Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
510
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,289

Drabble: St. Louis Book of Blues

Summary:

small scene, partly based on the ep "St. Louis Book of Blues"

Work Text:

Joey got up from his spot on the couch. He went to the radio in the corner and switched it off. He shook his head in frustration. "Why can't those White Sox win a game?" he muttered.

Joey glanced at his watch. Where was Danny? Danny said that he would catch the last few innings with him.

There was a soft knock on the door and Joey went to answer it. He found Danny leaning against the door frame. "Hey, Danny."

Danny sighed wearily but managed a smile. "Hey."

Joey took Danny's arm and pulled Danny inside. He shut the door and secured it because Danny wasn't going to be going anywhere. "The White Sox just lost."

"Boston was just too much for 'em."

Joey wrapped his arms around Danny's waist from behind and rested his chin on Danny's shoulder. "We'll beat Boston tomorrow."

"Sure." Danny turned to face Joey. "I know that I said I'd be here by the sixth or seventh inning. I'm sorry. I got held up."

Joey shrugged. "That's okay. What happened?"

Danny blew out a long breath and looked like he wasn't sure if he should smile or scowl. "Mike is what happened."

Every member of the MCU knew Mike's infamous temper. Joey bit his bottom lip. "What did he do now?"

Danny pulled away to start pacing. "You know about the problems he and Julie have been having with buying a dining room table, right?"

Joey remained still, watching Danny's agitated movement. "Yeah, we all know about it."

"Mike's becoming obsessed about it. He says that table is ruining his life. All he can do is fight with Julie over it. Don't get me wrong. He has every right to be upset if the furniture store is trying to cheat him," Danny ranted. "But..." Danny's voice trailed off and that mixture of amusement and frustration was back on his face.

"But," Joey prompted.

Danny grunted, stopped his pacing, and stared at Joey. "Mike tried to set fire to the store."

Joey's eyes got wide. "Really?"

Danny nodded. "Molotov cocktails. It was good that Nate and I got there just in time to stop him. I very tactfully reminded him that he could go to jail for that. He tried to get away from us but we managed to get him in the car. Then I told Nate to drive him home and I came here."

There was a long pause with the two men looking at each other. Finally, Joey couldn't help it anymore and started to laugh. "I know this isn't funny, but I just can't help it."

Danny cracked a smile. "Come here."

Joey did as he was told. "Did you get rid of the cocktails?" he asked, still grinning.

"Walter's going to take care of it," Danny answered and hugged Joey. "Thanks."

Joey nuzzled Danny's neck. "For what?"

"Nothing."

Joey gave Danny a soft kiss. "You're welcome."

 

The End