Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
473
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
877

Remembrance 3: Living Hope

Summary:

Pairing: Dureena/Chambers
Warnings: f/f slash, nothing explicit.
Notes: I haven't seen all the episodes, so this isn't as good as it could be in some parts, so please bear with me!:)
This is the final Remembrance story ...
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Remembrance Part III: Living Hope
by Iocane

 

Returning to her room, Sarah curled up in a chair, hugging her knees to her chest. She never knew what to do when Dureena was upset. It was the only time in her life she'd ever been at a total loss.

Unbidden, her mind began to wander back over the months of their time together. Sarah had liked the woman immediately, but she didn't know how far she had fallen until ... Until that time in medbay with Galen.

It was right after they'd beaten the nanotech virus and Sarah was attempting to patch up the technomage. Gideon had just gotten word that the last shuttle had docked. A moment later, Dureena appeared, covered head to toe in dirt and carrying Galen's staff.

It was then that Sarah knew she was in love with Dureena.

It wasn't until some time later that those feelings were allowed to surface.

A few days after Natchok had died, Sarah was listening to one of the data crystals, letting the music - and the hope - flow over her.

She was interrupted by her door chime. Taking off the headphones, she said "Enter."

She was no small bit surprised to see Dureena standing there. "Come in, have a seat." Sarah straightened in her chair, noting Dureena's discomfort.

The small woman entered the room, lowering herself into a chair across from Sarah. "Gideon told me this was yours." She placed a data crystal on the table. Sarah recognized it as the one she'd given Gideon and raised an eyebrow.

"Did you enjoy it?"

A quick smile flash on Dureena's lips, to be replaced by a look of profound sadness. "Yes. It was very hopeful ... Like Gidoen said."

There was a pause before Dureena continued. "But it's also dead. The culture that made that ... they lost the hope. It's good hope, but it's dead."

"I ..." Sarah was at a loss for words. Dureena had that effect on her.

"I need living hope, Sarah." Dureena fixed her penetrating gaze on the doctor. She leaned forward and took Sarah's hand in hers. "You seem to have hope to spare. Will you share your hope with me?"

"I'll share everything I have with you." She spoke barely above a whisper. A moment later she felt Dureena's lips on hers.

After that night, there was no turning back.

Despite their tender times together, Dureena had never opened up to Sarah, not really. She didn't push, for fear of pushing too hard and risk losing Dureena.

Sarah was brought back to the present by the sound of her door hissing open.

She looked up to see Dureena standing here. The thief knelt before her lover and wiped the tears Sarah hadn't even noticed away. The women embraced tightly, neither speaking - and neither needing to.

-Piano solo, fade to black-

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Iocane.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.