Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
481
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,082

Doll

Summary:

Nick uses a cutsy nickname at work.

Work Text:

Title: Doll
Author: Tayla
Fandom: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Pairing: Nick/Greg
Rating: FRT
Category: Missing Scene, humor
Status: Completed April 19, 2004
Archive: Yes to WWOMB/Peja. All others please ask
Feedback: Yes, please. All constructive criticism will be graciously accepted
Email: tayla36@aol.com
Authors Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/tayla36/index.html
Series/Sequel: No
Disclaimers: CSI and its characters belong to Anthony Zuiker and CBS broadcasting company. The author makes no profit and no infringement is intended.
Authors Notes: Inspired by a thread on the yahoo group CrimeSceneInvestigationSlash
Spoilers: CSI Episode 4x19 "Bad Words"
Summary: Nick uses a cutsy nickname at work.
Warnings:

 

Warrick was walking by just as Nick stepped out of the DNA lab after leaving the matchbook evidence with Greg. Nick almost ran into him, as Warrick stopped dead in the middle of the hallway.

"Hey, Warrick. What's up?"

Warrick looked at him quizzically, and then asked, "Did you just call Greg 'Doll'?"

Nick's face went bright red and he stammered, "D-Doll? W-Why w-would I call him that."

Greg heard the conversation and rushed out into the hallway to try and salvage the situation.

"Yeah, he did call me 'doll'."

Nick's face went even redder, and he started to hyperventilate.

"Why?" Warrick asked again.

"Um, because?um?last year I got on Nick's case about him taking Archie to a crime scene instead of me, and he said that I sounded like a jealous lover, so?since then he calls me sweetie or honey or doll every once in a while. It's just a joke, man."

Warrick nodded his head, but he was studying Nick's face. "Sure Greg, whatever you say."

Greg looked relieved and went back into the lab to complete the task that Nick set for him.

Nick and Warrick continued to the layout room. After they had been working for a while, Warrick asked him, "So, is that the story your gonna stick with?"

Nick tried to look offended. "Story? That wasn't a story. It's just a joke, man. Just because you weren't in on it, doesn't mean it's anything more than that."

"Uh huh. You know, Greg's not a very good liar."

Nick looked chagrinned. "I guess not."

"But he's better than you." Warrick continued. "You better get that blush response under control if you guys hope to keep this a secret from anyone else."

A few minutes later, Nick asked him, "Hey Warrick, you're not gonna mention this to anyone, are you?"

Warrick grinned at him. "Naw, man. None of my business. As long as I don't walk in on you two doing?anything?in the men's room, I'm cool."

"Thanks, Warrick."

"And you know you could have avoided this whole embarrassing conversation."

Nick was puzzled. "How?"

"You should have just told me that you said "Dawg" and I misheard you." And he went back to his work.