Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
265
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
18
Hits:
1,301

Loss of Control

Summary:

What would happen if Johnny stood up to Roy?

Work Text:

It was a cloudy Tuesday at station 51 and John Gage was at the end of his rope with his partner, Roy DeSoto. Johnny came to the decision that the next run they got, he was driving whether Roy liked it or not. The opportunity came just after the start of their shift as the tones sounded.

Squad 51, man down on the corner of Hollywood and Vine. Timeout: 8:02

"Squad 51, 10-4, KMG-365." Hank Stanley responded as Roy ran to get the squad's keys off their hook on the wall in the apparatus bay.

"Cap, where are the keys?" Roy asked.

"Uh, DeSoto." Johnny Gage grinned, dangling the keys out the driver's side door where he sat behind the wheel. "I'm driving today, Roy boy! So you just sit your ass in that passenger seat."

Roy just stood gaping.

"C'mon, Roy! Victim's waiting!" Johnny called.

A shocked Roy made his way around the squad to the passenger side and got in. He fixed Johnny an angry glare.

"The squad's mine!" Roy hissed through his teeth.

"Not this shift, Junior!" Johnny smirked as he guided the squad out of the apparatus bay at top speed.

__________________

Arriving on scene ten minutes later, Johnny sprang into action and got the equipment. By the time Roy met him, Johnny had a smile on his face.

:"I believe this is yours." Johnny grinned, handing Roy their biophone, defibrillator and oxygen tank.

I'll get you for this, Johnny! Roy thought as he stumbled to follow his partner, loaded down with the equipment.