Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-08-29
Words:
52,914
Chapters:
25/25
Comments:
6
Kudos:
30
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
17,155

Hellmouth 2: Congratulations Dad It's a . . . Teenager?

Summary:

Fandom: Real Ghostbusters/Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
Series/sequel: Second in my Hellmouth Universe. Follows 'Seven Men against the Darkness'
Genre: Slash
Pairing: Peter/Egon
Synopsis: Xander heads to New York for business and to spend some time with his newfound brother. Guess who else decided it was time to visit Peter?
AN: You really need to read the first story in this series to get the full story, but the short version is that this takes place in an AU Buffy where Willow and Buffy were killed during Graduation. Xander was injured during the fight and moved to England with Giles after he got out of the hospital. Wesley, Spike, Cordelia, and Angel left Sunnydale to found Angel Investigations in LA. The Scourge never showed up in LA, so Doyle is alive and well. Xander returned to Sunnydale after his parents deaths, only to discover they weren't his parents, he was the heir to a fortune held in trust until he turned 21, and he had an older half brother, Peter Venkman.

Chapter 1: Part 1

Chapter Text

Hellmouth 2: Congratulations Dad, It's a . . . Teenager?
by Josette Grover
jgrover@tm.net or josette_g98@yahoo.com

 

Xander looks up from the book he'd been reading most of the flight from LA to New York when the 'fasten seat belt' light comes on. He reaches down to tighten the belt strapped across his waist as he looks out the window. Fifteen minutes later he can see the New York Skyline come into view.

The plane touches down ten minutes later and he waits for the aisles to empty before standing up and opening the overhead bin. Grabbing his cane and briefcase, he hobbles down the aisle and out to the gate. Looking around, he heads first for the nearest bathroom and then for the man holding up a sign with his name on it.

"I'm Alexander Harris."

"Yes sir, my name is James Stewart, and I'm from the Law office of Stewart, Higgins, and Houston. I'm to take you to your hotel, give you a schedule for the trust meeting, and ask you if you needed anything before the meeting? We've set you up in a suite at the hotel with a kitchenette, so we can stop and get some groceries if you want, or if you're tired from the flight you can make a list and I'll pick them up later tonight."

"Then we'll stop on the way to the hotel if you don't mind." Xander says, following him to the luggage carousel as the bags from his flight begin to arrive. Xander grabs his three bags as they appear, loading them onto the cart James had grabbed from the cart corral and follows him outside.

"Sir, if you'll wait here, I'll go get the car and bring it up."

"I'll be right here." Xander smiles before leaning against the cart to take the weight off his bad leg and pulling the guidebook from the briefcase.

"Mr. Harris, do you want me to arrange for a tour guide?" James asks, looking at the well-thumbed book.

"No need, I have some friends here in New York. Once they know I'm in town, they'll be tripping over themselves to show me everything. In fact, I'm going to have an argument about staying at the hotel, they'll be insisting I stay with them instead."

"If you're certain, Mr. Harris?"

"Oh yeah, I'm very certain." Xander grins, imagining the look on Ray and Peter's face when they find out he's staying at a hotel. "And you don't have to keep calling me Mr. Harris, my name's Xander."

"Yes, s . . Xander." James grins as he heads for his car. He hadn't been quite sure what to expect when the bosses had sent him to pick up the heir to their largest account, but the young man currently wearing a pair of shorts with all sorts of pockets and a Hawaiian shirt wasn't it.

A half-hour later they pull up in front of a medium-sized hotel and the doorman comes up with a cart for Xander's bags. A porter takes the loaded cart into the hotel and stops at the reception desk.

"This is Mr. Alexander Harris, you've been expecting him." James says to the woman behind the counter who smiles and nods as a manager walks up.

"Mr. Harris, I'm Douglass James Elliott, the day manager for the hotel. If there's anything you need, please don't hesitate to call me." He says, leading the way to the elevator. "Our rooms are divided into three categories, regular rooms, business suites, and deluxe suites. We've put you up in one of your deluxe suites on the top floor. You have an excellent view from your balcony. The hotel offers free breakfasts in your room, The New York Times, and USA Today." He leads the way into the suite, showing Xander everything before leaving with the porter.

"Mr. Harris, will you be needing me for anything else?" James asks as Xander drops onto the overstuffed couch with a sigh.

"No, tell your bosses thank you for the ride from the airport. I'm going to go over the schedule, call my friends, and walk down to the restaurant for an early lunch." Xander says as he looks at the clock, changes the time on his watch, and pulls his cellphone from the briefcase. Punching in a number, he smiles as James closes the door behind him. Getting up to check the door is locked, he grins as the phone begins to ring on the other end.

"Good morning, Ghostbusters, we're here to help you." Janine says into the phone, her voice all business as she grabs a checklist Peter had worked up to get as much information from the customers as quickly as possible.

"Hey Janine, it's Xander, are they guys there?" the cheerful voice on the other end of the line causes her to grin.

"Hey Xander, no they're out on a run." Janine says, "Can I take a message for Peter?"

"Can you keep a secret from the guys?"

"Depends on what the secret is," Janine says calmly.

"I'm in New York, I had planned on surprising the guys by showing up at Headquarters."

"Oh yeah, I can keep that secret." Janine grins, "When do you plan on coming in?"

"Maybe tomorrow afternoon?" Xander says, looking over the schedule James had left him. "I'm in town on business, and the meetings don't start until Friday."

"Yeah, tomorrow should be good. They don't have any busts scheduled, so everybody should be here."

"Cool, I'll be there tomorrow around one then. I'll call around ten-thirty to see if everything's okay."

 

End part 1