, nitroglycerin. The explosive component of dynamite.'

Greg nodded in agreement. "Now the other component for dynamite is either silica or sawdust. Your sample contained sawdust."

"Thanks Greg. What'd I win?"

"Anything you want." Greg answered quickly.

"Anything?" Nick asked him with a leer.

Greg suddenly looked nervous. "Why? What do you want?"

Nick took step closer to Greg. He gave the younger man a sly grin. "That depends."

Greg felt an involuntary shiver run down his spine. He looked into Nick's eyes, but then had to turn away from the intense gaze. "Depends on what?"

Nick took another step, right up next to Greg and slung his arm around his shoulders. Greg could feel Nick's breath, warm on the side of his face. "Depends on what you're willing to give me." Nick purred into his ear.

Greg felt his heart rate triple. He turned to face Nick again. This time he couldn't look away. He focused on Nick's lips. His eyes began to drift closed in anticipation of those lips meeting his.

"Greg . . ." Nick whispered breathlessly. "Oh Greg . . . "

"Greg!"

Nick's sharp tone brought him out of his fantasy.

"What? Oh sorry man, I drifted off there for a moment. What did you say?"

Nick gave him a puzzled frown. "I said you better get to work on that swab from Grissom's case. He'll be back from his interrogation soon. Really Greg, you need to pay more attention to your job."

Greg sighed in disappointment as he watched Nick stride out the door and down the hallway. Nick was right. He did need to pay more attention to the job, and less attention to his fantasies.

Ah well. He could still dream.

 

END