Adult Content Warning

This work could have adult content. If you continue, you have agreed that you are willing to see such content.

If you accept cookies from our site and you choose "Yes, Continue", you will not be asked again during this session (that is, until you close your browser). If you log in you can store your preference and never be asked again.

  1. Tags
    Summary

    Distribution: Gossamer, Spookys, anywhere is fine, just keep my name and email addy on it. Write it on the sidewalk if you want to, I don't care.
    Rating: R for language, sexual situations
    Category: S, R, angst with a capital A
    Spoilers: Tunguska/Terma
    Keywords: Krycek/other romance
    Summary: The sequel to "When Angel and Devil Kiss". Kate made her choice and now she has to deal with the consequences.
    Notes: Yes, you really have to read "When Angel and Devil Kiss" to understand any of this. It picks up immediately after that story left off, like ten or twenty minutes later. I only split them up because I like coming up with nifty titles, and I really like both of the ones I chose for these.
    I wrote a complete story to follow "When Angel and Devil Kiss" but then ripped it up into tiny pieces and started over. Since I knew Krycek would step out of the picture (at least for a while) I jumped at the opportunity to get Kate mixed up with Mulder and Scully. But then I realized Kate would never do that, she's way too guarded, and besides, she really doesn't like Mulder very much. At all. He's too nosy, as she remarks more than once.
    Many thanks to Vanzetti and Jess for beta-reading the new version. And for telling me I could do it, over and over...I am almost as thick as Mulder sometimes. Thanks for having faith in me.
    This chapter is strictly R and the only reason for that is Kate's tendency to swear like a sailor when she's upset. Otherwise I doubt it would even deserve a PG-13. But I like fanfic because you can do stuff they would never do on the actual show, like have Mulder shout obscenities at the top of his lungs. (You can't tell me he's never cussed out the Smoking Man, or Skinner, or even Scully on occasion. You just can't show that on TV. Much less when he's in the alien ship in FTF and hollers "Shit!" when he falls. That's not the exact word I would have chosen, but you can't use the F word and keep the PG-13 rating.) Okay I will shut up and stop my Fox censorship/MPAA rant now.
    For those of you who like O'Connor in spite of the fact that he's not Krycek (or maybe for that reason!) you will be happy to see him return in this chapter. I'm happy about it, I love him to death. Don't you wish you had a friend like him? He always knows what to say and when to say it. We all need friends like that.
    I was really surprised at the overwhelming positive feedback I got about O'Connor. I'm always nervous about introducing original characters into fanfic. Fanfic is for twisted people like me who enjoy making established characters jump through hoops. But everyone seems to like Kate a lot too, including me. That's why I can't figure out why I torment her so much. That poor girl's life sucks in a major way. The last chapter was angst-o-rama and there's more to come.
    Krycek never came to talk to me about this chapter, or the last for that matter. I couldn't tell you why. My guess is I am getting too personal and you know how he is about secrets. You'd think he would at least come to complain about that, but he's moody. He's probably off sulking somewhere after everything I put him through. Even after I let him keep his arm. Ingrate.

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    11,988
    Chapters:
    2/2
    Collections:
    1
    Kudos:
    16
    Hits:
    1,096