Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,432
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,198

Conscious Choice

Summary:

Jack tells of his feelings for Daniel.

Work Text:

P3R636 tore Daniel apart like I'd never seen before. When he was coming down from the Sarcophagus high with that gun waving in my face; things ran through my mind that I never acknowledged before. Yes, for some crazy reason that geek archeologist had gotten under my skin. For crying out loud Daniel was just a kid. But when you've been through the shit we have at planet, after planet I guess you get to know a guy. We've seen each other covered in blood, dying and some things that hell, I just don't want to remember. Yet, seeing him like that tore at a part of me. I was shocked to admit it was my heart.

"Oh Daniel, look at you." His face was covered in sweat; those eyes were filled with fear, panic and terror. The normally perfect hair was in disarray. I knew he wouldn't shoot me. All I wanted to do was wrap my arms around the guy. The second that gun lowered and Daniel went down I couldn't stand it anymore. Military or not, I couldn't hide my love for the kid anymore. I wrapped my arms around him as he sobbed into my chest.

"I didn't mean it Jack, please believe me," Daniel gasped between choked sobs.

"Daniel, it's okay, I've got you." I said softly as the man who'd come to mean so much to me fell apart in my arms. I knew Security would be there, but I knew what he needed. I walked past Sam with Daniel cradled against my chest. A soft smile of knowing crossed her face. Good girl, I thought. I knew instinctively she'd cover for me with General Hammond. Daniel needed me and damn it I wasn't going to let him down. It took some string pulling and angry glares, but I got Daniel off base and tucked into bed at my place.

"Jack..." came the hundredth apology. I put a finger to his lips and shook my head. Leaning over, I kissed his forehead. His eyes went wide with surprise then they closed with relief that of all times, I'd picked now to come out. Hopefully the old Military trademark of "Don't tell. Don't ask" would hold true. After all, if Sam figured us out the General undoubtedly knew. Hell, I wondered as I ran my hand through my hair, maybe the whole damn base knew. I looked down at Daniel who'd fallen asleep at long last. A loud sigh escaped my lips. I rewet the washcloth and wiped Daniels face. Shit, the poor kid was a mess.

Hours later I felt a tug on my hand, that was closed around Daniel's hand. I jerked awake causing my tilted back chair to hit the floor with jaw snapping force, as my booted feet came off the nightstand. Shaking my head at myself, I leaned forward to put a smiling face within his visual range. "Hey, how you feeling?"

Daniel squeezed my hand. "Better thanks to you."

"Yeah, well. I couldn't leave you in that damn hospital ward again could I?" I teased.

"Couldn't you Colonel?" Blue eyes flashed with amusement.

"I could use a damn good defense lawyer here." Daniel smiled up at me and I smirked in spite of myself. "Alright, guilty as charged for feelings in the first degree."

"Trying to tell me something here Jack?" Daniel was smirking now as his hands wrapped around my neck.

"Shut the hell up, Daniel," I said with no malice at all, before I closed the gap between us kissing him with force. There's just something different about being with a guy. Sure, I've had my share of women. But men are just different. The bodies obviously, but the fierceness, the possessiveness is what always gets me. Being a lifer in the Air Force had made being a fence rider damn difficult. So to feel strong arms that weren't afraid of being broken and vice versa was an incredible rush. I can see why Daniel gets so many women. He's one hell of a kisser. Damn reality hit me though, and I knew he needed to rest, no matter how much I wanted to see what he felt like underneath me. Why do I have to be so damn responsible? I pulled away with one last kiss to those soft lips. "Well, that worked. Now get some more rest, and that's an order." Daniel just smiled like I'd never seen before, - he looked, well, happy. It was nice to know I did that.

When he woke again I forced some food into the guy. I managed to restrict us to kissing that first day, but by the second it was getting damn difficult. Apparently, we'd both been holding on to feelings since way back when. What we wanted and needed was obvious. But I knew he needed to recover. Sam called to see how the kid was doing, and I was thankful to report he was recovering well. I figured by Monday we'd be back at HQ. She seemed relieved too. God that girl sounded stressed, she was probably taking the heat for us and I knew I had to get us back to base soon.

By Sunday afternoon, he was recovered and the kisses weren't enough any longer. I got my wish and found Daniel was one to squirm. The sex was hard and fast, none of this tender namby-pamby stuff you read about in those trash books. This was the real deal. Daniel was holding on to the headboard for dear life as I rode him within an inch of exactly that. I had no idea when we could sneak this in again. It may sound crazy but somehow we both knew without saying that we loved each other. After all, we were real men who didn't need to say that. But when I felt that wonderful sense of completion, I saw it in his eyes. A thousand reasons passed through my head as to why we shouldn't have just done what we just did. But ten thousand more told me it was right. Somehow we'd do this again, and stay together.

When I arrived at the base Monday with My Daniel, it was to find out he was still off the team. I hated to do it, but I had to leave him in that damn hospital to be checked over. My poor Daniel would have a hard time not squirming on that sore ass of his. Luckily I had thought to put a pillow on the passenger seat for him on the ride in or he'd been on the roof. I had to promise the poor guy not to be so enthusiastic next time. What can I say? It was pent up frustration I've been holding back from the kid for ages.

The General started to discuss what planet we should go to next with Sam, as I stood by watching T'ilq for any sign he knew. But let's face it, he'd be the best poker player the Earth has ever seen. I turned at the sound of footfalls to see My Daniel walking in to talk to the General, or so I had assumed. But I've got to hand it to the kid, he ignored everyone else and looked to me instead. How I managed to stay rooted to the spot when he looked at me like that, I still don't know. I wanted to just kiss the words right out of his mouth. Then he started to talk about going back to P3R636 and I thought I would wring his neck! Was he crazy?? Finally, he started to talk about all the slaves and captives that could be free. My Daniel. Yes, indeed this was My Daniel.

"Please Jack we need to take the chance." Daniel said at last.

I kept my eyes rooted to My Daniel as I addressed the General. Damn them if they had a problem with it. "I'd like Daniel back on the team."

In all our time together I thought I'd seen it all, thought I felt it all but I knew then I would never turn away from My Daniel. There was no doubt somehow we'd always be together. Looking into those beautiful eyes of My Daniel, I finally figured it out though it took a long, long time. There's been times, and would be times down the road that would separate us. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what I see in the guy. But suddenly it was all for him. It's always been for My Daniel.