Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
311
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,893

Jan 6 Challenge Response...

Summary:

Challenge: First line of "I can't take it anymore. You've been sending so many mixed signals I just don't know what you want from me....

Work Text:

Jan 6 Challenge Response...
by Am

 

"I can't take it anymore. You've been sending so many mixed signals I just don't know what you want from me....." The words left Danny's mouth quickly, and he wished he could just gulp them back down again. In fact, he tried. He swallowed hard, but his mouth began to water and he felt the heat rise to his face. He knew the shock on Ed's face mirrored his own. He couldn't believe what he had done. The proverbial cat was out of the bag.

Big Ed look at him hard. His eyes squinted and he cocked his head to the side. Danny started laughing at that, and thought about making some comment about how is father looked at him the same way when he either didn't understand or hadn't even heard what Danny had said. He chose not to mention it, though, thinking that perhaps it was not the best time to be comparing Ed to his father.

Ed grabbed Danny by the arm, and pulled him into the chair of his desk. He remained standing. "Explain that to me... Tell me why you're laughing..."

Danny wiped the sweat beading on his brow, and immediately began to rise. He tried to laugh off his recent declaration..., "Nothing. Never mind... I... I just... I misunderstood what you said to me..."

"Danny, I was asking you about golfing..." Ed tried to feed Danny bits of the conversation to see if it jarred his memory, "I said we could go golfing this weekend... I said you could carry my balls..."..

"Yes," Danny nodded numbly, "Yes, that's what I thought you said... Carrying the balls...."

"What....??" Ed asked, still trying to understand where they had lost each other in the conversation..."You wanna carry my club too??"...

 

END