Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2012-04-27
Words:
6,175
Chapters:
14/14
Kudos:
18
Hits:
4,747

For the Glory

Summary:

Picking up where "Publicity Hound" left off, Paramedic Tom Wheeler pays for taking credit for Johnny and Roy's well rescue.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Notes:

Part: 1/?
E-mail:NRobin1027@aol.com
Rating: PG
Pairing: N/A
Archive: Yes
Summary: Picking up where "Publicity Hound" left off,  Paramedic Tom Wheeler pays for taking credit for Johnny and  Roy's well rescue..
Content Warning: Harsh Language.
Copyright: March 2001 By Robin R. Neher
 THIS STORY IS WRITTEN FOR PLEASURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INFRINGE ON ANY
PREEXISTING COPYRIGHTS THAT MAY BE VIOLATED. FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH FRIENDS, BUT NOT FOR PROFIT.
THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL, A WORK OF THE WRITER'S IMAGINATION. THE CHARACTERS
AND INCIDENTS USED IN THIS STORY ARE PURELY FICTIONAL AND ARE NOT BASED ON
ANY PERSON AND/OR PERSON'S ACTUAL EXPERIENCES.

Chapter Text

As soon as 110's Paramedics returned to the station from the rescue of the little girl from the hole, Dirk tore into his blond partner,

"You really take the cake, Wheeler!" Dirk yelled as he got out of the passenger side of squad 110. "How dare you take credit for a rescue that Johnny and Roy did!"

"Look, Gage did the rescue, that's true, but people relate better to me." Tom Wheeler shot back. "I can't help the fact that DeSoto handed the kid to me!"

"You still should've told Carlton who really did the rescue!" Dirk replied. "What you did was unfair to John and Roy! I can just imagine how those two must feel now!"

***************************

Across town at station fifty-one, Johnny Gage was crying as he dried off after his shower. As Johnny's partner, Roy DeSoto, entered the latrine, he saw the young man's tears and approached
him.

"It's not fair, Roy!" Johnny sobbed.

"Johnny, are you still upset about what happened at that rescue?" Roy asked.. "Johnny, Wheeler just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Reporters take pictures of who they can see at the time, this time, it happened to be Tom Wheeler."

"But we did the work, Roy!" Johnny sobbed. "Wheeler didn't do shit!"

"To a reporter, that doesn't matter." Roy soothed. "Carlton may have been assigned to ride with Wheeler this time. Partner, you don't need glory and publicity to know you did a good job! Just
feel good about what you did for that little girl. She's alive because of what we did."

"I know, but Tom Wheeler just bugs me!" Johnny sniffed. "He spends most of his time mugging for a fucking camera and we're the ones that have to take 110's calls!"

"Johnny, that's our job." Roy reminded the younger man. "Johnny, the Paramedic program needs publicity as well as the fire service. Johnny, I know our job is often thankless, but somebody has to do it. Think of how few men get accepted to join our ranks and how hard you had to work to get here."

"Roy, I know all that. It just bugs the hell out of me that there are Wheelers in our ranks!" Johnny cried. "Just once, I'd like to be acknowledged like that!"