Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
917
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,325

Bending Ares 1: Furious

Summary:

SERIES: Bending Ares [part one]
ARCHIVE: The Nesting Place, JLA, AJCS, CKoS, KSA, WWOMB and The Den
FANDOM: Herc/Xenaverse
PAIRING: Ares/Joxer (eventually), Xena/Gabs (implied), Herc/Iolaus (implied),
Strife UST Cupid
CATEGORY: Comedy (hopefully)
SPOILERS: None really, although there are a few references to the Hind Trilogy.
WARNING: None really.
NOTE: The series name comes from the expression "Get Bent", which roughly means to be f*cked by a male... ::grins::
DISCLAIMER: The myths, legends, faithful true believers... oh yeah, and TIIC.
SUMMARY: Aphrodite and Cupid are angry. They enlist the aid of the Three Furies.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Bending Ares 1: Furious
by Scorpio

"...and *then* he convinced Hercules that Sweetcheeks was also sleeping with *Autolycus* of all people! That's soooo far fetched that it's almost unbelievable. I mean, puh-leese! Auto-baby may be hot, but he's been completely obsessed with Discord ever since that whole chicken thing. Besides, even if that sneaky thief *did* find Curly all cuddly, he's totally
in awe of the Big Guy. Ya know?"

Three sets of eyes blinked at the fuming Love Goddess. All three of the powerful women were amazed, both that Aphrodite could get all of that out in one breath, and that she was so angry in the first place. The gentle blonde was usually very forgiving when others interfered with her plans.

"What's even worse is that I can't even *fix* it because while he spread those horrible lies about Blondie, he hit Hercie with one of Eris' icky hate spells. Granted, it was only some dried Hate Apples that had been chopped up like a herb and then sprinkled into Hercules' dinner, but it was enough. Now, Herc's not only feeling betrayed, he's so angry that *I* can't even get him to listen to reason!"

The whole time that the pink clad Goddess was speaking... well, yelling actually, she was pacing back and forth across the Furies' Temple floor and waving her hands wildly about in the air. Her son, Cupid, stood back a ways and nodded his head in agreement to everything that she said.

Noticing that Aphrodite didn't really have more to add to her complaint, all three of the most feared primal forces in Greece turned their heads to face the younger Olympian as one. As soon as the God of Love realized that they were waiting on his complaint, he stepped forward slightly.

"Look, I generally don't spread this around much, but I *do* love my Dad. I don't understand him, but I do love him. So... I really don't want him to be *hurt*, but he *has* gone too far.

What Mom *didn't* tell you is that Uncle Herc's relationship with Iolaus was ordered by Zeus. Gramps put her in charge of making sure that he'd never suffer again like he did with Deinara and Serena. Everyone *know's* that Iolaus is Immortal. Death can only hold on to him for so long before he's spit back out into the Mortal Realm. It was a perfect match and everything was going *great* with them. Then Dad ruined it.

But that's not all. He messed with one of *my* matches as well. My half-sister Xena, who if you'll remember is *also* his daughter. Well, I wanted my sister to be happy. She deserves it for all of the hard work she does trying to make up for any bad stuff she's done...so, I helped her and Gabrielle to fall in love.

Then, Dad came along and ruined it."

The blonde Love God stood there, hands on hips and glared. The middle of the Three stepped forward and spoke, her voice echoing in an oddly hollow manner.

"Are you saying that the War God also caused the Warrior Princess and the Amazon Bard to end their relationship?"

Cupid nodded his head angrily.

"Yes! He managed to convince both Gabrielle *and* Xena that the other was in a secret relationship with another of their friends... a man named Joxer. And they *arn't*!"

It was at this point that Aphrodite had lost what little patience she had left. Turning sharply on her heal, she stomped back over to where Cupid was standing, her whole body practically trembling with her anger.

"He's gone too far! You *have* to see that. We don't want him hurt or stripped of his powers or anything dangerous... we just want him to understand love! Ares can do lust and he can do passion, but *love*? He just doesn't get it and so he sees nothing wrong with running around undoing all of our hard work. *We* don't mess with his groddy wars!"

The Three Furies turned and faced each other. Silent thoughts flowed back and forth among them briefly as they considered the two Olympian's request. Finally, they turned back to face Aphrodite and Cupid. Once again, it was the Fury in the middle who spoke with her ageless voice.

"Your petition shall be granted. Ares, Son of Zeus and Crown Prince of Olympus shall be punished... with Love."

In the blink of an eye, all Three Furies disappeared in a sizzling flash of red energy.

*

At the Temple of War in Thrace, Ares God of War suddenly stopped bellowing in the middle of his sentence and looked around at the unrelieved black with undisguised horror. Shifting his weight to one hip, he waved his one hand around in a vague gesture while the other one came to rest on said hip.

"Oh My Stars! *Who* decorated this place?!"

Turning in a slow circle before mincing across the room with an exaggerated sway to his hips, Ares tsked at what he found.

"Dusty, black and just *ugh* tasteless!"

With a wave of his hand, Ares sent a bolt of pale blue energy, which also included white flower petals in its beam, and the stone walls suddenly shimmered and changed. To white marble with light blue veins running through it.

Ares sighed dramatically and struck a pose while running his hand limply through his dark curls.

"That's *so* much better."

His warriors just stared at him in fascinated horror.

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Scorpio.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.