Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,297
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
849

Inner Child

Summary:

Doggett is visiting Scully at her apartment and lets his inner child shine brightly.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Inner Child
by Cassie

FADE IN:

INT. SCULLY'S APARTMENT - DAY
LIVING ROOM

Doggett is seated on the ground by the coffee table, fiddling with a pawn chess piece. He's in casual wear, jeans and a black T-shirt. Scully had invited him and Mulder over for the afternoon, and Mulder has yet to show.

Scully comes shuffling into the living room from the kitchen, holding a can of Coke, she hands it to Doggett. For the first time since he's arrived he takes notice of what Scully is wearing, he eyes her up and down. Hip hugger jeans, form-fitting white T-shirt and... Winnie The Pooh slippers...

 

DOGGETT
You look ridiculous, Dana.

Scully plops down on the floor, across the coffee table from him, and give him a "up yours" look.

 

SCULLY
(hurt, kinda)
What do you mean?

Doggett nods his head toward her slippers.

 

DOGGETT
Winnie The Pooh?

SCULLY
What about it? Don't you ever let your inner child shine through?

Doggett smiles at her and inches closer to her, causing her to feel a bit uneasy as to what he is up to.

 

DOGGETT
(pondering)
Inner child...?

Doggett touches one of her Pooh Bear slippers and lightly tugs at it, attempting to remove it.

 

SCULLY
(like a little kid)
John! Don't!

Doggett laughs as he pulls at the slipper, while holding her leg, to prevent her from getting away. She starts to kick her leg and squirms on the ground, attempting to free herself from his grasp. They are both laughing. Scully flips onto her stomach and tries to crawl away from Doggett, he laughs at her. Succeeding at removing one of her Pooh Bear slippers, Doggett stands up and cheers his victory.

Scully remains on the floor, composing herself, like an adult. She looks up to him, pouts her lips and looks at him with her best "sad puppy dog" eyes. She gets up off the ground and runs her hands over her shirt, straightening it. She places her hands on her hips and starts tapping the foot that still has a slipper on.

 

SCULLY
(scolding)
John Jay Doggett. What in the world are you doing?

Doggett gives her an innocent look.

 

DOGGETT
Letting my inner child shine brightly.

Scully casually approaches him, but he can read right into her flirtatious body language and knows she's going to make a move for her slipper.

 

DOGGETT
Oh... it's not that easy, Dana.

And with that, he lifts the slipper high above his head, where she can't reach it. Not liking what he's doing, Scully raises an eyebrow at him, and gets a serious expression on her face.

 

SCULLY
(serious tone)
Now John, I don't want to have to climb on you to get that -

Doggett smiles at that thought, wouldn't that be funny!

 

DOGGETT
(teasing)
- Yeah, but would you really do that?

SCULLY
(teasing back)
Don't tempt me...

Doggett takes one step back away from her, and this time he's the one raising an eyebrow.

 

DOGGETT
Betcha can't get it away from me...

Scully takes a step toward him and jumps up, her arms stretched out, trying to grab her Pooh Bear slipper, but she is too short.

 

SCULLY
(mad/laughing)
I'm gonna get you!

And with that, she jumps up onto her couch and tries to get her slipper again, but before she has a chance, Doggett runs across the room, still holding her slipper high in the air. Ready for some silliness, Scully laughs and jumps off of the couch, a cushion falls to the floor behind her.

Doggett starts to run around the living room, Scully following close behind him, both are laughing hysterically at their silliness.

 

SCULLY
Give me back my Pooh!

Doggett attempts to hurdle over her couch, but slips and falls as his foot lands on the cushion that is on the floor. Before he knows what is happening, Scully has positioned herself on top of him, pinning his arms on the ground. He realizes that she could easily beat him, he lifts his head off the floor as he speaks to her.

 

DOGGETT
(calm)
Hey now, this isn't fair now, is it?

SCULLY
Well, considering how long you held my shoe over your head, I'd have to say this is more than
fair. (beat) Now let go of my Pooh Bear!

With a twitch of his wrist, her Pooh Bear slipper flies across the room. Scully starts to crawl off of Doggett, but as fast as a skilled Marine, Doggett flips her onto her back, pinning her to the ground. Scully puts up a little fight, but he is too strong for her to escape, but she still squirms around trying.

 

DOGGETT
(smiling)
It's not that easy, Dana.

SCULLY
(determined)
Get off me!

Doggett laughs at her, and hangs his head. Scully has stopped her squirming, and is breathing hard, he can't help but notice that her white T-shirt has creeped up and that her bare stomach is revealed. Inspired, he looks into the depths of her eyes.

 

DOGGETT
(whispering)
You're not ticklish, are you?

Doggett moves Scully's left wrist over to her other wrist and holds both of them with his left hand, Scully's eyes go wide. He slowly teases her by running his right hand over her body, not touching her. Scully laughs almost as if she can feel his touch. He rests his hand on her stomach. Chilled by his touch, Scully arches her back, raising herself toward him, she lets out a weak laugh.

 

SCULLY
(soft/trying not to laugh)
John...

Doggett looks down where his hand rests and instead of tickling her, he finds himself moving his hand to the side of her waist, his thumb circling her soft skin. He looks up with a smile on his face, Scully has shut her eyes, probably enjoying his soft touch. Doggett looks back down at her, and moves his index finger back toward her belly button and traces it in a circular motion. This gets a giggle out of Scully, and she opens her eyes and looks at him.

 

SCULLY
(smiling)
John? What are you doing? I thought you were going to -

DOGGETT
Shhh...

He removes his grip on her wrists and places his finger on her mouth, shutting her up. He allows his finger to caress the side of her face and neck, as his face inches closer and closer to hers... SUDDENLY, there are three loud, obnoxious knocks on the apartment door. Doggett pulls away from Scully and runs his hand through his hair. Scully sits up.

 

SCULLY
(uncomfortable)
That must be Mulder.

DOGGETT
(standing)
Must be...

Scully goes across the room and picks up her other Winnie The Pooh slipper. She turns around and walks toward the door, turning her head and waves the slipper in the air, sticking her tongue out at Doggett, giving him a smile as she opens the door to let Mulder in.

Doggett looks on, smiling at the thought that Scully won her slipper back, but more importantly the thought of what he won. He raises his hand to greet Mulder as they come back to the living room. Scully glances at Doggett, her eyes meeting his, they share a knowing smile as Mulder blabs about a new case he received that day.

Scully and Doggett are paying no attention to him, they are pondering the significance of their little game and how today was only the beginning of something bigger and better.

THE END

--------------

Author's Note: Read the "Fox & Rat" Virtual Series version of this story:

http://frvs.polish-sausage.com/S6/6x20.html

Love it? Hate it? Don't know what to think of it? Let me know:
foxytime@yahoo.com

I've got other X-Files stories at the following websites:
http://foxytime.polish-sausage.com/
http://frvs.polish-sausage.com/

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Cassie.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.